Hangout - The Games Hangout Thread | Page 66 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The Games Hangout Thread - E3 Edition

O and I completely forgot about Socom 4. Man Sony does have a lot of content coming out but its hard to remember everything because they just showed 5 second clips in their video compilations :darn. I wish they took more time to show highlights of specific games. Also I still never got news on FFXIII Versus!!!! I still have no idea bout that airship Riki :darn

And yes, I did know already that Rising wasn't an exclusive but I found it funny how Microsoft gets so full of itself and tries to make us think it is just an exclusive. It would be my first Metal Gear game if I do get it and I checked with my friend and he said I should have no problem picking this up without knowing the whole story line so I am looking forward to it :D. I loved how he cut the watermelon in the trailer :XD.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

^I don't think FFXIII VS was in Square Enix's roster but they might surprise us. :amuse

Nintendo has released a partial list of RPG 3DS games (first and third-parties):

Atlus:
# Etrian Odyssey
# Shin Megami Tensei
# Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
# Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Namco Bandai Games:
# Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo:
# Paper Mario

Square Enix:
# Dragon Quest franchise
# Final Fantasy franchise
# Kingdom Hearts franchise
It looks like Ocarina of Time might be remade for the 3DS but it hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo yet.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

hahaha, I thought I saw somewhere before that Ocarina of Time will be getting remade for it. I'm getting a chance to be redeemed by Nintendo and can get into playing Zelda with that and then Skyward Sword. :D I dunno, when I was younger I just never got any Zelda games and now I just felt like I may have missed too much to get into them now, but since I can possibly get Ocarina of Time for 3DS then that gives me an opportunity to take a step back and understand the storyline :grin.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

The MGS game that is going to be on the 3DS is a remake of MGS 3. The title will be Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample."

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I win because yes I heard that as well! Gives me a change to get into the MGS series too :XD. There are quite a few series that I am a bit late on. The two big ones are MGS and Zelda but I have a few good opportunities now to get into them. MG Rising looks really good and I will most likely get that anyway, plus its not part of Metal Gear Solid itself so it gives me more wiggle room to enjoy the game without knowing EVERYTHING about MGS.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

You should check those games out, Arrogance; they are really good series. :thumbs

Check out MvC3 videos here, which includes gameplay and an extended trailer of the previously released one.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

The gameplay for MvC3 is VERY intense! I honestly want the game RIGHT NOW! Dante's movements are amazing and I am surprised at how much I actually like Chris Redfield's moveset. I ended up laughing at one of his specials. Pulled out all the explosives and firearms he had in a series of attacks. How they utilize the Proximity Bombs were are nice and smart touch too. This seems to remind me of how they made Snake work in SSBB. Everyone was worried about it and in the end it worked perfectly. I wasn't sure how guns would work in this but in the end the guns and explosives are a really nice touch :).

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I forgot to mention that Disney's Epic Mickey seems quite interesting.I doubt i will buy it,but the story mode seems to be quite complex and the whole idea seems kinda refreshing.

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kirby: Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey. Epic 3DS, okay, I made the last one up. Nintendo shouldn't overuse the word epic, especially when talking about Kirby, a pink round ball that has a big mouth and Mickey, who is the face of Disney that no one cares about unless he's in a Kingdom Hearts game. I think a better title would be Mickey plays with his wii. But that's only things I can make fun of them since they win E3 this year. I wanna play Nintendogs + CATS now. \o/

"Is there someone out there using wireless?" translates to "We have yet to work out all the glitches."

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Just to break your chops a little Akiyama, you can't blame Nintendo for the game being called Epic Mickey because that is something that is the third party developers call. Yes its exclusive to the Wii but if you haven't noticed Nintendo doesn't own Disney and therefore its third party meaning they have no control over the name :XD. SO since Epic is an implied word for the 3DS :p, then that leaves Nintendo with only using Epic once and as a result your whole arguement FAILZ!!! :p

See, told you I would be breaking your chops a little :tem.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nomura stated that Kingdom Hearts 3DS will not be a port but will be a new game, which will be developed by the team that made KH: Birth by Sleep.

Even though it still hasn't been confirmed yet , it looks like Ocarina of Time is going to be remade for the 3DS based on the producer's comments (Never mind, it has been confirmed:

During the event, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma made its status as a game explicit when he discussed simplifying its menu system on the 3DS, in order to (among other things) make the Water Temple easier by allowing Link to add and remove the Iron Boots more quickly.
Before I forget, ScrewAttack said that Castlevania: LoS's game play is similar to God of War.

Screw Attack tried out MvC3: FTW and love it. They said that it is almost like playing a comic book.

Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Screw Attack tried out MvC3: FTW and love it. They said that it is almost like playing a comic book.
Yea, Riki I thought the same thing at first. I originally didn't think I would love the art style for the characters as they said but when you see it in the gameplay, within context if you will, it looks perfect is is very fitting. The way the characters are drawn helps the mashing of worlds to work more smoothly. You figure when your mixing together such a variety of characters from different worlds its hard to make them look like they should actually be together in the same game but the comic book like design fits perfectly and all makes them look like they belong together.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, I was kinda iffy about the graphics but it looks really nice when I watched the video.

Kotaku wrote their impressions of the 3DS. They really like it especially the 3D camera but their only complaint is that you have to look at the screen in a certain way/angle or else you'll get cross-eyed.

You can also see their live blog of the Konami press conference.

Capcom has posted some screenshots and more info about MvC3:

Features said:
Features:
• Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
• Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved new battle system, the “Team Aerial Combo”, takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
• 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team as you assign unique Assist Attacks for each character and utilize each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
• Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
• New Characters: In addition to the cast of popular franchise characters including Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk, Chris Redfield, Captain America and Felicia, Marvel’s increasingly popular Deadpool and Capcom’s Dante join the game for the first time in fighting game history.

The 3DS will come out in five different colors so far. They are Black & Dark Gray, Teal & Black, Gold & Black, Purple & Black, and Red & Black. *debate on which one I should get*

Nintendo also slightly altered the 3DS game card by adding a tab on the right side.

Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks Riki! I think it was smart to alter the game card a bit. It not too much like they have done between Gameboy and Gameboy color games to the point where it might annoy me but it is something necessary so little kids know that this game can't go in a regular DS. I remember when I was little I would try putting the wrong games in a gameboy hoping it would work only to be let down :XD.

As for colors they are all amazing looking! I love how they meld together on the top of the game instead of it just being a solid color. It really is hard to choose :darn. My natural reaction is to go with the Red because its my favorite color but the Blue looks really sweet and anything with Gold is obviously tempting. I think its safe to say Purple is out of the debate for me even though it is nicely made as well :p.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm leaning toward the Teal & Black or Red & Black. Luckily we are over the age of seven because Nintendo just recommended that kids who are under that age should not play it (the reason is that their eye muscles are not fully developed).

There are good news and bad news for people who are interested in the Xbox 360 Slim. First, the good news: it will no longer have the Red Ring of Doom. The bad news? It will instead have the Red Dot of Doom. -_-;

Lastly, Mortal Kombat 9 may have fatalities DLC contents.

Nomura said that he is not currently working on Kingdom Hearts 3 because his team is busy working on other projects (FFXIII VS and Kingdom Hearts 3DS). He also added that he hopes to work on it when the opportunity arrives.

Last edited:

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Haha, well at least we know that he actually is working on FFXIII Versus. Hopefully more than just the airship is ready though :XD. I still have no idea what that means, hopefully we get more info on it soon! :shakefist I would find it odd if it were to come out after FFXIV though :darn.

Vajrastra

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

for me the fav games would be anything RPG and PC platform. The Witcher, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Neverwinter nights, Knights of the old Republic 1 and 2, Alpha Protocol, Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy, and anything prince of persia. Warcraft is awesome as well, but WoW killed it. As you can guess, I do not play online.

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

^Nice article. Apparently, Kojima was at the Sony press conference but he wasn't speaking.

Here is some new minor info about KH3D.

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

That was a Nice article Hermie. Yes, the Kinect was shown a lot, too much in my opinion. Also I noticed the Sony list was pretty long :darn. And I noticed myself that Cammie wasn't there in here white suit to match the Wii :XD. The tone of the whole Nintendo conference was SO much better without her, lol. If you make anymore articles I'd be happy to read them so you know where to find us and you can always post it here :thumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.