Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

bleach ps2 blade battlers pt.2
 

rikki

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

Skies of Arcadia - Dreamcast (good 'ole classic RPG)
 

bunshindattebayo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
694
Reaction score
112
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

No More Heroes(Wii).This game RAWKS!
 

Windmillblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
9
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

NBA 2k 8 ps2.
 

shego

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
137
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

No More Heroes(Wii).This game RAWKS!
w0rd

This is the best game I've played on a Nintendo console that wasn't made by Nintendo themselves in a long while.
 

Streifen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
504
Reaction score
4
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

devil may cry 4 came out yesterday here in NA... :)

FINAL FANTASY SERIES
DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES
METAL GEAR SOLID SERIES
MOST OF SQUARESOFT AND SQUARE ENIX RPG GAMES
TEKKEN 2 - 5
:)

those are the reasons why you should buy PS3 instead of 360... there is DMC4 in 360 though... but how about the rest?... :)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

Now replaying FF XII to actually finish it this time. After that I'll probably go back and replay KH II and finish that game this time too.
 

Amatersu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
152
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

I didn't finish XII either, too much extra stuff. KH2 was good, just play expert if you want to unlock everything in one go.

I started WOW a week or two ago and am having a lot of fun with it. The community is really friendly in general. Though as soon as March 9th rolls around, Brawl all the way =D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

WoW scares me. Just seems way too addictive, and it's easy for me to get addicted to something like that. I'm playing Guild Wars instead and the community isn't bad either there. Remarkably less chaotic than I thought it would be, and it's even fun to "hang out" in the cities there. I had a lot of fun Christmas night playing GW.

It wasn't so much the "extra stuff" in FF XII that made me stop the first time, it was that I grew bored with the storyline in general. The game actually could probably have used a few more actual cinematics - but anyway. Re-playing it again, though, I'm enjoying it better this time knowing what to expect and the "extra stuff" is actually what keeps me playing the game. I'm leveling up so much though that the main storyline is becoming kind of easy, but oh well.
 

Streifen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
504
Reaction score
4
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

WoW scares me. Just seems way too addictive, and it's easy for me to get addicted to something like that. I'm playing Guild Wars instead and the community isn't bad either there. Remarkably less chaotic than I thought it would be, and it's even fun to "hang out" in the cities there. I had a lot of fun Christmas night playing GW.

It wasn't so much the "extra stuff" in FF XII that made me stop the first time, it was that I grew bored with the storyline in general. The game actually could probably have used a few more actual cinematics - but anyway. Re-playing it again, though, I'm enjoying it better this time knowing what to expect and the "extra stuff" is actually what keeps me playing the game. I'm leveling up so much though that the main storyline is becoming kind of easy, but oh well.
you are right... the story line of FFXII is pretty boring... since final fantasy X, they only focus on graphics too much... look at final fantasy VII and VIII the graphics isnt that superb but its worth playing all over again.... finals fantasy VII and VIII has the best battle system and gameplay... i like the materia, junctionings and limit breaks, but i think FFVIII was kinda short...

i dunno what happened to FFIX... the gameplay is just fine... i just dont like them using small characters for the game... i also dont like their individual skills!... not to mention their limit breaks... geez... i was thinking that the grandlethal would somewhat have an omnislash and a lionheart concept but all that i got was just japanese characters and then bang.... im more of a dash and slash guy... i like brute force more than pointing fingers releasing magics and stuff...

FFX was ok... the graphics was great... but i didnt love it as much as VII and VIII.... this is where they started to focus too much on graphics making the story somewhat dull... the love story didnt even touched me like squall and rinoa did... the story is too short.. and the phasing is too fast... good graphics though....

FFX-2 i dont like girls for main characters so i skipped it...

FFXII - just like what i said earlier... pretty boring and the limit breaks... all magic... i think they didnt put too much time thinking for cooler limit breaks and individual skill.... but i liked the gambit system... :) too bad van doesnt have any hack an slash skills.... i like FFVI more than this one...
 

mrcongojack

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
651
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

I'm playing CounterStrike: Condition Zero off and on and working in XMen Legends 2 for the Gamecube when I have the time and energy to plug my gamecube in.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

i was just playing Mass Effect.... it has a hot ending XD i liked that game, though. it was like Kotor, but you could control where the gun was pointed. it wasnt all just D&D with graphics.

now i've returned that (blockbuster has a great game deal: any game you want for however long you want for $23 dollars a month) and got Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. and I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN GAME! I've already beat it, but im keeping it to get the medals and what not. theres one i know i could get in about 3 hours if i tried... and i'd prolly get two more in that time, the golden ace and the golden marksmen. I've gotta be getting close to them, i've gotten really good with machine gun kills. there is an award for beating a lvl with just the machine gun, but im not sure i could do that.

next time i think im gunna get C&C:3
 

Shrimp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
31
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

For the moment I'm really into oldies, I've started Shining Force 3 and Seiken Densetsu 3 again, and I even tried to get back into FF7. And once these are finished, I'll try Baldur' Gate 2 again.
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

I'm into the oldies too, but i think they are somewhat older: Shining Force (the first one, for MegaDrive/Genesis) and Pokemon Yellow (GameBoyColor, Portuguese Version). I play both in my all-in-one emulator for Palm (Little John). Also whenever i have the time (usually on weekends) I play Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut for PC.
Say, shrimp, Shining Force 3 is also strategic RPG like versions 1 and 2 or is it more like real time action, like Chrono Trigger???
 

Sk3tch

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

Since I started college, I stopped playing games. I do get together with a couple of friends every once in a while to play Halo 3 :D.
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

Key Of Heaven. it's for PSP, at last i found a RPG for PSP :o
though i was kinda addicted to Everybody's Golf with all those chibi characters xD i can now say that this game is really good. the cenario is quite good, you might need to play the game a few times to completely understand everything i must warn you -.-;
I loved it also cause you can have it with Japanese Languase to hear and English subtitles :smile-big it felt like watching anime.
 

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
2,841
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

Currently only Devil may cry 4!! Totally crazy to achieve S rank in all missions in Dante Must Die and Hell or Hell, and No Damage, of course!!
 

godofthesunn

Ghosted
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

chessmaster grandmaster.. truly an epic game to push ones thoughts to the limit defense/offense/sacrifice/discovery... its like a puzzle depending if you play a good enough opponent
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

SSX:Tricky.The only game i played in a very,very long time.Preety nice game,love the tricks in it.
 

Athena

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What games are you currently playing?/ The Games Thread

Warhawk.
anybody else plays it here?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top