Discussion - The Gecko Moria thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Gecko Moria thread

Anti-panda

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
that could happen and it will because he has to master gear 2 and 3 so that when he fights and element he can go gear 4
I think he needs to master Chibi - Luffy ... there is great power there. It' is the true Gear 3. LOL
Nah but it'd be seriously cool to see mini-luffy beating up on some huge guy.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
CHIBI POWAH FTW!!!
:P
i guess he could get into someone nose and make a mess there!

Paz42

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hell yeh gecko trying to eat luffy or somthing and luffy kicking the crap outta geckos mouth that would be awesome

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
but that kinda already happened with warpol and Oda doesnt like to have two of the same thing go down (but luffy could make reference to the fact that it is the second time hes tried to be eaten)

jeffhmwong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Errr....guys....i am just wondering....has moria shown his face yet?

Or is he the big size monster sleeping behind the castle?

Kinda blur at this saga....very complicated

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
he's the big guy whos minions had to blow his sleeping nose bubble with an arrow to wake him up. =P

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
They haven't really established who gekko is ... they've implied that he's the big guy.. but you never know until oda tells you flat out.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah that could be an attack suit and gekko rides on he back ontroling it or something like that

jeffhmwong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
They haven't really established who gekko is ... they've implied that he's the big guy.. but you never know until oda tells you flat out.
Ya...theres nothing saying hes's (the fat guy) is gecko. Originally I presumed the Zombie Samurai (whom hit nami usop and chooper) was gecko.

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
maybe thats it gecko is this tiny person in control of this huge battle suite and could have a mini battle with chibi luffy

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
maybe thats it gecko is this tiny person in control of this huge battle suite and could have a mini battle with chibi luffy
That would be awesome... the only thing i could think of that would be cooler would be maybe Chibi luffy using a watered down version of Gear 2nd. Vs Little gekko moria

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That would be awesome... the only thing i could think of that would be cooler would be maybe Chibi luffy using a watered down version of Gear 2nd. Vs Little gekko moria
hehe ye that would be amazing this little powered up chibi luffy fighting against a mini moria.

I some how dont think that this is a possobiltie i think what we see with moria is what we get a giant i think that oda has brought this in to show just how powerful luffy has gotten now he has gear 2nd and 3rd and where he can go with theese new abilites.

Im just really really curious about the whole zombie/shadow stealing has got to with moria and where brooke fits in to the whole situation and when we are going to see him again

:EDIT: just a quick thought while browsing through some old chapters so far all the Shichibukai have had some form of animal themesuch as Donquixote Doflamingo obviously a flamingo from his name and his pink feather coat and Bartholomew Kuma kuma being bear and his little hat with the ears so i was wondering is "Gecko" Moria going to have some form of lizard related theme ? Just a thought

Last edited:

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
if the theory of mini moria in a large battle suit is correct, it will be just like with earth worm jim, but instead of an earthworm, there'll be a mutant lizard in that huge armor. :p maybe that'll be the connection =D

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if the theory of mini moria in a large battle suit is correct, it will be just like with earth worm jim, but instead of an earthworm, there'll be a mutant lizard in that huge armor. :p maybe that'll be the connection =D
lol i hadnt thought about that hmmmm the plot of mini moria thickens

i cant wait for the next chapter to come out i really hoping that we learn somthing more about moria or even a better look at him (or his battle suit if our cunning theorys are correct) im just so curious about this arc we know nothing about what is going on its starting to get really awesome aswell like so many different villians have been introduced its just boiling up to an amazing fight

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks for backing up my theory better than i could but i was reading kenshin and that is where i got that idea

but i have another question about him does his shadow stealing abilites have anything to do with the fact that the generals have the same attacks/ morals as the crew (zoro/snaji) and brooke laugh,... or if it is someone under his comand like hogback makeing these people into zombies

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm if attaching a soul gives a reanimated corpse a soul .. or at least part of one ... we have to ask ourselves if brooke can't go into the sun ... because he'll be destroyed .. does that mean all the zombies in thriller bark share that same weakness.
And of course if you have part of someones soul attached to you, you'd start taking on personality trait's of the soul that has been attached.
I bet it's like a smoothie. there's some of the real you and some of the person who's shadow is attached to you.
So basically if luffy .. or someone can dispel the shadow ... or fog.. clouds... whatever is keeping thriller bark in the dark, then that'll clear up all the zombies. except that'd kill at least brooke too... probably sanji and zoro too.

But the real question I have is this. Is hogback the real Dr. Hogback...????
Or is he just someone else who has had Dr. Hogback's shadow attached to thier reanimated corpse. Thus gaining his knowledge and abilities.
Something to think about.

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thats the basic theory that i have shadow contains part of the soul shadow stolen and is usedd to re-animate corpse hence why they have personality traits of the people whos shadow they have had. now i dont know if there skills are copied aswell because we dont know that brooke has any swordmanship skills like the samurai zombie general(forgot his name) that we believe has his shadow but then looking at the penguin dog and 3 sword style zombies both seem to have skills similar to zoro and sanji its most confusing

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
well going from what anti panda said the samuri could have been a sanuri in his life and when brroke shadow got attached to him he got brookes laught and personality while his skills remainded his (and brooke wasnt weak cause he and his crew made it all the way to the new world entrance)

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had some thoughts about gekko moria and his namesake. He may not be lizard like at all. I mean look at crocodille ... his weakness was water. A crocodille spends most of it's life in the water. So it could go one way or the other. I still like the Idea's we've been throwing around in here. But i'm having doubts.
Either way I expect that we're all wrong and Oda will go in another completely different direction than any of us expect.

Paz42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ye there is no way to look into odas head and see what he is thinking and even if you could i dont think it would make sense lol but i think that maybe gecko is going to be quite a lazy person but once he starts to move hes lightning fast such as an acctual gecko.