Discussion The Gecko Moria thread

Anti-panda

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
614
Reaction score
35
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I bet gekko is really strong ... but i'm begining to think that he's not in his real body... so I bet he's got tons of skills that he hasn't even shown us yet.
 

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I know this has been adressed that Nico Robin specifically said that GM is a giant and I'd like to check if this were really so but I can't because I already deleted the chapter where Robin talked about GM.

Can somebody please post a picture where Robin said GM being a giant? My memory is really fuzzy these days.

It seems to me that Moria is not really a giant as giants are really large (and I don't think he's a young giant, no sir), he's more like Whitebeard or the those Kairiki (was that right?) brothers. Even the fishman/giant in the filler from Davy Back Fight was larger than GM.

I just want things to be clarified.
 

Paz42

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I know this has been adressed that Nico Robin specifically said that GM is a giant and I'd like to check if this were really so but I can't because I already deleted the chapter where Robin talked about GM.

Can somebody please post a picture where Robin said GM being a giant? My memory is really fuzzy these days.

It seems to me that Moria is not really a giant as giants are really large (and I don't think he's a young giant, no sir), he's more like Whitebeard or the those Kairiki (was that right?) brothers. Even the fishman/giant in the filler from Davy Back Fight was larger than GM.

I just want things to be clarified.
I checked the old chapters and moria is introduced by name in chapter 448 and robin doesnt say antyhing about him being a giant there and in the begining of chapter 449 she doesnt say anything about him being a giant there either so im guessing that she doesnt

there is deffinatly more to moria then meets the eye hes gotta have more power then just removing shadows and he must have been a powerful pirate to start with to become a schichibuki (sp) and im starting lean more and more towards him being uber fast like him fighting with luffy normaly and gettin himself a challenge so he starts to move really fast and luffy has to go gear 2nd or somthing like that
 

OP_overlord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
903
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
who was that big guy that those three zombies had to wake up by shoting an arrow through his snot bubble wasnt that GM he looked big in that pic
 

Anti-panda

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
614
Reaction score
35
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
who was that big guy that those three zombies had to wake up by shoting an arrow through his snot bubble wasnt that GM he looked big in that pic
I don't know if those guy's were really tiny or if that was a larger version of GM. Lots of people are he's not currently in his real body.

Or maybe he can grow big for 3min like Ultraman.... I know i'm doing pretty good if I can stay big for 3 mins.
 

OP_overlord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
903
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well either he can remover his own shadow and put it in other bodies which would suck for luffy in their fight or he can make his own shadow larger ths making himself larger in the procces
 

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
1,340
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
as frames have shown, those guys are only about waist high on normal sized people if i remember right and in combination with the extremely bottom heavy Moria, it was simply an illusion that he was giant sized
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
he is giant size. his subordinates needed to shoot an arrow to get to his nose-bubble.. :p
 

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Lets get technical !!!
Those guys are about waist high on normal people so they will be about 85cm. A full sized arrow will be about 60cm. As those guys are shooting it and say an average sized person is 170cm then the arrows the three midget zombies will shoot will be 30cm. The nose bubble's diameter was about the length of the arrow so it will be 30cm. As nose bubbles are usually depicted as bigger than the persons Gecko Moria's nose will be about 20cm long or wide (whichever). If a persons head is 25cm then his nose is about 5cm from top to bottom so 20*5=100cm. Your head is usually about a sixth of the length of your body so Gecko Moria is 600cm, 6m tall.

I'll leave you to decide if he's a giant (I don't think he is)

(Just had a maths exam)
 
Last edited:

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Lets get technical !!!
Those guys are about waist high on normal people so they will be about 85cm. A full sized arrow will be about 60cm. As those guys are shooting it and say an average sized person is 170cm then the arrows the three midget zombies will shoot will be 30cm. The nose bubble's diameter was about the length of the arrow so it will be 30cm. As nose bubbles are usually depicted as bigger than the persons Gecko Moria's nose will be about 20cm long or wide (whichever). If a persons head is 25cm then his nose is about 5cm from top to bottom so 20*5=100cm. Your head is usually about a sixth of the length of your body so Gecko Moria is 600cm, 6m tall.

I'll leave you to decide if he's a giant (I don't think he is)

(Just had a maths exam)
Ummm... I'm currently hungry so all those numbers are just swimming in my head aimlessly right now. My neurons just aren't firing efficiently. I'm guessing that your calculations are more or less correct though (and I don't need no maths for it).

As far as I have seen and can deduce, GM is no giant, he's just too small for a giant. Oz, now he's a giant or at least something as large or larger than one.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Oz is way larger than a giant. But I agree, Moria is a kinda small giant.
 

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Looking at the new raw (episode 458) it confirms that my calculations were basically right give or take a few meters. Perona was shown to be about a fifth the height of Gecko Moria and as shes about 170, Gecko is 850cm, 8m 50cm. So he is definitely not a giant. Maybe just a character suffering from gigantism. (he seemed bigger than White Beard though)
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Or, there's always the possibility that, in fact, the giant thing is just a big suit. But, then why would he need the giant pirate ship?
 

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Or, there's always the possibility that, in fact, the giant thing is just a big suit. But, then why would he need the giant pirate ship?
The very large pirate ship (Thriller Bark) has nothing to do with Moria's size. It's because he has plenty of minions and bodies to store. Remember that his motto is to let others take action for him and for that he needs a lot of underlings of various sizes.

And how are you supposed to store a body like Oz's if you don't have an enormous ship? Hence the large ship.
 

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
The very first time Gecko Moria appeared, I said in one of the threads that he's in a suit. I still stick by my claim...:p
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I thought that since I first saw him too. I also keep having this idea that Mihawk is going to split his suit open, for some reason.
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gecko is my least fav shibukai so far.. it like he doesn't have what it take to be huge.... by himself at least...
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, Moria is a total douchebag so far. I wonder how he got the newspaper about the SHs new bounties if he lives in the middle of the Triangle?
 

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
That news delivery bird can go anywhere. And also one of the pirates who he lured into thriller barque and destroyed may have had some information on the topic. By the way can any one guess how old Gecko Moria is? Cos he looks like one hell of an ugly ossan.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, as a giant, he can be hundreds of years old, but I don't think age has to do with the fact that he's as ugly as sin. But, since when do giants have horns? Makes no sense.
 
Top