Discussion The Gecko Moria thread

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Okay, couple things. If the body had eaten the Kage Kage no mi, and he was dead, how could the dead body have taken Moria's shadow and put it into himself? Makes no sense.

And I agree, Luffy fighting a giant would have been kinda lame. Now, against a large opponent, that's better. It made me respect Oda-sensei...again, not that I already didn't.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay, couple things. If the body had eaten the Kage Kage no mi, and he was dead, how could the dead body have taken Moria's shadow and put it into himself? Makes no sense.
Exactly. There's no way he could be a zombie, because there's no way that his soul could be removed without him being dead somewhere in the process. And if he were dead, he wouldn't be able to finish transferring the soul. Upshot: There is no possible way that Moria is a zombie.

And I agree, Luffy fighting a giant would have been kinda lame. Now, against a large opponent, that's better. It made me respect Oda-sensei...again, not that I already didn't.
Well, I didn't say THAT. I was referring to drawings of Moria taking up too much page space, leaving not enough space for other things that move the plot more then a picture or two of Moria, and One Piece chapters would begin to have as much content in them as recent Bleach chapters, (Heaven forbid!) because too much space was being taken up by drawings that take up more space then they move the plot. How would Luffy fighting a giant be lame? I sorta liked Luffy vs. Broggy, for what it was worth. I don't think it would be lame at all for Luffy to fight a giant. It would've been a good chance to showcase Gear 3rd, at least, and even without that, it'd be an interesting fight. We haven't really seen a giant fight a Devil Fruit user. (Saul vs. Aokiji doesn't count, Saul was buying time, and it mostly consisted of him dying. That was slaughter, not a real fight. I think giants are at a disadvantage fighting Logia users, they can't dodge the elements, and their brute strength isn't of much use.)
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
In the fights with Gear 3rd, it mostly showed Luffy making the actions, a bunch of panels of the action, and then a screen shot to the result, except with Giganto Pistol, which showed the whole thing. But, that's just fine, because it was bad-ass.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
SO! I guess no one saw that coming! (Or did someone see that coming? :s) - Power Ranger Moria controlling his huge Megazord (or is it megazoid?) Ozz. And he really is a lazy bum! Just sitting there, and controlling his robot... Same with his shadow-clone! Can he even fight by himself?! :@
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
He's a very large man. I imagine he can deal out some heavy damage himself. And he's controlling Doppelman, so it's like he's fighting, I guess.

And Oz being a robot is kick-ass.
 

Freakzin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
295
Reaction score
15
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i just realized Moria looks like Penguin from batman

edit: a crap i meant Hogback
 
Last edited:

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Moria is a joke.

Hes gonna get pawn't now. Hopefully this arc ends soon..I never really liked the Thriller Bark arc.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I, for one, really really like this arc.. =D Brooke is awesome, and there are so many unexpeced things (such as Kuma's arrival).
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This is a great arc, although I admit that I'd like it to move on soon...maybe if Brook got a fight, I'd think differently.

But I agree with Absolutio, the main reason this arc is great is Brook.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am sure that this arc won't last for more then 10 more chapters. And that's a maximum. I think 6 might do. But I like this arc, Brook or not. It's just a very interesting, creative idea, and when Oda-sensei has those kinds of ideas, good arcs happen. And it's been interesting from a character development perspective too. Zoro and Chopper had some development, and there was some getting familiar with Franky, Ussop got to show how far he has progressed (and the reappearance of Sogeking!) and there was some establishment of character for other Straw Hats too. A good arc, I'd say. Easily on par with the rest of the awesomely good arcs. Though of course, Brook helps.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
10 more, yeah, that seems like enough breathing room. But this arc would need some interesting closure if they're going to get back all the shadows, taken down/escape from two Shichibukai and their forces, have a new nakama join, and escape in their ship.

But Oda-sensei will pull it off, I'm sure. Hell, maybe Laboon will come and destroy TB.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hell, maybe Laboon will come and destroy TB would freeze over before what you wrote happened happened.
That would be all sorts of awesome, but no. Laboon is too big to enter the Grand Line, that was why they left him behind. And Crocus would never take him anyway. And that would be making the fulfillment of Brook's dream to easy. He has to chase his dream and make himself go to it, not have it go to him.

P.S. I'm sure you were just joking, but I couldn't resist using the strike-through thing. Sorry if that was a bit immature of me.

Moderator Notice:
Stay on topic.~ Luckas
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
first of all, laboon stayed behind because they were scared he'll get hurt, if i remember correctly. He was kind of small back then..

And on toppic, I just realized that we don't even know what type of Moria's DF is - it might even be a logia, and not necessarily peremycia as i'm sure most of us thought it is.

EDIT: Oh.. nvm about that.. forgot about Luffy being able to kick him.. Guess he's a peremycia type after all.. :s
 
Last edited:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, I didn't think Laboon would really come, it was more of a joke, although if it DID happen, I would be happy inside...and outside.

And Moria is a Paramiciea DF. He cannot turn into a shadow.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
[dream]But wouldn't it be just AWESOME if he could?[/dream]
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
[reality] No, because then Luffy would lose[/reality]
 

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
i think moria might could suprise u guys, since he HAS a bounty of 320m
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I don't think he'll "surprise" me, since I've already accepted that he's powerful. We've just seen very little of his power, but of what we've seen, he has an unstoppable wall in front of him at all times that can crush people, as well as turn itself into various other objects that can attack an opponent.
 

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Gecko Moria is overshadowed by Lucci and even Sir Crocodile...

I mean, Luffy doesn't seem to be having a tough time at all =\
 

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
the sunlight timing is compare able with the bomb in alabasta...
 
Top