Archived The Hang Out Thread v. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I dont watch a lot of tennis, only wimbledon. And even then i tend to stick to the british matches (i.e. murray -_-;) and the finals. But the grunting is the best part of the womens game xDDD (but when the guys do it...its totally weird :oh)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ne, random question. Does the queen of England watch Wimbledon? Or like, does she personally visit or watch a match?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
She'd probably go to the match if she wanted to see it. Probably has special box seats or something >_>
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
happy 4th of july..I lived in Saudi briefly, and I'm feeling nostalgic about Shawarma...I'm not sure if they have those in Lebanon....the closest thing to a Shawarma here in California, that I know of, is served in Zankou Restaurant. It's a little too expensive, but surprisingly, it's not bad.
<hr noshade size="1">


well I hope you can look at the bright side and see it as in not going to work, at least. Happy 4th of july.




holidays are always nice.

bed all day? why, no school? work?
Of course they make shawarmas in Lebanon. they are the best their. I like the beef a little more than the chicken. LOL, U know about Zankou, where u live, theres like 3 or 4 next to where I live. That garlic sauce they have is the bomb, my mom makes pounds of those at home. Do you like the garlic sauce. Their is the white one, and there is that bashe one next to the hummus, its so good. Now Im humgry, I think Im going to eat that today


I hate watching tennis :x It's almost as bad as watching golf >___>
Even if its Federer vs Nadal I cant watch it from begining to end, maybe half of it
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
ne, random question. Does the queen of England watch Wimbledon? Or like, does she personally visit or watch a match?
Yea, they have a royal box somewhere around centre court. The players would have to bow everytime they passed the box, but they stopped doing it a couple of years ago, a shame. They now only have to bow when the queen or prince charles are actually inside the box. xDD As for the matches, i think she comes to the finals, but thats probably it. She probably has much more important things to do (yea right >.>).
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
yeah that's about right....prince philip was at the women's wimbledon final today but i didn't see the begining of the game so i don't know if they bowed to him or not....
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Lelo:

ahh...the garlic sauce...how can I forget. They're the best. I try making my own garlic sauce imitation, but it sucks, lol. I use mayonaise and garlic powder (sometimes I use actual garlic)....it's good with any meat, I usually use it for fried chicken. But yeah, I am craving for authentic Arabian food. The closest thing I know to it is Zankou, lol....nearest one to my house is Burbank.


@ tennis grunting:

yeah, Sharapova and Kournikova were my favorite grunters, for obvious reasons.
 

EvilGenious

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
20
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
eh...I don't really follow any other sport but soccer...and even then, I don't get to follow it often...

*sigh*
 

GrayFoxx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,780
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Stop calling it soccer. It's Football dammit!!!

What is "soccer" suppose to mean anyway? Is it got something to do with umm... socks? is that it? Well that didn't make much sense. Football makes a whole lot of sense on the other hand.
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
aye the foxman is right, we've had this discussion before, the word soccer is taboo >_>

btw somethin is seriously wrong with me, i cant fuckin drink rum anymore, i tried yesterday and i didnt like anymore, its mortifying.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Of course they make shawarmas in Lebanon. they are the best their. I like the beef a little more than the chicken. LOL, U know about Zankou, where u live, theres like 3 or 4 next to where I live. That garlic sauce they have is the bomb, my mom makes pounds of those at home. Do you like the garlic sauce. Their is the white one, and there is that bashe one next to the hummus, its so good. Now Im humgry, I think Im going to eat that today
Shawarmas! I lurve shawarma! I don't know how to make the garlic sauce. Hm... maybe I should learn to do that.


@ tennis grunting:

yeah, Sharapova and Kournikova were my favorite grunters, for obvious reasons.
No, it's not obvious. I'm really innocent. :oh

Stop calling it soccer. It's Football dammit!!!

What is "soccer" suppose to mean anyway? Is it got something to do with umm... socks? is that it? Well that didn't make much sense. Football makes a whole lot of sense on the other hand.
But americans use the word soccer right, because they confuse it with Amefuto?

btw somethin is seriously wrong with me, i cant fuckin drink rum anymore, i tried yesterday and i didnt like anymore, its mortifying.
that only means one thing, ippy. It's by divine intervention. It just happens to some people.

That happened to my sister and her smoking habit. One day she woke up and she just hated smoking. So she purged the house of all things related to smoking, as it disgusted her.
 

GrayFoxx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,780
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
aye the foxman is right, we've had this discussion before, the word soccer is taboo >_>
exactly right :nod

btw somethin is seriously wrong with me, i cant fuckin drink rum anymore, i tried yesterday and i didnt like anymore, its mortifying.
Sounds like your having a hard time, maybe you just need to drink a lot of it to get a hang of it again?

But americans use the word soccer right, because they confuse it with Amefuto?
yeah, but that's blasphemy!
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
that only means one thing, ippy. It's by divine intervention. It just happens to some people.

That happened to my sister and her smoking habit. One day she woke up and she just hated smoking. So she purged the house of all things related to smoking, as it disgusted her.
yeah but i wasnt an alcoholic i wasnt was I? so i wasn't addicted so its not a good thing you evil evil woman.
Sounds like your having a hard time, maybe you just need to drink a lot of it to get a hang of it again?
aye ill try that, thanks.

yeah, but that's blasphemy!
burn em all at the stakes :kukuku
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yo Imperium, did you see the game? that was epic!

I wanted Roger to win, oh well, Nadal deserved it.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yosh, soccer = association football, like rugger (rugby), it was a nickname used by the posh lot back in the day....which means its double BLASHPHEMY (first for being wrong, second because its posh) :shakefist
yo Imperium, did you see the game? that was epic!

I wanted Roger to win, oh well, Nadal deserved it.
Amazing match, absolutely amazing, its what you expect from a wimbledon final. :D

I soooo wanted roger to win too, especially after he made that comeback, i was screaming my head off for him. But alas, it was never to be, i suppose you have to rate rafa, but as one top gear presentor said "why are the spanish winning everything"!!! :(
 

EvilGenious

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
480
Reaction score
20
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
SORRY!!! I'm an American...so shoot me!

Actually, please do so...I'm counting down the days that Bush leaves office...the current competition running isn't any better...

Oh, yeah! I just found out last night that I am going to be an aunt!
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
@Lelo:

ahh...the garlic sauce...how can I forget. They're the best. I try making my own garlic sauce imitation, but it sucks, lol. I use mayonaise and garlic powder (sometimes I use actual garlic)....it's good with any meat, I usually use it for fried chicken. But yeah, I am craving for authentic Arabian food. The closest thing I know to it is Zankou, lol....nearest one to my house is Burbank.


@ tennis grunting:

yeah, Sharapova and Kournikova were my favorite grunters, for obvious reasons.
the original way of making tume(thats what we call it in Arabic), is with garlic, lemon, salt, olive oil and potato. Thats how Zankou does it. But because that way takes forever and costs more money, cause u need a crap load of potatos to make a decent amount, my mom makes it with mayo too. It tastes almost identicle, and she makes so much with so little garlic. Just yesterday I walked it my kitchen and no joke the was like 10 mayo bottles, and so much garlic. I was disgusted at first cause I hate mayo with a passion but I love garlic too much. I eat garlic straight with salt and pita bread, its so good. Anyways thats the only thing I eat with mayo, well tuna sandwiches too cause thats how subway makes it.

As for Wimbeldon, is was good. I only saw the highlights and that looked like a really good match to be at. They said its the longest finals in history. Too bad I wanted Federer.


^ Congratulations on becoming an aunt

As for the elections, dont start. I really want to leave the states now and go to Canada, its so peaceful there and gas ain't $5 a gallon. I just hope whoever is going to win the election has a good vice president, so we can atleast have hope that he will to a good job, like Al Gore did and not Dickface Cheaney
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
mayo n garlic is aioli >_>
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
the original way of making tume(thats what we call it in Arabic), is with garlic, lemon, salt, olive oil and potato. Thats how Zankou does it. But because that way takes forever and costs more money, cause u need a crap load of potatos to make a decent amount, my mom makes it with mayo too. It tastes almost identicle, and she makes so much with so little garlic. Just yesterday I walked it my kitchen and no joke the was like 10 mayo bottles, and so much garlic. I was disgusted at first cause I hate mayo with a passion but I love garlic too much. I eat garlic straight with salt and pita bread, its so good. Anyways thats the only thing I eat with mayo, well tuna sandwiches too cause thats how subway makes it.
thanks for giving away that secret recipe. I had no idea there's potato in it, lol.

As for Wimbeldon, is was good. I only saw the highlights and that looked like a really good match to be at. They said its the longest finals in history. Too bad I wanted Federer.
They were playing with full energy up to the last minute, that's what's insane about it! Excellent excellent game. I can't wait for a rematch.


EvilGenious said:
SORRY!!! I'm an American...so shoot me!

Actually, please do so...I'm counting down the days that Bush leaves office...the current competition running isn't any better...
When I came to America from the Philippines, I only came with a bag of clothes and a few hundred bucks. To think of how far I've come from being dirt poor, to having an opportunity to finish college, where else will anyone find such opportunity?

And my mom supports two large families in the Philippines (my aunt and uncle's), she pays for the tuition fees of more than 10 children, and this could not have been possible had she not decided to come here. And I know so many other Filipinos like me who have similar stories.

You may disagree with me, but I'm proud to be an American.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
nice to see someone from another country who actually likes us ^^;;;

alright, so friday i officailly get to start drinking! whos coming down to celebrate and get drunk with a bunch of sailors? XD it kinda sucked not being able to get drunk on my 21st, but a week late isnt too bad...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top