Archived The Hang Out Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakura_hime04

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,609
Reaction score
187
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Like this one? :oh

Auuuuu thats so yummy ack sorry pyon pyon wrong typos, i mean the penguins look so cute and bulat :love

heeheeeee~~~ so now it's Ichi's turn, right? Or would it be rabb's? :p
Goo :shakefist bunny-kun post some pictures in here :XD


@sakura, that was supposed to say mine and lil's :darn i need to keep watching for typos like that.... ok, so what is good morning, then? :p i'll force you to teach me like you tach yomiko :kukuku
Gua akan mengajarimu bahasa ini dengan senang hati, dan jangan lupa bayar uang privatnya ya :XD
translation: I'll teach you this language with my pleasure, and don;t forget pay for course cost k :XD

@culumnus: welcome in hang out thread :XD and beware with ichi, he's kind brain-eater of newmember :XD just kitting ichi :hug
 
Last edited:

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi people! Um, I just saw the discussion on tennis and I just started playing last week :D (my first time)
It was fun, except I had to run around chasing after the tennis balls (that's the tiring part, lol). Are some of you guys like pro players or something?
do you mind if i ask what your handle means? i know that "cumulus" is latin for "heap" or "surplus", and that it is also a puffy cloud, so i was just wondering why you chose it...? :amuse

Goo :shakefist bunny-kun post some pictures in here :XD
it took me three tries to get it to work >_> and im fairly sure i've posted tha pic before :p if you want newer ones (one of which has a belt around my head) you guys got to post pics :p
Gua akan mengajarimu bahasa ini dengan senang hati, dan jangan lupa bayar uang privatnya ya :XD
translation: I'll teach you this language with my pleasure, and don;t forget pay for course cost k :XD
its gunna cost me 1 k?!?! $1,000 for a class in Malay?! whoa... i think im too broke to learn other languages.... wtf, college level spanish only cost me $56!
 

Obxist

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
so who wants to learn indo/malay languange
be careful with her, we dont know if she's teaching u the right thing
(oh my god, i hear SH_04 is coming)
bye guys, gotta run... ah and rabb i dont think she means 1 k .... i thinks its 1 million LOL
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking of tennis I suck. I always hit the ball to hard. Stamina is no problem but i keep hitting the ball out of bounds. I play high school basketball or used to so Thats my sport.
Hell Ill learn any language if someone is willing to teach me. all I speak is english.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Hey guys I'm back!

Tennis is fun, I can serve like a pro, thats what my tennis coach said... He says I should keep playing but I just do it as a hobby. I also played Basketball and Volleyball in High School. Ahh all those good times. Its good being tall. Is there any sport where being short is an advantage?
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good question. I cant think of one. How tall are you? What positiom did you play in Basketball? I played point guard. Im only 5'7 so tall is not a word to describe me.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so who wants to learn indo/malay languange
be careful with her, we dont know if she's teaching u the right thing
(oh my god, i hear SH_04 is coming)
bye guys, gotta run... ah and rabb i dont think she means 1 k .... i thinks its 1 million LOL
no, cus then she would've said 1m, and not 1k...
Hey guys I'm back!

Tennis is fun, I can serve like a pro, thats what my tennis coach said... He says I should keep playing but I just do it as a hobby. I also played Basketball and Volleyball in High School. Ahh all those good times. Its good being tall. Is there any sport where being short is an advantage?
i know that there are several in which being short is better, but for some reason the only one i can think of is being a horse jockey.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Field hockey is easier when you're shorter =) Or, so I've heard. Something about being closer to the ground and not having to bend over as much. more balanced when dribbling, etc
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
That's definitely true. I always had trouble with field hockey because of my height. Even the sticks were too short :darn That's probably why I ended up playing defense, even though in most other sports I've always played offense. I was too clumsy to be a forward :XD
 

gluttony

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
265
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
i've never played hokey, but i really love watching the games. actually basketball is my favourite sport.
does any of you play baseball? that's one of those games that i don't even know how to play! :darn not very famous around here...

@gdupninja i'll teach you portuguese!!:D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I know the basics of baseball, since it's such a popular sport here. The season just drags on though =P Gets annoying. I'm much more of a soccer and American football fan. And field hockey, obviously =D
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I accept Gluttony. Please teach me Portugese. Anyway I remember playing field hockey in PE. I sucked. I played baseball as a kid. I swung at everything but when I made contact you best believe it was going far. I had a nice swing.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I used to play floorball when i was younger, man, thats one helluva fun sport. :amuse

right now one of my friends tries to educate me in the world of MMA since im thinkin of starting.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whoa was it fun pirate. Ive never seen that sport before.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
floorball is really fun, kind of stings if ya get hit by the ball though..

im kind of scared of starting MMA since ill be training with people that started like a year ago >_>
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
hi howya guys doing!!! :confetti

:oh :headscratch this has become a sports thread. btw. cumulus is my sis. she made an account b4 but it was like a year ago so she didn't remember... -_-;
No it isn't :p

:oh :notrust LIAR :yelling just post another picture, like penguins or what :XD
yeah PY!!! pic pic pic!!!! :XD :hug

Like this one? :oh

you really did post a pic of a penguin... -_-;


PY said:
And hope you stop by here once in a while too :amuse
she will try. *she told me to say that to yous guys* :smile-big.


Auuuuu thats so yummy ack sorry pyon pyon wrong typos, i mean the penguins look so cute and bulat :love
:oh yeah they're cute:wtf :yelling so don't eat them! :wtf


sakura said:
Goo :shakefist bunny-kun post some pictures in here :XD
whose bunny-kun? :blink




zombie-chan said:
@culumnus: welcome in hang out thread :XD and beware with ichi, he's kind brain-eater of newmember :XD just kitting ichi :hug

do you mind if i ask what your handle means? i know that "cumulus" is latin for "heap" or "surplus", and that it is also a puffy cloud, so i was just wondering why you chose it...? :amuse
the cloud one :p


hmmm, I dunno guys, where is that picture? :headscratch

Guess I lost it, oh dear :p

:paperbag
yeah right... :notrust
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know the basics of baseball, since it's such a popular sport here. The season just drags on though =P Gets annoying. I'm much more of a soccer and American football fan. And field hockey, obviously =D
im the same. i know the basics of baseball, and i'll cheer for the sox, but i don't know the intricacies of the game, and i don't know the names of a lot of the teams... but i love football, soccer, and hockey XD

Anyway I remember playing field hockey in PE. I sucked. I played baseball as a kid. I swung at everything but when I made contact you best believe it was going far. I had a nice swing.
ah i loved playing it in gym! except i got hit in the wrong spot a few too many times x.x but im really good at hassling whoever had the puck or ball, and this was eve easier in such a confined area XD plus i didnt have to stay on my side of the court. but that is only inside. playing outside was fun too. just for different reasons :p

:oh :headscratch this has become a sports thread. btw. cumulus is my sis. she made an account b4 but it was like a year ago so she didn't remember... -_-;
oh yeah...l i remember that... or rather, i remember you telling me not to hit on her :XD
whose bunny-kun? :blink
yeah, that'd be me >_> a sakura adaption of an ichi adaption of a dizzy adaption of an old nickname of mine XD
the cloud one :p
ya realize i asked so that she'd have something to say when she came back, right? :p
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Good question. I cant think of one. How tall are you? What positiom did you play in Basketball? I played point guard. Im only 5'7 so tall is not a word to describe me.
Well I'm 6'2" 1/2 last time I checked, probably 6'3" by now.. Anyway I played Forward.
Field hockey is easier when you're shorter =) Or, so I've heard. Something about being closer to the ground and not having to bend over as much. more balanced when dribbling, etc
Oh yea field hockey, only played it once,but it was hard. Never played it again, people have tired to make a league here but it failed. Is it popular where you live?
That's definitely true. I always had trouble with field hockey because of my height. Even the sticks were too short :darn That's probably why I ended up playing defense, even though in most other sports I've always played offense. I was too clumsy to be a forward :XD
Lol yea that was a big problem, or should I say little problem, dang stick I was hunched over so much I looked so dumb...
 

worm34

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
tennis is a hard stamina battle, i mean i know theres doubles, but u cant just pass the ball your team mate, then jog around slightly resting. plus theres no set time limit, so you could get trapped in one of those deuce/advantage games and watch your energy fly out the window.
@worm : just how good r u? i mean can u do like crazy slices, and 50/60mph serves. if you can play tennis for 11hrs straight you must be pretty special on the court.
Right now, I'm Junior Varsity. I'm trying to get better everyday and working hard at it. I'm not a very special player right now, but hopefully by the end of this summer I'll be better because I plan on practicing 9 hours a day during that time. I can slice with my forehand shots, but not by back hand shots. I can't do crazy slices or 50/60mph serves unfortunately nor can I last longer than 2 hours, but I'll keep working on making my stamina better.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Right now, I'm Junior Varsity. I'm trying to get better everyday and working hard at it. I'm not a very special player right now, but hopefully by the end of this summer I'll be better because I plan on practicing 9 hours a day during that time. I can slice with my forehand shots, but not by back hand shots. I can't do crazy slices or 50/60mph serves unfortunately nor can I last longer than 2 hours, but I'll keep working on making my stamina better.
Wow 9 hours, thats very dedicated ^^. I bet you will get better! It looks like you got some talent with stamina you'll be unstoppable. People dont play people that can serve over 65 miles an hour(Me), but when they can play agaisnt my serves then it gets intresting.

Stamina is very important so hope you do great :amuse
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top