Archived The Hang Out Thread v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm34

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So I'm guessing you're really good at tennis eh Zwivix
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Zwivix: It's becoming very popular here. And by here I mean northeast coast of USA. (Virginia up to Pennsylvania, at least, and other areas as well) It's a quickly growing sport =) Actually, the training center for the US Women's team (don't think there's a men's team...) is in a city near me.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
So I'm guessing you're really good at tennis eh Zwivix
I never say I'm really good at anything, I say that I'm good enough, until I play someone and they see me then I can say that I'm really good.

People have told me that I'm especially good at serving, thats my major weapon, I'm average at everything else. Thats why I like playing doubles, its easier for me :amuse.
Zwivix: It's becoming very popular here. And by here I mean northeast coast of USA. (Virginia up to Pennsylvania, at least, and other areas as well) It's a quickly growing sport =) Actually, the training center for the US Women's team (don't think there's a men's team...) is in a city near me.
Oh wow, I wonder why there isnt a men's team? Do they think that it isnt a manly enough team... What other sports might there be that are in the east coast that arent so popular in the west coast?

How's life on the other side of the country? Is it snowing?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh wow, I wonder why there isnt a men's team? Do they think that it isnt a manly enough team... What other sports might there be that are in the east coast that arent so popular in the west coast?

How's life on the other side of the country? Is it snowing?
Well, originally it was a European woman who brought field hockey to America, that's why it's mostly a woman's sport. Though, I have played on a co-ed adult team with guys. It's neat =)

I wish it were snowing =P The temp's been hovering between mid 40's and 60's (Fahrenheit, that is) so not nearly cold enough yet.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wish it were snowing =P The temp's been hovering between mid 40's and 60's (Fahrenheit, that is) so not nearly cold enough yet.
bite your tongue! it's 50s here today, spost ot get low 60s tomarrow, and for a city that is usaully covered in snow by now, and constantly getting slammed by lake effect, i'm liking it.

*looks at his list, then at the pic thread* okay guys, number three on the list just posted *crosses ichi out* yomiko, you still gotta post :p otherwise you guys are never gonna see anything from me :p
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
its cold as, uhm, not hell maybe, but its cold here. and its just gettin colder, n darker, depressing really :bored
 

gluttony

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
265
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
you're in sweden that is kind of normal isn't it?:D but really the weather is crazy, we're in november and i still have to wear a t-shirt because in the morning you can't stand the cold and during the afternoon you can't stand the hot! besides there is no rain! :( i like rain!!!
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Yeah to add to the damage im in gothenburg where it gets somewhat humid thus makin it a hell breathin.

gah.

gotta buy some timberlands or equivalents, sneakers wont cut it now >_>
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
bite your tongue! it's 50s here today, spost ot get low 60s tomarrow, and for a city that is usaully covered in snow by now, and constantly getting slammed by lake effect, i'm liking it.

*looks at his list, then at the pic thread* okay guys, number three on the list just posted *crosses ichi out* yomiko, you still gotta post :p otherwise you guys are never gonna see anything from me :p
=P We haven't had snow here in two years. And I HATE HATE HATE hot weather. My natural body temp is about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit lower than the avg person's, so hot weather feels even hotter for me than it does for other people.

post? what're ya'll posting? o.o I'm confused...
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
post? what're ya'll posting? o.o I'm confused...
i think he's referring to "the member pics thread"

the weather is really nice in ohio right now (60's, sunny). perfect weather if you ask me because the winter here sucks!
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
oh yeah...l i remember that... or rather, i remember you telling me not to hit on her :XD
did i? let me tell you again then :XD don't hit on her... :oh

rabb said:
yeah, that'd be me >_> a sakura adaption of an ichi adaption of a dizzy adaption of an old nickname of mine XD
that's too long :darn bunny~chan.... :oh
rabb said:
ya realize i asked so that she'd have something to say when she came back, right? :p
she can just say it again... :sweat.... :oh
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey Zwivx can you dunk routinely? I can touch a ten foot rim and dunk a 9 and 9 and a half. I have short arms and yall seen my height so im pretty proud of my vertical leap.
Speaking of weather its cold in the morning and it gets breezy in the afternoon. Really nice weather outside.
So lily are you getting used to Florida yet? Do you still miss your hometown?
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
FL is fun! so much more people with the same ethnicity as me! :XD inVT me and my sister were the only asians in entire school -_-; its nice to have more diversity... but,i miss VT too though. but that's my real hometown though. I came from the philippines but i go there every summer. that place i miss! :wtf
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cool. There is alot of diversity here in florida. How is it in the phillippines? What are the things to do and places to go?
 

cumulus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hi cumulus, welcome to the Hangout thread! :)

As far as I know, none of us are professional tennis players...I certainly am not :XD It is really annoying to have to run around picking up the balls all the time, I agree :darn But it's still a fun sport, hope you continue with it! And hope you stop by here once in a while too :amuse
:) Thanks.

Haha, yup. I'm gonna join (official) once I get my physical. I dunno, but is it true that your right arm (or whatever you use to play) gets bigger muscles than your left? My friend told me....
But, yeah, it's really fun. Even though we lost to a bunch of eight year olds. :oh Oh well, haha

Sai_the_Shaman is probably the closest we have to a "pro tennis player" here - he plays it all the time. XD

You can find him translating Prince of Tennis. ^^
I've watched Prince of Tennis before but I didn't know anything about tennis that time so I lost interest in the show:tem lol

do you mind if i ask what your handle means? i know that "cumulus" is latin for "heap" or "surplus", and that it is also a puffy cloud, so i was just wondering why you chose it...? :amuse

Wha--? I didn't even know cumulus was latin. I choice it for the clouds. lol. Yep, those big fluffy clouds -- cumulus is my favorite kind XD
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
:) Thanks.

Haha, yup. I'm gonna join (official) once I get my physical. I dunno, but is it true that your right arm (or whatever you use to play) gets bigger muscles than your left? My friend told me....
But, yeah, it's really fun. Even though we lost to a bunch of eight year olds. :oh Oh well, haha
I guess it is true, since you have a dominant arm, and you'll use your muscles in an unbalanced way, but I guess when you play alot, both your arms are musclear, so you it will almost be unnoticable by the naked eye. :p

(woot, first post on the general disc. thread :D )
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
hi absolutio! welcome~! :gigglebunny

welcome to cumulus too... :XD

Come come!!! have fun at the HO thread! :confetti

Cool. There is alot of diversity here in florida. How is it in the phillippines? What are the things to do and places to go?
well, you can shop alot! there's malls everywhere. i only stay there during the summer and that's when everyone is at school :p *i usually go to other countries for my family vaca on summer too :XD*
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
oh so you're from the philipines..
Sadly here in israel, most of the philipines are illegal imigrants (or w/e it's spelled) who work on cleaning people's houses. The legal ones are helping old people and limited people and does a great service to those community though.
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
yeah... :( that's true though there are a lot of illegals from philippines around the world. it gives bad image to those that aren't. Here in the US i think most of them are nurses? *i'm not sure*

but yeah, corrupted gov't they take all the money and -_-; you should've heard about the senator elections this year.... :s
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
the senator elections? didn't hear about it. What happend? O_o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top