Unlike what GK says, I LOVE his looks. He's got a very soft looking face and he knows how to work the camera. He's also got a sweet voice and he's a good actor, as far as stage acting goes. I haven't seen any of his movies.
He's also a good dancer, and from what I've read, a good friend. He likes basketball and he can get goofy and stuff at times, even though a lot of times he looks serious. He's good at keeping a straight face, even when there's a horribly funny scene and all the rest of the actors are laughing when they shouldn't.
His friend, Yanagi Kotarou, was in a car accident a little more than a year ago. Yanagi was the person who was supposed to play Echizen Ryoma in the Prince of Tennis Musicals... But after the car accident, he couldn't.
Endou, being Yanagi's good friend, took over the spot for him, and when Yanagi got better, gave the spot back. Yanagi couldn't move very well in one of the musicals (because of the accident... Yanagi broke his legs and other body parts -- i don't want to get into the gross details, but he was in a coma for... 4-6 months) so they arranged it so that they would both play the part of Echizen Ryoma: Yanagi sang, and Endou was Yanagi's replacement for any dance parts.
I think he's a good friend for doing things like that for someone. He likes what he does. ^^