Archived The Hang Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
kunai jutsu said:
"Question? Is ICO a sequel or prequel to the game "Shadow of Colossus"!"

Neither. Its made by the same team, thats all. If anyone is interested in E3 info I suggest the following pages:

- http://www.ign.com/e3/2006/
- http://www.gamespot.com/e3/index.html

E3 ended yesterday but these places offer free vids and images (albeit low quality for non paying subscribers, but still rather good) of all the games on the show floor. Personally I prefer the first of the two, IGN, as they have far more stable servers and faster download streams than Gamespot. Im a huge gamer myself as well, so if you have any questions regarding the PS3, Wii, or the Xbox 360, just PM me, :yondaime .



- EDIT: Regarding Windows, if your computer is running slowly and you know you dont have any trojans, spyware, or virus' affecting it, it could be due to what programs are automatically starting up with your windows and are running behind the scenes. My recommendation is to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and check out what processes are running on your computer. To identify them, you can use the following page:
- http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

This process also helps you identify if your antivirus, anti spyware programs are doing their job, as youll be able to recognize any virus or spyware currently haunting your computer, :amuse a 2 for 1 deal. Once you identify the programs running on your computer you can access their specific options and shut down their startup with windows, effectively decreasing your computers CPU usage, and increasing its speed. Also remember that some well known programs tend to add quite a bit of load to your CPU. A good example is AOL instant messenger, which not only uses up a good deal of CPU, but also takes up a wee bit of your bandwidth (although if your running 700 mb/sec DSL, cable, or higher, its probably a negligable amount).



- 2nd EDIT: Yep, more info. The truth about genuine Windows products is that if you dont buy an offical Windows product, and you connect to the internet, your gonna be getting that message about Genuine windows product all the time. I actually used to have this problem, but I ended up buying myself a real copy of Windows XP professional. Its possible their might be a hack for this, but I personally dont know about any. If you do buy a new windows product though, I highly recommend you buy it through ebay. When I bought mine the Windows Vistas delay had not been announced, so they were running for rather cheap (about $45), in anticipation of the new OS. But now that its been delayed, their running between $80 and $120 again.

Still, its cheaper than the $150 to $300 you would be paying for XP in any local electronics store. One last bit of advice; if you buy a geunine XP installation cd with key and everything (remember to check if it brings the key if you purchase it on ebay), I HIGHLY recommend you reformat your computer. Reinstalling a genuine windows OVER your pirated software will only serve to mask any problems within your computer's Hard Drives. My suggestion is to either move all the data that you do not want erased to a seperate Hard Drive or burn all of it to cd's or dvd's, then reformat your computer (and erase all of your current HD's contents while ur doing it). If you need help with reformatting, I suggest this page:
http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/installxp/installXP1.htm

Ive actually reformatted my computer using this guide so if you dont understand something, just PM me (if your reformatting that is)
 

KTFS

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
thanks for the help. That answers that work site helped me with something else. But all the same thanks. :thumbs
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Crimson said:
[size=10pt]
Neither. Its made by the same team, thats all.



Indeed, but I'm asking this question because at the end

The end of Shadow of Colossus, they show a Young baby with "Horns", <----- something up here?


-Fixed your spoiler since it was a Shadow of the Colossus ending give away ~Anax
 

KTFS

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
kunai jutsu said:
Indeed, but I'm asking this question because at the end

The end of Shadow of Colossus, they show a Young baby with "Horns", <----- something up here?



Crimson's right it's no prequal or sequal. There just made by the same company and that's why they have so much in common.
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
I think that...
Your character has two small horns during the ending sequence, horns that he didn't start the game with. I'm pretty definite that the little kid in the ending is actually your main character. In the extras however, in the gallery there's some images of a kid that looks pretty much like Ico, riding on a horse thast looks pretty much like Agro. Still, I wouldn't go as far as to say that the main char of SotC is Ico...

...and yes, the two worlds look alike, as if they are the same world, though there doesn't seem to be any connection between the characters of the stories. Hmm, I wouldn't say the same about the shadows though! I'm guessing it's the same world, with the same Gods, the same good and evil forces... just a guess though.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
i just wanna play it.. s.o.c i mean. does anyone know if it will be released on pc?
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I am not sure if it is going to be released on the PC or not. I tried playing it for the PS....but I could not get my horse to run in a straight line and then I got stepped on by a colossus.

I have not picked it up since.

x_x
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Anybody played Final Fantasy XI for the PC, what's it like?
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Tamerlane said:
I am not sure if it is going to be released on the PC or not. I tried playing it for the PS....but I could not get my horse to run in a straight line and then I got stepped on by a colossus.

I have not picked it up since.

x_x
yeah that sounds lika a total buzzkill...
 

Tamerlane

=D
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah getting stepped on and squashed tends to have that effect.

XD
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
I was nearly stepped on while on my horse during a fight and the horse fell so realistically I was too amazed to be concerned about my digital injuries! Though, to be honest I wouldn't call the game hard... I finished it in 16 hours when for example I never finished Devil May Cry and I don't recall beating Nemesis in RE:Nemesis even once. That is to say I'm not some l33t g4m3r, but still the game felt fairly easy. Anyhow, however easy, or small for that matter, the game is a wonderfull experience for those that can appreciate a landscape whether it be physical or digital :tem Also some of the colossi are simply astonishing! I was so sad when I had to kill the 5th Colossus
not sure it was the 5th, I'm talking about the bird in the lake... it's was a magnificent sight to watch it soar above the dark waters of the lake...
it was so beautiful :darn
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm really jazzed lately, so I hope nobody minds me kinda talking about what I've purchased lately.

1. Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop, due to come in Friday!

2. Gateway GT4016 Media Center PC - major upgrade over the compy I'm using right now, a cheap T2642 eMachines.

3. A 4-door 4x4 steel blue 2002 Jeep Liberty at a great deal, and it's practically brand new because its last owner never used it much, plus kept it in good shape because he actually worked for the car dealership place I got the jeep from. It's awesome and I just finally drove it around today after paying the insurance ( I had to wait all weekend because insurance was closed ). This is the one that really makes me smile a lot right now.

I also got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Kingdom Hearts 2. Woo!

kunai jutsu said:
Anybody played Final Fantasy XI for the PC, what's it like?
njt has, ask him about it sometimes.
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wow at the purchases, Firu! Bet you're counting the hours till that laptop arrives. :D And jeeps are love. I'm planning on a new vehicle next year and the mention of jeeps makes me want to start hunting. <s>Though, I'll probably wind up with a Honda.</s>
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
What Phil, my thread not good enough for you? :mad
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Forgive me Hermie, I forgot about that thread =P

I'll re-post there ^^
 

Crimson

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
122
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
kunai jutsu said:
Anybody played Final Fantasy XI for the PC, what's it like?

Its an incredible game, IF you have the enormous amount of time it requires of you to enjoy it (and the $13 a month fee). It just feels like work sometimes though, which = no fun. To give you an idea of how time consuming it is it takes about 3 days, or 72 hours, to get to level 10, and the fun (if you consider it fun) doesnt really start till your lvl 20 minimum (and take into account it takes longer as you level to gain your forthcoming levels).

Regarding Shadow, its, visually, a work of art. But gamplay wise, its an acquired taste. Personally I liked the original game by that publisher (ICO) a bit more, but to each their own, :amuse.
 

white silver

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
2,350
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Well it looks like I have to apply for my credit card!
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Harry potter #6 just came out in Japan (japanese version) talk about slow... eh~?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
o.O Wow... that's soo..late XD]

Is there any differences in the names, TayeTaye?
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Dragonzair said:
o.O Wow... that's soo..late XD]

Is there any differences in the names, TayeTaye?
not really they are just written in Japanese.... ハリーポッター stuff like that :p.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top