Two days ago I watched the movie "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey"... the cat was just loveable!! And the movie was great too, without the cat though it'd have been a lot less great
@GK --> I differ a lot from other Greek people and yet I'm still Greek in many ways. My Greek friends say I'm weird but an overall good guy, those who don't like me say I'm a wacko ("Poor people are wackos, rich people are eccentric"). Cats are, I guess, one of my obsessions that make me weird to some. For the record most Greek males (I say "males" becuase women refer to us as pigs, donkeys etc. [j/k]) I know don't like cats, in fact they try to kick 'em when they see them, which kinda makes me mad...
@Nytrogyn --> My mom has the same problem... It's one of the reason that I wouldn't get a cat after mine died, even if I wanted to.
@Eileen --> Let's see... why?
I) I've always lived near cats
II) Tabbies are like bonzai versions of tigers
III) They are so agile and so "classy"
IV) They can be pretty twisted in nature... have you seen a cat torture a mouse or other small animal?
V) They have beautiful eyes
VI) They assume all sorts of postures that make them so adorable
VII) They are so clean and...
VIII) Watching them clean themselves is so pleasing
IX) Different cats like different styles of play, yet they all are so much fun to play with
X) In Egypt they were supposed to be avatars of Bast and Egypt (along with Japan and China) has always been among my loves
XI) Cat faces are so adorable that I like taking pics of them and also use them as avatars (like this one I'm using now, found in Wikipedia and edit by Eileen )
XII) Cats are as clean as their food since they lick themselves, and also are highly independant
XIII) Cats are my weak point... I can't resists them and when walking home with friends, whenever we see a cat they all say in tandem: "Ok, goodbye Anax, we'll come pick you up from here tomorrow =) "
XIV) Ultimately none of the above reasons stand out individually... I'm just trying to think of logical reasons, but none really come to mind... I just sense the cats around me and my heartbeat changes when I look at them... It's a mystery I care not explain rather accept. In fact I feel glad that there is a thing in the world so easy to find that makes me so happy to simply look at
Sadly, a few days before leaving Kavala for the Holidays a kitty I was playing with tried to cross the road and got run over by a teenager with a girl in the car, a poser who was running on a road 6 feet wide, with a zebra crossing that didn't have a traffic light (i.e. people pass whenever they want) plus there was a crossroad there... It seemed like the cars wheels broke the kitty's ribs and squished its lungs... it took well over a minute for the kitty to stop shaking. I just sat there feeling worthless for being unable to do anything, silently cursing the poser who had to drive so fast in such a road...
@Martin --> It's a movie with actors and voice overs for the animals. The main character is a dog by the name Chance, voiced by Michael J. Fox and the loveable cat, Sassy, is voiced by Sally Field
w00t - so many infos about cats - I'm impressed, Anax!
I've got a cat as a pet if you can call it that. They surely have their own mind.
Here's a photo if you're interested.
and btw: what's really typical to be Greek?
It's difficult to label ppl only by their nationality, isn't it?
I couldn't even say what's typical for Greek. I'm German. I don't know what's typical for German either .
Miso you are both right and wrong, although individuals differ greatly there are some basic character traits that can be even called "national traits". For example Greeks cuss by calling the Gods names! Also, they generally enjoy good food with good company and a glass of wine They are generally outgoing and uni students are known to spend even all day at a café drinking Nes Café Frappé... Well, if I were a sociologist I might have said some more/less
Also, your cat is great and is sleeping like my dead cat used to sleep! Once I put a blanket on her and she seemingly held it with her paws!! She looked so human
Oh, yeah I do!!!!
1. Now I'm typing at skool!!!
2. Have you played NH3???I't kool and fun!!!!
3. I'm kinda bored ryt now...I'm kinda sick I only played computer (rushes to play Sonic Rush!!)
4. I have drawn Kakashi!!! Very nice IMO but I don't have a scanner T_T
5. I read One Piece till book 34, Death note vol.5, Bleach vol 15, oh, many things still
6. I love arnolds pizza shop!!! go check it at...www.funnyjunk.com/pages/arnie.htm
It's hell very funny "welcome to arnolds pizza shop" go die laughing there LOL