- Joined
- Oct 12, 2008
- Messages
- 3,322
- Reaction score
- 889
- Age
- 37
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
any chances coming soon????
) so I'll just post here 
I joined a few tournaments, but I tend to only make it to the semis or quarters really. As long as he's having fun that's cool, I'm not too sure what Provincial Games are.Ooo tennis again!
My brother did the Provincial Games a few times. Never won them obviously, but he gets past a few rounds so that's fun ^_^
Mind you, his friend is the 8th seed in Quebec of the 18-25 year old category, but he's not allowed in the games since he alreayd has a high seed position.



A mixture of two things, I do not have a consistent enough game and the fact that other players take advantage of that, now mind you, I'm capable of finishing off points when I need to. I just play an offensive game with no defense and that's what kills me.Why do you lose worm???? the other guys are just so good they blind you????
So I've wondered is the goalie position tricky, do have to have quick reactions, correct position, or a mixture of both?I play the goalie when we play hockey sometimes lol
Sooo yeah![]()
nothing beats playing the goalkeeper... or the goalie... in HANDballI play the goalie when we play hockey sometimes lol
Sooo yeah![]()

I feel no pain! 
It's a shame I'm not too much of a net player, I dread the net. I try to play it and mistake after mistake after mistake and it drives me crazy so I try my best to force my opponent to stay in the back.Well consistency is hard to achieve in tennis, even for advanced players. That's why if you notice your opponent has more consistency than you, you try to end points fast so that you're not forced into a match of "who can hold a rally longest".
If you have a good enough offense you can slack the defense a bit and still pull off. My dad has a mostly offensive game and since he's older than my brother, he has less stamina(usually he gets tired after an hour or two) so he tends to go to the net and end points fast so he's not forced into that situation.
If you know your own weaknesses, you can work on them. It's not just your opponent who can do that >.> Try and mix your pros and cons basically to get a style which hides your weaknesses and exploits your strengths.
At the level you're at, I'm pretty sure you don't have to stick t long baseline rallies. In fact, it'd prove more a waste of energy if anything at lower levels if you can't keep it up.
Thing is, once you get over those fears, it's not that bad a thing I've been told(having 2 net players in my family telling me this at least). Since you're a one-handed backhand player, the net should be more natural to you than a 2-handed(who needs to change his grip if he wants to volley). When I played with my brother, I realized that net playing is kinda like pong, just place your racket at the right angle and if the ball has enough force, it should go in the right direction twice as fast as it came(easiest thing is to aim downwards I found lol
). You don't need to add in anything to the ball unless you want some special effect.
Is your forward or backhand drive the strongest between your strokes?