Games The Hardcore Gamer Thread

Hachirō Oka

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
6
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
........................................
 
Last edited:

Belisar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
506
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
i played Modern Warfare on hard through. ^^

if you want a challenge, than try Street Fighter 4 on super hard, Tekken 4 on ultimate hard or Metal Gear Solid 2 on european extreme.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
ooh hardcore videogame thread!
i once completed zelda while being naked...urr.. i mean..

meh, I don't think I've done anything that can really be classified as hardcore. Played H3, GoW on hardest diff. beaten SSBB on hardest with yoshi \o/ and hmm.. got me all heart pieces in zelda majoras mask \o/
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
me not that Hard core, but love games, latest game i finished was Uncharted2, oh and played Halo series in heroic, and halo 3 in legendary.
waiting for GOW 3 to hit our local market
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I beat Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja difficulty

yeah, I'm really that hardcore. I've also beaten all difficulties in DMC3 and 4. Otherwise I've kinda toned down my hardcoreness these days. Don't really have the patience to grind anymore :(
 

JoshuaGaler

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 28, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Right now I am playing Final Fantasy. One of my favorite game is CS with computer. I completed the whole game difficulty level. The last one is really though one specially for the final stage.
 

steelwingcrash1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
554
Reaction score
111
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I've beaten Resident Evil games with the very hard mode. But I don't know whether you can classify this one as hard core. :p
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Played through Mass Effect 2 on hardest difficulty these days.
Despite ME2 having a lot of different difficulty levels, the hardest one still was a piece of cake - Sadly!

Before that, the latest single player I played through probably was Starcraft 2 on Brutal. It was really easy though, I had previously already played some hundred multiplayer matches on the beta so I was well prepared.
-> Gives a nice avatar for the game account and noobs get a funny look on their face when they see it :D
(Especially when they check the date of the achievement, I got it three or four days after release of SC2 - these days obviously more people got it, I'm certain there are a lot of walktroughs and stuff on the internet)
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not sure if it counts but i've beaten X-Com on superhuman.

I've been told by quite a few people that they thought doing that was straight up impossible. I can testify that it is not.....but it's REALLY hard and it takes a REALLY long time.
 

cracker

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
2,504
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol since when did hardcore gamer mean people who played games on the highest difficulties?

I thought it meant people who just played alot of games and were usually devoted to those games, much more so than say a casual gamer. Casual gamers can beat GOW on God mode, Titan mode and Chaos mode too...
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well, Hardcore Gamer, can mean two things:

1. Dedication: you love gaming, and constantly play games, and possibly even play competitively too. You play games as like its your "job/carreer", or a serious "hobby".

2. Ability/Pro: You're extremely good at games, beating the hardest games with ease, doing extreme challenges within games, and etc..

-----------------------

if you guys remember the old school, The Legend of Zelda (1) for the NES, game, then you should try a fan-made version of it, which is much much harder, The Legend of Zelda (1): Outlands.

(finding all the new locations, stuff, dungeons, and etc, is quite a challenge if you don't cheat and look up on it, and you really shouldn't as it ruins the entire purpose and huge amount of fun of it)
 
Last edited:
Top