The HipHop Thread

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Blai's reviews (Hip-Hop)

WOW, that beat is dope!!! I like the tune as well!
 

Sema

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
172
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

I really like Y Society's work :thumbs

This tune is dope!!! :music :cool: :XD
 

Sema

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
172
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

I really like Y Society's work :thumbs

This tune is dope!!! :music :cool: :XD
I also listen to Y Society. Damu's beats are outside this world. Travel At Your Own Pace is one the best albums I have heard. I heard in an interview that they were supposed to be release an album in the year 2009 but they decided to scrap it. Hopefully there will be a Y Society album this year.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Anyone checked out Snoop Dogg's, Timbaland's (well actually not a rap album) or Wayne's (neither that one :sweatdrop) already?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

I've been listening to Shock Value 2 more recently...its alright. Symphony is my favourite track.:thumbs..Brandy/Brand'Nu really did a good job with her rapping :amuse

I need to check out Malice n Wonderland...:shakefist

Rebirth comes out in Feb I think...
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

timbaland is shit, not 'the' shit just plain shit, feces, crap, poo, excrements. :yelling

good producers include but are not limited to: snowgoons, chum the skrilla guerilla, stoupe the enemy of mankind, dj large, embee, dr. dre and masse.

fuck timbaland!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

^ :eek How can you forget the Alchemist??? :blink One of my favourite producers! :cool: Chemical Warfare :noworry was the shit! :amuse

Yea, I agree iPirate - Timbo has fallen and most of his music nowadays is shit. I preferred his work from the 90's tbh.

I just had a quick listen to Malice n Wonderland and tbh I didn't really like it. 'Secrets' was an alright tune (glad to see BattleCat still producing smooth west coast tunes), Gangsta Love is a typical 'fun-like' song for the charts and I dig it a bit (but becomes very dull after a couple of plays)..I don't know.. I might come back and give it a try again in a couple weeks or so.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Hmm I did not like Malice'n'Wonderland either. It kinda was too monotone for me. Too oldschool-ish and I dunno.. I not like the feature songs either. Special was quite ok though. He definitely should work more often with Pharrell, cuz the collabo songs are usually great.

Timbo's was not that bad actually.. there surely are some nice tracks.. but all in all it's shit, I agree. I can't be doing with the voice mixer, it just totally suck. Also she should not even try singing Rnb/Pop or whatever it was supposed to be -_-; ..hate the most beats,.. just too electronic/trash-poppy/w/e.. The songs are all (!) way (!) too long, it's no fun at all.

Some songs are did enjoy tho' were;
Lose Control - I was quite surprised, but Jojo die a really nice job. Nice pop song!
Long Way Down - less Timboparts would be better though
Undertow - great mid-tempo song, no voice mixer, no annoying-electro beats, Esthero got a nice voice, but also here too much Timbo
The One I Love - well yeah :rolleyes: Keri Hilson :rolleyes: guess it's for the fans of the first Shock Value.. I'd like to have some more songs with her on the second part though..

the rest annoys me. I kinda liked If We Ever Meet Again and We Belong To The Music aswell.. but after listening to em few times they started freakin me out. :oh

As for Wayne.. it leaked out a month ago already, but well.. it was said it is supposed to be a Rock album or whatever.. but IMO adding in a few e-guitar parts does not make crappy rapper to rockstars :facepalm

There's a song I adore though.. Drop The World (feat. Eminem)
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

:nuts Yeah I know TrioStar!!!!!! :nuts That Drop The World song is fricking awesome. I always play that shit LOOOOUD!!!!! :cool:
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Holy FUCK Drop the World is awesome. Found it HQ on spotify. This is one of the few good new songs I've heard in a loooooong time. This might bring me back, both to the gym and the hip-hop world
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Hah.. I already told you last month, but you were like 'omg no Im so into Kate Bush, Aqualung, leave me alone' (lololol) :D

It's the 5th single from Rebirth btw (after Prom Queen, Hot Revolver, On Fire, Da Da Da (?)). However this is the best track for me, though Prom Queen is not that bad either.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Nooo, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww that's autotune and shit. Makes me puke! Get it away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, It's sooo All-American Rejects, Boys Like Girls and All Time Low. Aqualung was soo -09
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

It's the 5th single from Rebirth btw (after Prom Queen, Hot Revolver, On Fire, Da Da Da (?)). However this is the best track for me, though Prom Queen is not that bad either.
Lil' Wayne = FAIL He makes my ears hurt ;)
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

agreed one of the most overrated characters in hiphop today.

nah ill stick with the babygrande label and stuff like that :nod

like this
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

That's an alright joint iPirate ^^

I love Fashawn's recent joints :thumbs check this out and this :thumbs

One of my favourite Evidence tunes is The Far Left :nuts :cool: :nuts
 
Last edited:

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

not bad at all :D *goes to dl the album*

some older artists newer and older stuff that you probably heard before but in case you or someone else havent:

CunninLynguists - Never Come Down (The Brownie Song)
CunninLynguists - K.K.K.Y.
CunninLynguists feat. Tonedeff - The Gates
Tonedeff - Move In, Ride Out
Tonedeff - Champions
Apathy - it takes a seven nation army...
Celph Titled ft. Apathy - Shhhh!
Apathy & Celph Titled - Save The Day
Apathy feat. Blue Raspberry - The Winter

man i can go on, this is just a fragment :kukuku
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

agreed one of the most overrated characters in hiphop today.
Mmmh.. I disagree.
He's pretty much a 'one-hit wonder' and everyone knows it. Nobody expect him to be any good for more.

At least from that what I have heard so far :rolleyes:
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

yeah, i guess thats true didnt see it quite like that. :headscratch

ah well he still sucks one hit or not. :pleased
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Hip Hop/Rap fans here?

Anyone checked out Crooked I's new tune...Mr. Pigface??? :blink

Sh*t is dope!!! :cool:
 
Top