Discussion - The Holy war | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Holy war

Who started the war?

• The demon clan

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • The Goddess clan

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Humans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
With the latest chapter we now have more info about what started the Holy war 3000 years ago.
Apparently the 5 races were fighting over the magical power that was overflowing in the world back then. But now this power is stored in the plants, animals and humans as well.
So with that in mind it doesn't seem like the demons are really the one to blame, since all the races were interested in that power. So the remaining 4 races decided to turn on the demons and seal them, prolly because they were superior.That is if we can trust the account made by the demons.
Do you think that the demons are really the ones to blame? I mean yeah sure they want to exterminate humans for some obscure reason, but are they the ones who sought the power first? What about the Goddesses? Right now it appears that their power is also depleted. Maybe they're the ones who started the war?And it would fit if it turns out they're the final villain.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Incognitop

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I kinda have this feeling that tensions were very high between all the clans, so maybe one of the clans framed another to incite a war?
Perhaps the Goddesses framed a demon for some crime, and persuaded the other clans to join in the war against them?

overlordpringerx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
i don't really know if you can say that only ONE race started the war. It should at least be 2 races that started the war at the same time, or else the first one could have just said MINE and snatched it away. Seeing how demons are semi-parasatic I wouldn't be surprised if they desired that power more, and the other races decided to band together to use the magic they were originally fighting for to seal the demons and then disperse the magic power to prevent more wars and live in peace.

lightningsha

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really can't decide. It might still be too typical to go for the 'goddess clan were the bad guys all along' route. I'd like to believe there were conspirators of every or at least more than 2 clans involved...meaning those that are conspiring with or against each other to incite the war they wanted were essentially betraying the bulk of their respective clans. These 'puppet masters' being typically those of higher ranks such as a few of the Commandments, a dash of the Goddess (12 Apostles?), a Giant Clan leader or Fairy King/Queen, etc. This would be more interesting for me in that it wouldn't propose any particular race is utterly evil, but a few corrupted individuals among them.

With the recent chapter, we now got a big piece of the puzzle that is the mystery behind the holy war (although we still need a few more to put anything tangible together). I've always wondered what exactly they fought over. Land and racism seemed a bit of a secondary gain for these beings to engage in such a big war. Now we know the main resource is magic power. I was worried that all this magic might was being created out of nothing but it appears its constantly being turned over which is reassuring for anyone who cares about the Law of Conservation.

Also something happened at the end of the war where the clans did not get their share of magic and instead the magic was distributed back into nature, becoming relatively inaccessible. Did they all agree on this or did something unexpected happen? If the latter I definitely suspect Mel and a Liz incarnation were involved. I can see fairies and druids being okay with this aftermath but not so much for say the goddesses. They lost so much power that they can't manifest physically in this world despite them being the winners of the war over magic? Something fishy is up.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I kinda have this feeling that tensions were very high between all the clans, so maybe one of the clans framed another to incite a war?
Perhaps the Goddesses framed a demon for some crime, and persuaded the other clans to join in the war against them?
Well the way I see it is that the demons were so powerful to begin with that the other clans decided to unite against them. So it looks like all 4 remaining clans "betrayed" the demons. After they sealed them they apparently lost a lot of their power, the Goddesses in particular. Oddly enough those who can be considered as the ones who gained the most are the humans, and nature and by extension the fairies. Humans prosper and it seems they naturally acquired that magical power, or bits of it.

i don't really know if you can say that only ONE race started the war. It should at least be 2 races that started the war at the same time, or else the first one could have just said MINE and snatched it away. Seeing how demons are semi-parasatic I wouldn't be surprised if they desired that power more, and the other races decided to band together to use the magic they were originally fighting for to seal the demons and then disperse the magic power to prevent more wars and live in peace.
It doesn't seem like the other clans dispersed the power willingly, the Goddesses in particular are rather weakened after the war with the demons, so they would have needed that power to recover, so it's like shooting their own foot. I'm more curious about why the demons decided to seek that power in the first place, since they are so powerful to begin with, and it needed 4 other clans to seal them.

I really can't decide. It might still be too typical to go for the 'goddess clan were the bad guys all along' route. I'd like to believe there were conspirators of every or at least more than 2 clans involved...meaning those that are conspiring with or against each other to incite the war they wanted were essentially betraying the bulk of their respective clans. These 'puppet masters' being typically those of higher ranks such as a few of the Commandments, a dash of the Goddess (12 Apostles?), a Giant Clan leader or Fairy King/Queen, etc. This would be more interesting for me in that it wouldn't propose any particular race is utterly evil, but a few corrupted individuals among them.

With the recent chapter, we now got a big piece of the puzzle that is the mystery behind the holy war (although we still need a few more to put anything tangible together). I've always wondered what exactly they fought over. Land and racism seemed a bit of a secondary gain for these beings to engage in such a big war. Now we know the main resource is magic power. I was worried that all this magic might was being created out of nothing but it appears its constantly being turned over which is reassuring for anyone who cares about the Law of Conservation.

Also something happened at the end of the war where the clans did not get their share of magic and instead the magic was distributed back into nature, becoming relatively inaccessible. Did they all agree on this or did something unexpected happen? If the latter I definitely suspect Mel and a Liz incarnation were involved. I can see fairies and druids being okay with this aftermath but not so much for say the goddesses. They lost so much power that they can't manifest physically in this world despite them being the winners of the war over magic? Something fishy is up.
It is said that all the clans were after that power, so we can be sure that there were conspirors in all the clans, however I have a feeling that the higher ups of the demons and the Goddesses are the ones who conspired the most, and maybe the other clans were forced into that war. In particular the demon king seems to have given the ten commandments special abilities, so at some point I believe the demon king played an active role in all this. Same for the Goddesses and whoever is their leader.
However I can't help but find it ironic that the two most powerful clans in theory ended up losing so much, so maybe they aren't the ones who started it and they were manipulated by someone else, namely the humans who could be considered the ones who managed to profit the most from this situation. It's just a speculation at this point, but I can't help but find it odd that humans have that magical power in them, as well as the demons being hell bent on exterminating them. They're not even worried about the Goddesses who should be their main enemy.

Also this might be a little obvious, but the Sacred tree could have a lot of that magical power as well. So I can see this as a proof that the fairies also profited from the war after that power got dispersed, prolly unwillingly.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well the way I see it is that the demons were so powerful to begin with that the other clans decided to unite against them. So it looks like all 4 remaining clans "betrayed" the demons. After they sealed them they apparently lost a lot of their power, the Goddesses in particular. Oddly enough those who can be considered as the ones who gained the most are the humans, and nature and by extension the fairies. Humans prosper and it seems they naturally acquired that magical power, or bits of it.

It doesn't seem like the other clans dispersed the power willingly, the Goddesses in particular are rather weakened after the war with the demons, so they would have needed that power to recover, so it's like shooting their own foot. I'm more curious about why the demons decided to seek that power in the first place, since they are so powerful to begin with, and it needed 4 other clans to seal them.

It is said that all the clans were after that power, so we can be sure that there were conspirors in all the clans, however I have a feeling that the higher ups of the demons and the Goddesses are the ones who conspired the most, and maybe the other clans were forced into that war. In particular the demon king seems to have given the ten commandments special abilities, so at some point I believe the demon king played an active role in all this. Same for the Goddesses and whoever is their leader.
However I can't help but find it ironic that the two most powerful clans in theory ended up losing so much, so maybe they aren't the ones who started it and they were manipulated by someone else, namely the humans who could be considered the ones who managed to profit the most from this situation. It's just a speculation at this point, but I can't help but find it odd that humans have that magical power in them, as well as the demons being hell bent on exterminating them. They're not even worried about the Goddesses who should be their main enemy.

Also this might be a little obvious, but the Sacred tree could have a lot of that magical power as well. So I can see this as a proof that the fairies also profited from the war after that power got dispersed, prolly unwillingly.
I am not sure other races actually profited from the whole thing. As far as we know every clan but the human one has been diminished in power and influence since the war. Even fairies seem to be less than what they were in terms of power and numbers. Even in fraudrin's explanation it seems like the magic has been distributed among humans and animals, fairies or "nature" did not really come up here.

I am thinking that perhaps the abilities the demon king gave to the commandments would perhaps be given similarly to how reactors got their powers. Blood seems to be a big deal amongst demons so far. We know their blood can transfer their powers to others thanks to reactors and ashen hendrickson. Its also relevant that fraudrin was able to basically revive hendrickson by giving him blood although in that case hendrickson did not get a further powerup. Anyways, given that demon blood has inherent qualities others can exploit it would not be weird that the commandments gained further special abilities by drinking the blood of the demon king. Interestingly perhaps this also means that each commandment has 2 abilities so to speak. The ones which are inherent to them and would be equivalents to full counter and whatnot and the ones they got from the king. Unless demons don't have their own abilities... But then again meliodas does seem to have an innate ability. Unless meliodas also was a commandment and he got his ability from the demon king. It would actually fit with the budist commandment of not destroying life... As in the "life" of the commandments, anyone who attempts to take his life shall have his power returned multiplefold or something.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I am not sure other races actually profited from the whole thing. As far as we know every clan but the human one has been diminished in power and influence since the war. Even fairies seem to be less than what they were in terms of power and numbers. Even in fraudrin's explanation it seems like the magic has been distributed among humans and animals, fairies or "nature" did not really come up here.

I am thinking that perhaps the abilities the demon king gave to the commandments would perhaps be given similarly to how reactors got their powers. Blood seems to be a big deal amongst demons so far. We know their blood can transfer their powers to others thanks to reactors and ashen hendrickson. Its also relevant that fraudrin was able to basically revive hendrickson by giving him blood although in that case hendrickson did not get a further powerup. Anyways, given that demon blood has inherent qualities others can exploit it would not be weird that the commandments gained further special abilities by drinking the blood of the demon king. Interestingly perhaps this also means that each commandment has 2 abilities so to speak. The ones which are inherent to them and would be equivalents to full counter and whatnot and the ones they got from the king. Unless demons don't have their own abilities... But then again meliodas does seem to have an innate ability. Unless meliodas also was a commandment and he got his ability from the demon king. It would actually fit with the budist commandment of not destroying life... As in the "life" of the commandments, anyone who attempts to take his life shall have his power returned multiplefold or something.
That's not really what we're discussing.What I meant is that the demon king as the head of the demon clan is prolly the one who decided to seek the magical power, and he might have given those abilities to the ten commandments for that purpose.Like you said a commandment is something you follow, so having an ability related to lying that turns your enemies to stone is quite useful.And even the commandments themselves are "righteous". So we could say that the demons have some sort of code of honor, like you shall not kill etc, when normally they should be the villains, so they have no need for such a code of honor. I think it is implied that Mel knew the ten commandments, who knows maybe he was a faithful soldier of the demon king, if he's not outright his son. So we have the ten commandments+Mel who may or may not have been a member of the commandments.
When you say the fairies didn't profit from the war I disagree.The sacred tree itself and the forest have been relatively guarded well, and you have King who can be considered as one of the most powerful magical creatures. Just look how deadly Chastiefol's true form is, now imagine if he could use the whole of the sacred tree like that. And then there's the fountain of youth, who we know nothing about and it was used to keep the forest alive and growing all those years.I suspect the fountain is related to the long lost magical power, because think about it, it grants immortality, and the red demon was also interested in it. He torched the forest to get his hands on it.The demons aren't immortal as far as we know so they should be interested in it, so what if the fountain or what remains of it is related to the magical power?
To me it looks like the fairies benefited from the war, the only ones who seem to be really losing are the demons, the Goddesses and the giants whom we know nothing about.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That's not really what we're discussing.What I meant is that the demon king as the head of the demon clan is prolly the one who decided to seek the magical power, and he might have given those abilities to the ten commandments for that purpose.Like you said a commandment is something you follow, so having an ability related to lying that turns your enemies to stone is quite useful.And even the commandments themselves are "righteous". So we could say that the demons have some sort of code of honor, like you shall not kill etc, when normally they should be the villains, so they have no need for such a code of honor. I think it is implied that Mel knew the ten commandments, who knows maybe he was a faithful soldier of the demon king, if he's not outright his son. So we have the ten commandments+Mel who may or may not have been a member of the commandments.
When you say the fairies didn't profit from the war I disagree.The sacred tree itself and the forest have been relatively guarded well, and you have King who can be considered as one of the most powerful magical creatures. Just look how deadly Chastiefol's true form is, now imagine if he could use the whole of the sacred tree like that. And then there's the fountain of youth, who we know nothing about and it was used to keep the forest alive and growing all those years.I suspect the fountain is related to the long lost magical power, because think about it, it grants immortality, and the red demon was also interested in it. He torched the forest to get his hands on it.The demons aren't immortal as far as we know so they should be interested in it, so what if the fountain or what remains of it is related to the magical power?
To me it looks like the fairies benefited from the war, the only ones who seem to be really losing are the demons, the Goddesses and the giants whom we know nothing about.
I am not sure a code of honor really works here... The commandments are meant to stand in direct contrast to the sins. So the sins sort of wear their sins as pennance and they usually got them trying to do some greater good (meliodas trying to save danafor, king trying to save his friend and accidentally forgetting about it, ban just accidentally being there when the demon attacked...). Their sins are basically regrets, their crimes were failures at being spectacularly awesome.. So to contrast that it would make more sense that the commandments wield their commandments maliciously so to speak. There is no justice or morality behind any of the commandments just as there is no actual crime behind any of the sins (so far). So galan turns people who lie in front of him into stone... regardless of the magnitude of the lie and maybe who was even lied to. Its a blind, cruel, innately vengeful and twisted "justice" at best. There are commandments to not kill but in turn that guy can probably kill you.

Isn't the sacred tree in another world though? If its in another world altogether then there shouldn't be any need for the magical power in the human world. The tree at the fairy king's forest might make use of that magic though. But even then, the fairy's power comes from the sacred tree and their ability to draw power from it. The fountain of youth might as well come from the other world too. It would be interesting if the demons target the sacred tree itself for its power eventually.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I am not sure a code of honor really works here... The commandments are meant to stand in direct contrast to the sins. So the sins sort of wear their sins as pennance and they usually got them trying to do some greater good (meliodas trying to save danafor, king trying to save his friend and accidentally forgetting about it, ban just accidentally being there when the demon attacked...). Their sins are basically regrets, their crimes were failures at being spectacularly awesome.. So to contrast that it would make more sense that the commandments wield their commandments maliciously so to speak. There is no justice or morality behind any of the commandments just as there is no actual crime behind any of the sins (so far). So galan turns people who lie in front of him into stone... regardless of the magnitude of the lie and maybe who was even lied to. Its a blind, cruel, innately vengeful and twisted "justice" at best. There are commandments to not kill but in turn that guy can probably kill you.

Isn't the sacred tree in another world though? If its in another world altogether then there shouldn't be any need for the magical power in the human world. The tree at the fairy king's forest might make use of that magic though. But even then, the fairy's power comes from the sacred tree and their ability to draw power from it. The fountain of youth might as well come from the other world too. It would be interesting if the demons target the sacred tree itself for its power eventually.
As far as we know there is one world where all the races lived apparently, even the demons before they were sealed in the coffin. The fairy's king forest is guarded by a barrier, and only allows people with good intentions of entering it or something. Plus it wouldn't make much sense for there to be a war between all the races if there was more than one world.At best there are layers kinda like in Berserk, with the spiritual beings like the Goddesses living in a different layer than the humans, but they all end up sharing the same world.
Other than the soul stealing, which could be related to the magical power that is lost, we haven't seen the ten commandments do something really evil yet, with lots of blood and guts etc. So who knows? Maybe some of them aren't that bad, like Zeldris and even Fraudrin who apparently cares enough about his host and about Hendi. For most of the manga we were lead to believe that the demons were the bad guys, but now we learn that everyone was seeking the magical power and it apparently started a war. I just think it's too convenient to blame the demons for it when apparently everyone wanted that power, and history is written by the winners so the Goddesses etc could have said whatever they wanted. Plus the Goddesses aren't exactly good, they asked Ban to kill Mel, his "best friend". That's not what you would expect from so called Goddesses.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As far as we know there is one world where all the races lived apparently, even the demons before they were sealed in the coffin. The fairy's king forest is guarded by a barrier, and only allows people with good intentions of entering it or something. Plus it wouldn't make much sense for there to be a war between all the races if there was more than one world.At best there are layers kinda like in Berserk, with the spiritual beings like the Goddesses living in a different layer than the humans, but they all end up sharing the same world.
Other than the soul stealing, which could be related to the magical power that is lost, we haven't seen the ten commandments do something really evil yet, with lots of blood and guts etc. So who knows? Maybe some of them aren't that bad, like Zeldris and even Fraudrin who apparently cares enough about his host and about Hendi. For most of the manga we were lead to believe that the demons were the bad guys, but now we learn that everyone was seeking the magical power and it apparently started a war. I just think it's too convenient to blame the demons for it when apparently everyone wanted that power, and history is written by the winners so the Goddesses etc could have said whatever they wanted. Plus the Goddesses aren't exactly good, they asked Ban to kill Mel, his "best friend". That's not what you would expect from so called Goddesses.
The manga has referenced the fairy world a number of times though, I don't think there is a reason for us to doubt it exists as a separate place. If the sacred tree existed in this world it wouldn't make sense for the fairies to not live near it.

Well, most of what we have seen seems blatantly evil. I mean, look at galan. The guy went to camelot and half trash it literally for no reason whatsoever. I could buy him being the random lunatic in the group however this chapter has shown the demons effectively exterminating humans as if they were vermin. Not a single one of the commandments so much as flinched at the idea of exterminating humans. Which pretty much means the lot of them thought exterminating them from the start was a given. They might not be assholes towards each others but they are definitely enemies of just about literally everything else. The goddess clan might not be any better but that only means they are evil assholes too. As for the other races, I doubt anyone from the war remains to this day so their evilness would be a non issue. As far as the fairies, giants and humans go, not a single one has in any form, degree or context responsibility for the war. Even if those 3 clans had been responsible for the war at the time its a non issue right now. Also worth noting, I was not blaming the demons. I am just making the point that in context they are meant to be opposite to the sins. And this chapter the lot of them proved to be objectively evil assholes regardless of the circumstances. Unless the two birds that were discussed in the last chapter don't make them objectively evil....

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The manga has referenced the fairy world a number of times though, I don't think there is a reason for us to doubt it exists as a separate place. If the sacred tree existed in this world it wouldn't make sense for the fairies to not live near it.

Well, most of what we have seen seems blatantly evil. I mean, look at galan. The guy went to camelot and half trash it literally for no reason whatsoever. I could buy him being the random lunatic in the group however this chapter has shown the demons effectively exterminating humans as if they were vermin. Not a single one of the commandments so much as flinched at the idea of exterminating humans. Which pretty much means the lot of them thought exterminating them from the start was a given. They might not be assholes towards each others but they are definitely enemies of just about literally everything else. The goddess clan might not be any better but that only means they are evil assholes too. As for the other races, I doubt anyone from the war remains to this day so their evilness would be a non issue. As far as the fairies, giants and humans go, not a single one has in any form, degree or context responsibility for the war. Even if those 3 clans had been responsible for the war at the time its a non issue right now. Also worth noting, I was not blaming the demons. I am just making the point that in context they are meant to be opposite to the sins. And this chapter the lot of them proved to be objectively evil assholes regardless of the circumstances. Unless the two birds that were discussed in the last chapter don't make them objectively evil....
Again we know so little about the war from 3000 years ago to really judge. I think all the races have a part of responsabilty, even the humans and fairies, and don't forget that humans and fairies used to fight each other in the past, so they're not that innocent either. The fact that the power existed and everyone was hungry for that power, even the fairies and the humans. So I don't see how the demons wanting that power as well would make them the villains.
I said some of them, clearly Galan is more orthodox in the rest, but Zeldris for example has shown he's lenient, and I believe there's a strong chance he's like Mel, just that he's not ready to betray his own kind. I feel we don't really know why the demons are bent on exterminating the humans, it seems that that goal was originally separate from the soul feeding, so there's definitely more to it than just wanting to get rid of insects. Right now the demons are way more powerful than the humans and fairies put together, so why would they bother with the pesky humans in the first place? They're not really a threat so there has to be more to it than just the demons being dicks and wanting to conquer the world. Maybe the humans backstabbed them in the past? But yeah I guess the demons aren't angels, they have some pretty dark stuff going on, but it seems to me there is a reason for that.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Again we know so little about the war from 3000 years ago to really judge. I think all the races have a part of responsabilty, even the humans and fairies, and don't forget that humans and fairies used to fight each other in the past, so they're not that innocent either. The fact that the power existed and everyone was hungry for that power, even the fairies and the humans. So I don't see how the demons wanting that power as well would make them the villains.
I said some of them, clearly Galan is more orthodox in the rest, but Zeldris for example has shown he's lenient, and I believe there's a strong chance he's like Mel, just that he's not ready to betray his own kind. I feel we don't really know why the demons are bent on exterminating the humans, it seems that that goal was originally separate from the soul feeding, so there's definitely more to it than just wanting to get rid of insects. Right now the demons are way more powerful than the humans and fairies put together, so why would they bother with the pesky humans in the first place? They're not really a threat so there has to be more to it than just the demons being dicks and wanting to conquer the world. Maybe the humans backstabbed them in the past? But yeah I guess the demons aren't angels, they have some pretty dark stuff going on, but it seems to me there is a reason for that.
I am not saying the demons are objectively evil assholes because of their role in the war. I am saying they are objectively evil because not a single one of the ten commandments flinched at the thought of exterminating people. For the lot of them exterminating the humans from britania was a given. I don't think the reason for them to want to exterminate humans is that important either... I mean, why? Is there a good reason to exterminate them? For arguments sake, lets assume a bunch of humans raped the sisters of the commandments during the war and also said really mean "yo mama" jokes. I would make the point that that still does not justify what we are seeing. I guess their resentment would be understandable but it still wouldn't be justified in the least. And even then, its not like the commandments resent or otherwise hate humans.... They don't seem to mind them all that much. One of them ever referred to humans as things. The issue seems to be the demons thinking nothing of humans at all. Which is in itself evil.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I am not saying the demons are objectively evil assholes because of their role in the war. I am saying they are objectively evil because not a single one of the ten commandments flinched at the thought of exterminating people. For the lot of them exterminating the humans from britania was a given. I don't think the reason for them to want to exterminate humans is that important either... I mean, why? Is there a good reason to exterminate them? For arguments sake, lets assume a bunch of humans raped the sisters of the commandments during the war and also said really mean "yo mama" jokes. I would make the point that that still does not justify what we are seeing. I guess their resentment would be understandable but it still wouldn't be justified in the least. And even then, its not like the commandments resent or otherwise hate humans.... They don't seem to mind them all that much. One of them ever referred to humans as things. The issue seems to be the demons thinking nothing of humans at all. Which is in itself evil.
But the Sins also exterminated the vampire clan apparently, so does that make them evil? The whole issue I have with them wanting to exterminate humans is that it's hardly necessary, since they're not much of a threat. As for it being evil, I don't know, I guess It would also be evil if let's say the humans wanted to exterminate the fairies, so it's not like it could be exclusive to the demons, as if it was part of their nature.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
But the Sins also exterminated the vampire clan apparently, so does that make them evil? The whole issue I have with them wanting to exterminate humans is that it's hardly necessary, since they're not much of a threat. As for it being evil, I don't know, I guess It would also be evil if let's say the humans wanted to exterminate the fairies, so it's not like it could be exclusive to the demons, as if it was part of their nature.
Well, the first thing the vampires did when they were freed is destroy an entire kingdom overnight. Basically they carried out a genocide and thought nothing of it. And they also attacked liones intending to do the exact same thing. The sins did retaliate but I don't see how it was unnecessary or evil in the least. The vampires probably don't even need to kill to feed, they could have probably just taken the blood they needed and move on. All of the vampires were evil and enjoyed killing. And the one that didn't do any of those thing begged meliodas to obliterate her out of her miserable existence to which he oblidged (which I would normally consider a grey area on meliodas' part). The sins have never targeted anyone who is innocent so far, unlike the demon and vampire clans whom have basically targeted exclusively innocent people (its not like guilty humans exist in any form or context).

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well, the first thing the vampires did when they were freed is destroy an entire kingdom overnight. Basically they carried out a genocide and thought nothing of it. And they also attacked liones intending to do the exact same thing. The sins did retaliate but I don't see how it was unnecessary or evil in the least. The vampires probably don't even need to kill to feed, they could have probably just taken the blood they needed and move on. All of the vampires were evil and enjoyed killing. And the one that didn't do any of those thing begged meliodas to obliterate her out of her miserable existence to which he oblidged (which I would normally consider a grey area on meliodas' part). The sins have never targeted anyone who is innocent so far, unlike the demon and vampire clans whom have basically targeted exclusively innocent people (its not like guilty humans exist in any form or context).
The sins aren't a good example of what humans normally do, I think someone pointed out they're criminals, and it wasn't really them protecting humans, after all they did kill the humans who were turned into vampires, so their priority obviously wasn't to spare the vampires. They were dispatched to finish them off.But we've seen evil humans outside of the Sins, namely the ones who ripped the fairy's wings while they were still alive, which is evil no matter how you look at it.
Maybe Nakaba is making the demons evil by nature, but I believe that if Mel isn't then there is a chance other demons aren't, basically exceptions.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The sins aren't a good example of what humans normally do, I think someone pointed out they're criminals, and it wasn't really them protecting humans, after all they did kill the humans who were turned into vampires, so their priority obviously wasn't to spare the vampires. They were dispatched to finish them off.But we've seen evil humans outside of the Sins, namely the ones who ripped the fairy's wings while they were still alive, which is evil no matter how you look at it.
Maybe Nakaba is making the demons evil by nature, but I believe that if Mel isn't then there is a chance other demons aren't, basically exceptions.
Well, the humans that were turned into vampires were basically slaves to the vampires. I am not sure of where you are going with this, I have not made the point that all humans are good. That is obviously not the case at all. However the vampires and demons we have seen are objectively evil, that's irrefutable given their remorseless killing sprees. I haven'tsaid that all demons are evil by nature, meliodas wouldn't be plausible if that were the case.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It probably started with the Demon clan wanting more Magic than the others because of their superior strength, they quarreled with another clan then things went downhill, some clans chose to join the Demons because they were afraid and the others were their enemies.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It probably started with the Demon clan wanting more Magic than the others because of their superior strength, they quarreled with another clan then things went downhill, some clans chose to join the Demons because they were afraid and the others were their enemies.
Now that you bring that up, the vampires did join the demons in the war, before Izraf fucked up, so I'm guessing they also wanted to get their hands on the power.That and they were vassals to the demons who are clearly stronger.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
From the demon's side of the story, everyone wanted the magic power and even fought each other for it. I'm guessing it eventually turned into a goddess vs demon thing. The goddesses may have presented a better alternative to warring over magic power which the other clans agreed with or something. It's possible the others called a cease fire while the demons refused to adhere to.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
From the demon's side of the story, everyone wanted the magic power and even fought each other for it. I'm guessing it eventually turned into a goddess vs demon thing. The goddesses may have presented a better alternative to warring over magic power which the other clans agreed with or something. It's possible the others called a cease fire while the demons refused to adhere to.
Hmm I'm thinking that after the loss of the magical power there was no reason for the other clans to fight among each other. It's not clear, but it could be that the power was lost during the war. But yeah it mostly became the Goddesses vs the Demons, with each part of the conflict having their own allies.