The Illuminati-Manga Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Illuminati-Manga Thread

luisalirio84

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
lol you know i love you man >_>;; uh yeah XD is pretty gay .. but what about x3 and X3 and XP and XO and xS and X@ and XL those are all pretty gay too... :/
notice there's one kid on your site comments that starts every comment with :
Elfen Lied !!111!11!1!!!!
~~~
comment here
~~~~~
or some shit like that? yeah do you ever imagine what it would be like to kill him good?

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not really. :| (@ the EL-kid posting)

Lavos

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Questions:

How do you decide which projects to pick-up?
Do you base the choice on the art, story or availability of staffers?
Same thing on the decision to drop a project. What's the criteria?

Does the reader base have a part in it? Keep doing a project you don't like because a lot of people get it from you?
Drop a project 'cause almost no one reads it and the staff would be best used on another project?

If I can think better questions... That'd mean I got smarter for some reason...

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Questions:

How do you decide which projects to pick-up?
Do you base the choice on the art, story or availability of staffers?
Same thing on the decision to drop a project. What's the criteria?

Does the reader base have a part in it? Keep doing a project you don't like because a lot of people get it from you?
Drop a project 'cause almost no one reads it and the staff would be best used on another project?

If I can think better questions... That'd mean I got smarter for some reason...
I decide on a whim most of the time (That's the truth.). I see something I like, I see if there are people who are interested in working on it (Sorry, let me re-phrase that: I look if there's a translator willing to work on it.), and I start on it. Then you have projects like Full Metal Panic: Sigma that I bought the volumes but have nobody translating it. Shame. I'd really like to scanlate FMP: Sigma

I base the choice mostly on two things. 1) If I find the series potentially interesting, and 2) If I have a translator for it.

To drop a project, well, it's just overall lack of interest in a project. There are some projects that I just get tired of working on, and leave them be for a few months. When I get back to them, they start to get fun again. Sometimes when I get back to a project, and it still isn't fun. If there's a general lack of interest in the group, then the project gets officially dropped with a news post on the site. Nothing is ever dropped unless we make notice of it.

I don't scanlate for leechers. However, if there's a lot of people who download your releases, it's a nice feeling. If they don't, eh, oh well. Too bad for them. They don't know what they're missing.

luisalirio84

Reaction score
Country
Spain
why do you think lq Edited Mangas are a joke?
other questions:
do you have a race preference in girls?
jessica alba or scarlet johannsen?

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Because LQ are ugly, there's no effort put in them, they're pieces of shit. The fact that so many people download them shows to me that those people are pieces of shit for supporting them. I mean, how can you actually enjoy reading something when it looks like shit? It's like asking someone "Would you rather watch a .rmvp file that came out first over an .avi file that came out later?". Of course the avi file is tons better, but so many people will go for the .rmvp because it's first. How pitiful.

For girls... Uhh... No, not really.

Jessica Alba.

luisalirio84

Reaction score
Country
Spain
you picked alba? hmm that says a lot ...
as for the lq.. though i agree with you and i prefer hq stuff .. i hope you mean the really terrible ones. cause some lq isn't that bad cept for the quality of the raws. And not everyone would want to do all the junk that groups like m7 go through to turn it to hq. ;)
but yeah some scans are so bad i want to cry sometimes >_>

ok moving on... do you think your being an asshole has anything to do with the fact that you're a frenchie? :D

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
you picked alba? hmm that says a lot ...
as for the lq.. though i agree with you and i prefer hq stuff .. i hope you mean the really terrible ones. cause some lq isn't that bad cept for the quality of the raws. And not everyone would want to do all the junk that groups like m7 go through to turn it to hq. ;)
but yeah some scans are so bad i want to cry sometimes >_>

ok moving on... do you think your being an asshole has anything to do with the fact that you're a frenchie? :D
I picked Alba because I don't know the other one. ;|

I don't expect everyone to go to the same lenghs as groups like M7 do, but at the very least, fill the blacks and re-do the border. That's the least I can ask for. Instead, people send their pages through shitty denoising scripts and their pages look like fucking jello.

Nah, I don't think so. :| You could say I'm bi-lingual.

luisalirio84

Reaction score
Country
Spain
and you're the one that fucking reccomended me a fucking denoising tutorial? i swear i'm never touching another mag scan again.. i'd rather die -.-' you should die too :P

hmm why is elfen lied 1600px height?
what do you think about groups that go by uniform width like 700px width and shit like that.
What's your favourite group other than illuminati?
do you like ice cream?

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
and you're the one that fucking reccomended me a fucking denoising tutorial? i swear i'm never touching another mag scan again.. i'd rather die -.-' you should die too :P

hmm why is elfen lied 1600px height?
what do you think about groups that go by uniform width like 700px width and shit like that.
What's your favourite group other than illuminati?
do you like ice cream?
Denoising != Blurry shit. With enough trial & error on denoising tutorials, you can get good results. Plus, if it's slightly blurry, Smart Sharpen it.

EL is 1,600 height because bigger is better. ;o

I don't really think anything. Good for them I guess. :| It won't change much from uniform height.

Probably uh... MangaScreener.

Not all that much, no.

Lavos

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Chile
What's with the "Illuminati" in Illuminati-manga? Any particular reason?

How was it you came to be the leader of the group?

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What's with the "Illuminati" in Illuminati-manga? Any particular reason?

How was it you came to be the leader of the group?
No idea. I didn't found the group. I came in a few days after, though.

I became leader when the two people (Seal_Broken & coolerimmortal) retired from Edited Mangas.

luisalirio84

Reaction score
Country
Spain
No idea. I didn't found the group. I came in a few days after, though.

I became leader when the two people (Seal_Broken & coolerimmortal) retired from Edited Mangas.
lies he told me one night in pm .. (after he had quite a few shots of vodka) that he secretly "got rid" of the other leaders in a stealthy coup :) ggpx ftw! >.>

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't drink anymore, you lying jerk!

;o

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't drink anymore, you lying jerk!

;o
LOL, not anymore.... xD

Question time!!:

Since you loathe LQ scans, and love HQ scans, what do you think of MQ scans?

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
They're a little bit better as long as there's real effort put into them.

If they're just blurry pieces of shit (Do I need to point out some groups to you?) that put their pages in Neat Image then do minor cleaning are just as bad as LQ Manga Editors to me.

I have no problem with groups that actually put work in their MQ releases. M7's occasional MQ Bleach doesn't bother me. People who put a gap in in their double pages don't bother me (As long as they don't claim it's a HQ release). I have a big problem with people who make little effort yet label their releases as HQ when it really isn't.

Besides, real groups don't label their releases. (hint hint)

moeman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know you have stated that you don't particularly like HSDK, but I would like to thank you for picking it up again since I am a huge Kenichi fan. What is the reason for this? Also I would like to give kudos to richvh and the crew who do HSDK.

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
We re-picked up HSDK after a few events.

I had recruited Lavos into the group as an editor for Tough. He then took a liking to the people in the group and the projects, so he invited the people in Kuro-Hana to join us. After talking with him, I found out they lacked a typesetter to continue with HSDK. So they asked if they could do it in a joint with our group. I had no problem with this as long as they (The other people in K-H) would help out on some of current projects. They agreed, and we're doing it together now.

c_k

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
When I went to get One Missed Call in #Illuminati, I noticed that you offered both HQ and LQ scans of One Missed Call. Why offer both when you despise LQ?

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The difference is this site acknowledges "LQ" as crap like other Manga Editors. I acknowledge that sort of LQ in my sig as well.

Outside of this site, there is no "LQ" or "HQ" or "MQ" or "decent MQ" or any of that shit because Manga Editors actually have respect for each other. They don't go off stealing projects from others because they "Feel like it." At this point I'm just ranting, so bleh.

The LQ & HQ is just to show the difference in size. Some people enjoy small small, some enjoy big manga. That's all.

Last edited by a moderator: