The Japflap Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Japflap Thread

ketwaroo

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Re: The Japflap Thread ~ By Eagle

this the japflap thread?

i don't like the stuff you do.
too artsy, desecrating the art of manga.

but...
you pour a lot of efort in it so, i guess its ok.

you do your stuff and i'll do mine.

[this is just an opinion]

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Care to explain why it's too "artsy?"

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

He doesn't like the grey-cleaning method, as it ruins the original drawing in his opinion... i can see what he means, but i like JapFlap-version nonetheless ;)

Eagle

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

ketwaroo said:
this the japflap thread?

i don't like the stuff you do.
too artsy, desecrating the art of manga.

but...
you pour a lot of efort in it so, i guess its ok.

you do your stuff and i'll do mine.

[this is just an opinion]
No problem ^^ There are other Edited Mangas around, just read the one you like.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Well - I honestly don't think there should be any ONE way to do Edited Mangas, I like to see different approaches and I know I like Japflap's work ^_^

As far as the grey-cleaning method ruining the original art, I'd disagree. As long as it's still true to the spirit of the artwork I don't see a problem with it, and I think Japflap does that.

I mean, to be honest, if you REALLY are picky about the original art, just order Shonen Jump from Japan, and enjoy the fragile, yellow pages.

ketwaroo

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

at some point i did consider to get a suscription to the jump mag. but i don't understand a dang of japanese...

to be truthful i haven't read any japflap release since chapter 292 of Naruto. It was about then that I got into Edited Manga. You may have improved since then.

but what i do remember from those times are; Thick Lines and "burnt" backgrounds.

Japflap started operations aroung the time part 2 of the manga came around, right? At first I thought that mashashi was at fault and he was drawing like crap... but then i saw one of the socalled LQ camshot RAWs and I realised that you [japflap] were going really hard on the cleaning. Oh sure, Mashashi got very lazy in his drawing style: big and therefore few frames pictures. few dialogues, slow action etc.

but whatever, this topic is to give your opinion about the Manga Editor. i did.
i don't really like your cleaning style and wouldn't feel bad if you thouroughly detested mine [i'm also a cleaner...flame me!]

like i said its just an opinion. have a nice day.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Ah, JapFlap releases right now are much better then JapFlap releases where at 292 ;) And they started the english Edited Manga somewhere in the 280's i believe...

ketwaroo

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

and they also do french versions which is all to their honor.

guiburi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Maldives

hey m a huge naruto fan
wantin to do some contribution to the sereis
ive done some typesettin jobs for the databook Edited Manga here at mangahelpers
i was wondering if i cud do typesettin (english) for u guys so if you need a helpin hand. i m ready to do typesttin.
PM me if you accepted my offer

thanks in advance

Eagle

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
France

Announcement :
Japflap is looking for a Japanese to English translator, or/and, an English speaking person who will check up (fix) the English script for the releases.
Please PM me if you're interested.
Thanks.

m0d16

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi. i just wanted to ask, how come japflap uses textured greys? i dunno why im asking that, but its irritating me that i dont know.

PS - Eagle, check your pm box.

Last edited:

Edward

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
well, i don't actually have a question but i have suggestions and comments i would like to say... even though i think that there is no body reading this thread lately

1st of all, JapFlap's scanaltions is really gr8
* the quality is perfect
* cleaning is perfect and that includes the method of cleaning (coz i read some comments regarding this issue in this thread)
* translation is really good as well
* i LOVE the idea of the bonus folder... its really interesting to see many colored picx with different styles

in short, i love japflap... thanks 2 u Eagle and pass my thanks to all members of JapFlap team

the suggestions i would like to make is really not that important and they r my opinion:

* i think that some words r better kept in Japanese... coz i think it sounds much better in Japanese than it sounds in English.

Example (from ch 366): Shadow Clone ==> Kage bunshin (or something like this)

* the 2nd thing is that sometimes, one word is divided into two lines where it would be better if it was kept in on line

Example (also from ch 366): page 16-17

SASU-
KE

again this is my own opinion

Last edited:

patrick_tambu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yo!!!
First of all, i wanna thank you for all this time i've got your releases to read....
THANK YOU!

Now, there's a question for you....
I found that sometimes, there's some parts of the dialogues a little bit different from the previous Edited Mangas of the same chap. Like the last, 371, when Sasuke meets Naruto's kage bunshin and he says "He never gives up.". But i've read before something like "he doesn't know when to give up, does he?"........
Is this because you use a more accurate translation? Or it's just because it fits better with english language?
Thanks again guys, just keep it on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hadn't been here in a while, so I thought I'd drop a hello and best wishes to all your team. Also, have you had your honeymoon yet Eagle? What'd you do? (Don't say go to Paris... :D )

Thanks for all the great Edited Mangas and for making the last year's Naruto chapters more memorable ^^

Twoshirou

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
hi. i just wanted to ask, how come japflap uses textured greys? i dunno why im asking that, but its irritating me that i dont know.
We don't use textured grays but noised grays. And we do this because it looks better than stable gray. ;)

well, i don't actually have a question but i have suggestions and comments i would like to say... even though i think that there is no body reading this thread lately

1st of all, JapFlap's scanaltions is really gr8
* the quality is perfect
* cleaning is perfect and that includes the method of cleaning (coz i read some comments regarding this issue in this thread)
* translation is really good as well
* i LOVE the idea of the bonus folder... its really interesting to see many colored picx with different styles
Thanks. :)

the suggestions i would like to make is really not that important and they r my opinion:

* i think that some words r better kept in Japanese... coz i think it sounds much better in Japanese than it sounds in English.

Example (from ch 366): Shadow Clone ==> Kage bunshin (or something like this)

* the 2nd thing is that sometimes, one word is divided into two lines where it would be better if it was kept in on line

Example (also from ch 366): page 16-17

SASU-
KE

again this is my own opinion
Well, this is more a question for our proofreaders, however I think I can give you a good answer anyway.
The reason why the most people know that "Kage bunshin" means "Shadow clone" is BECAUSE the english word is used in Edited Mangas. Actually it's very difficult to say which japanese words are known to the readers. ;) If we would start to use too much Japanese the readers would get confused. For example: not everybody knows that the japanese name of the forehead protectors is "hitai-ate". If we'd use "hitai-ate" from now on it would become harder to follow the text for some readers.

Last edited:

coefficientX

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Old Japflap Release?

Hi, i just came across the Edited Manga by JapFlap and i really like it alot!

May I know where i can download the older releases (i.e. chap. 334 to 359)?
Thanks!

Twoshirou

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Re: Old Japflap Release?

I'm sorry but our Edited Mangas are only avaible for a short while. Once a volume was released, all the chapters of this volume are not downloadable anymore. ^_^

littleshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Canada
how can i download the older chapters that translated by JAFLAP?

Last edited:

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Seems like that is a popular inquiry... and indeed it should be, as Japflap is a great Edited Manga team.

But Japflap does not endorse their chapters being downloaded after the Naruto tankos come out in Japan, and we respect their decision to delete the files afterwards. As such please do not ask that question anymore here.

henrikoez

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Maybe i can help a little bit for anyone who love Japflap's Edited Mangas. Somehow i managed to get all of the older Japflap's Edited Mangas from chapter 290 until now. But i can only find chapter 329 until the latest releases now. I hope that i can tell you the site but i want to ask for Eagle's permission first. Are you allowing me to post the site's address? Because i know your principle about deleting the older chapters.