The js06 Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The js06 Thread

mayoi

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thank you for your translations! Happy New Year :wtf

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New Year js06!!! :thumbs

D=<

Reaction score
Country
Canada
May I ask if you or someone else is planning on translating the 164->169 gap for Hayate? I see that there are many activities regarding the 200+ missing chapters, but I was just wondering about the earlier chapters =D

js06

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it's been well over a month since I last posted here. I guess I should answer your questions, huh?

O_o so questions? what about demands?
You can always make demands. I just might ignore them.
Tell me your blood type! (i stick close to people cause i care ^^)
Type A
i demand you to turn around, i behind you!
And this is one of those demands I'll ignore. I refuse to turn around!
so your self thought, any particular sources?
It's been almost two years and I honestly can't remember what sources I used. I just checked and I apparently deleted or lost the bookmarks.
any plans on learning other languages? (would be nice to have another korean translator to count on ^^)(or german)
I like languages, but at the moment I don't have the free time. (I happened to have a semester off of college when I started teaching myself Japanese so I had an INSANE amount of free time.)
read! read! read! what kind of japanese books have you read? any haruki murakami?
I haven't read any actual books yet. I mainly read manga, but I also read a bunch of Japanese web sites and news articles to make sure I have experience with how the language is actually used instead of just how it's used in manga.

Mac or PC?
PC. I personally find the Mac operating system a tad annoying.
favourite aftershave?
Don't have one.
Blonde or Brunette?
Brunette.

ha, finally found your thread. Was surprised though. Wanted to drop by and extend my thanks for working with Gamble Fish <3
I'm happy to do it.

Thank you for your translations!
Always nice to see people appreciate my work.

May I ask if you or someone else is planning on translating the 164->169 gap for Hayate? I see that there are many activities regarding the 200+ missing chapters, but I was just wondering about the earlier chapters =D
I'll get to them eventually. It's just that I give a manga's latest chapters higher priority than older chapters like them. I should have them all translated in a couple of weeks though.

Arhazivory

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
*the stalker enters* My entire body is 'brunette'. XD

Anyway, before my weirdness makes you grimace.
Don't you feel like kicking the two weirdos who poisonously comment on your Gamble Fish scripts? I notice you ignore them but I'd be so tempted to tell them to piss off. Perhaps your soul is more silver than mine (Gintama reference. XD)

What's your favourite type of Japanese food, if you've ever had it?

js06

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
*the stalker enters* My entire body is 'brunette'. XD

Anyway, before my weirdness makes you grimace.
Don't you feel like kicking the two weirdos who poisonously comment on your Gamble Fish scripts? I notice you ignore them but I'd be so tempted to tell them to piss off. Perhaps your soul is more silver than mine (Gintama reference. XD)
Yeah, I just completely ignore them. I've thought about telling them to shut the hell up, but I decided not even to acknowledge them.
What's your favourite type of Japanese food, if you've ever had it?
Living in Alabama, I haven't had much Japanese food, but I really do enjoy sushi. A grocery store near where I live sells freshly made sushi and I pick some up from time to time.

On an odd side note, my browser's auto spell-check doesn't like the British spelling of favorite that you used. I didn't realize it was so Amerocentric. :blink

Arhazivory

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Dumb browser. It needs to know that British spelling rocks. :D

I've never eaten Japanese food (unless you count cup ramen), but I'd like to try sushi. If only to say 'I ate raw fish', which is something I still can't wrap my mind around. It's raw. XD

What do you want to be when you grow up?

js06

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dumb browser. It needs to know that British spelling rocks. :D
I know. I love learning little (or not so little) differences between US English and British English.
I've never eaten Japanese food (unless you count cup ramen), but I'd like to try sushi. If only to say 'I ate raw fish', which is something I still can't wrap my mind around. It's raw. XD
It's raw, but it's good.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Well, there's nothing I particularly WANT to be. I'm majoring in Computer Science (i.e. programming) at college because I'm quite good at it and I enjoy it.

jaeshiizou

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi there, read your translated Black lagoon series, and I wondered why did you leave the Thai characters out there? Intentionally?

I'm a Thai, and reading english translated mangas with untranslated words feel kinda funny... Would you like me to help translate, the thai parts?

Btw: love your translation, and is grateful for it

js06

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there, read your translated Black lagoon series, and I wondered why did you leave the Thai characters out there? Intentionally?

I'm a Thai, and reading english translated mangas with untranslated words feel kinda funny... Would you like me to help translate, the thai parts?

First of all, thanks for your appreciation.

Now for your question. The main reason I didn't translate it is I don't know Thai. I recognized that it WAS Thai but beyond that I had no idea. Also, since the manga is Japanese, there would have been a Japanese translation if the original audience was intended to understand it.

Out of curiosity, what did the Thai say?
Also, if there's any more Thai in future chapters, could I PM you to get a translation?

jaeshiizou

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Now for your question. The main reason I didn't translate it is I don't know Thai. I recognized that it WAS Thai but beyond that I had no idea. Also, since the manga is Japanese, there would have been a Japanese translation if the original audience was intended to understand it.

Also, if there's any more Thai in future chapters, could I PM you to get a translation?

Ohh xD Got it... Most of the Thai insides means the name of the places xD

And in the latest chapter 77, page 14 รับ means catch =3 but can also mean to recieve :3
And about future, yes of course, I'd be glad to =], i'll pm you my mail

Arhazivory

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

Oh! Thank God! When I was cleaning the chapter I was wondering what the hell the language was. I ruled out Korean which is probably the only other language I'd have recognized and I wondered what you'd have done js. Well, I didn't picture you combing the ends of the earth to figure out it's meaning, but I could appreciate the level of frustration that Black Lagoon brings.

Well I'm glad there's a Thai connection (thank you sooooo much jaeshiizou <3) and I hope arabic doesn't pop up next in the series.

(To make sure I ask a question). Have you ever travelled outside of the US...and if yes...where? :D

nightmoonlight

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Please js06, may u translate Hayate no gotoku faster ? I don't know Japanese and u are my last hope, i really really love that manga , and i always see your translate, please trans faster, thanks Jp 06

js06

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
(To make sure I ask a question). Have you ever travelled outside of the US...and if yes...where? :D
Due to my dad's job I lived in Germany for 2.5 years starting when I was 9 and have been to various places around Europe because of that. And before someone asks, no, I don't know German.
Please js06, may u translate Hayate no gotoku faster ? I don't know Japanese and u are my last hope, i really really love that manga , and i always see your translate, please trans faster, thanks Jp 06
Well, I've posted the translation since you posted this, so that's that.
In the future, just be patient. Hayate doesn't take too long to translate, so I try to get it done within a day of an okay-quality raw being uploaded somewhere.

nightmoonlight

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Thank u so much , js06, i know u can take raw in raw-paradise , why don't u translate when it was scanned in megazine ? U only trans , u don't need to edit or something else ? when i take the chap in megazine, i don't understand japanese, only watch picture T_T

wynnog

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I see that lately you translated most of the missing chapters. A new hero has born.
Now, if possible, could you translate chapter 177? Most likely chapters 165-169 will be scanlated by McDonald, they recently scanlated chapter 164.

Edit: I meant chapter 177, corrected.

Last edited:

Black Foot Sanji

Reaction score
Country
United States
First I want to say I love the series Bloody Monday, so thank you for working on it.

Now for my questions, Do you take requests on series to work on? I'm looking to branch out from the scans group I work with and have several series I'm looking at possibly doing. So with that being said question number two, Is the a specific genre that you prefer to work on?

js06

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank u so much , js06, i know u can take raw in raw-paradise , why don't u translate when it was scanned in megazine ? U only trans , u don't need to edit or something else ? when i take the chap in megazine, i don't understand japanese, only watch picture T_T
I like to wait until an okay-quality raw is out to translate, because sometimes small non-bubble text can be hard to read if it's a low quality raw.
I see that lately you translated most of the missing chapters. A new hero has born.
Now, if possible, could you translate chapter 177? Most likely chapters 165-169 will be scanlated by McDonald, they recently scanlated chapter 164.
Edit: I meant chapter 177, corrected.
I'd gotten a bit behind on my translations, but I'm almost caught up now. So I should get to 177 soon.
First I want to say I love the series Bloody Monday, so thank you for working on it.
You're welcome. It's a fun series to translate.

Now for my questions, Do you take requests on series to work on? I'm looking to branch out from the scans group I work with and have several series I'm looking at possibly doing. So with that being said question number two, Is the a specific genre that you prefer to work on?
I do take requests.
That said, I'm a little pressed for time now, so I can't make any guarantees. If a series interests me I might pick it up, but, once again, no promises.

Arhazivory

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
*stalker sneaks in and holds out mic*

The translation system ranked you as . Do you have any special thoughts about the system in general, and your rank in particular? I know some people find it offensive, others like it and there are those who don't give a serious thought to it either way. Hmm..for some reason you seem like the latter, but I could be wrong.

js06

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
*stalker sneaks in and holds out mic*

The translation system ranked you as . Do you have any special thoughts about the system in general, and your rank in particular? I know some people find it offensive, others like it and there are those who don't give a serious thought to it either way. Hmm..for some reason you seem like the latter, but I could be wrong.

You got it right, I don't really think much one or or the other about it.
I think B is pretty accurate for me. I do make mistakes, but (usually) not major ones.