Character - The Kanao Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character The Kanao Thread

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This is a thread to discuss everything about Kanao,

Last edited:

Hana Maria

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
So before anyone else, I declare Tsuguko Kanao Tsuyuri ( 🌸Kocho🌸 ) as my favorite KNY character out of the 5 senses.
Thus, I get to be the first to post in this fresh thread of a fresh forum after its creator.✂➿

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
She is my favourite female character in demon slayers. Plus my four favourite character in Demon slayers just behind Tanjiro,Giyu,Yoriichi and Akaza.

Last edited:

Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well I guess it's not really off-topic but I think by the end of this current arc she'll be blind, but with Tanjiro by her side I'm sure she'll be fine

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I wish we were able to see more of her in action amongst the group before this final arc.

Peter16373

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well the main problem is that Gotouge made her way too powerful to be in any arcs but the current one. Based on the little bits of information we got during the Pillar Training Arc. Base Kanao is probably stronger than Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro who is now capable of keeping up with Akaza albeit barely.

Infinity Train Arc? Akaza will actually die since Kanao should be strong enough to hold off Akaza for just a few more seconds for the sun to rise and burn his body.

Red Light District Arc? Kanao effortlessly defeats Daki and proceeds to destroy Gyutaro.

Swordsmith Village Arc? Kanao overpowers the Primal Emotions and forces them to merge into Zou Hakuten and proceeds to hold him off long enough for Genya, Tanjiro and Nezuko to kill Hantengu. if Mitsuri is also here it would be plain overkill.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well the main problem is that Gotouge made her way too powerful to be in any arcs but the current one. Based on the little bits of information we got during the Pillar Training Arc. Base Kanao is probably stronger than Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro who is now capable of keeping up with Akaza albeit barely.

Infinity Train Arc? Akaza will actually die since Kanao should be strong enough to hold off Akaza for just a few more seconds for the sun to rise and burn his body.

Red Light District Arc? Kanao effortlessly defeats Daki and proceeds to destroy Gyutaro.

Swordsmith Village Arc? Kanao overpowers the Primal Emotions and forces them to merge into Zou Hakuten and proceeds to hold him off long enough for Genya, Tanjiro and Nezuko to kill Hantengu. if Mitsuri is also here it would be plain overkill.
Well Kanao is powerful yes but you make it seem as if she already pillar level once she met tanjiro. Kanao job was to kill little demons that don't compare to the demon moons, to say that all of a sudden she would be capable of figthing off upper moons or even kill one on her own is laughable really. You act like she Soloed upper moon 2 on her own. She can thank her victory to kocho for pretty much detonating herself a giant poison nuke inside him. As for the rest.... Akaza had Giyuu and Tanjiro beat, Akaza chose to end his own life. Kanao could maybe last about maybe a few rounds, but Duma said himself that he has never eaten a woman before, so it's most likely that she would die of wounds.

Now about these fights that you're saying that Kanao *DESTROYS* upper moons

Upper Moon 6: So..... is Kanao all of a sudden immune to poison? or even faster than the sound pillar let alone her sister? she could have made a better option to be introduced in this ark since the mission required women and Tengen I guess never really bothered to ask a FEMALE demon slayer on this mission and just took the boys in, It would make sense for Kanao to make her debut in this ark and get major fights.

Upper Moon 4: So her and Mitsuki are Overkill huh? Soooooo when was mitsuki even winning the fight, If I rememver correctly she was only moments away from actually losing if not for Tanjiro defeating the main body. I think you're over estimating mitsuki a bit too much here pal. She strong, but doesn't have a high IQ to fight demons that have quirks to them.

I get your stance on Kanao I really do. She very strong and you can make a very solid case that she might be even stronger then Tanjiro, but she isn't an OP character in the series, not even close. I mean when has Kanao completely flexed or destroyed a hight level demon before? other then the little baby demons she been killing for years now, she says it herself, Duma was the first Actual hight level demon she faced, and she would have lost pretty badly if not for Kocho.

Peter16373

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well Kanao is powerful yes but you make it seem as if she already pillar level once she met tanjiro. Kanao job was to kill little demons that don't compare to the demon moons, to say that all of a sudden she would be capable of figthing off upper moons or even kill one on her own is laughable really. You act like she Soloed upper moon 2 on her own. She can thank her victory to kocho for pretty much detonating herself a giant poison nuke inside him. As for the rest.... Akaza had Giyuu and Tanjiro beat, Akaza chose to end his own life. Kanao could maybe last about maybe a few rounds, but Duma said himself that he has never eaten a woman before, so it's most likely that she would die of wounds.

Now about these fights that you're saying that Kanao *DESTROYS* upper moons

Upper Moon 6: So..... is Kanao all of a sudden immune to poison? or even faster than the sound pillar let alone her sister? she could have made a better option to be introduced in this ark since the mission required women and Tengen I guess never really bothered to ask a FEMALE demon slayer on this mission and just took the boys in, It would make sense for Kanao to make her debut in this ark and get major fights.

Upper Moon 4: So her and Mitsuki are Overkill huh? Soooooo when was mitsuki even winning the fight, If I rememver correctly she was only moments away from actually losing if not for Tanjiro defeating the main body. I think you're over estimating mitsuki a bit too much here pal. She strong, but doesn't have a high IQ to fight demons that have quirks to them.

I get your stance on Kanao I really do. She very strong and you can make a very solid case that she might be even stronger then Tanjiro, but she isn't an OP character in the series, not even close. I mean when has Kanao completely flexed or destroyed a hight level demon before? other then the little baby demons she been killing for years now, she says it herself, Duma was the first Actual hight level demon she faced, and she would have lost pretty badly if not for Kocho.
According to the Pillar Training Arc she reached Sanemi’s training in 6 days while Post-Zeroshiki Training (Post-Swordsmith Village Arc) Tanjiro who was able to fight Hantengu’s Primal Emotions in a 1v1 needed over 20 days. This shows that there’s a massive gap between the two of them during the Pillar Training. So even if she wasn’t already around the lvl of the stronger pillars before the pillar training she should be really close to it. Tanjiro even mentioned in the Rehabilitation Arc that Kanao already has a scent similar to that of a pillar.

I’m not talking about the Dimensional Infinity Fortress Arc. I’m talking about the Infinity Train Arc where the sun was literally just a few seconds away from burning a wounded Akaza. If Kanao was there she should be strong enough to hold him off for just a few more seconds since she’s already supposed to be around the lvl of a pillar at this point.

Forgot to fix the wording there while I was editing the paragraph. It was supposed to say easily destroy Daki and defeat Gyutaro alongside Tengen. Since she was already implied to be at the lvl of a pillar she should at the very least be at the lvl of Tengen the weakest pillar by the Red Light District Arc. Gyutaro is pretty strong but he can’t simultaneously fight two characters that are overall comparable to him. And this is low balling Kanao a lot. The Red Light District Arc took place (I think) a few weeks after the Rehabilitation Arc so she should be even stronger than when Tanjiro said she was already around the lvl of a pillar.

Marked Mitsuri despite being shown to be losing later on was still able to fight and hold off Zou Hakuten offscreen for a long period of time. If she arrives Kanao could just leave and go help Genya, Tanjiro, and Nezuko against Hantengu. Which is complete overkill.

Last edited:

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
According to the Pillar Training Arc she reached Sanemi’s training in 6 days while Post-Zeroshiki Training Tanjiro who was able to fight Hantengu’s Primal Emotions needed over 20 days. This shows that there’s a massive gap between the two of them during the Pillar Training. So even if she wasn’t already around the lvl of the stronger pillars before the pillar training she should be really close to it. Tanjiro even mentioned in the Rehabilitation Arc that Kanao already has a scent similar to that of a pillar.

I’m talking about the Infinity Train Arc where the sun was literally just a few seconds away from burning a wounded Akaza. If Kanao was there she should be strong enough to hold him off for just a few more seconds since she’s already supposed to be around the lvl of a pillar at this point.

Forgot to fix the wording there while I was editing the paragraph. It was supposed to say easily destroy Daki and defeat Gyutaro alongside Tengen. Since she was already implied to be at the lvl of a pillar she should at the very least be at the lvl of Tengen the weakest pillar by the Red Light District Arc. Gyutaro is pretty strong but he can’t simultaneously fight two characters that are overall comparable to him.

Marked Mitsuri despite being shown to be losing later on was still able to fight and hold off Zou Hakuten offscreen for a long period of time. If she arrives Kanao could just leave and go help Genya, Tanjiro, and Nezuko against Hantengu. Which is complete overkill.
If kanao is a pillar level then she the weakest pillar by far. You're still trying to imply that she used to fight high level demons when she hasn't ever done that, Kanao most likely reached that rank from kill maybe 60-70 garbage tier demons, which is a requirement to become a pillar. Also, how is overkill, if ALL of them combined were only barely able to beat him? tanjiro sword was gone, and he was right on the verge of getting away, and everyone else was also half-dead, they didn't dominate them they squeezed out the victory. Again, Kanao is NOT op. She comparable to a pillar yes, but only got that rank from killing many baby demons on her way. still doesn't matter, Mitsuri lost and if Tanjiro had not killed it sooner, mitusuri admitted herself that she was at her limit was going to die. And I ask again... is Kanao immune to poison? I agree she can win gain daki with the help of zenitsu and inosuke, but she would not DESTROY them easily.

I don't know what makes you think she Hight tier all of a sudden.... I mean based off what exactly lol

I mean seriously.... before even fighting Duma we knew this

-She was trained by both Kocho and Kanae
-She very fast as we saw her and tanjiro train together

And that it, we didin't even know what breath she even used either. Which is exactly why she should have gotten more spotlight in other arcs, other then the Final arc. You should've in my opinion introduced her in the Red light district to go on a mission which requires women in the first place and it would be best to see how powerful she really is.

Peter16373

Reaction score
Country
United States
If kanao is a pillar level then she the weakest pillar by far. You're still trying to imply that she used to fight high level demons when she hasn't ever done that, Kanao most likely reached that rank from kill maybe 60-70 garbage tier demons, which is a requirement to become a pillar. Also, how is overkill, if ALL of them combined were only barely able to beat him? tanjiro sword was gone, and he was right on the verge of getting away, and everyone else was also half-dead, they didn't dominate them they squeezed out the victory. Again, Kanao is NOT op. She comparable to a pillar yes, but only got that rank from killing many baby demons on her way. still doesn't matter, Mitsuri lost and if Tanjiro had not killed it sooner, mitusuri admitted herself that she was at her limit was going to die. And I ask again... is Kanao immune to poison? I agree she can win gain daki with the help of zenitsu and inosuke, but she would not DESTROY them easily.

I don't know what makes you think she Hight tier all of a sudden.... I mean based off what exactly lol

I mean seriously.... before even fighting Duma we knew this

-She was trained by both Kocho and Kanae
-She very fast as we saw her and tanjiro train together

And that it, we didn't even know what breath she even used either. Which is exactly why she should have gotten more spotlight in other arcs, other then the Final arc. You should've in my opinion introduced her in the Red light district to go on a mission which requires women in the first place and it would be best to see how powerful she really is.
When did I say she fought high level demons or any demons to be pillar lvl? I’m saying that Tanjiro who can literally smell how strong somebody is straight up said that during the Rehabilitation Training Arc, Kanao has a scent similar to that of a pillar. And Tanjiro has only met the nine current pillars. Which means during the Rehabilitation Training Arc, Kanao was already around the lvl of a pillar in the current era. Gyutaro also claimed that the Post-Rehabilitation Trio are too incompetent to be successors even after learning full concentration constant which gives further evidence that Kanao is far beyond the main cast in the previous arcs. And based on what we saw later on during the Pillar Training Arc, Kanao is way stronger than Tanjiro even after his training with the Zeroshiki doll. She's basically been repeatedly hinted at to be far beyond the main cast until the Dimensional Infinity Fortress Arc.

They didn't dominate Hantengu because they only had one pillar lvl character there helping them later on in the fight after they were beaten up. If Mitsuri or any other pillar lvl character was already there they wouldn't have been injured that badly. The only problem is Zou Hakuten but he can be stalled. And as long as Zou Hakuten is not in the picture Hantengu is pretty much easy prey. His main body which doesn't have any combat capabilities was killed pretty easily by a wounded Tanjiro, Genya and Nezuko who are all close to pillar lvl at that time. Now imagine what happens when you throw Kanao a pillar lvl character at him. Yeah it would be plain overkill.

If we assume the battle goes almost the exact same way as the original than the first person to fight Gyutaro would be Tengen. He could just tell her to be careful of the poison and proceed to double team Gyutaro. Daki is a fodder to pillar lvl characters Gyutaro even said her Upper Moon title was a joke and Tengen also said she's too weak to be an Upper Moon. So yeah if she even attempts to join in the fight she'll just get wrecked. She's better off fighting the trio and Nezuko.

So yeah my point is Gotouge made Kanao way too op in the earlier parts of the series. So it’s impossible to insert her into any of the previous arcs without making the fights too easy for the main cast. If Kanao was only close to the lvl of a pillar it would’ve been possible to add her into some of the previous arcs. But since she's already been implied by Tanjiro to be pillar lvl early on it's pretty much impossible to fit her in unless her strength gets retconned.

Last edited:

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
When did I say she fought high level demons or any demons to be pillar lvl? I’m saying that Tanjiro who can literally smell how strong somebody is straight up said that during the Rehabilitation Training Arc, Kanao has a scent similar to that of a pillar. And Tanjiro has only met the nine current pillars. Which means during the Rehabilitation Training Arc, Kanao was already around the lvl of a pillar in the current era. Gyutaro also claimed that the Post-Rehabilitation Trio are too incompetent to be successors even after learning full concentration constant which gives further evidence that Kanao is far beyond the main cast in the previous arcs. And based on what we saw later on during the Pillar Training Arc, Kanao is way stronger than Tanjiro even after his training with the Zeroshiki doll. She's basically been repeatedly hinted at to be far beyond the main cast until the Dimensional Infinity Fortress Arc.

They didn't dominate Hantengu because they only had one pillar lvl character there helping them later on in the fight after they were beaten up. If Mitsuri or any other pillar lvl character was already there they wouldn't have been injured that badly. The only problem is Zou Hakuten but he can be stalled. And as long as Zou Hakuten is not in the picture Hantengu is pretty much easy prey. His main body which doesn't have any combat capabilities was killed pretty easily by a wounded Tanjiro, Genya and Nezuko who are all close to pillar lvl at that time. Now imagine what happens when you throw Kanao a pillar lvl character at him. Yeah it would be plain overkill.

If we assume the battle goes almost the exact same way as the original than the first person to fight Gyutaro would be Tengen. He could just tell her to be careful of the poison and proceed to double team Gyutaro. Daki is a fodder to pillar lvl characters Gyutaro even said her Upper Moon title was a joke and Tengen also said she's too weak to be an Upper Moon. So yeah if she even attempts to join in the fight she'll just get wrecked. She's better off fighting the trio and Nezuko.

So yeah my point is Gotouge made Kanao way too op in the earlier parts of the series. So it’s impossible to insert her into any of the previous arcs without making the fights too easy for the main cast. If Kanao was only close to the lvl of a pillar it would’ve been possible to add her into some of the previous arcs. But since she's already been implied by Tanjiro to be pillar lvl early on it's pretty much impossible to fit her in unless her strength gets retconned.
Again you're just going by assumptions on what other people have said. Word is one thing, Seeing it in action is another. I'll give you this, Kano is powerful and by the Rehabilitation are, she was by far the strongest at that point, I don't disagree with you there. Where my problem lies is you telling yourself that she and op character at that point in the story. Tanjiro said Kanao had the scent FAMILIAR to a pillar, not one that was a full-fledged one.
And I'll ask again. Can you please show me proof that Kanao is as powerful as you say she is? I mean, she won ONE battle, that it, and she dosent get that much credit to begin with anyways since Kocho pretty much nerfed him. She doesn't have any battles on a resume to say otherwise when the rest of the pillars do.

I can make an argument the 3 strongest pillars are Moichiro, Sanemi and the Rock pillar. Why? Because they have the defeat of the upper moon 1 on their resume and Moichiro was able to solo an Upper Moon himself, that I can already tell now that their by far the strongest. You keep telling people have SAID that Kanao was on pillar level, but yet we've never SEEN it, I need proof that she can beat a hight level demon, let alone an upper moon. She said herself before fighting Duma, that all her battles beforehand, were against baby garbage tier demons, and had yet to even face a hight level demon before.

And you also keep dodging this question.... is Kanao immune to poison yes or no? If no, then how in the world is Kanao, going to easily kill him? I mean you keep assuming these things. And like I said if Kanao is pillar level she by far, BY FAR the weakest one yet. The rest of the pillars have proven themselves multiple times, even Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke as well that they can defeat hight level demons without much effort (talking about the main pillars here not the main 3). Kanao should've been introduced in battles early on in the series. Do I think Kanao would win the battles in the past? Yes. But to say that she pretty much an early game cheat code and she would DESTROY the competition is really laughable.

Peter16373

Reaction score
Country
United States
Again you're just going by assumptions on what other people have said. Word is one thing, Seeing it in action is another. I'll give you this, Kano is powerful and by the Rehabilitation are, she was by far the strongest at that point, I don't disagree with you there. Where my problem lies is you telling yourself that she and op character at that point in the story. Tanjiro said Kanao had the scent FAMILIAR to a pillar, not one that was a full-fledged one.
And I'll ask again. Can you please show me proof that Kanao is as powerful as you say she is? I mean, she won ONE battle, that it, and she dosent get that much credit to begin with anyways since Kocho pretty much nerfed him. She doesn't have any battles on a resume to say otherwise when the rest of the pillars do.

I can make an argument the 3 strongest pillars are Moichiro, Sanemi and the Rock pillar. Why? Because they have the defeat of the upper moon 1 on their resume and Moichiro was able to solo an Upper Moon himself, that I can already tell now that their by far the strongest. You keep telling people have SAID that Kanao was on pillar level, but yet we've never SEEN it, I need proof that she can beat a hight level demon, let alone an upper moon. She said herself before fighting Duma, that all her battles beforehand, were against baby garbage tier demons, and had yet to even face a hight level demon before.

And you also keep dodging this question.... is Kanao immune to poison yes or no? If no, then how in the world is Kanao, going to easily kill him? I mean you keep assuming these things. And like I said if Kanao is pillar level she by far, BY FAR the weakest one yet. The rest of the pillars have proven themselves multiple times, even Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke as well that they can defeat hight level demons without much effort (talking about the main pillars here not the main 3). Kanao should've been introduced in battles early on in the series. Do I think Kanao would win the battles in the past? Yes. But to say that she pretty much an early game cheat code and she would DESTROY the competition is really laughable.
Like I said this statement was from Tanjiro somebody who can literally smell how strong somebody is and has just met the nine pillars of the current generation a few days prior. So when Tanjiro said Kanao at this point in the story already has a scent similar to that of a Pillar he probably means it. As in she likely is already roughly at the same Lvl as the weakest Pillar at bare minimum during the Rehabilitation Training Arc and that was before the Upper Moon arcs. If Tanjiro and the crew and grow stronger so could Kanao. Which is likely the case based on what we learned later on.

You don’t always need feats to show how strong you are. Powerscaling and statements are all valid as well. Muichiro isn’t in the top 3. He was weaker than Sanemiwho was shown to be comparable to Giyu which means by powerscaling Giyu and Kyojuro would be above Muichiro as well. We’ve had one statement from Tanjiro straight up implying she’s likely around Pillar Lvl and another from Gyutaro saying the trio after learning full concentration constant was no where near the lvls of successors. And later on in the Pillar Training Arc we’ve been shown that Kanao blitzed through the training over three times faster than a fully recovered Tanjiro who had gone through another training with the Zeroshiki doll and got strong enough to fight Hantengu’s Primal Emotions during the Swordsmith Village Arc. And these Primal Emotions can fight Nezuko in her demon form the same form that allowed her to completely stomped Daki.

Poison pretty much means jack shit to the demon slayers in Kimetsu no Yaiba. Tengen has resistance due to being a ninja. Tanjiro was still moving for a while after getting poisoned. Inosuke basically just said lol to poison until the battle was over. Muichiro also ignored Gyokko’s poison until his adrenaline wore off. If Kanao gets hit by poison she will also probably just ignore the poison until the fight is over because plot giving everybody minor resistance to poison. Even if Kanao is only comparable to the weakest Pillar of the current era in the Rehabilitation arc she’s still pretty much a cheat code just like all the other pillars. Having just one extra pillar lvl character in any previous arc would’ve made the fights way easier.

With just Tengen during the Red Light District Arc they had an overall pretty even fight with Daki and Gyutaro. Gyutaro was having a pretty hard time with just Tengen throughout the fight now imagine fighting a second Tengen at the same time. During the Swordsmith Village Arc the main problem was Mitsuri arriving late and Muichiro being held off by Gyokko. If there was one extra Pillar Lvl character already there fighting alongside Tanjiro they could‘ve taken down the primal emotions much more easily and everybody would’ve been in better shape when they chased after Hantengu’s main body. Also when did I say she would destroy the competition? I only said she too op to join the fights in the early arcs because she was Pillar lvl. If we were talking about adding in the other pillars in the previous arcs I would’ve said the same thing. After all Pillar lvl characters are pretty much cheat codes in the early arcs to some extent. Upper Moons 4-6 aren’t as strong as everybody make them out to be. Adding in just one extra Pillar Lvl character in any of the previous arcs would’ve made things go way more smoothly.

Last edited:

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
AGAIN LOL.
BASED.
OFF.
WHAAAAT?
You're going off with assumptions based on what a person has said but has yet to see them in action. Full-fledged pillars are actually not as much cheat codes as you think they are now that I look back at it. If remember correctly I'm pretty sure a pillar died to upper moon 3 and another NEARLY died against upper moon 6.. 6!. Mitsuri nearly died to Upper Moon 4 and if Tanjiro had not defeated the main body on time, Mitsuri admitted herself that she would have most likely died because she was at her limit. Even the strongest Pillars have not been able to just easily beat upper moons, let alone defeat them. You act like Giyuu and the other pillars would just BREEZE thought the upper moons like their nothing. There's a reason why it's been more than a thousand years(or hundred) since the pillars ever defeated an upper moon right? You know there have been a LOT of pillars who have died at that time all because of the upper moons? And you're really trying to tell me that a non-full-fledged pillar- Actually, screw that I'm done calling her a pilar anymore. A Tsukogo, which is her rank in demon slayer, is all of a sudden going be able to defeat an upper moon no problem? Yeah, right.

Huh. So poison DOESN'T affect demon slayers huh. I don't think you really deserve a response for this if you're really telling me that humans are immune to poison. The only thing they can do is slow down the poison in their systems but eventually, after a long period of time, the poison can make it to their heart killing them. So demon slayers just slap poison in the face? Maaaaaaan i REALLY don't think you've read the manga then. "Poison means jack shit to demon slayers."

So *Ahem*. May I ask how did Kanao's older sister Kanae die again? oh yeah! After her battle, her wounds were laced with LOTS of poison and deep wounds that the upper moon left on her. Tengen Neglected the poison......
:teehee
Yeah, I guess that why he was near death, no correction was GOING to die at the end of the battle because of the amount of poison he had taken and inosuke was going to die as well because of the poison. But since you don't read the manga much let me tell you what happened afterward. Nezuko used her blood demon art on both tengen and Inosuke to save their lives. By the way, Zenitsu was ALSO going to die from poison too earlier in the series, he was just lucky that Kocho arrived on time and was able to give him the antidote saving him. She also mentions that his breathing was able to slow down the poison current going thought his body, she mentions if he had not been doing that breathing she would have turned into a spider a LONG time ago.

Battles DO count on your resume and if you've never battled a hight level demon before how exactly are you even ready to defeat an upper moon? Like, the rest of the pillars have battled multiple hight level demons before becoming pillars. The only reason, The ONLY reason that Kanao is near pillar level is because of the number of demons she had defeated during that time, not the level of the demons. Let me ask you a question. If you're a basketball player trying to get better, is it a good idea to play pick up games against grade-schoolers when you're in high school? Is doing that for a LONG period of time going to help you? No, you're just gonna stay at the same level you were when you started. Kanao is not an op character nor was she an op character in the early series, ALL of the pillars are stronger than her. By the end of the series, Tanjiro is clearly stronger than her.

I have zero proof other then "what tenjiro said" from you. You've given literally ZERO proof that Kano is as strong as you say she is. You've also shown me that you don't read the manga much because all of you're statements have been false or just plain lies. Kanao is a great character yes. But quit trying to imply that she at Sanemi level or even Muichiro level when all those guys have proved that they can defeat hight level and upper demon moons.

She did next to nothing before the final arc which is exactly his point, Kanao was never an op character, to begin with. So why to hold off her, especially since when she was fighting the Upper Moon 2, she clearly wasn't ready. So why not give her battles with other demon moons. It would make sense in the swordsmith village because I do agree with in the Red light district they were already good in manpower 2v2 everywhere. But the swordsmith arc there was a preview of the power the upper moons possessed.

Also that pillar training ment jack shit. Kanao went thought quick, so what? did that affect her battles of a sudden? no. Tanjiro went just as slow and was able to hold off and defeat Upper Moon 3 with Giyuu. Kanao which apparently SPED thought the training, was nowhere close to ready to go up against upper moon 2. why? because she admitted that she had never gone up a hight level demon before. Implying again that she is NOT pillar level.

Yeesh, I'm just gonna stop responding to you because at this point I'm pretty much repeating myself. I'll let someone else come here to set you straight on you're Kanao OP point.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Poison is effective against Swordsmen. Tengen and Inosuke were lucky as their constitutions is what allowed them to continue fighting against Gyutarou. Tanjirou wasn't afflicted until the last minute and Zenitsu avoided getting poisoned because he was fighting Daki the majority of the time.

As of the Douma fight, Kanao is undeniably Pillar level. Douma himself pretty much said she was more skilled than Shinobu. Whether or not she was before the Pillar Training is up in the air. Tanjirou said her scent was closer to that of a Pillar, but that doesn't mean she was Pillar level just yet. She was probably the only swordsperson that was nearing their level of ability at the time. That depends on how you read his comment though.

That being said, even with what she's shown now, she would in no way be able to hold off any of the previous Upper Moons by herself, let alone defeat them. Daki is probably the only demon for sure she could take on solo.

I wish she had gotten a chance to get involved in the story earlier. We probably could've used a mini arc in between the Train arc and the Red Light district that gave her a bit of spotlight.

Ace

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Poison is effective against Swordsmen. Tengen and Inosuke were lucky as their constitutions is what allowed them to continue fighting against Gyutarou. Tanjirou wasn't afflicted until the last minute and Zenitsu avoided getting poisoned because he was fighting Daki the majority of the time.

As of the Douma fight, Kanao is undeniably Pillar level. Douma himself pretty much said she was more skilled than Shinobu. Whether or not she was before the Pillar Training is up in the air. Tanjirou said her scent was closer to that of a Pillar, but that doesn't mean she was Pillar level just yet. She was probably the only swordsperson that was nearing their level of ability at the time. That depends on how you read his comment though.

That being said, even with what she's shown now, she would in no way be able to hold off any of the previous Upper Moons by herself, let alone defeat them. Daki is probably the only demon for sure she could take on solo.

I wish she had gotten a chance to get involved in the story earlier. We probably could've used a mini arc in between the Train arc and the Red Light district that gave her a bit of spotlight.
I agree with that statement, but he continues to insist that she would be easily disposed of the rest of the upper moons without effort or just keeps saying fake statements like "Poison doesn't affect demon slayers". I agree with as well for the red light district, she would have won yes, but not easily and swiftly which is what he was saying that it would be a cakewalk for her. At the point where she fought Duma, she and the main 5 excluding genya you could argue were now pillar level. I believe Kanao could have gone along with Tanjiro to the swordsmith village where she and moichiro could have gone up against upper moon 5 together. And maybe that was a bit of overkill considering moichiro was able to solo the upper moon, but I at least wanted some sort of arc where she got some spotlight before the final arc, If there is like one negative about the author moves so far, is benching her until the final arc.

Peter16373

Reaction score
Country
United States
AGAIN LOL.
BASED.
OFF.
WHAAAAT?
You're going off with assumptions based on what a person has said but has yet to see them in action. Full-fledged pillars are actually not as much cheat codes as you think they are now that I look back at it. If remember correctly I'm pretty sure a pillar died to upper moon 3 and another NEARLY died against upper moon 6.. 6!. Mitsuri nearly died to Upper Moon 4 and if Tanjiro had not defeated the main body on time, Mitsuri admitted herself that she would have most likely died because she was at her limit. Even the strongest Pillars have not been able to just easily beat upper moons, let alone defeat them. You act like Giyuu and the other pillars would just BREEZE thought the upper moons like their nothing. There's a reason why it's been more than a thousand years(or hundred) since the pillars ever defeated an upper moon right? You know there have been a LOT of pillars who have died at that time all because of the upper moons? And you're really trying to tell me that a non-full-fledged pillar- Actually, screw that I'm done calling her a pilar anymore. A Tsukogo, which is her rank in demon slayer, is all of a sudden going be able to defeat an upper moon no problem? Yeah, right.

Huh. So poison DOESN'T affect demon slayers huh. I don't think you really deserve a response for this if you're really telling me that humans are immune to poison. The only thing they can do is slow down the poison in their systems but eventually, after a long period of time, the poison can make it to their heart killing them. So demon slayers just slap poison in the face? Maaaaaaan i REALLY don't think you've read the manga then. "Poison means jack shit to demon slayers."

So *Ahem*. May I ask how did Kanao's older sister Kanae die again? oh yeah! After her battle, her wounds were laced with LOTS of poison and deep wounds that the upper moon left on her. Tengen Neglected the poison......
:teehee
Yeah, I guess that why he was near death, no correction was GOING to die at the end of the battle because of the amount of poison he had taken and inosuke was going to die as well because of the poison. But since you don't read the manga much let me tell you what happened afterward. Nezuko used her blood demon art on both tengen and Inosuke to save their lives. By the way, Zenitsu was ALSO going to die from poison too earlier in the series, he was just lucky that Kocho arrived on time and was able to give him the antidote saving him. She also mentions that his breathing was able to slow down the poison current going thought his body, she mentions if he had not been doing that breathing she would have turned into a spider a LONG time ago.

Battles DO count on your resume and if you've never battled a hight level demon before how exactly are you even ready to defeat an upper moon? Like, the rest of the pillars have battled multiple hight level demons before becoming pillars. The only reason, The ONLY reason that Kanao is near pillar level is because of the number of demons she had defeated during that time, not the level of the demons. Let me ask you a question. If you're a basketball player trying to get better, is it a good idea to play pick up games against grade-schoolers when you're in high school? Is doing that for a LONG period of time going to help you? No, you're just gonna stay at the same level you were when you started. Kanao is not an op character nor was she an op character in the early series, ALL of the pillars are stronger than her. By the end of the series, Tanjiro is clearly stronger than her.

I have zero proof other then "what tenjiro said" from you. You've given literally ZERO proof that Kano is as strong as you say she is. You've also shown me that you don't read the manga much because all of you're statements have been false or just plain lies. Kanao is a great character yes. But quit trying to imply that she at Sanemi level or even Muichiro level when all those guys have proved that they can defeat hight level and upper demon moons.

She did next to nothing before the final arc which is exactly his point, Kanao was never an op character, to begin with. So why to hold off her, especially since when she was fighting the Upper Moon 2, she clearly wasn't ready. So why not give her battles with other demon moons. It would make sense in the swordsmith village because I do agree with in the Red light district they were already good in manpower 2v2 everywhere. But the swordsmith arc there was a preview of the power the upper moons possessed.

Also that pillar training ment jack shit. Kanao went thought quick, so what? did that affect her battles of a sudden? no. Tanjiro went just as slow and was able to hold off and defeat Upper Moon 3 with Giyuu. Kanao which apparently SPED thought the training, was nowhere close to ready to go up against upper moon 2. why? because she admitted that she had never gone up a hight level demon before. Implying again that she is NOT pillar level.

Yeesh, I'm just gonna stop responding to you because at this point I'm pretty much repeating myself. I'll let someone else come here to set you straight on you're Kanao OP point.
Doesn’t matter if Tanjiro hasn’t seen them in action. He has the ability to literally smell a characters emotions, strength, movement and etc. He can tell how Gyomei is way stronger than the other pillars by smell so why is the fact that he said Kanao being roughly around the same lvl as the current era pillars early on in the series hard to believe?

Kyojuro did die against Akaza but he also nearly managed to take him down with him. Tengen the weakest pillar based on feats was able to 1v1 Gyutaro the weakest Upper Moon while being poisoned and he managed to briefly overpower him after he completed his score. Like I said Mitsuri despite losing was still able to hold off Zou Hakuten offscreen for a period of time this was even mentioned by Zou Hakuten himself. The only reason she couldn’t win was because of stamina limit otherwise she is roughly on par with Upper Moon 4. So if you threw Mitsuri against a weaker Upper Moon say Gyokko she would just solo him like Muichiro did. I for one believe that any one of the stronger pillars (Marked Giyu, Marked Sanemi, Kyojuro etc.) can 1v1 and win against Upper Moon 4-6. Doesn’t matter if they have lived a long time the pillars they killed were much weaker than the current era pillars. Gyutaro even said that Tengen was the strongest pillar he has fought and based on feats Tengen is the weakest among the current pillars. When did I say she would defeat them no problem. I only said she would make the fights easy because having more than one pillar lvl character in the Red Light District arc is overkill when the upper Moon was having a hard time against just one pillar. Same with Swordsmith Village Arc, Muichiro can take on Gyokko no problem as long as he gets the Mark. So all they have to worry about is Hantengu and as long as Mitsuri stalls Zou Hakuten it will pretty much become a 4v1 against a fodder.

Poison has super useless for the Upper Moons throughout the series. Almost every time we see it being used on screen the demon slayers just ignore it for the majority of the fight due to adrenaline or some miraculous resistance or body constitution. If they had a better showing I would’ve agreed that poison was a problem.

Last time I checked Doma doesn’t use poison. He merely killed Kanae with his fans and ice demon art.

I specifically said during the battle not after. During the battle they pretty much ignored the poison due to adrenaline or breathing techniques of some kind.

Like I said powerscaling and statements are a thing. If you have statements of being roughly on par with pillars from a credible source than you are roughly pillar lvl. Kanao was never once stated to be near pillar lvl for killing demons. You seem to think that she has only fought fodder demons and has never trained with Shinobu. Even though the Pillar Training straight up shows that some of the pillars training is literally demon slayers fighting the pillars in a 1v1 (Muichiro’s movement reflex training and Obanai’s sword skill training). Which means at some point in time Kanao has likely trained with Shinobu or another pillar for sword skills and reflexes.

We had a statement about her strength from Tanjiro. Another statement from Gyutaro about successors being much stronger than the trio during RLD Arc. Implications of her being massively stronger than Post-Zeroshiki Training Base Tanjiro who is comparable to Demon Form Nezuko who straight up lol stomped Daki. Another implication on her being at least comparable to the likes of Obanai due to her passing his training. The requirement was shown to be landing a hit on him in combat during the training. Also Base Muichiro isn’t even that strong. Base Tanjiro and Base Kanao are clearly stronger than him in based on feats and powerscaling. He was defeated rather easily by Gyokko without even managing to land a bit on him while Tanjiro and Kanao kept up with and injured Akaza and Doma respectively. Base Tanjiro also performed better against Akaza than Base Giyu did and Giyu is shown to be roughly as strong as Sanemi in training. So I’d argue the two of them are on par with Base Sanemi.

And like I said she did next to nothing because adding her or any of the other pillars into the previous arcs other than the ones that were already in those arcs would’ve been overkill. They were also pretty good with manpower in Swordsmith Village Arc. Hantengu’s main body is a fodder as long as Zou Hakuten gets stalled they will win pretty easily. I really don’t think the Upper Moons that are not numbered 1-3 needs anymore than 1 or 2 pillar lvl characters to be defeated.

Seriously are we even reading the same series anymore? You do realize that training is the whole reason why Tanjiro is this strong right? Tanjiro was original not even Lower Moon lvl but after the Rehabilitation Training he became stronger than all the lower moons and roughly around Daki’s lvl. After the Zeroshiki doll Training Tanjiro went from barely Daki lvl to being able to fight demons that could fight Demon Form Nezuko who lol stomped Daki. And after the Pillar Training Tanjiro went from getting stomped by Zou Hakuten to barely keeping up with Akaza who is stronger than Zou Hakuten. The fact that Kanao blitzed through the training means that she is already super close to the lvls of the stronger pillars of not already there. Since after the training Base Tanjiro became arguably stronger than Base Giyu. Also you do realize that there is a huge gap between some of the upper moons right? Base Tanjiro was barely holding his own against Akaza. Base Kanao was also barely holding her own against Doma who straight up said Akaza stands no chance against him or Kokushibo implying there’s a massive gap in power between them. Doma is probably closer in power to Koushibo rather than Akaza. What does Kanao not having met the third strongest demon in the series have to do with her not being pillar lvl? You don’t have to fight high lvl demons to be considered pillar lvl. You can get there by training as proven by Tanjiro. And the fact that Kanao was able to finish the training at a much faster rate than Tanjiro implies that Base Kanao is likely stronger than Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I agree with that statement, but he continues to insist that she would be easily disposed of the rest of the upper moons without effort or just keeps saying fake statements like "Poison doesn't affect demon slayers". I agree with as well for the red light district, she would have won yes, but not easily and swiftly which is what he was saying that it would be a cakewalk for her. At the point where she fought Duma, she and the main 5 excluding genya you could argue were now pillar level. I believe Kanao could have gone along with Tanjiro to the swordsmith village where she and moichiro could have gone up against upper moon 5 together. And maybe that was a bit of overkill considering moichiro was able to solo the upper moon, but I at least wanted some sort of arc where she got some spotlight before the final arc, If there is like one negative about the author moves so far, is benching her until the final arc.
Once again I never said it would be a cake walk for her. I even mentioned that my first post had a typo on it. I was typing on a phone that was running out of battery and I was starting to drive home so I had to rush it without editing it. Early Kanao was already implied to be around pillar lvl which means she likely would’ve stomped Daki like Tengen did and if she teams up with Tengen they would’ve had a much easier time beating Gyutaro. By the time of the Swordsmith Village Arc she was already far stronger than before as shown when she blitzed through the pillar training. Which means at this point Kanao joining in would’ve been the equivalent of a second Mitsuri joining in which is complete overkill for a single Hantengu main body that has no offensive capabilities.

That still doesn’t explain the fact that Muichiro managed to ignore Gyokko’s poison until the battle was over. So yeah whenever the Upper Moon’s try to use poison it’s pretty much at most just minor inconvenience to the demon slayers.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That still doesn’t explain the fact that Muichiro managed to ignore Gyokko’s poison until the battle was over. So yeah whenever the Upper Moon’s try to use poison it’s pretty much at most just minor inconvenience to the demon slayers.
Those were more than mere inconveniences.

Demon Slayers can indeed, temporarily, limit the effects of the poison with their Breathing, but it isn't instantaneous nor full proof.

Gyokko's poison nearly paralyzed Muchirou completely. If it wasn't for the mark, Muchirou wouldn't have even been able to move at all. Nevermind that he couldn't even tag Gyokko before even getting poisoned. Muchirou would've lost to the poison a lot sooner had it not been for the mark. His base constitution as a swordsman didn't help at all.

Tengen, even with his resistance, had to literally stop his heart to get the extra time to fight against Gyoutarou. Even then, it still weakened him significantly where he couldn't do anything against Gyoutaro. Compare that to Inosuke, who claimed him body was also immune to poison, but immediately fell to the affects of the poison way sooner than Tengen. And he only took a single stab from Gyoutarou towards the end of the fight. And again, if not for Nezuko, those who were poisoned would've died eventually anyway.

Unless she got a mark like Muchirou, I don't see her lasting long agaisnt Gyokko and I certainly don't see her lasting as long against Gyoutarou.

Peter16373

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those were more than mere inconveniences.

Demon Slayers can indeed, temporarily, limit the effects of the poison with their Breathing, but it isn't instantaneous nor full proof.

Gyokko's poison nearly paralyzed Muchirou completely. If it wasn't for the mark, Muchirou wouldn't have even been able to move at all. Nevermind that he couldn't even tag Gyokko before even getting poisoned. Muchirou would've lost to the poison a lot sooner had it not been for the mark. His base constitution as a swordsman didn't help at all.

Tengen, even with his resistance, had to literally stop his heart to get the extra time to fight against Gyoutarou. Even then, it still weakened him significantly where he couldn't do anything against Gyoutaro. Compare that to Inosuke, who claimed him body was also immune to poison, but immediately fell to the affects of the poison way sooner than Tengen. And he only took a single stab from Gyoutarou towards the end of the fight. And again, if not for Nezuko, those who were poisoned would've died eventually anyway.

Unless she got a mark like Muchirou, I don't see her lasting long agaisnt Gyokko and I certainly don't see her lasting as long against Gyoutarou.
Well fair enough about the poison I guess. But are you really saying current Kanao wouldn’t last long against Gyokko or Gyutaro? That is honestly kind of ridiculous. I could understand if you say that about Hantengu (Zou Hakuten) but Gyokko and Gyutaro? Those two are pretty much fodders at this point. Based on scaling any one of the stronger pillar lvl characters (Giyu, Sanemi, Tanjiro, and etc.) right now can beat them 1v1 in base. Heck even the weaker pillars can beat them as long as they unlock their mark. Post-Rehabilitation Tanjiro who was weaker than Daki managed to overpower Gyutaro in the last moments of the fight after he used his Mark so if Tengen got his mark during the fight he would’ve destroyed Gyutaro.

Kanao was shown to be massively stronger than Tanjiro during the training and since the two of them were able to complete the same exact training, than Kanao would by logic be comparable to if not stronger than Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro who was able to briefly 1v1 a serious Akaza for a while in base.

The only upper moons that I don’t see her or any of the stronger pillars beating 1v1 in Base is UM4 and up. With the mark the upper moons that they can't beat 1v1 are UM3 and up. And if you add See-Through-World on top of the mark than the only upper moons that the stronger pillars can’t beat 1v1 are UM2 and up. Though Marked Gyomei w/ See-Through-World is probably the only one that’s arguably be stronger than Doma.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Current Kanao is Pillar lv, & I think at her upper most lv she's Shinobu lv. Shinobu I fiercely believe to be the weakest pillar, yet one of the fastest.

Earlier in the series she's Tschuki lv, definitely. Yes I can agree, if she was with the main group, Rengoku at best doesn't die but I doubt she could cut Akaza's head off before getting seriously hurt by his techiques , his counter is too good.

As for the other fights, It would be like having Tanjiro in 2 places, so the fight goes a lot smoother where the Demon Slayers take less injury. But it's not a cake walk..

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Her sayonaras in the anime were very cute, stuck in my head
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What kind of flower is this