Discussion - The Kimetsu no Yaiba Versus Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Kimetsu no Yaiba Versus Thread

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Use this thread for talking about fantasy match ups between characters of the Kimetsu no Yaiba world.

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Akaza vs Mark Sanemi who win in one on one fight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mark Tanjiro vs Mark Tokitou who win in one one one fight?

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Marked Sanemi is probably slightly stronger than Rengoku, but Akaza should win a 1v1 anyway.

As for the other one, probably Tokitou if neither has accessed the see-through world. Likely similar result if both have Anatta.

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Marked Sanemi is probably slightly stronger than Rengoku, but Akaza should win a 1v1 anyway.

As for the other one, probably Tokitou if Tanjirou hasn't accessed the see-through world.
I agree on Akaza one he should win. If on on one he beat all Mark users with exception Mark Himejima and Mark Tanjiro which will give Akaza Very high difficulty he might even lose to either Tanjiro or Himejima.

But Mark Tanjiro with all see through>Mark Tokitou. He singlehandely cut off Akaza head despite Akaza being on guard. Normal circumstances Mark Tanjiro>Akaza(Without decaptitation immunity).

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I agree on Akaza one he should win. If on on one he beat all Mark users with exception Mark Himejima and Mark Tanjiro which will give Akaza Very high difficulty he might even lose to either Tanjiro or Himejima.

But Mark Tanjiro with all see through>Mark Tokitou. He singlehandely cut off Akaza head despite Akaza being on guard. Normal circumstances Mark Tanjiro>Akaza(Without decaptitation immunity).
Tokitou has see-through too, though. It's just that he was bleeding out and his opponent was much more powerful and using see-through as well.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Tokitou has see-through too, though. It's just that he was bleeding out and his opponent was much more powerful and using see-through as well.
That is true Mark Tanjiro with all see through vs Mark Tokito is all see though is up to debate I suppose. Feat wise though Mark Tanjiro with all see through is stronger than Upper moon 3 Akaza. as you say Tokitou with mark with all see through was bleeding and face much stronger opponent.

I think Mark Tanjiro with all see through>Mark Giyu and Mark Sanemi. Though unless they show better feats than Mark Tanjiro with all see through.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Akaza vs Mark Sanemi who win in one on one fight.
Akaza wins, probably with solid high difficulty though. Marked Sanemi is slightly stronger than Marked Tomioka and Rengoku (IMO), so Akaza won't have it easy.

Mark Tanjiro vs Mark Tokitou who win in one one one fight?
Tokitou has shown to be more impressive overall. He wins as of now, probably with high difficulty too.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Akaza wins, probably with solid high difficulty though. Marked Sanemi is slightly stronger than Marked Tomioka and Rengoku (IMO), so Akaza won't have it easy.

Tokitou has shown to be more impressive overall. He wins as of now, probably with high difficulty too.
I Don t think Mark Sanemi is stronger than Mark giyu though. He doesn t have any feats that say he is stronger. They are both equal for me. Mark sanemi nearly got kill twice by koku can t even scratch him at all in that one on one fight against him without help so he need more one on one to say he is stronger than Mark Giyu. Agree Akaza wins though he struggle a lot due to Marechi blood and Sanemi is no slouch.

Subjective for me as Mark Tanjiro with all see through and mark should have defeat Akaza on his own without help Akaza only survive due to overcoming head weakness of a demon.Mark Tokitou still has no feat besides being smash by koku to be fair he was facing far tougher opponent. So subjective not sure at the moment. Mark Tanjiro is definetly stronger than Mark Giyu and Mark Sanemi at this point they have no feats as impressive as Tanjiro at the moment. Mark Giyu is definetly weaker than Mark Tanjiro that battle against Akaza prove it.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Tokito would beat Tanjirou if they both have the mark and access to the See Through World. His experience would likely put him over.

Tanjirou beat Akaza, but I'm having trouble believing that he's obscenely stronger than him. Plus Tanjirou's State of Anatta was basically the perfect counter for Akaza's Destruction Compass. I don't think it'd be as effective against others as it was against Akaza.

As for Akaza vs Sanemi, I think it'd depend on how effective Sanemi's blood is against Akaza.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think Tokito would beat Tanjirou if they both have the mark and access to the See Through World. His experience would likely put him over.

Tanjirou beat Akaza, but I'm having trouble believing that he's obscenely stronger than him. Plus Tanjirou's State of Anatta was basically the perfect counter for Akaza's Destruction Compass. I don't think it'd be as effective against others as it was against Akaza.

As for Akaza vs Sanemi, I think it'd depend on how effective Sanemi's blood is against Akaza.
I disagree Akaza was clearly on guard against Tanjiro there is no excuse on his part regardless he even already sense tanjiro has no battle spirit or killing intent. Mark Tanjiro with all see through>>>Akaza pre decaptication immunity there is no debate. I love Akaza but he was loser of that match in normal circumstances

As for mark Tokitou with all see through vs Mark Tanjirou with all see through saying tokitou is mere speculation. No prove or evidence whatsoever that say he win either. Experience is good and well but look at Akaza who has 10 time experience of fighting people more than Tanjiro he got his ass whop only surviving due overcoming head weakness and Tanjiro can t even maintain the mark anymore.

I am suprise many people undermining Tanjiro a lot. Just to let you know I love Akaza,Tanjiro and I like Muichiro. No biase here you guys clearly severly underestimate Tanjiro at this point. Mark Giyu never even come close to cutting Akaza head Off and Mark Tanjiro did

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I Don t think Mark Sanemi is stronger than Mark giyu though. He doesn t have any feats that say he is stronger. They are both equal for me. Mark sanemi nearly got kill twice by koku can t even scratch him at all in that one on one fight against him without help so he need more one on one to say he is stronger than Mark Giyu. Agree Akaza wins though he struggle a lot due to Marechi blood and Sanemi is no slouch.

Subjective for me as Mark Tanjiro with all see through and mark should have defeat Akaza on his own without help Akaza only survive due to overcoming head weakness of a demon.Mark Tokitou still has no feat besides being smash by koku to be fair he was facing far tougher opponent. So subjective not sure at the moment. Mark Tanjiro is definetly stronger than Mark Giyu and Mark Sanemi at this point they have no feats as impressive as Tanjiro at the moment. Mark Giyu is definetly weaker than Mark Tanjiro that battle against Akaza prove it.
I think that they're very comparable to each other but Sanemi is slightly stronger in my books. He was portrayed to be the second strongest Pillar against Koku. Despite his opponent being considerably stronger than Akaza, he still could put up some sort of fight (way more than Tokito, who's portrayed to be among the strongest too). His fighting style is way more dirty and dangerous (their skill with the sword is pretty much equal though). His rare blood would definitely be an issue to be taken into account in this fight too. I don't know, he's slightly more dangerous than Tomioka for me.

I mean, we didn't get to see what Tokito truly was capable of since the moment he got the See Through the World vision he was already pretty much dead, but even so, despite being pretty much dead he dodged all of Koku's attacks and stabbed him in his torso. Even before this power-up, Tokito was portrayed to be among the strongest Pillars. Tanjiro was indeed super impressive but Akaza is nowhere near Koku. Until Tanjiro shows more, IMO Tokito still beats him (albeit with difficulty). It is a little speculative since we don't have too much information, but as of now, it is what I think.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I think that they're very comparable to each other but Sanemi is slightly stronger in my books. He was portrayed to be the second strongest Pillar against Koku. Despite his opponent being considerably stronger than Akaza, he still could put up some sort of fight (way more than Tokito, who's portrayed to be among the strongest too). His fighting style is way more dirty and dangerous (their skill with the sword is pretty much equal though). His rare blood would definitely be an issue to be taken into account in this fight too. I don't know, he's slightly more dangerous than Tomioka for me.

I mean, we didn't get to see what Tokito truly was capable of since the moment he got the See Through the World vision he was already pretty much dead, but even so, despite being pretty much dead he dodged all of Koku's attacks and stabbed him in his torso. Even before this power-up, Tokito was portrayed to be among the strongest Pillars. Until Tanjiro shows more, IMO Tokito still beats him (albeit with difficulty). It is a little speculative since we don't have too much information, but as of now, it is what I think.
I still disagree he has no feats for me to say he is stronger than Mark Tomioka at this point lets leave at that. Koku never saw other pillars fight so his statement isn t true for Sanemi but For Himejima its already been confirm he is strongest pillar. Mark Sanemi has no feats besides putting out a good fight but he never scratch Koku in one on one fight and get nearly kill twice by koku. He needs more one on one feats he get too many assistances. So for me he is equal with Tomioka at this point unless proven otherwise.

You do remember reason Tokito manage to dodge all those attack and stab is due to genya assistance right plus a lot more help from Himejima and Sanemi?koku would wipe Tokito in matter minutes by Koku weren t for Genya assistance and two more pillars. You have no prove Tokitou all see through is stronger than Mark Tanjiro all see through

Problem with Sanemi and Tokitou they get too many help from either genya,Himejima or each other. Tanjiro mop the floor on Akaza(Pre decaptication immunity) without help second one to do so since Muichirou who kill Upper moon 5 with ease.

No one could kill post decaptation immunity Akaza you can put Himejima,Sanemi,Tokitou and Genya they wouldn t beat him either. As he can no longer be kill by anything except the sun and eventually he would slaughter all of them eventually. So Mark Giyu and Mark Tanjiro was facing unstoppable machine at that point.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I still disagree he has no feats for me to say he is stronger than Mark Tomioka at this point lets leave at that. Koku never saw other pillars fight so his statement isn t true for Sanemi but For Himejima its already been confirm he is strongest pillar. Mark Sanemi has no feats besides putting out a good fight but he never scratch Koku in one on one fight and get nearly kill twice by koku. He needs more one on one feats he get too many assistances. So for me he is equal with Tomioka at this point unless proven otherwise.

You do remember reason Tokito manage to dodge all those attack and stab is due to genya assistance right plus a lot more help from Himejima and Sanemi?koku would wipe Tokito in matter minutes by Koku weren t for Genya assistance and two more pillars. You have no prove Tokitou all see through is stronger than Mark Tanjiro all see through

Problem with Sanemi and Tokitou they get too many help from either genya,Himejima or each other. Tanjiro mop the floor on Akaza(Pre decaptication immunity) without help second one to do so since Muichirou who kill Upper moon 5 with ease.
Ok, let's leave the Sanemi vs Tomioka argument here since we don't have enough info to say for sure which one is stronger. Both of us think that they're very comparable to each other. You think that they're equal and I think Sanemi is slightly stronger. Let's leave it in that they're very comparable to each other.

You're right. I don't have definite proof to say that Tokito with See Through the World would beat Tanjiro with See Through the World. However the same applies for you. You can't prove that Tanjiro would for sure beat Tokito. Just because he beat someone far weaker than Koku doesn't mean that he's stronger either. We just don't have enough info since like I said Tokito was already half dead after recieving that power-up and thus we don't know what his full capabilities could have been.

Let's assume that the See Through the World vision of both of them is equal and it gets "cancelled". Who has better feats with the Mark and not taking into account the See Through the World? Even though it's close, I think Tokito is more impressive. He could kill UM5 with relative ease, while Tanjiro was clearly getting overwhelmed by UM3. Of course, it's not the most fair comparison, since Akaza is stronger than Gyokko, but overall, to me it looks like Tokito is slightly more impressive. IMO, assuming that the See Through the World of both of them is equal (no reason to think otherwise as of now) Tokito is overall slightly stronger. That's why I think he wins. Of course, that does not constitute as definite proof at all, it's just my opinion.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Ok, let's leave the Sanemi vs Tomioka argument here since we don't have enough info to say for sure which one is stronger. Both of us think that they're very comparable to each other. You think that they're equal and I think Sanemi is slightly stronger. Let's leave it in that they're very comparable to each other.

You're right. I don't have definite proof to say that Tokito with See Through the World would beat Tanjiro with See Through the World. However the same applies for you. You can't prove that Tanjiro would for sure beat Tokito. Just because he beat someone far weaker than Koku doesn't mean that he's stronger either. We just don't have enough info since like I said Tokito was already half dead after recieving that power-up and thus we don't know what his full capabilities could have been.

Let's assume that the See Through the World vision of both of them is equal and it gets "cancelled". Who has better feats with the Mark and not taking into account the See Through the World? Even though it's close, I think Tokito is more impressive. He could kill UM5 with relative ease, while Tanjiro was clearly getting overwhelmed by UM3. Of course, it's not the most fair comparison, since Akaza is stronger than Gyokko, but overall, to me it looks like Tokito is slightly more impressive. IMO, assuming that the See Through the World of both of them is equal (no reason to think otherwise as of now) Tokito is overall slightly stronger. That's why I think he wins. Of course, that does not constitute as definite proof at all, it's just my opinion.
To be fair Tanjiro never had the mark in his half his fight against Akaza.he activate his mark the moment he gain all see through world. Only the fight against upper moon 6 daki he awaken mark without All see through world through even an upper moon 6 couldn t scratch him whatsoever and he would kill her if Stamina and mark worn him off. If this mark Tanjiro vs Mark Tokitou without all see through then Muichirou has better feats since he beat Gyokko. But do remember Tanjiro deliver curbstomp battle on upper moon 6 daki with no scratch whatsoever and would easily kill her the problem is stamina which is far worse than others mark users combine. So Mark Tanjiro and Mark Tokitou aren t far from each other even If Tanjiro is weaker.

Mark Tanjiro feats curbstomp Daki upper moon 6 check chapter 81 and 82 for my evidence.

I say Its debatle who is stronger between Mark Tanjiro and Mark Tokitou

Mark Tanjirou has way better feats in one on one fight with no help and would kill this two upper moon werent for stamina problem and stamina problem

Chapter 81 and 82 Mark Tanjiro curbstomp Daki and would kill her weren t for stamina problem. The fact Daki can t regenerate properly due to his dance if fire god make me think he would definetly kill her weren t for Stamina problem.

Mark Tanjirou move so fast he chop Akaza head off without latter being able to react whatsoever despite being full on guard and prepare.

Well this is my opinion lets leave it. I just questioning why everyone undermining Tanjiro recent feats a lot that isn t fair. He is a pillar level and should be top up there as well considering his feats.

Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
To be fair Tanjiro never had the mark in his half his fight against Akaza.he activate his mark the moment he gain all see through world. Only the fight against upper moon 6 daki he awaken mark without All see through world through even an upper moon 6 couldn t scratch him whatsoever and he would kill her if Stamina and mark worn him off. If this mark Tanjiro vs Mark Tokitou without all see through then Muichirou has better feats since he beat Gyokko. But do remember Tanjiro deliver curbstomp battle on upper moon 6 daki with no scratch whatsoever and would easily kill her the problem is stamina which is far worse than others mark users combine. So Mark Tanjiro and Mark Tokitou aren t far from each other even If Tanjiro is weaker.

Mark Tanjiro feats curbstomp Daki upper moon 6 check chapter 81 and 82 for my evidence.

I say Its debatle who is stronger between Mark Tanjiro and Mark Tokitou

Mark Tanjirou has way better feats in one on one fight with no help and would kill this two upper moon werent for stamina problem and stamina problem

Chapter 81 and 82 Mark Tanjiro curbstomp Daki and would kill her weren t for stamina problem

Mark Tanjirou move so fast he chop Akaza head off without latter being able to react whatsoever despite being full on guard and prepare.

Well this is my opinion lets leave it. I just questioning why everyone undermining Tanjiro recent feats a lot that isn t fair. He is a pillar level and should be top up there as well considering his feats.
Ok, I just have something to say. Daki is nowhere near the level of an Upper Moon. She got her head chopped in less than 1 second by Uzui. Uzui also commented how weak she was and questioned if she was truly an Upper Moon. Out of the two, the only one who was a real Upper Moon Level fighter was Gyuutaro. Bringing up Daki is not a feat to take into account, since she's fodder compared to those guys. You also bring up the feat of him chopping Akaza's head but that's already after having acquired the See Through the World technique (which by the way, it counters Akaza's compass technique really hard since that technique is based on sensing an opponent's battle spirit and after acquiring the See-Through the World your battle spirit somehow becomes non-existant, as showed when Akaza said that Tanjiro's battle spirit after having acquired the technique was like that of a plant that should have never moved).

Nobody here is undermining Tanjiro IMO. It's clear that his strength as of now is up there with the Pillars of the current era. That much is obvious. His feats are very impressive too. Just because some people here think that he would lose to Tokito by a hair (who has been portrayed as one of the strongest Pillars) doesn't mean that we're underestimating him. Tanjiro, as he is now, is one of the top dogs of the verse.

But yeah, let's agree to disagree here.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Ok, I just have something to say. Daki is nowhere near the level of an Upper Moon. She got her head chopped in less than 1 second by Uzui. Uzui also commented how weak she was and questioned if she was truly an Upper Moon. Out of the two, the only one who was a real Upper Moon Level fighter was Gyuutaro. Bringing up Daki is not a feat to take into account, since she's fodder compared to those guys. You also bring up the feat of him chopping Akaza's head but that's already after having acquired the See Through the World technique (which by the way, it counters Akaza's compass technique really hard since that technique is based on sensing an opponent's battle spirit and after acquiring the See-Through the World your battle spirit somehow becomes non-existant, as showed when Akaza said that Tanjiro's battle spirit after having acquired the technique was like that of a plant that should have never moved).

Nobody here is undermining Tanjiro IMO. It's clear that his strength as of now is up there with the Pillars of the current era. That much is obvious. His feats are very impressive too. Just because some people here think that he would lose to Tokito by a hair (who has been portrayed as one of the strongest Pillars) doesn't mean that we're underestimating him. Tanjiro, as he is now, is one of the top dogs of the verse.

But yeah, let's agree to disagree here.
Akaza already saw that coming you can t use that as main excuse he lost he already know Tanjro
Has no killing intent and no battle spirit he was preparing for it by putting his guard up and preparing for whats coming. He lost that battle fair and square he is only going to win due to being basically immortal and Tanjiro mark run out of gas. it a fact that Mark Tanjiro with All see through>Akaza(Pre decaptication). i read that chapter multiple times And I pretty sure I am correct.

Well you are right about Daki I suppose she is not as strong as top upper moons. So I guess using her as feat isn t valid.

Well lets agree and disagree and consider this topic over.

Last edited:

Peter16373

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
If it’s a 1v1 between Marked Sanemi and Pre-Decapitation immunity Akaza I’d say it could go either way. Sanemi seemed to be overall slightly stronger than Giyu in their sparring match. So if Marked Giyu was pretty much equal to Akaza for a period of time, Sanemi should be able to do better as he also has his super rare marechi blood which should slow down Akaza a bit. So this match I’d say it’s a 50/50.

Marked Tanjiro vs Marked Muichiro on the other hand. Yeah I am 100% sure Tanjiro wins. Let’s go over their feats a bit.

Base Muichiro was originally losing pretty badly against Gyokko and needed the Demon Slayer Mark to defeat him. Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro is shown to have performed much better against Akaza than Base Giyu did. Giyu was knocked away after blocking a combo with Akaza while Tanjiro was managing to keep up with him for a longer period of time despite taking and blocking a lot more attacks. So Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro >>> Base Muichiro.

Marked Muichiro’s only feat was defeating Gyokko in a wounded state and getting easily defeated by Kokushiho who didn’t even draw his sword. Base Sanemi who is comparable to if not slightly stronger than Base Giyu on the other hand was still capable of barely keeping up with Kokushibo who started using his sword. So since Base Sanemi >> Marked Muichiro than by powerscaling and logic Post-Pillar Training Base Tanjiro >> Marked Muichiro which would therefore mean Post-Pillar Training Marked Tanjiro >>> Marked Muichiro. Even if you give Muichiro See-Through-World I’d say he would still lose to Post-Pillar Training Marked Tanjiro. Since even after getting the See-Through-World he still needed Gyomei’s distraction to land a hit on Kokushibo. So I believe that Marked Muichiro w/ See-Through-World is somewhat stronger than the likes of Base Sanemi and Base Tanjiro but inferior to them in their Marked state.

Seriously, am I the only one that thinks Muichiro is overrated in the strength department? Most people always seems to put him above the likes of Giyu, Rengoku and sometimes Sanemi even though he doesn’t have the feats to back it up. In his Base state he got stomped by Gyokko. In his Marked state he got stomped by Kokushibo who Base Sanemi could somewhat keep up with. It wasn’t until See-Through-World that he managed to catch up to them in their base state.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I disagree Akaza was clearly on guard against Tanjiro there is no excuse on his part regardless he even already sense tanjiro has no battle spirit or killing intent. Mark Tanjiro with all see through>>>Akaza pre decaptication immunity there is no debate. I love Akaza but he was loser of that match in normal circumstances
I guess my main point of contention is that I don't see Tanjirou pulling out a victory 100% of the time if the two were to fight consecutively.

As for mark Tokitou with all see through vs Mark Tanjirou with all see through saying tokitou is mere speculation. No prove or evidence whatsoever that say he win either. Experience is good and well but look at Akaza who has 10 time experience of fighting people more than Tanjiro he got his ass whop only surviving due overcoming head weakness and Tanjiro can t even maintain the mark anymore.

I am suprise many people undermining Tanjiro a lot. Just to let you know I love Akaza,Tanjiro and I like Muichiro. No biase here you guys clearly severly underestimate Tanjiro at this point. Mark Giyu never even come close to cutting Akaza head Off and Mark Tanjiro did
I don't think I am underestimating Tanjirou. As he is right now, even with the See Through World, I don't see him soloing anyone Akaza's level and above that easily.

As for Tokitou vs Tanjirou, with both having the ability to access the See Through World, in the end, I think Tokitou's experience as a swordsman would make the difference in their fight. Akaza had hundreds of years of experience beyond Tokitou, but he didn't have access to the See Through World.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I guess my main point of contention is that I don't see Tanjirou pulling out a victory 100% of the time if the two were to fight consecutively.

I don't think I am underestimating Tanjirou. As he is right now, even with the See Through World, I don't see him soloing anyone Akaza's level and above that easily.

As for Tokitou vs Tanjirou, with both having the ability to access the See Through World, in the end, I think Tokitou's experience as a swordsman would make the difference in their fight. Akaza had hundreds of years of experience beyond Tokitou, but he didn't have access to the See Through World.
Pal then you are denying facts then because Akaza got beaten By Tanjiro no suprise and was full on guard.Plus you have no evidence to prove Akaza(Pre decaptication) would win against Mark Tanjiro with all see through in consecutively fight. I got back to what I said feats and evidences shown so far Tanjiro with mark and all see through world>Akaza(Pre decaptication immunity. This is fact not mere speculation and what If he clearly lost that battle fair and square he even admits it

Tanjiro vs Tokitou is debatle Experience doesn t mean much for me considering Akaza with years experience got defeat and can t even keep up with Tanjiro speed. As for this Its subjective I just agree and Disagree. Akaza not having all see through world. Come on thats like saying Rengoku lost to Akaza because he doesn t have regeneration and Akaza win because he has regeneration. Thats not really fair is it.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
No, I don't see Tanjirou beating Akaza if both are in perfect condition. Akaza was fighting Tanjirou and Marked Giyuu. Tanjirou got one occasion and sliced his head, but it was still not enough. Tanjirou also had the element of surprise.