Discussion The long time prediction thread

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Neverland is a very new Manga in its first arc.
This is the time when wild longtime predictions are the most fun, since we do not know anything about the outside world yet.

What are your thoughts about which characters will live and die?

Will neverland become a manga in which even the maincast is not safe and only 1 or 2 children survive?
Or will Emma be able to save all the children?

Will it be about the children joining a resisttance to fight monsters?
Or will the monster be more complex than we think?

There are many variables which are yet unclear, so feel free to input any thought here about the further way this manga or its characters will evolve in your opinion.

Brandish

aka Brandish
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My bold predictions :) Ch21
  • Norman dies just as he tells Emma his feelings.
  • Ray is actually in love with Emma too.
  • Krone is a wild card but I'm sticking fat with her getting outwitted by Isabella, leading to death.
  • Isabella dies by Norman's sacrifice.
  • There'll be several deaths. Gilda is asking for it imo.
Or we get an ending like The Village (2002)

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My long time predictions:

1) One of the 5 mainchildren will not come out the orphanage alive

2) Emma will stay back to enable everyone to escape and subsequently be forced to become a mama.

3) Either Isabella or Krone will survive the first arc.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Predictions:

1. Isabella and Krone will die.

2. Only Emma and Ray will escape.

3. Gilda will become a mama (that girl is gonna crack)

Kadir0

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
My predictions

1- Somehow Norman and Emma will get outplayed and they only escape with Ray, Gilda, Don, Phil and leave all the other children behind.

2- Emma will promise that she will come back for them before the next shipping and save them

3- Sister Krone will take the fall for this incident.

4- Isabele will emerge unscathed in this incident and keep her work with the demons and live with the remaining kids in the her farm.

Last edited:

Emperor Spriggan

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
My prediction
-Ray will develop feelings for Emma.
-Don will die, but in his final moments, he'll be happy since his long standing wish of being trusted and being useful will have come true
-Krone will also die.
-Isabella will be instrumental in getting the kids to escape, but the demons will capture her, so there will be a moment of weakness where the kids will struggle with either:
(i) Escaping without Isabella.
(ii) Going back for her and saving her.
-Norman will confess his feelings to Emma, then die.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
-Gilda and Don are foh sure going to down if things continue like they are now: Development enough to make us remember their names; Not enough that killing them would be impossible due to popularity
-Enma survives, as she is the narrator of the story
-Isabella will become a ally eventually
-William Minerva has been dead a long time already

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
In case where there´s a escape from the farm and this ones survive the occurence:
-Ray and Norman´s secret will be found out and they will lose credibility over the deed, either it´s done or not, both will lose the trust, of whoever escapes with them, resulting in negative development, guaranteed for both.
-Emma, has to deal with losses in the family and starts losing herself, Norman is forced to intervene and help her conscience.
-Don escapes the farm, but suffers from a scar, or from a serious injury after trying to incapacitate one of the mamas, his value to the group becomes progressively small, until they find populated áreas and rely on Don´s sleigh of hand for stealing. Eventually Don will be caught and offered to the demons due to his code bar, which will force the other kids to try and find ways to hide it or tattoo it.
-Gilda, fails the escape because of Emma´s "I´m gonna save all" mentality, is forced by Isabella to accept the fact that she´s fucked thanks to the actions of others and is given a chance at being a "mama", by Isabella as "pity", goes through some traumatic crazyness afterwards.
-Phil, becomes a very important team member, wisely finds out about Norman and Ray´s backstabbing plan talks and exposes them to the rest of the group, so he can prevent Ray from taking him out, for being "young", after that he will probably have more panel time related to the Minerva guy, there could be a connection between both.

In case, Mama wins and the Children stay on the farm, emma if still alive becomes mama, otherwise it will be Gilda. Ray, might get to become a breeder due to Isabella´s influence, same thing or a escape plan might actually suceed with Phil as well, but I doubt that boy will be killed, he´s far too smart. Norman and Don die 100% guaranteed.

NiNtEnDoFaN

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are my predictions!
1). Emma, Ray, and Norman will survive, but Don and Gilda will die.

2). Phil is Isabella's top spy and has been tracking Ray, Emma, and Norman's movements.

3.) William Minerva is one of a handful of humans that created the "demons" and secretly knows how to defeat them.

4.) Isabella, Grandma, and William Minerva are working together to beat the "demons."

Emperor Spriggan

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Okay, so with the ending of the first arc, and there being a break/interlude between this arc and the upcoming one (?), I have at least 2 predictions of what the second arc will contain:
-What was supposed to happen following the harvest was the Tifari, which is widely speculated to be a festival for the demons. But, with Ray's and the other kids disappearing, Mama is out of offerings. And she can't compromise by offering Phil or any of the younger kids. There COULD be a chance that the demons decide to substitute with her, as retribution, basically unlike Krone, she'll be killed then become food for them, since I don't see an option for the Tifari being cancelled. If I remember correctly, this is an event that's been happening annually, right? I don't think it can be called off, being postponed yes, but cancelling the whole thing? Hardly an option.
-A Norman search/rescue arc. The obvious path for Norman's character (if he isn't dead)is him reuniting with them in the future, as an antagonist (this would be INCREDIBLE), but what if next chapter, through some means, Isabella divulges Norman's fate to them?
Something like:
By doing this of course, Isabella makes sure that they don't win completely. She gives them hope, and at the same time despair. They don't know whether or not they can trust her words, and at the same time, they want to believe Norman is still alive. It's a bittersweet piece of information, but one that they can't exactly afford to ignore. So basically, the next arc will focus on them searching for Norman, or if he is being held for the Tifari, they could try sneaking into the demon's holdfast and saving him.
Personally I'd honestly love that,rescue mission arcs are my second favorite in Shonen. :zomg:amuse Only second to tournament arcs. :yay
If the Tifari is a Demon Tournament arc like the Dark Tournament in Yu Yu Hakusho :datass

Xguard

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Since it begins new Arc, I think we should predict new long term theory :D

This Arc's beginning makes me think of something.

At first, I thought that these demons come from nowhere. Maybe they come from outer space or different dimensions. And then they annihilate mankind, take over the earth and make human slave(scientist, Mama, etc).
In that case, it should be only new creatures that invade the earth.

But when I see the tree... no it's not like that. If these demons come from outer space or different dimensions and annihilate the mankind..., it has nothing to do with mutant tree like Alva Pinera.

Then I think if the trees have also been mutated, is that mean there's no demon to begin with. I mean these demons is FORMER HUMAN!?
They have been mutated because of some biological or chemical or nuclear weapon.
And they must eat human's brain to maintain their human's part(or at least the conscious as a human). If any demon don't eat brain for quite a while, they will eventually become low level demon like the one that look like pets(that chase after children).
And the scientist that Krone got the pen from, is experimenting about the way to cure (he may also be the one to make human mutated anyway). And he may also be William Minerva himself(with W.M. on the pen).

These children aren't mutated because they were born from Artificial insemination.

That's all I can guess.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I think Emma and Ray will become Demons like Sonju and Musica, given the recent chapter.

Emperor Spriggan

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
-Sung Juu will die since the demons will catch up with the kids soon, so he'll stay behind to fend them off as the (remaining) kids try to make their way into the human world.
-Isabella will be promoted to Grandma in 2 years time.
-There will be a new Mama, who will be more brutal than Isabella, she won't bother hiding her true persona in front of the kids.
-A good amount of the kids will die before they clear the forest.

Calbalacrab

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
-Sung Juu will die since the demons will catch up with the kids soon, so he'll stay behind to fend them off as the (remaining) kids try to make their way into the human world.
-Isabella will be promoted to Grandma in 2 years time.
-There will be a new Mama, who will be more brutal than Isabella, she won't bother hiding her true persona in front of the kids.
-A good amount of the kids will die before they clear the forest.
Agre with everything here. The new mama seems promising!
I add:
- some kids will die but some will become main characters.
- some kind of relationship between Emma and Ray, and that being the reason their friendship with Norman will be corrupted
- SoonJu and Musica die to protect the children until they escape somewhere safe
- maybe we will get a time skip when they leave the two demons behind, and that is something I look forward too, cause kids need to grow up so we can see something even more creepy

Emperor Spriggan

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
- SoonJu and Musica die to protect the children until they escape somewhere safe
I don't see Musica dying, somehow her peaceful demeanor and how she usually is the one who ends up making means for the kids makes me think that she'll be a long running character. Her role in the story now is kind of like a second Isabella, except this time an Isabella without any ulterior motives :)
- some kind of relationship between Emma and Ray, and that being the reason their friendship with Norman will be corrupted
:blink
Pearl Harbor? :XD

Manda

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't want either of these. The last thing we need in the manga is love triangles, those never, ever work out well, especially in shonen mangas. And I've grown too attached to Sung-Joo and Musica already. :(

Unfortunately, while I don't really see the first happening, I too get a feeling at least Sung-Joo might end up dying and I don't even know why. He's just being a mentor to Emma and mentors almost always die. Sucks.

Agre with everything here. The new mama seems promising!
- some kids will die but some will become main characters.
Now this... is it bad I'd be on board with it? I mean, there's a lot of children. Maybe some of them getting picked off would allow characters like Anna to become more relevant. If there's less people to share panel time with, then... maybe?
I'm horrible, sorry. :s

Calbalacrab

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Lol :XD I hate love triangles too, but it always seemed to me pretty strange the author let us know Norman loved Emma (as much as an eleven years old can really love), if not meant to be used somewhere in the manga at some point.

Musica being a regular... mmm I don't know, I don't feel those "vibes" from her.

And as badly as it sounds, yes, I too "hope" some kids will leave the spot so we can get regulars. I think it's gonna be: Emma, ray, gilda, don, Anna( the girl that cut her hair right?), the kid with the big nose, and maybe the dark skin little girl since she's been with ray in few moments (can't remember the name)

Manda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lol :XD I hate love triangles too, but it always seemed to me pretty strange the author let us know Norman loved Emma (as much as an eleven years old can really love), if not meant to be used somewhere in the manga at some point.

Musica being a regular... mmm I don't know, I don't feel those "vibes" from her.

And as badly as it sounds, yes, I too "hope" some kids will leave the spot so we can get regulars. I think it's gonna be: Emma, ray, gilda, don, Anna( the girl that cut her hair right?), the kid with the big nose, and maybe the dark skin little girl since she's been with ray in few moments (can't remember the name)
Personally, I always assumed Norman loving Emma was brought up so early on as an excuse for him to want to bring everyone along. If he sided with Ray, it'd make Emma's protagonist goals a lot harder. :amuse And maybe just to have the token character that likes the MC (although I am happy that's not all there is to him, certain mangas pull it off very badly...).

I think her name is Jemima? I hope she lives too, it'd crush Ray to see her go. :(
That sounds like a reasonable cast! Maybe it's harsh, but I don't even know a lot of the smaller kid's names and I feel like if they're barely getting focus then they're pretty "expendable"... everyone you mentioned has at least had active roles/lines so they'd be good to keep around. Plus, I've mentioned this a couple of times but I feel like Emma's going to snap at some point; and what better way to achieve that than something like this?
I feel terrible for saying it lol

Emperor Spriggan

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Personally, I always assumed Norman loving Emma was brought up so early on as an excuse for him to want to bring everyone along. If he sided with Ray, it'd make Emma's protagonist goals a lot harder. :amuse And maybe just to have the token character that likes the MC (although I am happy that's not all there is to him, certain mangas pull it off very badly...).
Really? I assumed Norman's love for Emma was the author trying to humanize Norman, and give him at least a positive attribute, since in the light of all we've seen about Norman, he's a pretty disturbed kid, even before Emma learned how to kill in this most recent chapter (and animals at that), he was willing to kill (Krone and Ray), and those are human beings like him. That can't be a proper mindset for a kid that young :s

Manda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really? I assumed Norman's love for Emma was the author trying to humanize Norman, and give him at least a positive attribute, since in the light of all we've seen about Norman, he's a pretty disturbed kid, even before Emma learned how to kill in this most recent chapter (and animals at that), he was willing to kill (Krone and Ray), and those are human beings like him. That can't be a proper mindset for a kid that young :s
Oh, I definitely agree that has a part in him loving her at all! I just thought establishing it as early as chapter four was convenient to rationalize why exactly they were going to try and escape with everyone. :) Otherwise maybe they could've made us suspect his morals when he stated that just to bring up his love later and make us feel for him?
I actually do think the love did humanize him a lot and since it's such an important part of who he is and what decisions he takes, it may actually be important in the future beyond the token love interest kind of thing which is refreshing.