Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess going to Germany to meet up with [user]eni[/user], [user]sahugani[/user], and [user]kaylee[/user] was probably one of the scariest things I've done. Went out of my comfort zone in a strange land where I knew basically no one, far from my host family in London.

I confess I do not regret it, had tons of fun and enjoyed it.

I confess I learned a lot about taking chances, and how going out of comfort zone can be so awesome. If I get too scared to go out of my comfort zone, I will use this moment to make myself go out.

I confess I wanna do another meetup like this again.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I had a dream about someone I made up and when I woke up, the dream was still in my head, I knew I was awake, but I still wanted to continue being with that person.

Talk about forever alone. :fail

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I confess something really nice happened today. I went out to see a friend, but we were together just for an hour or two and like usually, I really didn't want to go back home. But no one I called was free, so I decided to take the long way home. I walked, I went through a park and there I saw three guys: one was lying on one bench and the other two were sitting on another, one of them was playing an acoustic guitar and singing, the other one was singing with him. And something came over me. I smiled and as I was passing by, I asked them "Do you mind if I join you?" and of course, they said "yes". So I sat on the bench, beside them. And it was reaaaally nice, they were really fun and cute and things. xD One of them had the most amazing blue eyes and black hair and I really really liked him. Later they went to play basketball and because they were all going in my direction, I joined in. The guy I liked got out of the tramb one stop before mine and the other two - on my stop, because they live in my neighborhood. I was really struggling to ask them about numbers or Skype or anything, but in the end I couldn't, and we parted ways. And because they didn't ask either, all I could say was "we could see eachother again sometime" and one of them replied "yeah, we might meet again in the neighborhood". :sweatdrop I guess that, in the end, it's a bit awkward for a girl to start talking with people, just like that.

And the guy I liked, he said he graduated uni in Denmark and was going back there in a month to work there. *big sigh* And he was the one talking to me the most and as he was getting out of the tramb, he smiled SO VERY NICELY and I just died inside. But I had a really nice time. And I might never see him again.

So, what do you think guys: is it weird for a girl to randomly start talking to two guys, has it happened to you? I think it's considered normal, especially in my situation, where I was interested because of the music. But I'm starting to think that society doesn't really see that as normal, people are too reserved in general.

But I'm definitely doing this again.
 
Last edited:

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks goldb! (Reserving thanks from milly, who is a shameless corruptor of youth :pwnge)

Turns out that what happened didn't impact things at all, and I got done my homework successfully (but failed my quiz. Ah what the hell, everyone else failed and the prof screwed up an example - this is what happens when you have a quiz following July 4th hangover land.) I confess things are somewhat stable right now, though a lot of chaos marches on since people in business circles are either minor assholes, dickweeds, and hemorrhoids.

Adi, it's not weird to chat with random people. Everyone likes to be appreciated and talking to others reasserts that. Though I've had it backfire.

Haha, one of my classmates decided to chat before class with a random guy in class and he immediately asked her out on a date. For reference, she's gorgeous but the guy looks totally horrid (thin, never showers, stutters, hair a total mess), plus the guy is a fellow physics major and I think he might've asked me out but I think I ignored him (I get so absorbed in my studies that I despise distractions, though it says a lot about the quality of the guys in my department when I ended up going out with the guy who used to be on the local swimming team and even that didn't work out; another classmate decided to only date outside the major). After telling me what happened, she then turned it into an "everyone is invited" study event.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I had a dream about someone I made up and when I woke up, the dream was still in my head, I knew I was awake, but I still wanted to continue being with that person.

Talk about forever alone. :fail

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I confess something really nice happened today. I went out to see a friend, but we were together just for an hour or two and like usually, I really didn't want to go back home. But no one I called was free, so I decided to take the long way home. I walked, I went through a park and there I saw three guys: one was lying on one bench and the other two were sitting on another, one of them was playing an acoustic guitar and singing, the other one was singing with him. And something came over me. I smiled and as I was passing by, I asked them "Do you mind if I join you?" and of course, they said "yes". So I sat on the bench, beside them. And it was reaaaally nice, they were really fun and cute and things. xD One of them had the most amazing blue eyes and black hair and I really really liked him. Later they went to play basketball and because they were all going in my direction, I joined in. The guy I liked got out of the tramb one stop before mine and the other two - on my stop, because they live in my neighborhood. I was really struggling to ask them about numbers or Skype or anything, but in the end I couldn't, and we parted ways. And because they didn't ask either, all I could say was "we could see eachother again sometime" and one of them replied "yeah, we might meet again in the neighborhood". :sweatdrop I guess that, in the end, it's a bit awkward for a girl to start talking with people, just like that.

And the guy I liked, he said he graduated uni in Denmark and was going back there in a month to work there. *big sigh* And he was the one talking to me the most and as he was getting out of the tramb, he smiled SO VERY NICELY and I just died inside. But I had a really nice time. And I might never see him again.

So, what do you think guys: is it weird for a girl to randomly start talking to two guys, has it happened to you? I think it's considered normal, especially in my situation, where I was interested because of the music. But I'm starting to think that society doesn't really see that as normal, people are too reserved in general.

But I'm definitely doing this again.
Honestly, I never saw anything wrong with girls randomly talking to two guys. No idea why society frowns upon that or calls girls like that whores, especially when no sex is involved. I personally don't find it weird but of course, I'm not an uptight jackass.

Thanks goldb! (Reserving thanks from milly, who is a shameless corruptor of youth :pwnge)
What did I do?! :gwah

Turns out that what happened didn't impact things at all, and I got done my homework successfully (but failed my quiz. Ah what the hell, everyone else failed and the prof screwed up an example - this is what happens when you have a quiz following July 4th hangover land.) I confess things are somewhat stable right now, though a lot of chaos marches on since people in business circles are either minor assholes, dickweeds, and hemorrhoids.
BE POSITIVE! SEE! and weed out the dicks. :teehee




I confess I really do believe in karma. Explains how I get good karma, at least from people, usually.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I confess I had a dream about someone I made up and when I woke up, the dream was still in my head, I knew I was awake, but I still wanted to continue being with that person.

Talk about forever alone. :fail

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I confess something really nice happened today. I went out to see a friend, but we were together just for an hour or two and like usually, I really didn't want to go back home. But no one I called was free, so I decided to take the long way home. I walked, I went through a park and there I saw three guys: one was lying on one bench and the other two were sitting on another, one of them was playing an acoustic guitar and singing, the other one was singing with him. And something came over me. I smiled and as I was passing by, I asked them "Do you mind if I join you?" and of course, they said "yes". So I sat on the bench, beside them. And it was reaaaally nice, they were really fun and cute and things. xD One of them had the most amazing blue eyes and black hair and I really really liked him. Later they went to play basketball and because they were all going in my direction, I joined in. The guy I liked got out of the tramb one stop before mine and the other two - on my stop, because they live in my neighborhood. I was really struggling to ask them about numbers or Skype or anything, but in the end I couldn't, and we parted ways. And because they didn't ask either, all I could say was "we could see eachother again sometime" and one of them replied "yeah, we might meet again in the neighborhood". :sweatdrop I guess that, in the end, it's a bit awkward for a girl to start talking with people, just like that.

And the guy I liked, he said he graduated uni in Denmark and was going back there in a month to work there. *big sigh* And he was the one talking to me the most and as he was getting out of the tramb, he smiled SO VERY NICELY and I just died inside. But I had a really nice time. And I might never see him again.

So, what do you think guys: is it weird for a girl to randomly start talking to two guys, has it happened to you? I think it's considered normal, especially in my situation, where I was interested because of the music. But I'm starting to think that society doesn't really see that as normal, people are too reserved in general.

But I'm definitely doing this again.
Nice I wish I had people to jam with and just do some random music. I had many musician friends in the past but now I have only like one or two :crying

I think it's not weird for girl to do that but it is unusual I must say because most girls like guys to approach them.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I think Adis girls that initiate are hot. :derp

Earthforge is a physics major? :uguu

/fangirling
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
BB, if we ever meet, let's jam. :p
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Yes, Googz, go to Bucharest in the end of August! :arf

We're defnitely having a bigger meet somewhere next year, right? If we do, you should definitely come, Googz!
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
End of August? Will there be a meeting? Hmmmm. I might go to Turkey with a bud then. :/

Definitely! But where? I want to go to an interesting place!
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah, we're having a meeting in Bucharest in the end of August. See if you can meet Gumi when going to Turkey! \o/

I really want there to be a London meet, but we'll see, gotta plan it first. Come on Skype, we talk about such things often. :3c And look around in the Conventions and Meetings sections from time to time to see what we have planned. ^^

And I know what you mean about being shy but still wanting to see people, I feel the same way! :hug I'm so nervous yet excited about the Bucharest meet. :XD
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I confess that I didn't know about it beforehand. Moreover, when I saw the pics on fb I was like D:
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Don't worry, we still have plenty of opportunities in the future. And you weren't in Berlin were you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top