Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
No. I don't ever want to buy my own food or clean my own apartment.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
No. I don't ever want to buy my own food or clean my own apartment.
It's gonna have to happen sooner or later; unless you intended to live with your mum forever :oh At least now you're young enough to troubleshoot life.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It won't be that bad :XD Doing my own laundry would be fine since I don't like people touching my stuff but cooking and cleaning; :arf

How far are you moving from your parents?
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Close enough to come home every other weekend and steal food. :3
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I can't say it's true Insomnia. I like the night time, it's peaceful, it's cathartic...it probably relates to me having chronic night terrors as a child. But in any case I'm not sure what remedies you're referring to.
I like the night too. I think that the most natural remedies I've found are either listening to music or watching TV. It's proven that your brain activity is extremely low when you watch television, so it helps me get my mind off of things and relax. Not to mention, I find TV really boring so it puts me to sleep pretty well.

Music makes my imagination go wild, but it's closer to dreaming than actually thinking I think. Don't just lay there in bed in silence, then you'll just start worrying about everything and thinking about tomorrow or today, or other things that keep you up. ...Er, at least that's what I do. XD Granted, it usually takes me about an hour to go to sleep form the time I get in bed, but that's not too long.

I just have bad attention-span at times and can get distracted. So I end up bartering with myself in my mind about only needing THIS much time to sleep so I'll stay up another hour............such stupidity.
You should never think like that unless you're studying for an exam!! @_@ Definitely definitely don't think like that.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
why does she have to sign the cancellation agreement? can't she refuse?
No she can't, they can make up enough reasons to kick her out that way. They need to save money, too much people at the department etc.

Silly reasons yeah but the law allows them to kick her when they give her the time to prepare and pay her a compensation :s that's why she still has a chance when she's resisting real hard, she definitely needs a new department though because working with her current boss is impossible at this point.

She actually thought of taking the money though if she can find another good job. Would be so awesome if she found something where she gets the same amount of money and is getting around 50.000 euro compensation too :lmao I would so love that
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Is she applying to other jobs while this debacle is going on?


Gary, you do steroids? WTF? DON'T GO CHRIS BENOIT ON US, MAN
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
No she can't, they can make up enough reasons to kick her out that way. They need to save money, too much people at the department etc.

Silly reasons yeah but the law allows them to kick her when they give her the time to prepare and pay her a compensation :s that's why she still has a chance when she's resisting real hard, she definitely needs a new department though because working with her current boss is impossible at this point.

She actually thought of taking the money though if she can find another good job. Would be so awesome if she found something where she gets the same amount of money and is getting around 50.000 euro compensation too :lmao I would so love that
Kinda feels like my uncle he has been working for a bank for like 30 years and now the guys want to kick him and contract new employees cuse they have lower salaries since banks in the past here used to pay a loooooooooooooooot for they employees and government won't allow them to lower already existant salaries.

They can't kick him without giving him a hige compensation too so they moved him to a bank of another town in hopes that he will resign. But he will hold on firmly cuse he's almost at retirement age. But the guys won't stop moving him form town to town until he quits I feel.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I like the night too. I think that the most natural remedies I've found are either listening to music or watching TV. It's proven that your brain activity is extremely low when you watch television, so it helps me get my mind off of things and relax. Not to mention, I find TV really boring so it puts me to sleep pretty well.

Music makes my imagination go wild, but it's closer to dreaming than actually thinking I think. Don't just lay there in bed in silence, then you'll just start worrying about everything and thinking about tomorrow or today, or other things that keep you up. ...Er, at least that's what I do. XD Granted, it usually takes me about an hour to go to sleep form the time I get in bed, but that's not too long.
I actually started counting back from 100 a few nights ago :lmao

I think the steroids I'm on for this poison oak just makes it 10x worse. And I said it wasn't true insomnia because if I'm actually tired I usually don't fight it. I just don't feel tired like I normally do.

You should never think like that unless you're studying for an exam!! @_@ Definitely definitely don't think like that.
It's hard to not think a certain way. I always find myself doing it even if I have nothing planned the next day :cookiestare


NIGHT OWL :arf
 
Last edited:

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I miss your voices, people! :arf
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
My great grandfather just died. I confess I have mixed feelings about it. For one side at least his suffering has ended, his health hadn't been good for a long time and he cried sometimes when he couldn't do stuff on his own. And he saw his 3 sons grow saw them having kids and then even saw his his great grandchildren so I think he has no regrets when it comes to family. He created his sons with good moral values.

But I feel sad when I look back I remember him and my great grand mother and their smiles which were the most tender smiles I have ever seen. I've aways admired them for being such a beautiful couple after over 60 years being married. When my great grandmother died though it was a tool on my great grandfather hie probably feel into depression. In fact he was so sad we couldn't afford to tell him that one of his sons had died from brain cancer one year after his wife.

I remember some months ago when I was talking to him about some statues in the house and asked about a particular one and he said it was my uncle (his son who died) who had brought it to him. I felt sad that his son had died and he didn't know anything I wondered wether living or dying would be best in such situation.

Recently I start asking my grandfather questions about my greatgrandfather's life and learned so many interesting things. He was a horse jockey and would raise horses and also take part in races. He liked to gamble a lot I had no idea of that side of him :XD

Well I'm sure he had a happy life despise these hard last few years. I don't believe in heaven but I wish he is with my uncle and greatgrandmother now.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
My great grandfather just died. I confess I have mixed feelings about it. For one side at least his suffering has ended, his health hadn't been good for a long time and he cried sometimes when he couldn't do stuff on his own. And he saw his 3 sons grow saw them having kids and then even saw his his great grandchildren so I think he has no regrets when it comes to family. He created his sons with good moral values.

But I feel sad when I look back I remember him and my great grand mother and their smiles which were the most tender smiles I have ever seen. I've aways admired them for being such a beautiful couple after over 60 years being married. When my great grandmother died though it was a tool on my great grandfather hie probably feel into depression. In fact he was so sad we couldn't afford to tell him that one of his sons had died from brain cancer one year after his wife.

I remember some months ago when I was talking to him about some statues in the house and asked about a particular one and he said it was my uncle (his son who died) who had brought it to him. I felt sad that his son had died and he didn't know anything I wondered wether living or dying would be best in such situation.

Recently I start asking my grandfather questions about my greatgrandfather's life and learned so many interesting things. He was a horse jockey and would raise horses and also take part in races. He liked to gamble a lot I had no idea of that side of him :XD

Well I'm sure he had a happy life despise these hard last few years. I don't believe in heaven but I wish he is with my uncle and greatgrandmother now.
Sorry for your loss, man. My condolences to you and your family.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Condolences, BBB. Sounds like he had a heck of an awesome life. Few people can claim to that.

I confess that the politics of a certain space agency is mind-bendingly strange. I also confess I'm a little scared of my own pride and defensiveness causing me to sabotage myself if I go down that path. Heard three stories of notable people having bad choices and getting into unfortunate circumstances.

I confess that whoever invented dress shoes was a total asshole. Have a huge blister after walking in shoes around the conference all day. Fuck that shit, I want to wear my tennies.

I confess that I'll probably zonk out on the keyboard.

*collapses on bed*
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I'm so sorry for your loss, BB! :comfort

I might as well also confess something. I've also lost a family member. Two years ago, on Christmas, my grandfather passed away. He was the only grandfather I actually knew, the other one, my dad's father, never really sticked with the family. He's out there, somewhere, with my uncle and one of my cousins... Anyway, I was so devastated. The funeral was awful, I can't even describe the atmosphere and my feelings. But most of the time I couldn't even say a word. I was just crying all the time and when I wasn't, I was trying not to and I feared that if I opened my mouth, I would start crying again. The cemetery was awful. Really awful. And also, I was so shocked, because here was my grandpa, looking like he's just sleeping, with a smile on his face. And just 2 meters away from him, there was another person. A little girl, so very pale, without any life in her. She was nearly 5 or 6, if I remember correctly. She was the cousin of some childhood friends. Not the best place to meet with them. She died because of a doctor's mistake. I was so scared, I couldn't believe that my grandpa was dead and that was just his body, and also, that little girl... It was really a shocking experience alltogether. There is this thing that people kiss the person who has passed away on the forehead, to say their last goodbye, I'm not sure if it's just our church. When I stepped closer to my grandpa, I just... I couldn't. I couldn't bare to look at him and I was afraid of touching him. And even if I'm not religious... I confess that it's still in my head like I've done something bad, like my grandpa is sad that I didn't do that. That's how I felt then, I felt guilty.

I hated going to the church to mourn my grandfather. I don't believe in the afterlife. But I did it for my grandmother, because she was so lonely. She even imagined him calling her on her mobile once. I've always tried to be strong in front of her and not let a single frown on my face worry her, I wanted her to think that I'm okay, because she was sad when she saw me crying so much at the funeral.

And today I feel okay and I think my grandmother is doing okay too, I visit her every once and a while. But I could never tell people this, that my grandpa died. I wanted to keep it to myself and only let my closest people know. I didn't want to share this and make everyone sad and worry about me, I didn't want to search for attention from something like this. Last winter I was very lonely and on Christmas I just couldn't take it, there was no one to talk to and I just collapsed emotionally, but I've never told you people why. This was why. I feel better about sharing this now. And I think I can finally let go and maybe I won't feel any guilt anymore and when this Christmas comes, I'll be okay.

You don't need to say any comforting words. Thank you for even listening (reading).
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
They had two funerals at the same time? :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yes. Like I said, funerals here are... awful.
Sorry to hear about such a thing. That does indeed sound awkward :comfort

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Both of my grandfathers are dead. My paternal grandfather died when I was 9 or so. He had cancer and was sick for many years, but after a certain point when he was in hospice care my parents decided it was best we remembered him as he was when he was healthy. We didn't even know the extent of his illness until he died. I don't even recall him being ill or him being absent from my grandparent's house.

My maternal grandfather had health problems as well but he dropped dead of a heart attack when I was 15 or 16. It was a weird time in my life so I don't even recall what my feelings were at that time but I remembered seeing members of my family cry and cope and I didn't do any of that. I'm not sure if I just wasn't surprised that he had a heart attack suddenly due to how many health problems he had over the years (ruptured kidney, bypass surgery) but it just didn't effect me like you would expect. My memory of it is bizarre....whatever.
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,108
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really have to stop listening to songs on you tube because music makes feel a range of emotions. So excuse the poor English and lemme say feck u YouTube fer making me all emo all the time. I confess that letting someone go is really hard espically when you love them and I'm trying to be strong ..... but emotionally I'm dysfunctional. When you love someone you feel it - when you miss someone you also know and feel it. When you want to be with-someone - theres a strong force / wave.

Wished I could say that love's over rated. It something that no matter how hard you try - you cant force it to fade. So then I figures, I let it fade naturally and maybe thats for the best despite.... hesitations that are still there.


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top