Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Why do you think that Adi? Like... for example, my sis and my dad have a bad relationship, but I know he loves her...

What makes you think that, though? He probably loves you but has a shitty way of showing his love. Us men aren't allowed to be weak and show something like love, we must be tough and badass!

 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
I need some advice people.

The girl who asked a date with me it said she's tired of waiting and now it hates me. I helped her with doing that... but now she gets near me everytime even while work periods. Such a nuisance.

I will read it after 4 days though, tomorrow i have to travel to Colombia for a business trip, wish me luck :^_^
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Wanna go out with her? Make time.


Don't wanna go out with her? Tell her to fuck off.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Wanna go out with her? Make time.


Don't wanna go out with her? Tell her to fuck off.


Wanna fuck her? Go out with her.
:ohaielmo
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
FYI: I did not write the last part.


You can check it for yourself, Gary. So yeah, don't yell at me. :-_-
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that one of my dearest friends from when I was a kid messages me and told me that she is currently only two hours away from where I am at this very moment. On Monday, after an exam, we're going to meet at my university and see each other for the first time in so many years.

I can't remember feeling so giddy over something! I can't believe I am going to see her again, it feels unreal and I can barely think about studying or anything else.

But I also confess that I know it will only be a few hours and I'm going to have to say goodbye again... I'm very afraid of what it's going to do to me. Because last time I left her, I felt torn in half. It was like the last root I had clinging into the ground was ripped up and I've never learned how to replant myself since. My eyes are burning with tears just thinking about the horrible dread I felt when she asked me what she was going to do without me.

Saying goodbye again will be worth it. No matter how much it will probably hurt to say it again and be freshly reminded of how much I've missed her, I could never let a chance like this escape me.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
As you said, it's so much better to get a second chance than no chance at all. And if she lives two hours from you, then you can meet up a lot. But I know how you feel about catching up with old friends.

I still wish I could find one of my old friends. She's my first kiss, but when I left the school we used to go to, we had a fight that I don't even freakin' remember. Probably somethin extremely stupid. Sucks because I liked her, and I guess she liked me.

I confess that's actually one of my greatest regret. I confess I wish I could find her or at least, remember her last name so I can stalk her on Facebook.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
She doesn't live near me at all. She lives in another state, and has been studying abroad at that. I moved away from her the summer before we started high school. We were neighbors and saw each other everyday back in those days. She's here for a jazz audition at UNT and will be flying back Monday night. I'll only get to see her for a few hours and then I won't know when I'll see her next. I can't sort out my feelings of being daunted to tears and excited beyond belief. I mean...jesus fucking christ. I get to see Andrea again.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Be both, but whatever you are, be happy and know you're lucky to have another chacne to meet her again.
 

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I confess that one of my dearest friends from when I was a kid messages me and told me that she is currently only two hours away from where I am at this very moment. On Monday, after an exam, we're going to meet at my university and see each other for the first time in so many years.

I can't remember feeling so giddy over something! I can't believe I am going to see her again, it feels unreal and I can barely think about studying or anything else.

But I also confess that I know it will only be a few hours and I'm going to have to say goodbye again... I'm very afraid of what it's going to do to me. Because last time I left her, I felt torn in half. It was like the last root I had clinging into the ground was ripped up and I've never learned how to replant myself since. My eyes are burning with tears just thinking about the horrible dread I felt when she asked me what she was going to do without me.

Saying goodbye again will be worth it. No matter how much it will probably hurt to say it again and be freshly reminded of how much I've missed her, I could never let a chance like this escape me.
People change, everybody changes, you may realize that you don't have much in common anymore. It has happened to me more than once, I met my close friends from elementary school and we were like total strangers. I hope everything goes well with you two, I don't want to break your spirit or something, just giving a heads up in case the meeting doesn't go as expected.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I confess that one of my dearest friends from when I was a kid messages me and told me that she is currently only two hours away from where I am at this very moment. On Monday, after an exam, we're going to meet at my university and see each other for the first time in so many years.

I can't remember feeling so giddy over something! I can't believe I am going to see her again, it feels unreal and I can barely think about studying or anything else.

But I also confess that I know it will only be a few hours and I'm going to have to say goodbye again... I'm very afraid of what it's going to do to me. Because last time I left her, I felt torn in half. It was like the last root I had clinging into the ground was ripped up and I've never learned how to replant myself since. My eyes are burning with tears just thinking about the horrible dread I felt when she asked me what she was going to do without me.

Saying goodbye again will be worth it. No matter how much it will probably hurt to say it again and be freshly reminded of how much I've missed her, I could never let a chance like this escape me.
As Myagi said people change. So don't get your hopes too high.

I know it sounds a bit pessimistic but when I came to Brazil and met many of my childhood friends I realized they had changed, we didn't had much in common anymore. And the only thing to do was move on. We meet sometimes but it's not the same as in the past.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Yeah, I had two childhood friends that I felt really strongly connected to when I was a little kid and they grew up to be... totally different to what I did. So we kind of lost contact.

But I'm happy for you, Naomi! Stay strong! :hug
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
It was a blast from the past. We had lunch and then went shopping and got an ear piercing with each other. When we were 12 years old, we got our ears pierced for the first time together. :p I think between the two of us, that I'm the one that changed the most. For sure. Some things are different, but the cores are still there. And she even still makes some of the same jokes. I hope that me changing didn't throw her off too much, because I craved her approval after she instantly obtained mine.

But I was right about the latter part. My head is still throbbing from the drive home. She invited me to stay at her house this summer for however long I wanted to. I was planning on knocking out two classes this summer in 10 weeks, but now I'm rethinking it. To be in Colorado again at her house after a road trip sounds like heaven. I keep telling myself that even though it's goodbye, it's not for five years this time.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Garrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy. Send me some songs.

[xi0]:nomoar[/xi0]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
First of all sorry for posting here sooner guys. I posted my confession after a night out drinking, and to be honest I was kind of nervous to see what you guys posted. Yeah I know, that was pretty silly of me. I love Architecture and I don't think my love for it will ever fade, it's just sometimes I wonder if I want to be an architect or if I simply just have an appreciation for it. For example, I enjoy reading Graphic Design and also Interior Design books, but I also have no interest in becoming a Graphic Designer or an Interior Designer. Architecture is pretty tough to be honest. The main subject is my favourite, but it involves a lot of work and all-nighters are something of an unspoken requirement. I do enjoy the geometry and art related subjects, and hey I even enjoy the classes of one particular subject that involves a lot of physics (not that I'm good at it though). It's less about the difficulty and more about the amount of work to do. It's a five-year course here in my uni and I'm just scared that I might end up failing a year and spending even more money. However, I have already signed up for some other courses just in case, and for now I'm going to stay focused on completing this year as well as I can. At the end of the year I'll decide wether or not I'll continue or try something else.

Hey Crude do you study at UTL?
I have a friend on the second year of architecture that studies there too. Do you happen to know him? His name is Wellington Vinicius.
If I had choosen to stay at Portugal I'd probably be studying there too.
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know him :(. I'm studying in ISCTE-IUL in Lisbon at the moment. Tell him that I like his name though! :)

Anyway, I want to thank all of you for your support. I'll keep in mind the advice that all of you have given me! :)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Don't think you'll fail. As long as you study hard, get tutoring, and focus on understanding the work, then you shouldn't fail. Work hard, do your best, and don't give up, and don't be negative. Be positive. If you love architecture, then work for it. Nothing desired in life comes easy, nor should it.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
First of all sorry for posting here sooner guys. I posted my confession after a night out drinking, and to be honest I was kind of nervous to see what you guys posted. Yeah I know, that was pretty silly of me. I love Architecture and I don't think my love for it will ever fade, it's just sometimes I wonder if I want to be an architect or if I simply just have an appreciation for it. For example, I enjoy reading Graphic Design and also Interior Design books, but I also have no interest in becoming a Graphic Designer or an Interior Designer. Architecture is pretty tough to be honest. The main subject is my favourite, but it involves a lot of work and all-nighters are something of an unspoken requirement. I do enjoy the geometry and art related subjects, and hey I even enjoy the classes of one particular subject that involves a lot of physics (not that I'm good at it though). It's less about the difficulty and more about the amount of work to do. It's a five-year course here in my uni and I'm just scared that I might end up failing a year and spending even more money. However, I have already signed up for some other courses just in case, and for now I'm going to stay focused on completing this year as well as I can. At the end of the year I'll decide wether or not I'll continue or try something else.
I feel as though I could not have read such a prepared and somehow experienced response. I know that Milly said, "don't think you'll fail", but I can't quite agree with him 100%. It seems as though you're prepared for the blow of possibly failing a course or two. And in being prepared, you must have thought at SOME point that you will fail the courses. But honestly, is there anything wrong with that? Who cares if it takes a semester or two longer than you have anticipated? Sure, you might be spending or perhaps your terminology may be "wasting", a bit of money. But are you getting a full ride scholarship? Are your parents paying for all of it? I'll guess that the answer is no. So in the end, it's YOUR time and it's YOUR money. Therefore you should be the one to determine how and when you will dedicate it. If you you close you eyes and try to picture yourself doing something as a career that you can be content and maybe even happy with, and architecture is in that vision, then stick to it.

What else can you do (beside disappoint yourself)?

If not, then move on. That's the only honest advice I could ever hope to provide. And it's mostly from experience. I wish you all the luck, dharma, karma, and happiness in the world.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

And in turn with your honesty, I must also confess that I may or may have not been doing a bit of drinking tonight. My typing is impeccable though. So fuck ya'lllllllll:arf XD But I really do mean what I said. Do what you feel id right in the end.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
She's drinking? Advice nullified. :derp
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Shut up, mother fucker!:arf It was from the heart!
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,100
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm surprised how much people drink in this community while/minutes before being at the computer like any other day... In my case it would be dangerous :XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top