Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
That is some confession up there...

You should. But yeah, if you broke up with him, then oh well. Has he ever been violent like that before?
He claims it has started happening recently and he wasn't like that before. And that he's doing better since we started going out.

But the main thing is that I'm not exactly sure how I feel towards him, doesn't matter if he's the Prince of Bel Air (eh?), if I'm not in love, I'm not in love. So that's that.

You can now continue with your daily lives.

xD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That is some confession up there...



He claims it has started happening recently and he wasn't like that before. And that he's doing better since we started going out.

But the main thing is that I'm not exactly sure how I feel towards him, doesn't matter if he's the Prince of Bel Air (eh?), if I'm not in love, I'm not in love. So that's that.

You can now continue with your daily lives.

xD
How did he become your friend if you have no feelings for him? Did you think he's hot or what? :XD
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
How did he become your friend if you have no feelings for him? Did you think he's hot or what? :XD
xD

I don't really wanna talk about this anymore here, enough spam.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
That is some confession up there...



He claims it has started happening recently and he wasn't like that before. And that he's doing better since we started going out.

But the main thing is that I'm not exactly sure how I feel towards him, doesn't matter if he's the Prince of Bel Air (eh?), if I'm not in love, I'm not in love. So that's that.

You can now continue with your daily lives.

xD
I feel as if he's lying though... but good. If you're not in love, dump the biznitch. Or if you're in an arrange marriage, either learn to love teh biznitch or run.

Let's talk about Charlie's love life. Or lack of thereof. :3c

Wait, does his right hand count? If so, he has an adequate love life, then. :3c

But he's getting so old, he might need arrange marriage. :gwah
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Milly! :smack
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
That's not always the case though. Plus, there are different levels of friendship.
If people that are not your friends are asking for your advice, you need to go get a psychology degree and charge them $200/hr for that shit! :arf



I confess that I feel pretty good about the lab report I'm writing right now. My kovats retention indices match up pretty well with some other lit sources I found. :hee

You'll probably see a confession here in a week telling about how I made a bad grade on it anyway though. :cookiehand
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,056
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Let's talk about Charlie's love life. Or lack of thereof. :3c

Wait, does his right hand count? If so, he has an adequate love life, then. :3c

But he's getting so old, he might need arrange marriage. :gwah
Speaking of arranged marriages.... I got a couple offers previously for this before but its really not my thing so I turned it down.
My parents are not against me marrying someone outside of race or in love, etc. Though it might be different with yours milly?
Recently its been brought up again - an uncle and aunt both have said if they should start looking for someone for me.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What? Biznitch isn't that offensive. D:
Speaking of arranged marriages.... I got a couple offers previously for this before but its really not my thing so I turned it down.
My parents are not against me marrying someone outside of race or in love, etc. Though it might be different with yours milly?
Recently its been brought up again - an uncle and aunt both have said if they should start looking for someone for me.
Why isn't it your thing? I don't think you have to say yes right off the bat, you can meet the girl, talk to her, and possibly even see if you're sexually compatible. But yeah, ultimately it's up to what you feel comfortable with. If you feel comfortable with love marriage, go for it. If you think arranged marriage is a viable but desperate option, then go for it.

I mean, if you're desperate and need to get married or are pressured to, then arranged marriage isn't necessarily a bad thing. But, just remember that rushing into things can be a huge mistake. If your uncle and aunt bug you even if you say no, tell 'em to fuck off. If any of mine from my dad's side annoy me, I'll just remind them how their son/s got divorced or wife ran away, so I can't trust their choice. :verily

Not that I'll choose what others want. I think my definition of the girl I want is different. Definitely different from my married cousin, her mom, and our aunt. <_<

And I dunno about my dad, but my mom seriously doesn't want me to marry out of my color. She prefers Hindu Indian, doesn't like the idea of white, and hates the idea of black or Muslim. I repeatedly tell her I don't care, what happens happens, but she'd keep on going.


It's why I seriously dread anyone bringing the subject of marriage or interracial up in front of my mom. :fear
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Arranged marriage? The only place that makes sense is in political situations where union between two monarchs' heirs would benefit peace and treaty. But in normal middle class or upper class citizens? Sometimes I can't believe it still exists. It's so archaic... If you're planning on bringing children into this world with someone in marriage, you better fucking love that person enough to create a healthy environment for the children. Parents that try to arrange marriage for their children are controlling narcissists. I have a coworker whose parents tried to arrange marriage for her and she said "fuck it" and married a man that she loves despite her parents' opinion of him being 'below' her. You can try to explain the benefits of arranged marriage to me, but I will never understand them.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that I feel pretty good about the lab report I'm writing right now. My kovats retention indices match up pretty well with some other lit sources I found. :hee

You'll probably see a confession here in a week telling about how I made a bad grade on it anyway though. :cookiehand
I confess I wish I had that level of knowledge about my own labs... damn you CO2 laser... :emocat

I mean, if you're desperate and need to get married or are pressured to, then arranged marriage isn't necessarily a bad thing. But, just remember that rushing into things can be a huge mistake. If your uncle and aunt bug you even if you say no, tell 'em to fuck off. If any of mine from my dad's side annoy me, I'll just remind them how their son/s got divorced or wife ran away, so I can't trust their choice. :verily
:shock

I didn't think people in the US still tried to do arranged marriages. Or discriminated in the family based on skin color. Yeesh.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
He broke something in front of me once out of anger. Yeah. I think I should reconsider.

I don't really wanna start a conversation about personal hygiene. xD


Just add this to Adi's list of exes.
get tha fuck out of this shit... that's just the tip of the iceberg darling

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I confess that as much as it makes sense sometimes that someone would want guidance or my opinion, reality dawns on me and it makes no sense why they would ask me. I mean...lol.

Well, maybe I'm underselling myself there. Oh well.
that happens with me too!
there were a couple of times that parents asked me to give advice to their kidds!!! Sometimes I wonder why people think I'm in position to give advice to someonelse
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,056
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What? Biznitch isn't that offensive. D:


Why isn't it your thing? I don't think you have to say yes right off the bat, you can meet the girl, talk to her, and possibly even see if you're sexually compatible. But yeah, ultimately it's up to what you feel comfortable with. If you feel comfortable with love marriage, go for it. If you think arranged marriage is a viable but desperate option, then go for it.

I mean, if you're desperate and need to get married or are pressured to, then arranged marriage isn't necessarily a bad thing. But, just remember that rushing into things can be a huge mistake. If your uncle and aunt bug you even if you say no, tell 'em to fuck off. If any of mine from my dad's side annoy me, I'll just remind them how their son/s got divorced or wife ran away, so I can't trust their choice. :verily

Not that I'll choose what others want. I think my definition of the girl I want is different. Definitely different from my married cousin, her mom, and our aunt. <_<

And I dunno about my dad, but my mom seriously doesn't want me to marry out of my color. She prefers Hindu Indian, doesn't like the idea of white, and hates the idea of black or Muslim. I repeatedly tell her I don't care, what happens happens, but she'd keep on going.


It's why I seriously dread anyone bringing the subject of marriage or interracial up in front of my mom. :fear
Your mom has issues - :p . Just kidding.
In my case I never been a person to be forced a decision on. My parents always have respected my decision not that I ever listened to them either growing up... but I've always tooted my own horn.
Arranged marriage? The only place that makes sense is in political situations where union between two monarchs' heirs would benefit peace and treaty. But in normal middle class or upper class citizens? Sometimes I can't believe it still exists. It's so archaic... If you're planning on bringing children into this world with someone in marriage, you better fucking love that person enough to create a healthy environment for the children. Parents that try to arrange marriage for their children are controlling narcissists. I have a coworker whose parents tried to arrange marriage for her and she said "fuck it" and married a man that she loves despite her parents' opinion of him being 'below' her. You can try to explain the benefits of arranged marriage to me, but I will never understand them.
Its more of a culture or sub culture thing and tradition passed on from the olden days.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Arranged marriage? The only place that makes sense is in political situations where union between two monarchs' heirs would benefit peace and treaty. But in normal middle class or upper class citizens? Sometimes I can't believe it still exists. It's so archaic... If you're planning on bringing children into this world with someone in marriage, you better fucking love that person enough to create a healthy environment for the children. Parents that try to arrange marriage for their children are controlling narcissists. I have a coworker whose parents tried to arrange marriage for her and she said "fuck it" and married a man that she loves despite her parents' opinion of him being 'below' her. You can try to explain the benefits of arranged marriage to me, but I will never understand them.
I think it is preposterous of you to say something like that. You can't judge parents for wanting to arrange marriage for their children it's a cultural thing and judging behaviors based on cultural motives is quite naive I think as it is not one's choice but something that comes from centuries ago.

Also arranged marriage seems to be quite sucessfull in many countries and it seems to lead to a healthy life and less tragedies than our so called love based marriage. Arranged marriages can be a smart thing I guess. But that from a neutral standpoint. My emotional side totally is against it.

Just as Machiavelli said loved can easily be turned into hatred so sometimes we should really wonder if it is the most suitable feeling to have into account when choosing our mates.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Also arranged marriage seems to be quite sucessfull in many countries and it seems to lead to a healthy life and less tragedies than our so called love based marriage. Arranged marriages can be a smart thing I guess.
I disagree. Such societies that are extremely repressive and only appear successful on the outside.

Plus, with all that inbreeding, hello genetic diseases.

Just as Machiavelli said loved can easily be turned into hatred so sometimes we should really wonder if it is the most suitable feeling to have into account when choosing our mates.
Love is a wacky metric. It's more about who would you want to spend your life with. I think everyone has a right to choose instead of being forced into a decision. Just be very careful.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
If people that are not your friends are asking for your advice, you need to go get a psychology degree and charge them $200/hr for that shit! :arf



I confess that I feel pretty good about the lab report I'm writing right now. My kovats retention indices match up pretty well with some other lit sources I found. :hee

You'll probably see a confession here in a week telling about how I made a bad grade on it anyway though. :cookiehand
Hmm...psychology degree...kovats retention indices....it's all coming together :plot

that happens with me too!
there were a couple of times that parents asked me to give advice to their kidds!!! Sometimes I wonder why people think I'm in position to give advice to someonelse
Oh Gawd. I usually avoid that type of scenario. If you see the time I spend with my cousins kids, I'm an awful influence. It's usually me running around the room with them on my shoulders, me hanging them upside down and throwing them around...or me secretly telling them to beat up my brother. It's fun for a couple hours, but it doesn't make me want any of my own any time soon...or maybe ever :sweat

But I think people looking for advice are also looking for just someone to talk to. Almost as much as the advice itself. I didn't mean to sound callous or anything.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Arranged marriage? The only place that makes sense is in political situations where union between two monarchs' heirs would benefit peace and treaty. But in normal middle class or upper class citizens? Sometimes I can't believe it still exists. It's so archaic... If you're planning on bringing children into this world with someone in marriage, you better fucking love that person enough to create a healthy environment for the children. Parents that try to arrange marriage for their children are controlling narcissists. I have a coworker whose parents tried to arrange marriage for her and she said "fuck it" and married a man that she loves despite her parents' opinion of him being 'below' her. You can try to explain the benefits of arranged marriage to me, but I will never understand them.
I have no idea how the Indian tradition started, nowadays it's more of a love marriage than before. And, many kids that get arranged marriage usually give their consent. My mom isn't necessarily against love marriage, she's just more of a racist/xenophobic, but that's a lot of INdians of her generation/from India. Gandhi was married when he was a kid, and if I recall he hated black people or discriminated against them.

Parents think they know best for their kids, and in many cases love can happen after arranged marriage. it's not like you're forced to be in a loveless marriage, and I guess nowadays kids can approve or disapprove. Few of my female friends are getting pestered to get married, and they're 25+. For some dumb reason, ladies in Indian culture have to get married at certain age or something, because older gens see unwed ladies as a bad thing. No idea why.

I can understand arranged marriage well, but I don't agree with the concept. not forced anyway - kids should be willin to go for it. But I do agree it's archaic, at least forcing it is.

I didn't think people in the US still tried to do arranged marriages. Or discriminated in the family based on skin color. Yeesh.
Indians in US do. I think a lot won't force though, but they will keep annoying their kids and bothering them to get married or to get arranged marriage.

Happens, whether black with white, white with brown, brown with black, or whatnot. Any kind of interracial marriage isn't gonna be favorable to everyone in the family, not just Indian families. I'm not saying all look down upon it though.
Your mom has issues - :p . Just kidding.
In my case I never been a person to be forced a decision on. My parents always have respected my decision not that I ever listened to them either growing up... but I've always tooted my own horn.


Its more of a culture or sub culture thing and tradition passed on from the olden days.
No, I actually think she does. Or at least, she's a perfect example of olden ways of thinking. <_<

hi5. My parents, at least mom, don't always respect my decisions like atheism and whatnot. I don't care though, it's not like they'll get affected, but my mom thinks god will smite her too.
I disagree. Such societies that are extremely repressive and only appear successful on the outside.

Plus, with all that inbreeding, hello genetic diseases.
Not necessarily. Many arranged marriage can and do work. Accordin to my mom (she could be lying), my dad's friend and his ex married out of love. Then they divorced because she accused him of stealing money or whatever. I still remember their fights and arguments, especially in the car. She threatened to get out of the car, and I melodramatically said no (you'd have to watch Hindi movies to know what I mean) although I couldn't care less. And a friend of mine (who's like 17 years older than I) got married to someone she loved at 17 against her parents' wishes... turns out he abused her and shit, so after popping out two kids and a decade or so later she finally got a divorce.

Then you have my parents, who argue a lot, and my dad curses at my mom a lot (probably her fault, even though I hate it), but they're still together even though my mom has threatened to run away (stopped paying attention to that, and I tell her to either do it or shut up about it [because I know she won't, and that she knows my dad treats us well and takes care of us, since she defends him when I say bad things about him and vice versa[), thanks to arranged marriage and possibly me. Arranged marriage probably makes one feel like it's a duty to stay married, though that's not really healthy if it's bad marriage.

Though, I do wonder if my mom nagged so much when I was little/before I was born as she does now, as I'm sure my dad must not have been like that. It's definitely hard to get along with her because of her ability to nag incessantly. But again, Indian stuff, and I guess movies. <_< I dunno, because of her ability to make herself look like a victim, I just find it hard to trust her.



Love is a wacky metric. It's more about who would you want to spend your life with. I think everyone has a right to choose instead of being forced into a decision. Just be very careful.
Love is bullshit, and it's just made up for some reason or another. Silly women, they think there's such thing as love. :teehee



I confess that my car is probably the only thing that I trust.




Edit: where'd you get inbreeding from? That doesn't always happen, and it's pretty rare nowadays.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Talking about kids...

there's this one extremely cute kid at my workplace which I would so love to adopt :XD





I know I will regret making this confession
:garbear

No, really, that's adorable :nod
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,056
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But I think people looking for advice are also looking for just someone to talk to. Almost as much as the advice itself. I didn't mean to sound callous or anything.
Makes me think twice about coming to you for advice again :bnah. I don't like opening up about personal issues to people that I don't think as a friend.

On a serious note - I guess there is some truth to it right? I always believed in the friendship bull-s that Naomi went on about in the other post when confiding in someone.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Talking about kids...

there's this one extremely cute kid at my workplace which I would so love to adopt :XD





I know I will regret making this confession
...


I shain't say nothing, as I'm sure I'd likely break the ice once and for all or something.


but...



DAFUQ :arf
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top