Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
A close relative had a health scare and the results of tests were supposed to come out Monday. I was deliberately kept in the dark about it, but it looks like everything is okay now. If I had to wait to Monday......:shootme
:comfort

So your relative is okay?

Oh, and stay away from unwelcome boners pls...kthx
Definitely. :XD

But what do you care? :shifty
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
:comfort

So your relative is okay?



Definitely. :XD

But what do you care? :shifty
Yeah, looks like it. Was a CT scan, there weren't any symptoms or anything.




It seemed to bother you :oh...but now I wonder :hmm

:derp
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
They look like jerks. You can either EARN their respect, or if possible, quit if you think you won't be happy. Though it was kinda dangerous that you were in a car with four or five men. And I'm being serious here. Are they that honorable?
One of them is my team leader, meaning my boss, so it's okay.

And yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do, give it my all and make them see that I am worth of respect. Also, I have bonuses to earn. ^^

wtf Adi... that sounds awful
the awkward thing in the car... it happens, I mean, if the guy wasn't purposely taking advantage of the situation, off course

but the guys don't respecting you , being racist and on top of it all you are the only female there
I hope it gets better for you :hugs
Yeah, I know, it just couldn't be helped in that situation. xD I prefered walking a bit, because I needed to get to a bus station close by, but it was already past 9 PM and they couldn't just leave me. xD He seems like a good guy though, he even said before I got in the car that he's 'married', and I told him I am too. xD I just felt really weird about it. Thinking things like "if my boyfriend knew about this..." and stuff. And hell no am I telling him. He'll be furious. xD

Well the good thing is I usually have to work alone. I don't need to be with them by all times. They might be just flirting with me or whatever, goofing around, for being the opposite sex and all. But I don't approve of that either. xD But men will be men.

I think I could get along with them. I don't need to approve of them though.

But it would be better if they hire more girls in our team soon. xD


Oh and I've been working with them one-on-one for the learning process. They all act normal when it's just me and one of them, but when they get together... :arf Typical man character. Men turn into asses when they group. xD

I confess I blah-blah too much.


Gary, glad your relative is okay.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh and I've been working with them one-on-one for the learning process. They all act normal when it's just me and one of them, but when they get together... :arf Typical man character. Men turn into asses when they group. xD
QFT.

Even at one of the most selective departments of one of the most selective universities the guy students can be such assholes. Seems like the older ones are envious and either are too scared to talk or actively try to make me feel bad, while the younger ones have crushes on me.

I've really just ran into a few guys who I can talk to as friends in the department. I have to stick to business with the rest or they turn tremendously immature and dickish.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
A close relative had a health scare and the results of tests were supposed to come out Monday. I was deliberately kept in the dark about it, but it looks like everything is okay now. If I had to wait to Monday......:shootme



Oh, and stay away from unwelcome boners pls...kthx
Glad everything turned out all right.
One of them is my team leader, meaning my boss, so it's okay.

And yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do, give it my all and make them see that I am worth of respect. Also, I have bonuses to earn. ^^
That's the attitude!

I need to steal desty's pics. The one where a monkey's all smiling and giving thumb up is so appropriate here. Every time.



Yeah, I know, it just couldn't be helped in that situation. xD I prefered walking a bit, because I needed to get to a bus station close by, but it was already past 9 PM and they couldn't just leave me. xD He seems like a good guy though, he even said before I got in the car that he's 'married', and I told him I am too. xD I just felt really weird about it. Thinking things like "if my boyfriend knew about this..." and stuff. And hell no am I telling him. He'll be furious. xD
Your boyfriend is the one with anger problems, right?

:cookiestare

Well the good thing is I usually have to work alone. I don't need to be with them by all times. They might be just flirting with me or whatever, goofing around, for being the opposite sex and all. But I don't approve of that either. xD But men will be men.
Did you tell them that you don't like the way they behave?

Men turn into asses when they group. xD
Untrue for the most part. Few years ago when we were in the cold, I gave a female friend my jacket. Other guys were all "ask for a blowjob" and I'm all "No!"

Though I did think "I wish. :(" But, point is I acted contrary to your statement in group with other men. That's the important point here.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
To be fair, I've ran into a different kind of jerkishness among the college gals too. I've ran into really creepy psychos (one acted just like Vir Cotto's wife from Babylon 5, right down to the genocidal attitudes), outright broken people (these scare me, since I can't read them at all), and simply deceptive jerks.

Is it too hard to ask for decency?!

Untrue for the most part. Few years ago when we were in the cold, I gave a female friend my jacket. Other guys were all "ask for a blowjob" and I'm all "No!"
:huh

Those guys are assholes. I hope you slugged each one. I find it unbelievable that they'd even joke about demanding sex in return for helping someone in the cold.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I think that girls can be real bitches when they're on a pack too...
meaning, jerks will be more comfortable being jerks with another jerks around. The same goes for women
good guys will joke around, but won't be jerks when they are with another guys
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I didn't. Some of 'em bullied or beat me and made my first year of college more depressing. <_<
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yep, I agree with Hardy. Everyone knows back then the market prices were:

  • 1 Coat to the Blowjob
You friends were giving you sound financial advice. Currently with the warming weather and lack of girls needing coats, it has now become a bear market. The current market is at 0.3 coats to the blowjob. Outrageous prices! You should have wisely invested back then, M3J.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm an innocent young girl, don't corrupt me dammit!
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Jerks aren't related to one gender, they're universal :3c
I do agree that what happened to Adorien was really stupid, they shouldn't threat her that way and working in an environment like that probably isn't enjoyable at all. I do wonder if proving them that you're capable of working or worth something will change their minds about you. It could also be how they usually behave between them, guys can be trashy together but in a good way and they're doing the same to you because you're kinda part of the pack now. Maybe if it continues like this you should try to talk to them but it would make the atmosphere really tense and i doubt it would be a good idea. I suggest you to wait and see what happens, just keep on doing your thing! They're probably some macho guys and it's not curable..

The guy's boner was probably awkward for you and him as well and i do understand that you both have relationships but sometimes those stuff just happen, it doesn't mean he 's attracted to you. It was probably just due to the contact, in fact if nothing had happened it would have been weird as well (a guy not having a boner while someone is clearly on them :^_^ well for some at least).

I probably bet if your boyfriend saw some hot girls, he would be like ''damn they're hot'' without even thinking that he has a girlfriend and that he shouldnt look out other women. It's human nature and men are weak. So you shouldn't feel guilty of not telling your boyfriend.

I do wonder what he did after he got that boner? Did he try to explain himself? Or just acted like nothing happened?

Also how do the other guys noticed what happened lol?

@earthforge : What do you mean by crazy psychos? I want some example, its more fun that way :teehee Also how often do you read people? Does it really help you or you sometimes get a wrong impression? I'm curious
 
Last edited:

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Do you guys know that paradox feeling? It's like I'm tired of living a wild life and want to settle down.
But I can't find someone to settle down with and while I don't settle down I feel like I can't just wait around and keep the wild life... what just tires me more
this is fucked up
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think it's a paradox as you clearly want to stop feeling as if you live a wild life and want to settle down. Unless you mean you think that the only way out of wild life is settling down with someone, but since you haven't found someone, you have no choice but to be wild.

Unless you mean single? I'm confused.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
"Unless you mean you think that the only way out of wild life is settling down with someone, but since you haven't found someone, you have no choice but to be wild."
I don't think it's the only way, but it's the idealistic/better way and since I can't find someone to settle down with... I feel restless and can't just settle by myself
it's not exactly that, but it's the better word that I can find atm
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
"Unless you mean you think that the only way out of wild life is settling down with someone, but since you haven't found someone, you have no choice but to be wild."
I don't think it's the only way, but it's the idealistic/better way and since I can't find someone to settle down with... I feel restless and can't just settle by myself
it's not exactly that, but it's the better word that I can find atm
I think society banks too much on the expectation that settling down with a life partner in a house of your own will mellow you out. It's just not economically feasible, let alone respectful towards our views of life partners (often leading to ugly divorces, at least in America).

There's something to be said for seeking balance. You might find that by mellowing yourself out, you attract more attention on the life partner front. Wild parties every now and then can keep you in the loop, but you can still keep balanced by not going overboard.

Whatever you decide, good luck! :super
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Moa, you need some life enrichment to mellow you out. Take the anxiety edge off. You don't moor your ship with one anchor, so don't pin your happiness on one hope. Drop me a line if you need to talk bud.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I do wonder what he did after he got that boner? Did he try to explain himself? Or just acted like nothing happened?

Also how do the other guys noticed what happened lol?
I was in the car for just around 5 minutes. They were all talking about random things. But they probably talked about the situation once I got off. It probably was some more goofing around, like the guys joking about it or something. And there was no way anyone could've noticed what happened. xD I was facing the road, so it was easy for me to ignore what happened and yeah, it all happened too quick. Also, why would he say anything? xD I think he'd do his best to act like it didn't happen too.

Anyway, thanks for your words and understanding, guys. ^^
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
It's not that I expecting someone to be my life partner... it's about quitting the wild life, I'm tired of it and I know that I can quit it and be on my own
but the "not doing anything" get me resteless and miss doing something with someone
and that's really strange because for a long time I've been kind of the lone guy who don't mind to be by myself.. now I get anxious as you would say
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
"Unless you mean you think that the only way out of wild life is settling down with someone, but since you haven't found someone, you have no choice but to be wild."
I don't think it's the only way, but it's the idealistic/better way and since I can't find someone to settle down with... I feel restless and can't just settle by myself
it's not exactly that, but it's the better word that I can find atm
It's not an idealistic/better way, at all. What's idealistic/better is what you WANT, not what you THINK is important. If you think settling down with someone is important, then you won't be happy. If you do want to settle down with someone, you will be happy. Though, you don't need to settle down with someone to get rid of your wild ways. There are many ways to do it, like taking up a hobby or just hanging out with friends.

Forcing something is never good, in my opinion. Try dating, try going out and meeting new people.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top