Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yes, I knew beforehand. Roughly 8 years ago, she had an allergy to Nutella (when it first made itself apparent to us). This was her second major exposure to Hazelnut, which made it all the worse.

I threw out everything because... I'm not really sure. Everything else is apparently labeled I suppose, but I wanted everything gone. It was mostly an emotional response, but I'd imagine you'd feel the same after the experience.

And omfg yes, there is typically an obligatory mention of nuts being an ingredient in some shape or form within the candy industry. I guess that doesn't apply to cereal. skjhdfkjshdf. I'm just looking for someone to blame I guess, but at the same time, I think I'll inform the cereal company. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.
Well, she's old enough to know to stay clear of that shit, I think :XD

I don't know. Hazelnut is kind of a weird thing to be allergic to, I haven't heard it before I think. I know people will say they have a nut allergy, but it's typically peanuts and that one can be incredibly severe for some.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I would have, like, eaten everything.... for her of course.... Hope your sister is doing better now.
I know it's a waste, but looking at it made me feel sick, so I put it in the trash. :bored

Well, she's old enough to know to stay clear of that shit, I think :XD

I don't know. Hazelnut is kind of a weird thing to be allergic to, I haven't heard it before I think. I know people will say they have a nut allergy, but it's typically peanuts and that one can be incredibly severe for some.
Yes, she is typically over precautions. . That's why is put me off so much I think. Typically, she looks at the label herself and warns ME that it has nuts. Even when she was 7 years old. Hazelnut is a tree nut, so you wouldn't think of it off the top of your head but it's still a type of nut nonetheless.

Imagine how peanuts kill a kid without warning. She's also potentially deadly allergic to peanuts, but it's nothing compared to hazelnuts.
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Wait does that mean your sister will never be able to eat Nutella?

Her life must really suck.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think Nutella is kind of overrated personally. If it made me violently ill, I wouldn't be too upset...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Nutella is definitely overrated. It's not bad, but it's not that good either. It's bitter.


Like most chocolate. And like Gary. :(
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
I love nutella...

Also I know how your sister feels. I have so many different food allergys it isn't even funny anymore.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Wait does that mean your sister will never be able to eat Nutella?

Her life must really suck.
That, as well as peanut butter, and virtually all other types of nuts. She's allergic to so many things. I've only ever had a reaction to a certain type of deodorant and the occasional sniffles around a couple of animals. I don't know how she got such a horrible deal there. I can't imagine life without peanuts and all that jazz.


I think Nutella is kind of overrated personally. If it made me violently ill, I wouldn't be too upset...
I absolutely love Nutella. Although it is a bit strange how it has a cult following... XD I asked her if she liked the taste of the cereal, and she said it wasn't that good. I guess she doesn't even really enjoy the taste of it anyway, so it's not a major loss or anything.

Nutella is definitely overrated. It's not bad, but it's not that good either. It's bitter.

Like most chocolate. And like Gary. :(
It's no where near as bitter as Gary.

I love nutella...

Also I know how your sister feels. I have so many different food allergys it isn't even funny anymore.
Really? What're you allergic to? I didn't know.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I absolutely love Nutella. Although it is a bit strange how it has a cult following... XD I asked her if she liked the taste of the cereal, and she said it wasn't that good. I guess she doesn't even really enjoy the taste of it anyway, so it's not a major loss or anything.
I like it, don't get me wrong. But people seem to talk about it like it's ambrosia in spreadable form and I would take peanut butter over it most of the time. But that's just me.

It's no where near as bitter as Gary.
Bitter? I think you meant "Semi-Sweet" :heh
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
No, she means bitter.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Because you're mean, sarcastic, negative, and bad at comprehension.
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Really? What're you allergic to? I didn't know.
My two main Food Allergies are Artificial Fruit Flavoring (Something to do with the chemicals that they put into it.)
and Seafood.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I have an intolerance for peanuts and some other legumes but not tree nuts. I actually dont know if its an allergy or an intolerance, allergies have a quite specific definition. But I cant eat them otherwise my throat is fucked.

...Not literally of course. I dont go looking for throatjobs after I have some skippy.
 

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,927
Reaction score
1,962
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
My dad is out of the country right now, and he asked me to do some housekeeping for him while he was away. (My parents are divorced, and I live with my mom.) Earlier today I went to his house to check his mailbox, look for documents he asked me see to get and basically see if everything was okay. While I was looking for those documents, I came across his photo album and a high school yearbook- naturally I snooped.

I've looked at the photo album and yearbook before, but it was nice looking at them in my own terms without my dad looming over and pointing out everything. My dad, whom I've alway pictured as an adult, was actually eighteen years old once upon a time! :XD There were photos of him during his university years, my parent's happier moments, and even my brother and I when we were young. I'm familiar with my mom's youthful days, but it was nice to know my dad's too. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top