Archived The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
All this talk about manipulating people reminds me of a friend of mine. Whenever we're at a party he keeps trying out these experiments on people. That's what you get when someone watches Death Note, has Psych 101 and has an unhealthy interest in Derren Brown. Thing is he's the one getting messed with by another friend of mine.
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess that the last 10 pages of this thread have made the strangest black comedy bedtime story. Complete with milly jokes, drinking stories, and random element of the day which is... y'know, it just can't be put into words.

I don't know no 'better people'.
In the immortal words of Mr. Spock, "sir, you are employing a double negative."
 

faintsmile1992

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
509
Reaction score
193
Gender
Female
Country
Casterly Rock
I confess my English isn't perfect. :p

And CrudeCross, people 'mess with' and manipulate one another all the time, there's a reason why social intelligence is also called Macchiavellian intelligence.
 

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,443
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
I confess that while I believe in freedom of choice, I am rather bad at embracing it in a fulfilling path of hardship, when it comes to the matters of the heart. Hear me dear Nothing, I am not regretful at all, because I see the other me standing tall everywhere and I don't envy him, since he is blind to many more things that make us weaker. But he also radiates a glow that seems soothing. Thankfully for me there are many more, coming from different places, different faces, yet not exactly similar to this one and that's for the best, for I have seen how quickly this one withers.

On another note, I confess that I don't judge anybody and I don't judge myself, and vice-versa. I also confess that I know nothing and that I know it, which is indeed easier and more difficult at the same time. And I confess that I don't believe in entertaining, but in sharing, and that I see in judgement and entertainment two very sturdy obstacles to sharing.

I confess that I can’t play with life and feelings, and that if I do to someone else’s eyes, I want this someone to understand that it pains me, for I know that my humour creates misunderstandings that equals to the length of Kevin Hart’s father’s rod.

I confess that I try to fight the best police with wisdom rather than with its own weapons. Until the next confession, dear Nothing, I praise you for all that we don’t and less.
 

shinsengumi

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
1,443
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
i confess that teubier's last confession made me lose all my inspiration for a confession because no matter what i say now , it will sound shallow
i hate your sophisticated mind teubier :shakefist
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I confess that Samsung bug's song is set as my phone ringtone and I'm proud of it:oh

[c]I confess that made me laugh but - it's not something you should be proud of - le arf.[/c]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I confess I wish to wear Darth Vader's completed armor, come to the amphitheater, and teach the neck's anatomy. After strangling one of the anatomy teacher as a practical illustration.
One of them is seriously.... :fail
 

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
865
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I confess I slept in on a school day cause I couldn't sleep and stayed up doing homework. But it is done!

And CrudeCross, people 'mess with' and manipulate one another all the time, there's a reason why social intelligence is also called Macchiavellian intelligence.
And that by no means makes what they do right. Always remember that there is always somebody smarter and with far less moral backbone then you. They would use you like spare Kleenex in a second, to say nothing of others. The only safety is in fighting this... aberrant behavior, is to band together and keep to the Golden Rule. Otherwise you become another bully on the block to be wiped out by a stronger one. Youth and courage loses to old age and treachery.

The internet is possibly the worst block to be a bully in, because there are many more people more bellicose than any of us could try. Try to compete with them and they can wreck your life, 'cause everything on the Internet is permanent.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess today I confessed my crush to someone. Kinda got rejected, but I don't feel down at all. I actually feel better because I finally revealed my crush and got it out. Maybe there's a chance in the future, maybe not, but I feel good.

I confess I feel like myself again, being positive and all.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I confess today I confessed my crush to someone. Kinda got rejected, but I don't feel down at all. I actually feel better because I finally revealed my crush and got it out. Maybe there's a chance in the future, maybe not, but I feel good.

I confess I feel like myself again, being positive and all.
Yeah, it's nice to get that type of thing off your chest, regardless of the outcome.

You're usually positive? :oh
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Used to be. Optimistic and all, but that's mostly for different reasons.


Either way, I'd still rather be friends with her than nothing at all. Sucks to see people not talk to each other just because they've broken up or love isn't reciprocated.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Used to be. Optimistic and all, but that's mostly for different reasons.


Either way, I'd still rather be friends with her than nothing at all. Sucks to see people not talk to each other just because they've broken up or love isn't reciprocated.
A crush isn't necessarily love though, the problem is when things are implied and people don't talk about it.

Just don't torture yourself, unless you're into that sort of thing :nod
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Oh, I told her I had a crush on her because of her amazing personality. It's true, but I omitted the fact that she's pretty too. I tell her this whenever she posts a new pic though, so it's all good. If I wasn't so shy in high school, I'd have had her or another girl as my girlfriend, likely. She's my second or third crush.

I am, but it's not a torture to stay friends with her. I probably feel more comfortable around her now, though not totally (there's only three or four people I'll ever feel comfortable with). Majority are uptight asses, so it's hard. -.-


I confess my first love was years ago in kindergarten. I confess my only regret around that time was leaving the school on bad terms with her, and I don't remember why. I think it's one of those little kids spat about anything.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I confess I slept in on a school day cause I couldn't sleep and stayed up doing homework. But it is done!

And that by no means makes what they do right. Always remember that there is always somebody smarter and with far less moral backbone then you. They would use you like spare Kleenex in a second, to say nothing of others. The only safety is in fighting this... aberrant behavior, is to band together and keep to the Golden Rule. Otherwise you become another bully on the block to be wiped out by a stronger one. Youth and courage loses to old age and treachery.
The internet is full of fake tough guys and girls. It is kind of cute, really. Trying to act all provocative and edgy, it would be adorable if it were not so pathetic. While I think to much of myself to brag about something as banal as being manipulative, who am I to judge someone who does. I'm getting old, maybe being manipulative is what all the cool kids brag about these days. Still, I am sure there are much cooler things to brag about.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The internet is full of fake tough guys and girls. It is kind of cute, really. Trying to act all provocative and edgy, it would be adorable if it were not so pathetic. While I think to much of myself to brag about something as banal as being manipulative, who am I to judge someone who does. I'm getting old, maybe being manipulative is what all the cool kids brag about these days. Still, I am sure there are much cooler things to brag about.
Being manipulative doesn't even require a great deal of intelligence. It merely requires you to understand what makes somebody tick.

I confess I've been known to pop my collar from time to time, partly because it annoys a friend of mine greatly.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I confess I'm shocked Kait didn't make fun of me for my confessions and posts here.

Maybe he will on IRC. :hmm
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
I confess I just had a horrible night, barely slept with skin issues. Lost a morning opportunity to study.
I wish I can return to my bed now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top