The MangaHelpers Manga Awards Discussion Thread

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Thank you for all the nominations guys!!! I’ve updated the nominees list in the OP and looking at the list we do have some pretty amazing contestants. :thumbs

About the best new series category, you can only nominate series that began to get published in 2010.

And don’t forget to vote for your favorite chapter! :)

Here are the nominees that we have so far:

Awards Categories
Best Male Lead
Gutts from Berserk (3 votes)
Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
Yoshina Ageha from Psyren
Miyamoto Musahi from Vagabond (2 votes)
Sakata Gintoki from Gintama
Kenji Endo from 20th/21st Century Boys

Best Male Supporting Character
L from Death Note (2 votes)
Inspector Heinrich Runge from Monster
Wolfgang Grimmer from Monster
Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman
Kandu Yuu from D. Gray Man
Gauche Suede from Tegami Bachi
Black Star from Soul Eater

Best Female Lead
Misaki Ayuzawa from Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
Claire from Claymore (2 votes)
Yato Kagura from Gintama
Gally from GUNNM (aka. Battle Angel Alita)
Seras Victora of Hellsing
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL

Best Female Supporting Character
Fee of Planetes


Best Shoujo Manga
Fruits Basket
Hana Kimi (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)

Best Shounen Manga
Naruto
Death Note
One Piece (4 votes)
Psyren
Fullmetal Alchemist
Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)


Best Josei Manga
Kuragehime

Best Seinen Manga
Blame!
K-ON
Vagabond
Berserk (3 votes)
DOGS Bullets and Carnage
Monster

Best Hairstyling
Bleach
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (Zetsubou Sensei)


Best Costume Design
Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
Berserk Armor, "when the helm is on"

Best Villain
Johann Liebert from Monster (2 votes)
Orochimaru from Naruto (2 votes)
Millennium Earl from D.Gray-Man
Priscilla from Claymore
Aizen from Bleach
Takasugi Shinsuke from Gintama
“Nosferatu” Zodd from Berserk
Griffith from Berserk

Best Fight
Bleach, Ichigo VS Ulquiorra Final battle
Vagabond, Miyamoto Musashi (Shinmen Takezo) vs Yoshioka School
Naruto, Sandaime VS Orochimaru
Vinland Saga, Thorkkell's duel with Thorrfinn (2 votes)
Hellsing, Alucard vs Anderson


Best Kiss
Kaicho wa maid-sama
Misaki and Usui sharing a kiss in chapter 32
Claymore
Clare kissing Raki
(2 votes)
Berserk
Gatsu and Caska sharing a kiss

Best Color Page
Naruto/ Chapter 503 (3 votes)
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v52/c503/2.html

Best Double-Spread
Berserk: 1st time Gutts used Berserk Armor and came out of that monster
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rk_v26_201.jpg
Bleach: Ichigo’s final transformation (2 votes) http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v47/c420/12.html
Berserk Vol. 8 Page 190 - Gatsu vs Griffith
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/535/gatsuvsgriffith1.jpg


Best Chapter

Best Couple
Ed & Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist
Orihime X Ulquiorra from Bleach
Yoshina Ageha and Amamiya Sakurako from Psyren
Rock and Revy from Black Lagoon
Hachimiki and Tanabe from Planetes
Black Star and Tsubaki Nakatsuka

Best Full Cast
Fullmetal Alchemist 4 votes
Soul Eater

Best Artwork
Blame! 2 votes
Berserk 2 votes
Vinland Saga

Best WTF Moment
L's media stunt on Kira in Death Note
Aizen changing forms in Bleach
Fake Robin with the cucumber in One Piece (Chapter 598)
Revelation of Duval's identity in One Piece
Thorkell and Willibald - "Whichever created Liquor" (Vinland Saga)

Best plot-twist
Bleach –
Aizen revealed as villain in Bleach
One Piece –
Finding out that Ace's father was Gol D. Roger
(2 votes)
Claymore –
Priscilla decapitating Teresa and then Awakening
Berserk – The Eclipse
Berserk - Ch 290 Hellhound “Guts’ inner demon” promising Guts

Best new series
Enigma by Sakaki Kenji (2 votes)

Best Manga Overall
Kuroshitsuji by Toboso Yana (2 votes)
Claymore by Norihiro Yagi
Psyren by Toshiaki Iwashiro
Berserk (2 votes)
Yotsuba&!
One Piece
If I made a mistake or if something is missing from the list above, please let me know.


I vote for EdxWinry (FMA) as Best couple. You just can't hate them & their interactions. They even became canon at the end. Hell, Ed's proposal was awarded as the best line for proposing in Japan.

I also nominate Royai (RoyxRiza) of FMA as Best couple. I would've picked Kakashix Hanare from Naruto fillers (I mean, c'mon Kishi!!! cut the guy some slack, will ya!!??) but I decided to go for Royai since it's more established.
Those two pairings are pretty great :cool: and would make excellent nominees for the best couple category. :) However you can only “vote” for one. You can “vote” by nominating a pairing or by supporting the nomination of another member. Since Ed x Winry was already nominated, would you like to support this pairing and “vote” for them? Or would you like to nominate Royai and “vote” for them instead?
 
Last edited:

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Some1 plz nominate Vagabond for best artwork...i was torn between blame! and vagabond. It'll be a huge injustice if there 2 don't get the 1st 2 spots here...


I've got a questions: can we vote/nominate manhwa in this contest?
 
Last edited:

DevMid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

My nominations:
Best Male Supporting Character: Nagumo Souichirou from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Best Female Lead: Asahina Samidare from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Best Female Supporting Character: Major General Olivia Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist
VOTE: Best Shounen: Fullmetal Alchemist
Best Josei: Amatsuki
Best Seinen: REAL by Inoue Takehiko
Best Villain: Animus from the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
VOTE: Best Full Cast: Fullmetal Alchemist
Best Artwork: REAL
Best WTF Moment:
In The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, when Blues Drive Monster is revealed.
Best New Series: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
Best Manga Overall: Fullmetal Alchemist

------------------------

Oops >_<
Animus is from the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Sorry bout that XD

Moderator Notice:
no problem, Animus from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, has been added!~ HegemonKhan
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Also about the hairstyling and the best costume...are there categories for contest between mangas or particular characters?
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

I've got a questions: can we vote/nominate manhwa in this contest?
Mmm…tbh, I haven’t thought about including manhwa in the awards, maybe I should include a category for Best Manhwa.

Also about the hairstyling and the best costume...are there categories for contest between mangas or particular characters?
You can nominate a manga or a particular character.

@ Thank you for your nominations, DevMid! :) I'll add them to the list in a moment.


I have added DevMid’s nominations. Just one question, what manga is Animus from? I can't add him/her without the name of the manga he/she is from.

Moderator Notice:
DevMid responded/answered this, Animus is the villain in The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. I already added this to the OP.~ HegemonKhan


Awards Categories

Best Male Lead
Gutts from Berserk (3 votes)
Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
Yoshina Ageha from Psyren
Miyamoto Musahi from Vagabond (2 votes)
Sakata Gintoki from Gintama
Kenji Endo from 20th/21st Century Boys

Best Male Supporting Character
L from Death Note (2 votes)
Inspector Heinrich Runge from Monster
Wolfgang Grimmer from Monster
Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman
Kandu Yuu from D. Gray Man
Gauche Suede from Tegami Bachi
Black Star from Soul Eater
Nagumo Souichirou from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer

Best Female Lead
Misaki Ayuzawa from Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
Claire from Claymore (2 votes)
Yato Kagura from Gintama
Gally from GUNNM (aka. Battle Angel Alita)
Seras Victora of Hellsing
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL
Asahina Samidare from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer

Best Female Supporting Character
Fee of Planetes
Major General Olivia Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist


Best Shoujo Manga
Fruits Basket
Hana Kimi (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)

Best Shounen Manga
Naruto
Death Note
One Piece (4 votes)
Psyren
Fullmetal Alchemist (2 votes)
Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)


Best Josei Manga
Kuragehime
Amatsuki

Best Seinen Manga
Blame!
K-ON
Vagabond
Berserk (3 votes)
DOGS Bullets and Carnage
Monster
REAL

Best Hairstyling
Bleach
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (Zetsubou Sensei)


Best Costume Design
Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
Berserk Armor, "when the helm is on"

Best Villain
Johann Liebert from Monster (2 votes)
Orochimaru from Naruto (2 votes)
Millennium Earl from D.Gray-Man
Priscilla from Claymore
Aizen from Bleach
Takasugi Shinsuke from Gintama
“Nosferatu” Zodd from Berserk
Griffith from Berserk

Best Fight
Bleach, Ichigo VS Ulquiorra Final battle
Vagabond, Miyamoto Musashi (Shinmen Takezo) vs Yoshioka School
Naruto, Sandaime VS Orochimaru
Vinland Saga, Thorkkell's duel with Thorrfinn (2 votes)
Hellsing, Alucard vs Anderson


Best Kiss
Kaicho wa maid-sama
Misaki and Usui sharing a kiss in chapter 32
Claymore
Clare kissing Raki
(2 votes)
Berserk
Gatsu and Caska sharing a kiss

Best Color Page
Naruto/ Chapter 503 (3 votes)
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v52/c503/2.html

Best Double-Spread
Berserk: 1st time Gutts used Berserk Armor and came out of that monster
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rk_v26_201.jpg
Bleach: Ichigo’s final transformation (2 votes) http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v47/c420/12.html
Berserk Vol. 8 Page 190 - Gatsu vs Griffith
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/535/gatsuvsgriffith1.jpg


Best Chapter

Best Couple
Ed & Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist
Orihime X Ulquiorra from Bleach
Yoshina Ageha and Amamiya Sakurako from Psyren
Rock and Revy from Black Lagoon
Hachimiki and Tanabe from Planetes
Black Star and Tsubaki Nakatsuka



Best Full Cast
Fullmetal Alchemist (5 votes)
Soul Eater


Best Artwork
Blame! 2 votes
Berserk 2 votes
Vinland Saga
REAL

Best WTF Moment
L's media stunt on Kira in Death Note
Aizen changing forms in Bleach
Fake Robin with the cucumber in One Piece (Chapter 598)
Revelation of Duval's identity in One Piece
Thorkell and Willibald - "Whichever created Liquor" (Vinland Saga)
In The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, when Blues Drive Monster is revealed.

Best plot-twist
Bleach –
Aizen revealed as villain in Bleach
One Piece –
Finding out that Ace's father was Gol D. Roger
(2 votes)
Claymore –
Priscilla decapitating Teresa and then Awakening
Berserk – The Eclipse
Berserk - Ch 290 Hellhound “Guts’ inner demon” promising Guts

Best new series
Enigma by Sakaki Kenji (2 votes)
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen

Best Manga Overall
Kuroshitsuji by Toboso Yana (2 votes)
Claymore by Norihiro Yagi
Psyren by Toshiaki Iwashiro
Berserk (2 votes)
Yotsuba&!
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist
 
Last edited by a moderator:

E-Hero/Ninja:S&P

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Best Male Lead Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail… He’s just as dense as your average Shonen character but he rarely has moments where he does think with something other than his fist…

Best Male Supporting Character Black Star (Soul Eater) hands down… He’s someone you’ll always be happy to have on your side when “it” hits the fan…


Best Female Supporting Character Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail) serves as a perfect foil to many of the outrageous characters that you see in the Fairy Tail guild, yet at the same time she manages to have moments where she’s just as out there as they are…

Best Shounen Manga One Piece… It’s one of the few manga that stays interesting week after week after week no matter what’s going on…

Best Hairstyling Yu-Gi-Oh! – Not many mangaka could get away with making the protagonist’s hair look like marine life. Yugi (a Starfish) and Yusei (a Crab) in particular…

Best Costume Design Yu-Gi-Oh! Most of the characters have styles that are not only fun to look at, but pretty cool at the same time…

Best Villain Kabuto (Naruto) – Think Orochimaru’s powers with Kabuto’s cunning and anylytical skills… Kabuto is someone who knows enough to even blackmail one of the most powerful villains in the manga…


Best Fight Natsu vs. Gildartz (Fairy Tail)

Best Color Page For the sake of being different One Piece chapter 598 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c598/4.html)

Best Double-Spread This page (http://www.mangareader.net/266-35597-10/zatch-bell/chapter-319.html) from Zatch Bell

Best Chapter Fairy Tail chapter 206…

Best Couple Ed and Winry - Fullmetal Alchemist

Best Full Cast I support zura113’s nomination for Fullmetal Alchemist.

Best Artwork Bleach… of the manga that I do read (a lot of them) this is one of the more realistic looking…

Best WTF Moment
When Enel relizes that his powers are ineffective against Luffy…
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v30/c279/16.html Most people probably had the same look on their face when it happened…

Best plot-twist
In Fairy Tail when Gildartz shows off his true power to Natsu...

Best Manga Overall One Piece hands down…
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Thank you for all the nominations guys!!! I’ve updated the nominees list in the OP and looking at the list we do have some pretty amazing contestants. :thumbs

About the best new series category, you can only nominate series that began to get published in 2010.

And don’t forget to vote for your favorite chapter! :)

Here are the nominees that we have so far:

Awards Categories


If I made a mistake or if something is missing from the list above, please let me know.
<hr noshade size="1">

Those two pairings are pretty great :cool: and would make excellent nominees for the best couple category. :) However you can only “vote” for one. You can “vote” by nominating a pairing or by supporting the nomination of another member. Since Ed x Winry was already nominated, would you like to support this pairing and “vote” for them? Or would you like to nominate Royai and “vote” for them instead?
Man, you make me sound like a prick for twisting the rules LOL.

But ok, Ummm.... I think I'll vote for EdxWinry.

Best Double Page: Minato & Kushina protecting baby Naruto.

From what I've seen so far from the nominations, they're all "epic". But none of them can strike an emotional chord as strong as that scene.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v52/c504/8.html
I'm not sure if it really fits the criteria, but I'll still nominate it.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Some1 plz nominate Vagabond for best artwork...i was torn between blame! and vagabond. It'll be a huge injustice if there 2 don't get the 1st 2 spots here...
You can always nominate Vagabond for Best fight, I mean there are lots of very, very awesome fights...I think the one against Yoshioka was the best until now...
 

Xman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
407
Reaction score
41
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Thank you for your hard work :>

I have a question:
If I wanted to add a vote or maybe change it, do I edit my original post or add another reply ?

In case I have to post a reply for the extra vote,
Best Female Supporting Character:
Kagura from Gintama, that girl is awesome in so many levels, and you don't want to screw with her.

Another note:
I think my vote for the Best new series is missing, I voted for Ao no Exorcist
 
Last edited:

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

you can do either (make new post or edit a previous post) for changing your nomination(s),

but please please let us know you made a change, with something like this:

I originally nominated this:

_____________________

but, now I want to change it to this:

__________________________


------------------------------------------------------------------------

for a new nomination, you can do either as well: make a new post or edit-add it to your previous post
 
Last edited:

zura113

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Thank you for your hard work :>

I have a question:
If I wanted to add a vote or maybe change it, do I edit my original post or add another reply ?

In case I have to post a reply for the extra vote,
Best Female Supporting Character:
Kagura from Gintama, that girl is awesome in so many levels, and you don't want to screw with her.

Another note:
I think my vote for the Best new series is missing, I voted for Ao no Exorcist
Um if I'm not mistaken, one of the moderators mentioned in a later post that you can only vote for a manga that began in 2010. Ao no Exorcist began in 2009
Just clearing the doubt :)


I'd like to add something :)
Best couple - Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye, from Fullmetal Alchemist. Even though there's no ROMANCE, the way their relationship goes on and builds up and their joint involvement in the series is a plus point, in my opinion. I just feel happy seeing them together :)
 
Last edited:

Fomano

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
110
Reaction score
34
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

I forgot to put some things on my list, it is still possible to put them? :s
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Great competition and really good choices so far :thumbs

Best Male Lead: I do support everyone who voted for Gutts, he's absolutely awesome. Nevertheless I would like to nominate Naruto Uzumaki from "Naruto". I really like his kind character and his strong will to never give up. Sure you can question some of his thoughts (like the whole Sasuke thing...) but as a whole, he's definitely one awsome dude (yeah I'm a bit of a fanboy :ninja)

Best Male Supporting Character:
Moderator Notice:
Askeladd from Vinland Saga. (This is his final nomination choice~ HegemonKhan
)

Ustegius already suggested Grimmer (great job there!), that leaves me the option to vote for another great character. I'm not sure if he falls under the supporter role, if not I would like to nominate another character. It's Akiyama from "Liar Game". He has a very kind heart and a fascinating intelligence, I'm loving how he works together with Nao.

Moderator Notice:
Akiyama from Liar Game is considered to be a Lead character, so he's not allowed for this category, so that's why he's scratched out~ HegemonKhan


Moderator Notice:
Shikamaru Nara from Naruto for Best Male Supporting Character has been added as you requested for the change~ HegemonKhan
Moderator Notice:
(he changed again, to Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist~ HegemonKhan
)

Moderator Notice:
Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist~ HegemonKhan
Moderator Notice:
(he changes this to his final nomination choice of Askeladd from Vinland Saga~ HegemonKhan
)

Moderator Notice:
His Final nomination choice (after many changes), is Askeladd from Vinland Saga~ HegemonKhan


Best Female Lead: Clare is already nominated so my vote goes to Kurokami Medaka from "Medaka Box". She's ridiculous in every way, her actions always makes one smile, laugh or crying.

Best Female Supporting Character: Well female supporters are mostly underrated because the mangaka doesn't give much attention to them. One exception for me is Schierke from "Berserk". She's still a kid, but her sometimes childish behaviour makes her funny and cute. Aside from that, she's the most helpful/useful member in Gutts group and her magic is always epic :thumbs

Best Shoujo Manga: Well the only Shoujo I've ever read is "Vampire Knight", so my vote is very very subjective. Nevertheless I would still like to nominate it, because I think it was a very interesting manga till some certain points.

Best Shounen Manga: Very difficult choice. I think my vote will go to Fullmetal Alchemist, because I never really liked Arakawa's drawing (and the artstyle is something very important for me) but just loved FMA. It's epic and without a question one of the best mangas out there atm.

Best Seinen Manga: I would love to give my vote to Berserk (because it's definitely and by far the best Seinen) but it already has some votes. I will use the chance and nominate "Vinland Saga" because the plot is very captivating and has one of the best villains I've seen so far.

Best Hairstyling: My vote goes to Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Amano's hair drawings are great and I especially love Tsuna's and Byakuran's hair :XD

Best Costume Design:: Again I nominate Hitman Reborn, because the outfits are always very stylish and I just love the mafia outfits.

Best Villain:
Moderator Notice:
his final nomination is Griffith from Berserk~ HegemonKhan


Johann and Grifith are some great choices but I would like to nominate Askeladd from "Vinland Saga". He's a very intriguing character and, not like most of the villains, isn't absolutely evil. His sacrifice shows that he isn't a selfish person but does things for a greater good.
Moderator Notice:
(he changes it to Griffith from Berserk~ HegemonKhan
)

Best Fight: Another hard one, because there are just too many epic fights. My vote will go to Naruto vs. Pain, because I loved every bit of the fight. It was stamped by tactic but nevertheless epic and captivating.

The rest will come to a later point.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

I let some fields missing in order to think and see what will people nominate and act according to that.
That's why I will add:
Best Female Supporting Character: +1 to naruto-niichan for Schierke from Berserk.

Best Costume Design: Fairy Tail.
they have some amazing costumes and they don't stick with the same clothes (well Natsu does -__-)
 

HegemonKhan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
1,229
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

I forgot to put some things on my list, it is still possible to put them? :s
yes. go back and edit your old post, or make a new one.

if you're going to change your nominations, just please leave something to let us know your changing it.

something like this:

My original nomination was:

_________________

but, now I want to change it to this:

__________________

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also, everyone, you can still choose what's already been nominated, as it'll get additional votes for its nomination. remember we're taking the top 5 nominations with the most votes for every each category. (and then we'll do the actual voting "contest" afterwards)
 
Last edited:

Fomano

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
110
Reaction score
34
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

The rest of the list

Best Male Supporting - L from Death Note - I don't really think that he is a supporting character, but he is the most important character of Death Note (in my opinion)

Best Female Supporting - Sumiko Sumimura from Kekkaishi - Yoshimori's mother and one of the most enigmatic characters from Kekkaishi, she knows every secret in the Kekkaishi universe and is super powerful

Best Shoujo Manga - Bitter Virgin - Really touching and a friend of mine has very in common with the protagonist

Best Chapter - Bleach 421 - The Final Getsuga Tensho, Aizen defeated and pissed off (for the first time) and Urahara showing that he's really the most badass character in Bleach (I have considered only the chapters released in 2010)

Best Hairstyling - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Some are so fluid that it looks like you're watching a movie and there are so many different hairstyles.

Best Costume Design - Katekyo Hitman Reborn - Something that you can't deny about Reborn is the characters style, and now the Vongola Gears especially Gokudera's have shown how creative Amano can be

Best Full Cast - One Piece - It's a big Universe with tons of characters and each one is so different, Strawhat Crew and their charisma deserve my vote

Best Artwork - Vagabond - I can't explain why, but I think it is the best
 
Last edited:

ryzvonusef

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
100
Reaction score
368
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Best Male Lead
Uzumaki Naruto from Naruto
Seriously, Naruto is a very good hero, people just hate him because of all the hype.

Best Male Supporting Character
Shichiro Ougi from Kekkaishi
First I wanted to go with Sumimura Masamori, but then I realised that Ougi was more deserving of this category.

Best Female Lead
Yukimura Tokine from Kekkaishi
How many heroines have you seen go on solo missions?

Best Female Supporting Character
Sumimura Sumiko from Kekkaishi
She chucks Dragon Land Gods the size of Shenlong for teh Lulz, seriously, she is awesome.

Best Shoujo Manga
None read.:p

Best Shounen Manga
Kekkaishi

Best Josei Manga
None read.:p

Best Seinen Manga
Is Holyland a Seinen Manga?

Best Hairstyling
Psyren

Best Costume Design
Fullmetal Alchemist

Best Villain
Father from FullmetalAlchemist

Best Fight
Naruto
Minato vs Madara

Best Kiss
Um, Naruto and Sasuke? Not really sure I have seen any character in the manga I have read actually kiss.

Best Color Page
Chapter 503 Cover spread from Naruto
(The Uzumaki Family Scene)

Best Double-Spread
Chapter 429, Page 6-7 from Naruto
(Pain floating over Konoha, Konoha is drawn in awesome detail)

Best Chapter
Chapter 107 from Fullmetal Alchemist

Best Couple
Naruto&Hinata from Naruto
PS. I am not sure whether a "pairing" counts as a "couple"; if it doesn't, then I recommend Minato&Kushina from the same manga.

Best Full Cast
Kekkaishi
It's rare to find a manga where the female cast just as powerful as the male cast, if not more so (Sumiko, Tokiko...). Note for example, that I didn't recommend the hero of Kekkaishi (Yoshimori) for the category, since IMHO, Tokine is a better heroine than Yoshi is a hero.

Best Artwork
Fullmetal Alchemist

Best WTF Moment
Kekkaishi
When we learnt just how badly the Founder messed up his son's life; and indirectly, every Kekkaishi's life for 400 years (see sig.)

Best plot-twist
Kekkaishi
when we found out that the awesome hat-dude is Hazama freakin' Tokimori, the Founder!!!

Best new series
Bakuman

Best Manga Overall
Kekkaishi
Seriously, it receives no love whatsoever, despite being one of the most balanced manga there is. READ IT NAO.:mad
 
Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Heh... this sounds like a fun idea. Let's see:

Best Male Lead
Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star)
He is just about the strongest and manliest character to be ever born. As ground-breaking as HnK was, it was only natural that its title hero became a legend and THE prototype for many, many titles and characters to follow.

Best Female Lead
Supporting Ustegius with his nomination of Gally/Alita (GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita).

Best Shounen Manga
Supporting Organizized with his nomination of Oda's masterpiece.

Best Josei Manga
Nodame Cantabile
I'm no connoisseur for female oriented series but for me this category just has to go to Ninomiya Tomoko's Nodame Cantabile. It's such a beautiful and intelligent, funny and very well-written story with great characters.

Best Seinen Manga
AKIRA
This one's a toughie but after a little bit of thought I decided to nominate Ootomo-sensei's timeless classic. Revolutionary work in the Cyberpunk genre, great piece of art and simply put 2000 pages of epicness.

Best Costume Design
Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler
I'm surprised no one called this yet but Toboso really knows how to capture the Victorian age in the little details such as architecture or the most striking feature in her works: clothes! It is authentic yet stylish.

Best Villain
Supporting ashher's nomination of Johann Liebert (Monster).

Best Fight
Supporting Fomano's nomination of Miyamoto Musashi vs. The Yoshioka School (Vagabond).
The fight might have a feeling of badass to some readers but it's really not trying to be that way. It's actually pretty deep and philosophical which I love about Inoue's magnum opus.

Best Kiss
Naruto x Sasuke (Naruto)
This one goes without words, I guess... :tem (I really can't stand BL but this scene was priceless.)

Best Color Page
Vagabond, Volume 21, Chapter 181
I had such a hard time deciding, since Vagabond is just stuffed with awesomeness. So, in the end I took this picture, one of my favorite illustrations. Great mood and Inoue's artwork doesn't need to be commented. Just like the old masters, eh...

Best Double-Spread
Oyasumi Punpun, Volume 2, Chapter 17
Even if I could name Vagabond again, I want at least a little bit of variety and Asano Inio is one of my top 10 favorite Mangaka of all time and his artwork is just superb.

Best Couple
Chiaki Shinichi x Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile)
Great chemistry between these two. Mr. Perfect x Mrs. Messy Otaku - one might think it's clear who is guiding whom through life... but reality looks quite different; these two learn and evolve together.

Best Full Cast
Eyeshield 21
Several dozens of characters, each and every one of them got his own little story, his own dreams and destiny, his own personality and quirks. Inagaki has created a vast cast of likable and distinctive characters.

Best Artwork
Vagabond
Someone wanted Vagabond to be call, I shall deliver. I have to admit that Miura's artwork is top-notch (though the first few volumes are not so...) but keeping the time it takes him to create all of it in mind I can't give my vote to him. Nihei is another great artist but his art is not that appealing to me (maybe too dark and edgy/scruffy for my taste; plus,I don't like his drawings of persons) So, in the end I'll give it to Inoue-sensei. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Best WTF Moment
Oyasumi Punpun, Volume 1, Headmaster and vice principle playing Hide-and-seek
If you're not used to Asano's style and humor this first volume will sweep you off your socks. It was a hard time picking one specific scene, since it's just stuffed with 100% WTF-mania in every chapter...

Best Manga Overall
Doraemon
I agree with the person who said the work for this category should play beyond all limitations such as demography. And there is just one series who does this better than any other. It is still loved today, even when it started decades ago: Doraemon!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Best Male Lead
Kenji Endo from 20th/21st Century Boys
He has a way of somehow drawing you into his own adventure.In that aspect he is like Naruto.Kenji's got to be my favourite male lead ever.
*Damn,thinking about him makes me want to read 20th CB again:eyeroll*

Best Female Lead
I couldn't decide between Nausicaä from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Yotsuba from Yotsuba&,but i guess i'll go with Yotsuba.This little girl always manages to make me smile,with this pure and innocent way of approaching things.You explore the world with her and even though you know it pretty well,seeing everything gets exiting and fun with Yotsuba.

Best Shounen Manga
One Piece
Well,what can i say,it's a perfect Shonen.

Best Josei Manga
Nodame Cantabile
I agree with Mr.Prince on that.I love it.Nodame is just so adorable.

Best Hairstyling
Yu-Gi-Oh!
I have to agree with E-Hero/Ninja:S&P.Yu-Gi-Oh! has crazy and impossible hairstyles,but you still buy them.

Best Costume Design
D.Gray-Man
Hoshino-sensei could very well be a designer for clothes.

Best Fight
Naruto: Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End
Damn,this fight really got me.It was great in the manga as well as in the anime.Very emotional,very action-packed,very-well drawn,very,very awesome.

Best Kiss
Naruto x Sasuke (Naruto)
Have to agree with Mr.Prince on this one,too.:toc

Best Double-Spread

20th Century Boys
I don't remember what chapter it was,but this is one of my favourite spreads from one my favourite manga 20th Century Boys from one of my favourite manga-ka Naoki Urasawa.

Best Couple
Meiko and Taneda from Solanin
They are the best manga couple i have ever read of.They match perfectly together.Their relationship is what makes Solanin even better.

Best Full Cast
Naruto
There are so many characters that i will probably remember forever.The designs,their personalities and designs are wonderful.It's a pity that Kishi only focuses on some of them.

Best Artwork
Tegami Bachi
This one might seem funny at first,as it can hardly top the like of Inoue or Nihei,but the art in Tegami Bachi is amazing.The character and costume designs are beautiful and so is the whole setting.You have this black sky and all those stars everywhere;the amount of black is very well used and creates a comfy and calm,yet fascinating and adventurous atmosphere.

------
I might make some more later on.
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga Awards

Thank you for the awesome nominations, guys! :) I’ve updated the list of nominees.

Awards Categories

Best Male Lead
Gutts from Berserk (3 votes)
Allen Walker from D.Gray-man
Yoshina Ageha from Psyren
Miyamoto Musahi from Vagabond (2 votes)
Sakata Gintoki from Gintama
Kenji Endo from 20th/21st Century Boys (2 votes)
Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail
Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto (2 votes)
Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star

Best Male Supporting Character
L from Death Note (3 votes)
Inspector Heinrich Runge from Monster
Wolfgang Grimmer from Monster
Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman
Kandu Yuu from D. Gray Man
Gauche Suede from Tegami Bachi
Black Star from Soul Eater (2 votes)
Nagumo Souichirou from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Shichiro Ougi from Kekkaishi

Best Female Lead
Misaki Ayuzawa from Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
Claire from Claymore (2 votes)
Yato Kagura from Gintama
Gally from GUNNM (aka. Battle Angel Alita) (2 votes)
Seras Victora of Hellsing
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL
Asahina Samidare from The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
Kurokami Medaka from Medaka Box
Yukimura Tokine from Kekkaishi
Yotsuba from Yotsuba&

Best Female Supporting Character
Fee of Planetes
Major General Olivia Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist
Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail
Yato Kagura from Gintama
Schierke from Berserk (2 votes)
Sumiko Sumimura from Kekkaishi (2 votes)

Best Shoujo Manga
Fruits Basket
Hana Kimi (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)
Vampire Knight

Best Shounen Manga
Naruto
Death Note
One Piece (7 votes)
Psyren
Fullmetal Alchemist (3 votes)
Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
Kekkaishi


Best Josei Manga
Kuragehime
Amatsuki
Nodame Cantabile (2 votes)

Best Seinen Manga
Blame!
K-ON
Vagabond
Berserk (3 votes)
DOGS Bullets and Carnage
Monster
REAL
Vinland Saga
AKIRA

Best Hairstyling
Bleach
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (Zetsubou Sensei)
Yu-Gi-Oh! (2 votes)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn (2 votes)
Psyren


Best Costume Design
Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)
Berserk Armor, "when the helm is on"
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Katekyo Hitman Reborn (2 votes)
Fairy Tail
Fullmetal Alchemist
Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler
D.Gray-Man

Best Villain
Johann Liebert from Monster (3 votes)
Orochimaru from Naruto (2 votes)
Millennium Earl from D.Gray-Man
Priscilla from Claymore
Aizen from Bleach
Takasugi Shinsuke from Gintama
“Nosferatu” Zodd from Berserk
Griffith from Berserk
Kabuto from Naruto
Askeladd from Vinland Saga
Father from FullmetalAlchemist

Best Fight
Bleach, Ichigo VS Ulquiorra Final battle
Vagabond, Miyamoto Musashi (Shinmen Takezo) vs Yoshioka School (2 votes)
Naruto, Sandaime VS Orochimaru
Vinland Saga, Thorkkell's duel with Thorrfinn (2 votes)
Hellsing, Alucard vs Anderson
Fairy Tail, Natsu vs. Gildartz
Naruto, Naruto vs. Pain
Naruto, Minato vs. Madara
Naruto, Naruto vs Sasuke at the Valley of the End

Best Kiss
Kaicho wa maid-sama
Misaki and Usui sharing a kiss in chapter 32
Claymore
Clare kissing Raki
(2 votes)
Berserk
Gatsu and Caska sharing a kiss
Naruto
Naruto and Sasuke kissing
(2 votes)


Best Color Page
Naruto/ Chapter 503 (4 votes)
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v52/c503/2.html
One Piece / Chapter 598
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v59/c598/4.html
Vagabond, Volume 21, Chapter 181
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5329062/vagabond_156197.jpg.html

Best Double-Spread
Berserk: 1st time Gutts used Berserk Armor and came out of that monster
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rk_v26_201.jpg
Bleach: Ichigo’s final transformation (2 votes) http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v47/c420/12.html
Berserk Vol. 8 Page 190 - Gatsu vs Griffith
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/535/gatsuvsgriffith1.jpg
Zatch Bell/ Chapter 319
http://www.mangareader.net/266-35597-10/zatch-bell/chapter-319.html
Naruto: Minato & Kushina protecting baby Naruto
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v52/c504/8.html
Oyasumi Punpun, Volume 2, Chapter 17
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/4485970/Oyasumi_Punpun_v02_090-091.png.html
20th Century Boys
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4434/20thcenturyboysv08c02p0.jpg

Best Chapter
Fairy Tail - Chapter 206
Bleach - Chapter 421 –
The Final Getsuga Tensho, Aizen defeated and pissed off (for the first time) and Urahara showing that he's really the most badass character in Bleach

Best Couple
Ed & Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist (3 votes)
Orihime X Ulquiorra from Bleach
Yoshina Ageha and Amamiya Sakurako from Psyren
Rock and Revy from Black Lagoon
Hachimiki and Tanabe from Planetes
Black Star and Tsubaki Nakatsuka from Soul Eater
Roy Mustang x Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist
Naruto x Hinata from Naruto
Chiaki Shinichi x Noda Megumi from Nodame Cantabile
Meiko and Taneda from Solanin

Best Full Cast
Fullmetal Alchemist (6 votes)
Soul Eater
One Piece
Kekkaishi
Eyeshield 21
Naruto


Best Artwork
Blame! (2 votes)
Berserk (2 votes)
Vinland Saga
REAL
Bleach
Vagabond (2 votes)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Tegami Bachi

Best WTF Moment
L's media stunt on Kira in Death Note
Aizen changing forms in Bleach
Fake Robin with the cucumber in One Piece (Chapter 598)
Revelation of Duval's identity in One Piece
Thorkell and Willibald - "Whichever created Liquor" (Vinland Saga)
In The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, when Blues Drive Monster is revealed.
When Enel relizes that his powers are ineffective against Luffy (Chapter 279)
Kekkaishi - When we learnt just how badly the Founder messed up his son's life
Oyasumi Punpun, Volume 1, Headmaster and vice principle playing Hide-and-seek


Best plot-twist
Bleach –
Aizen revealed as villain in Bleach
One Piece –
Finding out that Ace's father was Gol D. Roger
(2 votes)
Claymore –
Priscilla decapitating Teresa and then Awakening
Berserk – The Eclipse
Berserk - Ch 290 Hellhound “Guts’ inner demon” promising Guts
Fairy Tail when Gildartz shows off his true power to Natsu
Kekkaishi –
when we found out that the awesome hat-dude is Hazama freakin' Tokimori


Best new series
Enigma by Sakaki Kenji (2 votes)
Oumagadoki Doubutsuen

Best Manga Overall
Kuroshitsuji by Toboso Yana (2 votes)
Claymore by Norihiro Yagi
Psyren by Toshiaki Iwashiro
Berserk (2 votes)
Yotsuba&!
One Piece (2 votes)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Kekkaishi
Doraemon
If I made a mistake or if something is missing please let me know.


Please keep in mind that for the best new series award category, you can only nominate series that started to get published in 2010.

You can edit your nominations at any time during the nomination process, but if you do it please do it in another post and please let us know you made a change by writing (as HegemonKhan):


I originally nominated this:

_____________________

but, now I want to change it to this:

__________________________



Best Male Supporting Character: Ustegius already suggested Grimmer (great job there!), that leaves me the option to vote for another great character. I'm not sure if he falls under the supporter role, if not I would like to nominate another character. It's Akiyama from "Liar Game". He has a very kind heart and a fascinating intelligence, I'm loving how he works together with Nao.
He would make an incredible nominee for the MH Manga awards :cool:, but since he is one the protagonists of Liar Game you can’t nominate him for the best male supporting character category. Sorry. :( But you can nominate other character for that award. :)

Moderator Notice:
I added Grimmer from Monster for the Best Supporting Male Character for him (he has made many changes, but his final nomination choice is Askeladd from Vinland Saga)~ HegemonKhan



Best Shoujo Manga - Bitter Virgin - Really touching and a friend of mine has very in common with the protagonist
Bitter Virgin is a seinen, so you can’t nominate it for the best shoujo manga category. But you can nominate Bitter Virgin for best seinen or you can nominate other manga for best shoujo.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top