- Joined
- Nov 16, 2005
- Messages
- 19,231
- Reaction score
- 1,274
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
Let's see what kind of army of hand-to-hand combatants we have here!
I took T'ai Chi Ch'uan classes for a year, though I'm out of practice. It was the Chen style, and we had two alternating teachers who had drastically different personalities which was almost as fun as learning Tai Chi itself.
One was stone-faced, in shape, and all business, and the other was... laidback and fat! But the latter was a LOT more experienced and would probably be able beat the former, which is just hilarious... but I guess that's the power of being experienced at martial arts right there.
Anyway, ever done martial arts? Any interesting experiences?
I took T'ai Chi Ch'uan classes for a year, though I'm out of practice. It was the Chen style, and we had two alternating teachers who had drastically different personalities which was almost as fun as learning Tai Chi itself.
One was stone-faced, in shape, and all business, and the other was... laidback and fat! But the latter was a LOT more experienced and would probably be able beat the former, which is just hilarious... but I guess that's the power of being experienced at martial arts right there.
Anyway, ever done martial arts? Any interesting experiences?

.


Unfortunately, my sensei thought too late of having my friend and me do 8. Kyu grading right away. But you don't train Bujinkan for the grades anyway, but for yourself. In Japan there usually aren't even gradings. Your sensei decides when you're ready.
It usually hurts a lot to be on the receiving end of a jutsu.



