Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I saw it nearly 2 weeks ago now; the movie was a fantastic experience. I didn't mind the science that much to be honest; it was the last 20mins or so that I just thought asked too much of the audience in terms of realms of possibility/supernatural. I would've rated it even higher if those last bits were just taken out of the film.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I saw it nearly 2 weeks ago now; the movie was a fantastic experience. I didn't mind the science that much to be honest; it was the last 20mins or so that I just thought asked too much of the audience in terms of realms of possibility/supernatural. I would've rated it even higher if those last bits were just taken out of the film.
Taken out and replaced with what? I like MOST of the last 20 minutes, but there are plenty of unanswered questions regarding the "twist".

BTW, I had the actual twist figured out in the first 10 minutes of the movie. The issue was everything else around it.

The biggest problem is the existence of the wormhole. I get that what Brand saw when going through it was Cooper, I like that. But wow, it's a lot to swallow.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

And oh btw, Jessica Chastain :kreygasm
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Taken out and replaced with what? I like MOST of the last 20 minutes, but there are plenty of unanswered questions regarding the "twist".

BTW, I had the actual twist figured out in the first 10 minutes of the movie. The issue was everything else around it.

The biggest problem is the existence of the wormhole. I get that what Brand saw when going through it was Cooper, I like that. But wow, it's a lot to swallow.
Nothing I think; it would've worked well if it also ended

with Cooper's fate left unknown and showing Brand arriving on the planet and waiting for help, but I guess that's a really sad note to end the film on. This ending provides optimism about the fate of the human race. My issue was mainly the "beings" that were helping them and behind this dimension that Coop found himself in, I would've loved it if it was just about the space travel and blackholes/wormholes.]

And oh btw, Jessica Chastain :kreygasm
Anne Hathaway :tss
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Nothing I think; it would've worked well if it also ended

with Cooper's fate left unknown and showing Brand arriving on the planet and waiting for help, but I guess that's a really sad note to end the film on. This ending provides optimism about the fate of the human race. My issue was mainly the "beings" that were helping them and behind this dimension that Coop found himself in, I would've loved it if it was just about the space travel and blackholes/wormholes.]
I think that
it was about space travel and blackholes/wormholes. It's kinda natural to get into extra-dimensional stuff when you talk about super massive blackholes.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I barely ever go to the cinema. But deciding to go watch Interstellar with a couple of friends was a fucking great decision!
I am happy i declined to go watch Hunger Games some days before, because if i hadn't i wouldn't prolly had went for a second time to the cinema during that week.

I absolutely loved the film even though it was a rather tiring weekend for me. Tars/Case so awesome XD
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Watched the old version of The Ladykillers from 1955. I enjoyed the British humor and the individual efforts by the actors that are as diverse as they were in the remake. Peter Sellers was amazing and I want to marathon more from Sellers these days, it's been a busy month for me so I have not seen much movies. Planning on watching All About Eve as well this weekend once this week is over with my exams.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Boyhood :thumbs
Directed by: Richard Linklater
Screenplay by: Richard Linklater
Starring: Ellar Coltrane, Patricia Arquette, Lorelei Linklater, Ethan Hawke
Watch it if you like: Before Midnight, Toy Story 3

Truly an Oscar contender. Another very insightful film by Richard Linklater. Great performances from the cast. The soundtrack is pretty good too. The movie isn't for everyone though. If it's not your type of movie, you'll find it really boring.
 
Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Boyhood :thumbs
Directed by: Richard Linklater
Screenplay by: Richard Linklater
Starring: Ellar Coltrane, Patricia Arquette, Lorelei Linklater, Ethan Hawke
Watch it if you like: Before Midnight, Toy Story 3

Truly an Oscar contender. Another very insightful film by Richard Linklater. Great performances from the cast. The soundtrack is pretty good too. The movie isn't for everyone though. If it's not your type of movie, you'll find it really boring.
It wasn´t boring, it was just a shitty movie that rides the idea behind it

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

Watched the old version of The Ladykillers from 1955. I enjoyed the British humor and the individual efforts by the actors that are as diverse as they were in the remake. Peter Sellers was amazing and I want to marathon more from Sellers these days, it's been a busy month for me so I have not seen much movies. Planning on watching All About Eve as well this weekend once this week is over with my exams.
Oh, lucky coincidence, i watched All about Eve just last week, tell me what you think about it once you watched it
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

Why is the internet freaking out about this? It looks terrible :lmao
 
Last edited by a moderator:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hmm. not even my love for chris pratt invites me to watch the movie..
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I've never seen any of the Jurassic Park films fully; and I don't think that will be changing anytime soon.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The original was worth watching in it's day. It still sort of holds up I guess, but not something I'd consider a classic or among my favorites. The second one was a snoozefest, and the third was somewhat decent I guess. Again, not really worthy of infinite praise or anything.

The special effects in the trailer don't even look that impressive, and the acting is just so fucking corny...god
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Jurassic World: The man handling security is no longer Newman ... It's Kramer. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

I would watch it ...
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters

Why is the internet freaking out about this? It looks terrible :lmao
Looks like the best movie of the year

Bryce Dallas Howard is fucking hot though
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
UH, same, but that is not her best look
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I loved the first movie, as xi0 said, to watch in its time. And even when I watched it again some time last year I thought "this was an awesome movie back in the day", kind of ahead of its time or something, served its thriller purpose, and very, very nostalgic.

The rest were meh.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I don't get the hype either. First one was inpressive at its time, and has aged with dignity too. But it was a film focused on an idea (dinosauruses everywhere) and the very well done visualization of it. The script and story itself were pretty silly. I mean, for most of the movie t-rex walking made Trees wave and ground shake and water move in that damn glass and it was depicted massive. And then somehow it just goes ninja and during the finale somehow managed to get totally unnoticed in to the building, from a human size door.

Trailer for the new one just seems bad. Cgi doesn't look anything special, rather bad actually. Man created mutant dinosaurus that "was a big mistake"? That's like any scifi horror action flick starting from the 50s. That basicly also changes the franchise a lot, from now on there can be pretty any kind of monsters, who vaguely resemble dinos. This just seems like any other generic summer blockbuster.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Trailer for star wars os out. That light guard on the lightsaber is tasteless. Aside from that, i m really eager to see it.

They also announced an iron sky 2 with hitler still alive AND riding an armed TRex. Yes, you read that right.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Left me cold. Both, Star Wars and Iron Sky. I worked for the CGI company which made the first one, and the background drama though might affect what I feel. But it didn't look good, and didn't leave an impact.

Star Wars wasn't that bad. Just very Abrams, liked the designs tought. Except the saber.
 
Last edited:
Top