Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Eh they ruined Thor in Endgame. Literally had no reason to turn him into a [spoilers?] and yet they did.
I meaaaaaan

the dude literally thought he was responsible for half of all life being wiped out, because he couldn't stop/kill Thanos...

Becoming a shut-in and putting on some weight is a pretty tame reaction for a God-like figure, also humanizes him somewhat, I'd say.

I mean they played it mostly for jokes, yeah, but y'know.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Watch the spoilers guys. Movie hasn't even been out for a week.

I personally liked what they did with Thor. I thought it was pretty funny and will work well with the next Guardians. Ragnarok started the more comedic take on Thor and I honestly think that just works best. He's a fun character when he's like that.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I meaaaaaan

the dude literally thought he was responsible for half of all life being wiped out, because he couldn't stop/kill Thanos...

Becoming a shut-in and putting on some weight is a pretty tame reaction for a God-like figure, also humanizes him somewhat, I'd say.

I mean they played it mostly for jokes, yeah, but y'know.
Still, I always saw Thor as a mentally strong person with experience, so it was hard to believe that this could affect him that badly. And why not try to go around the world and see if it's possible to fix what THanos did?
Watch the spoilers guys. Movie hasn't even been out for a week.

I personally liked what they did with Thor. I thought it was pretty funny and will work well with the next Guardians. Ragnarok started the more comedic take on Thor and I honestly think that just works best. He's a fun character when he's like that.
oh. Thought it was gucci because we were openly spoiling GoT.
 

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
So I just finished watching The Wandering Earth, and it was alright.

The editing was a little choppy, and the film overall was quite fast-paced.

One thing I didn't like, which became extremely apparent early on with the trailers, was the fact that the other spoken languages don't feel exactly "authentic"... All those voice-overs in other foreign languages just don't sound real, they don't sound like someone actually talking to someone else, not to mention that the words used in general also sound strange and out of place.

I mean, props to them for actually including foreign languages and foreign actors, but it was kinda half-assed.

You really have to pay attention to what's going on because like I said, the editing and cutting was really unforgivable in this one.

All in all, it was somewhat underwhelming, I would say. Look, it did make me tear up here and there, but I expected something much epic-er given the trailers and plot.

There were some surprising moments, I guess, but I would only recommend this film if you have 2 hours to kill. However, this is not a film for you to leave on in the backgrounds: like I said, you really have to pay attention to what's going on if you really want to understand the plot, otherwise it's just not worth it.

Asian films in general, as I've come to notice, tend to skip the subtitles rather quickly, and in this film there's lots of dialogue and cutting back and forth, so you really have to glue your eyes on the screen to make sure you don't miss anything.

I really don't know why Asian films do this, like, leaving the subtitles on for half a second longer would be enough to make a tremendous difference. I think this happens mostly with Chinese films, don't remember this being an issue with Korean/Japanese ones.

I liked the space special effects, but everything else on Earth was just meh, which is another thing that also irked me upon watching the trailers.

Anyways, I would say it was worth the watch, but the fast pace and overall choppy editing didn't do it any favors. A lot of moments, especially dramatic ones, could've been substantially improved by simply not cutting away so suddenly.

Only watch this if you're actually going to pay attention. I mean, not that the plot is THAT hard to follow, somewhat similar to Interstellar, really.

I might check out the book, might be better than the film and might even continue further.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 9 / 10 :hi


Overall thoughts on the third film in this franchise, Keanu Reeves delivers another amazing performance that showcases a nice combination of dialogue, action and brings the audience into remaining cheering for his character to overcome all odds (literally) this time around. The film picks up directly from "Chapter 2", where John fights for his life, after breaking the rules of his private and underground industry. Speaking of which, we learn a great deal more about this industry of power that seems to have connections in the real world that most are unaware of and we see this explored through returning and new characters.

I think, most people will like the film for what it delivers and that's what I expected from it and others may not. The conclusion was made clear, but there's more to tell and I am hoping for a "Chapter 4" a few years down the line, if everyone decides to come back on board for another one. Definitely be seeing this again this weekend and it's another of my highly anticipated films for 2019 (Glass, Us & It: Chapter 2) and so far again, I haven't been disappointed.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,288
Reaction score
24,921
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So, avatar 2 is coming.. Does anyone give a shit? Is anyone excited about this sequel? Is it too late for an avatar sequel?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, avatar 2 is coming.. Does anyone give a shit? Is anyone excited about this sequel? Is it too late for an avatar sequel?
I'm interested. Excited might be a bit of a strong term. But I liked the original and I'm not opposed to revisiting that world.
 

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
So here's all the films I saw this month. Only 1 one of these (Ruben Brandt, Collector) wasn't part of the film festival that I attended.

Present.Perfect.
Chinese documentary, about streaming in China, where we see a handful of streamers (some with peculiar disabilities) and how/why they stream. This documentary is literally a "copy/paste" of selected moments from their users, and in that regard I was somewhat disappointed, I was expecting a little bit more from it overall, or at the very least a larger, over-arching "plot" of sorts. Still, it's an interesting (but small) look into the streaming culture which literally exploded in China a few years ago, and as an outsider I guess there's something interesting about that.


Lost Holiday

A small, fun little movie, with a runtime of 75mins. It was the first feature by the directors (brothers I believe, one of whom is a main character as well). I kinda liked the "language" of the film, the way some of the things are shot/shown, but the story itself is nothing new. I guess this might be one of those cases where it's worth it to keep an eye on the directors, see what they will do next. It was a fine watch, but not memorable in any way.

Ruben Brandt, Collector

An animated film, with very interesting animation/looks overall. The sound mixing in general was really well done, and while the plot was promising/intriguing to a certain extent, it kinda loses itself along the way which is a damn shame. This is the first feature film by the director, and he totally deserves to make more films or even series in that same animated style/world, but for this film, the story just didn't deliver, which is damn unfortunate considering that the premise was really cool.

Jessica Forever
Oh boy... this one. If you do not recall, I mentioned having bought far too many tickets, so I ended up having to select more films than I had anticipated so as to not let the tickets go to waste, and this was one of them. I was DREADING going to see this one, not just because of its IMDB score (currently 4,6/10) but also based on some reviews that I had read. Well, turns out I really enjoyed it. I GET the low rating, and this film is definitely not for everyone, but for me it was super worth it and I'm really, really glad I went and saw it.


In Fabric

Was somewhat looking forward to this one because it was labeled as "horror", but... ehhh... It was an alright watch, it was fine, but nothing spectacular. Might be way too WTF for some audiences, so yeah. Kinda disappointed, although to be fair it is tagged as "horror/comedy", so there's that. There's some social commentary on there as well for sure, so yeah, I guess I was just expecting more out of the horror aspect.

The Yellow Night

Terrible brazilian "horror" film. Complete waste of time. You get the general idea, but nothing really happens. Ever. Ugh.

Where Does A Body End?
Documentary, about the band Swans. I saw them live almost two years ago, even though I wasn't too familiar with their work, and I really enjoyed the show (over two hours long, super intense), so I decided to give this documentary (the first "official"/authorized one) a shot, and I found it very interesting and very accessable to someone who might not know the band at all, which for me was a good thing.


Thou Shalt Not Kill

Romanian film, very realistic as it's inspired by some events that happened a few years ago. Basically, a doctor tries to tell hospital staff, police, politicians, pretty much the entire world, that patients are dying needlessly in hundreds of hospitals because they're using disinfectants (all by the same big company) that don't work. Thing is, literally everyone is aware of this fact but they pretend not to listen/care because they're in on it/getting paid. Really enjoyed this one, and after seeing Pororoca last year, I can safely say that Romania really knows how to portray realistic subjects in a near "documentary"-like way and still make it gripping.

Bait

This was a peculiar one due to how it was shot. If you were to be shown the trailer, just the trailer you probably wouldn't be able to tell that this film was made last year. It's pretty much what makes the film: how it was shot and how the story itself is told. Very original, but maybe a bit too specific for bigger audiences. Still, it was worth seeing it alone due to how it was shot.

Alva
For what it is, it's actually well shot and paced. Basically, a guy from a village commits a crime, and then flees into the woods where he spends the next few days. And that's literally it. Like, I saw the film just fine, as I said, for what the film turned out to be, it's actually relatively easy to sit through, but once I got to the end credits, it was pretty much "yep, nothing happened, kinda didn't have much of a point at all, I think", you know?


I was at home, but

So this film won the Silver Bear AND the Directing awards at the Berlin Film Festival... because of this, it was naturally a film that I wanted to check out. Big fucking mistake on my part. I absolutely hated it. It wasn't the "oh my god please let it end/someone kill me" kind of film, not at all. I sat through the whole thing with no effort at all, but as soon as the credits came up, my only thought was "this was literally nothing and a complete waste of my time and money". Based on the synopsis I had read, I was expecting something else entirely. We're literally treated to scenes after scenes that have little to no connection between them. Sorry but I didn't get it, might've gone completely over my head but I just don't see how I could ever possibly change my opinion on this one. Ridiculous.

Sophia Antipolis

Another one that didn't exactly match up with my expectations based on what I THOUGHT the movie was going to be about, but it turned out to be a really good surprise. What's more, and without getting into spoilers, when I got back home and was thinking about the film, I literally had a sudden realization/WTF moment where I literally, actually slapped my forehead when I realized something about the plot. I just couldn't believe it, and it kinda made me mad that I didn't realize it right away as I was watching the film. A real kick to the gut like I couldn't believe it.

Synonyms

This one won the Golden Bear. I liked it, and the main actor (first time role) was quite the revelation, definitely someone you want to keep your eyes on. The film is mostly autobiographical and based on some of the years of the director's life. I generally don't check out this type of films, but I found this one intriguing enough. It was also quite funny/humurous at times, but just know that if you decide to go and see it, you'll have to deal with a lot of graphic, frontal male nudity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently pondering whether it's worth to go and see Brightburn in theaters. I might go sometime next week, maybe. Anyone else seen it?

So, avatar 2 is coming.. Does anyone give a shit? Is anyone excited about this sequel? Is it too late for an avatar sequel?
You mean Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5, right? Because yeah, that's what we're getting.

Starting in 2021 (I think?) Disney will be alternating Star Wars/Avatar sequels being released every year in December, which is kinda crazy.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,288
Reaction score
24,921
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So here's all the films I saw this month. Only 1 one of these (Ruben Brandt, Collector) wasn't part of the film festival that I attended.

Present.Perfect.
Chinese documentary, about streaming in China, where we see a handful of streamers (some with peculiar disabilities) and how/why they stream. This documentary is literally a "copy/paste" of selected moments from their users, and in that regard I was somewhat disappointed, I was expecting a little bit more from it overall, or at the very least a larger, over-arching "plot" of sorts. Still, it's an interesting (but small) look into the streaming culture which literally exploded in China a few years ago, and as an outsider I guess there's something interesting about that.

Lost Holiday
A small, fun little movie, with a runtime of 75mins. It was the first feature by the directors (brothers I believe, one of whom is a main character as well). I kinda liked the "language" of the film, the way some of the things are shot/shown, but the story itself is nothing new. I guess this might be one of those cases where it's worth it to keep an eye on the directors, see what they will do next. It was a fine watch, but not memorable in any way.

Ruben Brandt, Collector
An animated film, with very interesting animation/looks overall. The sound mixing in general was really well done, and while the plot was promising/intriguing to a certain extent, it kinda loses itself along the way which is a damn shame. This is the first feature film by the director, and he totally deserves to make more films or even series in that same animated style/world, but for this film, the story just didn't deliver, which is damn unfortunate considering that the premise was really cool.

Jessica Forever
Oh boy... this one. If you do not recall, I mentioned having bought far too many tickets, so I ended up having to select more films than I had anticipated so as to not let the tickets go to waste, and this was one of them. I was DREADING going to see this one, not just because of its IMDB score (currently 4,6/10) but also based on some reviews that I had read. Well, turns out I really enjoyed it. I GET the low rating, and this film is definitely not for everyone, but for me it was super worth it and I'm really, really glad I went and saw it.

In Fabric
Was somewhat looking forward to this one because it was labeled as "horror", but... ehhh... It was an alright watch, it was fine, but nothing spectacular. Might be way too WTF for some audiences, so yeah. Kinda disappointed, although to be fair it is tagged as "horror/comedy", so there's that. There's some social commentary on there as well for sure, so yeah, I guess I was just expecting more out of the horror aspect.

The Yellow Night
Terrible brazilian "horror" film. Complete waste of time. You get the general idea, but nothing really happens. Ever. Ugh.

Where Does A Body End?
Documentary, about the band Swans. I saw them live almost two years ago, even though I wasn't too familiar with their work, and I really enjoyed the show (over two hours long, super intense), so I decided to give this documentary (the first "official"/authorized one) a shot, and I found it very interesting and very accessable to someone who might not know the band at all, which for me was a good thing.

Thou Shalt Not Kill
Romanian film, very realistic as it's inspired by some events that happened a few years ago. Basically, a doctor tries to tell hospital staff, police, politicians, pretty much the entire world, that patients are dying needlessly in hundreds of hospitals because they're using disinfectants (all by the same big company) that don't work. Thing is, literally everyone is aware of this fact but they pretend not to listen/care because they're in on it/getting paid. Really enjoyed this one, and after seeing Pororoca last year, I can safely say that Romania really knows how to portray realistic subjects in a near "documentary"-like way and still make it gripping.

Bait
This was a peculiar one due to how it was shot. If you were to be shown the trailer, just the trailer you probably wouldn't be able to tell that this film was made last year. It's pretty much what makes the film: how it was shot and how the story itself is told. Very original, but maybe a bit too specific for bigger audiences. Still, it was worth seeing it alone due to how it was shot.

Alva
For what it is, it's actually well shot and paced. Basically, a guy from a village commits a crime, and then flees into the woods where he spends the next few days. And that's literally it. Like, I saw the film just fine, as I said, for what the film turned out to be, it's actually relatively easy to sit through, but once I got to the end credits, it was pretty much "yep, nothing happened, kinda didn't have much of a point at all, I think", you know?

I was at home, but
So this film won the Silver Bear AND the Directing awards at the Berlin Film Festival... because of this, it was naturally a film that I wanted to check out. Big fucking mistake on my part. I absolutely hated it. It wasn't the "oh my god please let it end/someone kill me" kind of film, not at all. I sat through the whole thing with no effort at all, but as soon as the credits came up, my only thought was "this was literally nothing and a complete waste of my time and money". Based on the synopsis I had read, I was expecting something else entirely. We're literally treated to scenes after scenes that have little to no connection between them. Sorry but I didn't get it, might've gone completely over my head but I just don't see how I could ever possibly change my opinion on this one. Ridiculous.

Sophia Antipolis
Another one that didn't exactly match up with my expectations based on what I THOUGHT the movie was going to be about, but it turned out to be a really good surprise. What's more, and without getting into spoilers, when I got back home and was thinking about the film, I literally had a sudden realization/WTF moment where I literally, actually slapped my forehead when I realized something about the plot. I just couldn't believe it, and it kinda made me mad that I didn't realize it right away as I was watching the film. A real kick to the gut like I couldn't believe it.

Synonyms
This one won the Golden Bear. I liked it, and the main actor (first time role) was quite the revelation, definitely someone you want to keep your eyes on. The film is mostly autobiographical and based on some of the years of the director's life. I generally don't check out this type of films, but I found this one intriguing enough. It was also quite funny/humurous at times, but just know that if you decide to go and see it, you'll have to deal with a lot of graphic, frontal male nudity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently pondering whether it's worth to go and see Brightburn in theaters. I might go sometime next week, maybe. Anyone else seen it?



You mean Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5, right? Because yeah, that's what we're getting.

Starting in 2021 (I think?) Disney will be alternating Star Wars/Avatar sequels being released every year in December, which is kinda crazy.
Well, I look forward to seeing avatar 2 crash and burn and then see disney figuring out what to do with with the movies they have already spent potentially millions on producing by that point.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I look forward to seeing avatar 2 crash and burn and then see disney figuring out what to do with with the movies they have already spent potentially millions on producing by that point.
I never root for a movie to be bad. Besides they inherited Avatar from Fox. So it was Fox who paid for it.

I just don't know what they're going to do with it. Like the orginal was basically Dances with Wolves in space. Not sure where you go with that. Maybe Last of the Mohicans in space... I'd be up for that.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,288
Reaction score
24,921
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I never root for a movie to be bad. Besides they inherited Avatar from Fox. So it was Fox who paid for it.

I just don't know what they're going to do with it. Like the orginal was basically Dances with Wolves in space. Not sure where you go with that. Maybe Last of the Mohicans in space... I'd be up for that.
I am not specifically rooting for the movie to be bad. Its more like I have no faith whatsoever in it. The movie was cool because it was the first to be filmed fully in 3d and it looked cool but otherwise it never really had much going for it. It's relevance already expired.
 

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Well, I look forward to seeing avatar 2 crash and burn and then see disney figuring out what to do with with the movies they have already spent potentially millions on producing by that point.
I mean it's probably still gonna make money regardless, but to shoot 4 sequels at the same time just seems far too greedy for what it is.

Never seen the original btw, nor do I intend to.

I just don't know what they're going to do with it. Like the orginal was basically Dances with Wolves in space.
Literally Pocahontas
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am not specifically rooting for the movie to be bad. Its more like I have no faith whatsoever in it. The movie was cool because it was the first to be filmed fully in 3d and it looked cool but otherwise it never really had much going for it. It's relevance already expired.
A good sci-fi movie is always relevant. The question is will it be good?

I mean it's probably still gonna make money regardless, but to shoot 4 sequels at the same time just seems far too greedy for what it is.

Never seen the original btw, nor do I intend to.
It's not a bad movie. In fact it's a pretty good time if your not expecting it to deliver the moon and stars.

Literally Pocahontas
It's not too far off. But not as close at that's pretending it is. Not to mention...
http://hollywoodandswine.com/james-...-actually-stole-plot-from-dances-with-wolves/

So yeah, it's dances with wolves alright. 100%.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Which is not the worst thing in the world. Dances with Wolves is a solid movie. If all the Avatar moves just turn out to be Sci-Fi remixes of classic movies, count me in.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 8 / 10 :super

Recently watched both "Godzilla (2014)" and "Kong: Skull Island" back to back before seeing this next entry in WB's monsterverse or whatever this past weekend. Overall, it's a monster battle film that's explained through the human characters and the most you can come away with this is enjoying the fights that have made this franchise so popular for so long. It's been recorded that the Godzilla franchise is the biggest in film history to the date over others like James Bond or Harry Potter.

If you want to see fighting amongst these famous characters I recommend it and I think, what there building towards for next year's "Kong vs. Godzilla" seems to be bigger epic coming up.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just saw Godzilla King of Monsters as well.

Not really sure how to rate it honestly. My feelings are mixed. On the one hand I was entertained. Didn't like it as much as Kong Skull Island or even Godzilla (2014). I feel like there is a real struggle in these movies to balance the human characters with the monsters. How much to focus on what. The human side of the plot in KoM was probably the worst yet. Some really questionable writing in there. But the overall plot with the monsters fighting was actually pretty engaging. So if you turn your brain off and just enjoy the spectacle it can be a good time. Just don't expect to care about the humans.

So like a 7 out of 10 for me. I guess. I had fun.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I haven't seen it yet but the reviews for Dark Phoenix are making me...


The Dark Phoenix saga from the X-Men comics was one of the finest stories ever produced for comics.
I WILL go to the movie, but..
I will also have low expectations.
It may be the only thing I can do to defend my soul from what I am expecting.

Please don't mess this up Sony/Disney/20th Century Fox.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,288
Reaction score
24,921
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Saw the dark phoenix movie....

It's basically all meh. Plot is meh, execution is meh, action scenes are meh. The movie should be renamed X-meh: bland phoenix.

The first thing that comes to mind with the movie is... it at times doesn't seem to decide on what sort of movie it is. Or what it is about. It tries to be about phoenix and aliens but it really fails to deliver on either plot.

The movie also does not quite explain on what the phoenix is... If you know xmen lore it will make some sense but otherwise it's just nonsense. It also tells almost nothing about the movie's antagonists. Aliens from... somewhere? I was guessing skrulls but its never said.

I also got frustrated with the movie on how it handled jean. It tried to sell xavier as someone who made a bunch of bad stuff to jean but it doesn't even sell that too well. And this is mcavoy, the guy can usually sell anything. And then when dealing with jean... no xmen makes a real attempt to communicate or understand jean. Well, mystique incompetently tries to do it but gets a meh death for it. And from then you see half the xmen just going.... nuts? Hank just goes full vendetta mode... As in, full on blood rage. Which... is hard to buy tbh. Magneto stops giving all fucks about the mutant society he is trying to create and goes into full vengeance mode.

And the fights... in the last movie we see magneto pretty much tearing the world in half by himself. In this one he... doesn't. It's like he got nerfed for no reason. And it fells this way for most people in the movie.
 
Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I finally got to see Dark Phoenix...
... and I’m forced to ask myself... “was that Really, Seriously, Dark Phoenix?”

Why produce a multi million dollar movie version of a great story, and yet, not actually use that story in more than a superficial way?!

Please use the original story! Don’t get creative! Please plagiarize! Copy it verbatim, if possible!
I have the original story in my old comic book collection and I will have to reread it to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

The only reason I can think of, of producing an original version of this story, would be to minimize the amount of licensing revenue with Marvel that they have to do. I have bad news for you Sony/Disney/20th Century Fox... in another 40 years, I’ll still be able to pull this story out of my collection, to read it, but I won’t be able to watch a copy of your cheap knockoff version. It won’t be on my shelf.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Toy Story 4 :hi

I was wondering how they were going to continue this series after the third film ending the saga off perfectly. That said, this particular film is really about the "toys" this time and where they truly fit in as far as existing for themselves and having a grand adventure and all that good stuff. Like the new characters that were added and the another truly great sequel. My only real complaint is, I hope, this concludes everything and Pixar and Disney doesn't get greedy and ruin things with a Part 5 or 6.
 

theashcat

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
15
Age
34
Country
United States
Well, to be honest, I thought Toy Story 4 is unnecessary because of how the third one ended. Good thing I still watched this and I enjoyed the movie through the end.
 
Top