I barely saw any movies this year, but I find it pretty interesting that the most "Oscar movie" of all time, lost in so many categories.
What movie would that be?I barely saw any movies this year, but I find it pretty interesting that the most "Oscar movie" of all time, lost in so many categories.
Trust me, Redmayne deserves it completelyWhat movie would that be?
I haven't seen the Theory of Everything but I've seen Birdman and I was hoping for Keaton to get this one.
Weren't you someone who said it was overrated? That the concept is why it's popular, not because of the actual meat of the movie?Lol, i would say it´s the opposite, indie movie with no real backing in the Academy, no huge star to draw attention and the movie itself is so different from the oscar winner of the last decade, not to forget it was Linklater´s passion project for 12 years.
Yep, two different things, no? I do not think it´s that special of a movie, the hype is mostly based on the gimmick of shooting it for 12 years and maybe the nostalgia for those that had a similar childhood (not the case for me, like at all) but that does not mean it has to be an oscar bait, at least not if i understood the term correctly.Weren't you someone who said it was overrated? That the concept is why it's popular, not because of the actual meat of the movie?

For me it's not far from being the worst big budget movie of 2014. You already know the story, it's incredibly slow, it takes itself seriously, special effects are not saving the movie.Is Exodus Gods and Kings any good?
Noah! NO! I hated that movie. Thanks, I definitely won't waste my time thenFor me it's not far from being the worst big budget movie of 2014. You already know the story, it's incredibly slow, it takes itself seriously, special effects are not saving the movie.
Noah was better ... and I hated Noah.

, so it ended up feeling abit rushed.
I warned you.I watched Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)--it was so-so. I think the main reason why I was not too intrigued by the film--is due to the fact that I'm atheist, therefore I was somewhat repulsed by the overwhelming biblical context of the film--which I find hard to believe while trying to apply reason. Plus, the movie was awfully slow--which made things worse...; however, I will commend the film for its special effects, costume design, and portrayal of that time.
