Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No soon as I read ust post I seen a right up about Russell crowe making a cameo in the movie as dr.jeckyll.
Gotta admit I like this move to combine the monsterverse....kinda over these good guy movies xD.

Idk jammin.....I liked Tom in that sci fi one where he kept repeating the same day over and over.
The last mission impossible was pretty decent.
Edge of Tomorrow, I think was the name of that one. Never saw it. So maybe I just haven't seen his better movies lately.
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Edge of Tomorrow, I think was the name of that one. Never saw it. So maybe I just haven't seen his better movies lately.
It is, i recommend it:)
Any news of Alien-Covenant?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Edge of Tomorrow, I think was the name of that one. Never saw it. So maybe I just haven't seen his better movies lately.
That movie was alright. But mainly, with Cruise, I think his movies are okay... but there aren't many roles which I truly remember him for. His billing is high, yet other actors of his billing have more memorable roles in my opinion.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think the combined universe could work, if done stylishly. Kinda like League of the Extraordinary Gentlemen (the comics). Based on the trailer, would not bet for it though.

I'm actually more hopeful for the shared Kong-Godzilla filmverse. I liked the latest Zilla film, and Kong trailer is not bad. Though I have a thing for kaiju films.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ust....is gilman suppose to be creature from the black lagoon?:x3
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haha.....nice

Now all we need is a body snatchers reboot:XD
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Hell yes! I love both of the Body Snatchers films. Not just the camp aspects, but there is something really fascinating (and horrifying) in the concept.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ofc its scary....yo ass cant fall asleep:lmao
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I googled and actually there is as recent remake of it as from 2007 starring Daniel Craic. Apparently it sucks.

There is also a 90s remake, that I haven't seen.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Me neither...last one i seen was with ol man sutherland xD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
To shed some light into this Mummy reboot thing - this is Universals attempt at the shared cinematic universe game, that has been so successful for Marvel. They are actually rebooting a ton of classic horror monsters they have rights for, and eventually they all clash in some sort of battle royale /League of The Extraordinary Gentleman kind of thing.

In addition to Mummy, in works are Dr. Jekyll (Russel Crowe), Frankensteins Monster (Javier Bardem) and the Invisible Man (Johnny Depp). Apparently Tom Cruises hero character will be some kind of a link between them. In addition to these, they also have lined that Dracula, Van Helsing, Wolfman, Gilman and Bride of Frankestein are to be joining this shared universe.
That seems like one of the most contrived, corporate-mandated film-making nonsense I've heard in a long time.......

But fuck, if it has good people attached to it and it's entertaining, who cares :lmao

Edge of Tomorrow, I think was the name of that one. Never saw it. So maybe I just haven't seen his better movies lately.
It's a really solid scifi/action movie. It isn't terrible caught up in the conceptual nuts and bolts. A fun ride.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the trailer for Spider-Man Homecoming :


I think both Marvel and Sony have released trailers, this I believe is the Marvel one.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I was actually rather dissapointed with Rogue One. First half of the film was just awful pointless jumping from planet to planet. Nods to original trilogy were mostly awkwardly glued on it, didn't intergrate well with what was actually happening with the story. Some characters were awfully under developed and explained.

Apparently also climbing is faster than elevators.

But towards the end it got better. Gareth Edwards has a talent for delivering chaos, dread and utter hopelessness (war) on screen thorough images. He did it great in Godzilla and it was great in Rogue One as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, and the music was weird at times. I get is is hard to step in Williams boots, but it seemed almost as if the new composer tried too hard to do Star Wars differently.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, the music was done better by Williams, I must admit.
And climbing instead of using an elevator was faster in this instance, since they were locked in and if they got out, there would have been all those stormtroopers to "excuse me" through. :D

Oh, and also, that "data block" looked a lot like an old clunky hard drive. Good thing they updated the technology otherwise R2D2 might not have been able to escape with it in the beginning of A New Hope. :XD
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Well, the music was done better by Williams, I must admit.
And climbing instead of using an elevator was faster in this instance, since they were locked in and if they got out, there would have been all those stormtroopers to "excuse me" through. :D

Oh, and also, that "data block" looked a lot like an old clunky hard drive. Good thing they updated the technology otherwise R2D2 might not have been able to escape with it in the beginning of A New Hope. :XD
No no, I meant in the

End, Jyn climbed faster to the top of the tower than Krennic came with an elevator. Also for some reason Krenni dropped of his troopers while coming up chasing Jyn. Common sense would have been Krennic waiting up there with a troop
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
No no, I meant in the

End, Jyn climbed faster to the top of the tower than Krennic came with an elevator. Also for some reason Krenni dropped of his troopers while coming up chasing Jyn. Common sense would have been Krennic waiting up there with a troop
But common sense has no place in an action movie!
Krennic brought 2 black stormtroopers with him and they both got shot in the data tower before he went up to the top in the elevator. Maybe there was no access to the elevator on that floor so he had to go all the way back down then take it up again?
Imperial Designers and scientists always sabotage their creations to get revenge. :XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I was actually rather dissapointed with Rogue One. First half of the film was just awful pointless jumping from planet to planet. Nods to original trilogy were mostly awkwardly glued on it, didn't intergrate well with what was actually happening with the story. Some characters were awfully under developed and explained.
This is pretty much what I'm hearing from more of the "harsher" critics. You have some people like that but then you also have some critics ranting and raving and calling it the best Star Wars has been since Empire. So wtf is it? :lmao Most of the negative things I've seen seem to do with a lot of the characters being rather shallow and too many nerd-references being jammed into it instead of exploring the established story's loose ends.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, I'm in the 2nd camp! It's way better than Any of the prequel movies.
One of the things I liked was how they brought back to life many actors from the original movie that would, in real life, be 40 years older than they would have been then... if not dead. There is at least one actor resurrected to reprise his/her role, and it was very welcome! (Even if their performance seemed a little "cardboard cutout"-ish. What can you expect of the un-dead? :XD )
 
Top