Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I want to watch "This is the end" by Seth Rogen... They're all acting as themselves so...
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"What did you expect?. Welcome sunny...make yourself at home...?. Marry my daughter?.
You gotta remember, these are simple farmers. These are people of the land, the common clave of the new west.
You know....morons".

-Gene Wilder as "The Waco Kid" in "Blazing Saddles".
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just watched Olympus had fallen and Purge, and I have to say that they were pretty sick. Is World War Z any good?
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yea I might give olympus has fallen a chance as well. I've heard good things about it.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yea I might give olympus has fallen a chance as well. I've heard good things about it.
Olympus has fallen is one of the worst movies i have seen in a while but make your own judgement of course

 
Last edited by a moderator:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hmm... does that mean.... a trilogy remake is in order?
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
hmm... does that mean.... a trilogy remake is in order?
Doubt it. They probably only chose Oldboy because it was the financially most successful and generally the most praised one out of the trilogy. My personal favorite is the third one, "Lady Vengeance", though.

You can already see that they scratched the
incest considering that his daughter is kidnapped and he already knows how she looks like, unless of course they choose to trick the audience.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Olympus has fallen is one of the worst movies i have seen in a while but make your own judgement of course

obviously its not the best movie, but compared to all the other crappy movies that are made these days, it's really not that bad.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I'm looking forward to Oldboy remake <probably for the first time I'm anticipating a remake :p> just because director is Spike Lee <and I'm sure he choose this project with respect and knew whats up with the idea of remakes>
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yeah i liked Lady Vengeance too. i dont think it can be remade for hollywood though.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
G.I. Joe retaliation turned out to be a wastage of time. Plot was really weak and even the cinematic weren't enough to think it as a decent watch. Next up, going to watch World War Z in theater on Sunday.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm watching Before Midnight tomorrow... will get back to you on that one...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
OMG Before Midnight!

I LOVED IT! I FUCKING LOVED IT!

I laughed a lot, I cried, I smiled, jesus I loved it!
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
OMG Before Midnight!

I LOVED IT! I FUCKING LOVED IT!

I laughed a lot, I cried, I smiled, jesus I loved it!
Definitely one of my favorite trilogies or just movies in general. It was quite interesting to see those 2 in three different stages of their life and i have to say, even though that adventurous feeling of the first movie was lost, deliberately of course, the movies never lost their charm.

My favorite conversations probably were the 10 minutes in the car at the beginning (how the kittens died, cruelest thing ever), the dinner with all the characters and the last one in which Jesse slowly but steady wins her back. I thought the hotel scene was a bit over the top but the 2 actors were brilliant again.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
13 is quite a fucked up movie. I found it entertaining, but it's kinda fucked up.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Definitely one of my favorite trilogies or just movies in general. It was quite interesting to see those 2 in three different stages of their life and i have to say, even though that adventurous feeling of the first movie was lost, deliberately of course, the movies never lost their charm.

My favorite conversations probably were the 10 minutes in the car at the beginning (how the kittens died, cruelest thing ever), the dinner with all the characters and the last one in which Jesse slowly but steady wins her back. I thought the hotel scene was a bit over the top but the 2 actors were brilliant again.
it was the opposite for me, I LOVED THE HOTEL SCENE. That was the funniest part that tears came out of my eyes. I dunno, I could just so relate to the entire tirade.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
https://www.youtube.com/show/criticspicks/videos

^^Trying to watch some classics that I have not seen over the years. Just saw Dog Day Afternoon, this youtube channel is really helpful in getting me into some of the greats.

Late nights/mornings at home are movie night once again. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top