Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone seen Zero Dark Thirty yet? There's been a lot of hype surrounding this movie, but all I've heard so far from people who went to go see it is that the film was "meh".
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Just had the chance to watch The Perks of Being a Wallflower. What can I say, I really liked it. I love the cast (the main trio were great), the soundtrack, and the feeling I had after watching it. Good job to the original writer of the novel for he adapted his work to the big screen pretty well and showed he has potential in the movie scene. I'm looking forward to his future works as a director.

My personal favorite part of the movie was this

And Emma Watson is gorgeous. :derp
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A bit late, but here is a nice fanpic for The Hobbit. :D



The Perks of Being a Wallflower better not be disappointing, I'm going to watch it tomorrow because of you ... and Emma. :P
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Anybody watched Pitch Perfect? My friends are recommending it to me and singing the soundtrack like crazy.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
^ Pitch Perfect is pretty funny, so I think you'll enjoy it. Oddly enough, I'd rather the soundtrack would release some of the dj mashups featured in the film rather than the acapella renditions of famous songs.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
watched Silver Linings Playbook. Entertaining, but maybe not memorable.

Pitch Perfect was meh for me. i expected more from it because my friends hyped it so much. In the end it felt like just any other college movie.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Anybody watched Pitch Perfect? My friends are recommending it to me and singing the soundtrack like crazy.
It was entertaining, more so than many other movies this year. Not great, but worth and fulfilling for what it's aimed to be.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah I heard that it was a great comedy but personally I didn't find it anything special. Entertaining yes, but it was still very similar to many other comedies. I watched Silver Linings Playbook and enjoyed it a lot. It had a great cast and I can see Jennifer Lawrence winning best actress, but then again I haven't really seen the other nominees' performances in their respective films.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Like Maybe.... Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables?

Jesus she could act with her face alone!

First fifteen minutes into the movie and I'm already crying because five minutes were zoomed into Anne's face singing and doing nothing else, but that brought fucking tears out of me!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Like Maybe.... Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables?

Jesus she could act with her face alone!

First fifteen minutes into the movie and I'm already crying because five minutes were zoomed into Anne's face singing and doing nothing else, but that brought fucking tears out of me!
She won best supporting actress at the Golden Globes and is favourite to also win the same at the Oscars next month. Jessica Chastain will most likely get the nod for Best Actress for Zero Dark Thirty. I've not seen it yet so I can't judge how deserving a win it would be. If Jennifer Lawrence were to win, it'd be huge for her career.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Just saw hansel and gretel. I saw the trailer a couple months ago and I have to say, I expected the movie to be outright horrible. I mean, the trailer made it look so bad I actually resisted going to the movies at all to see it. Still, seeing I found the movie to be quite enjoyable. Kinda like when I expected abraham lincon: Vampire hunter to suck but turning out to be surprisingly adequate except that vampire hunter was better overall.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Direct to dvd sequel or cheap rip off? :P
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Probably not. I'm sure it's an Asylum Films (or whatever they're called now) knock-off. You know, the guys who did Transmorphers.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Anyone seen Zero Dark Thirty yet? There's been a lot of hype surrounding this movie, but all I've heard so far from people who went to go see it is that the film was "meh".
It´s the same thing that happened with "Hurt Locker", a good movie at best being praised to no end because of its topic rather than the execution, though i have to say that Jessica Chastain is really good.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A self praising movie with important facts changed to fit into a two hour action movie, I don't think it will do nearly as good anywhere outside the us itself, will watch it on BD though. I hope no viewer really believes that this is how it really happened.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I was on imdb and I saw some interesting titles coming this year. Please share your thoughts on the upcoming movies you are excited about?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Man of Steel mostly, The Great Gatsby, Wolverine 2 maybe? I saw maybe because the first one didn't really do it for me.

Oh Pacific Rim :nod.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Great Gatsby fo sho. Leo doesn't fuck anything up.

I was excited for Pacific Rim until someone pointed out that the "evil" in the movie is just a big stupid giant you know? like some power rangers villain of the week feel to it. Like, the Kraken in Clash of the Titans.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
watched Silver Linings Playbook. Entertaining, but maybe not memorable.

Pitch Perfect was meh for me. i expected more from it because my friends hyped it so much. In the end it felt like just any other college movie.
Yeah, it was nothing overly flashy or anything. A fantastic movie nonetheless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top