Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,227
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't know why they had to give him that Paintjob. If they call him the Iron Patriot, the fanboys will burn the Internet down.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Poster looks so badly done, oh my... Marvel hasn't enough money to hire a good artist? Oo But don't fear that's War Machine with the Iron Patriot painting job.

Of all the super hero movies that will come out this year, IM3 might be on the bottom of the to view list. The second one was to much of a disappointment. Here is comicbookgirl19 giving a preview of the '13 super-hero flicks:

Peter Dinklage, our favourite midget from the Game of Thrones series has announced that he's part of the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie. :D And other news infos from Brian Singer about the time-line of the sequel.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,227
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm sorry, I don't see a reason to make him look like the Iron Patriot. The majority who'll see it don't even know who that is, but even then, it looks completely stupid. War Machine and Iron Patriot are two completely different characters with different motivations. Stupid.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't care, stopped reading marvel a couple years ago. And as you said the only ones knowing and complaining will be the comic fans anyhow. Can't stand this patriotism topic anyway.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,227
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't care, stopped reading marvel a couple years ago. And as you said the only ones knowing and complaining will be the comic fans anyhow. Can't stand this patriotism topic anyway.
I don't read them much any more either, but keep abreast of things. The Iron Patriot in the comics is actually a villain, with the patriotism being a ruse. That's the whole point. Just because Rhodes is military doesn't mean they need to paint him up like that. It's silly.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
as what? :oh
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
As of now it's not been revealed. Speculations say Bolivar Trask, but the Alpha Flight member Puck's name has also been mentioned, based on physical resemblance.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh dear lord just watched TED, lol. :XD I did not expect anything less from Seth but this was really something interesting. A foul mouthed talking kid's toy with grown up manners, haha, that never gets old, I hope they win the one Oscar they were nominated for. :p
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,227
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That movie is way over hyped. It's funny, but it isn't that funny...stick to cartoons brah
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That movie is way over hyped. It's funny, but it isn't that funny...stick to cartoons brah
The teddy basically made it for me, though I do find Mila and Mark annoying actors, it was a nice blend for them to play these roles, dunno.

What else will they play on the bus ride home from uni? :XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,227
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The teddy basically made it for me, though I do find Mila and Mark annoying actors, it was a nice blend for them to play these roles, dunno.

What else will they play on the bus ride home from uni? :XD
It wasn't a bad movie or unfunny. But they advertise it as the funniest move ever and that's not even close.

They played that? :oh
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It wasn't a bad movie or unfunny. But they advertise it as the funniest move ever and that's not even close.

They played that? :oh
Did they? :O Wow, did not know that, it as fun but not the BEST. O_o

Yeah, the TV just sort of started I was expecting a sleepy and rainy way home, but the set started playing, and it was all good after that. :D
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Ted was basically an very extended episode of family guy.... Its fun as hell but note quite an outright epic comedy.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,227
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Ted was basically an very extended episode of family guy.... Its fun as hell but note quite an outright epic comedy.
I have great memories of several dozen episodes of Family Guy that make me laugh (longer than a movie obviously :XD). I can't remember a single funny scene from Ted that really sticks out. I don't know if his humor is better suited for cartoons, or if he didn't work with the same writers for Ted that he does with his cartoons or what.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Just watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I really like this movie. Its been a while for me to have watched a Drama + Romance kind of movie. I haven't read the book. Hopefully, I will find it here.
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
I just finished watching The Master. A good, but can be a bit boring, psychological drama. I could understand why it was snubbed for Best Picture but Joaquin Phoenix and Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Best Actor/Supporting are just not right.

EDIT: I'm watching the Academy, so Hoffman and Phoenix wasn't snubbed. My bad (haven't really reviewed the nominations). Really great to see that the winners were varied from different films.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Family Guy honestly sucks though, far too overrated.


The fifth Die Hard movie was good. Not Die Hard good, IMO, but it was good enough. I was sleepy as hell and dozed off few times near the beginning though.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Here's a short summary of thoughts on all the movies of 2012 I watched (pretty much):

Life of Pi is one of the most visually stunning movies I have ever seen. And the story is one of those great ones, it drew me in right away with very little means before the really amazing visuals punched me in the head and made me wish the whole world looked like that, all the time. And the movie has a nice message as well, the way I interpreted it anyway. 8/10, bordering on a 9.

Django Unchained was awesome. The characters were fantastic, both due to the great script and the astonishing acting performances. DiCaprio's best role apart from What's Eating Gilbert Grape, if you can even compare those two roles. Also, Waltz shines again and Samuel L Jackson's character is greatly fascinating and well-written, not to mention well acted. Full of great Tarantinoey dialogue and a very Tarantinoey revenge plot with some buddy movie elements incorporated into it, I loved this one. Call me uncultured and fanboy but I really did. 9/10

Seven Psychopaths was another really entertaining movie. Well written with many hilarious moments, a lot of meta humor and most of all great, great characters. With a cast of Colin Farrell (teaming up with In Bruges director/writer Martin McDonagh again), Sam Rockwell, Christopher Walken, Woody Harrelson and coolest man that ever lived Tom Waits, this one kept me entertained throughout the entire thing. I can't guarantee you'll feel the same way, but either way it's worth watching. 9/10

Moonrise Kingdom is another one of those movies I get if others don't enjoy as much as I did (my girlfriend mostly thought it was weird and awkward). If you've seen Wes Anderson's other films, you know what you're getting into. Quirky, cutesy, tongue-in-cheek and just so very feel-good in a grey, yet hopeful way. The main characters are just so likably weird which is something I've been kind of missing in the last couple of Anderson's movies, and the ensemble is splendid (though just look at the cast list and you'd figure that). It's hard to describe why I enjoyed it as much as I did, but I recommend it to anyone who like Wes Anderson and that kind of indie comedies in general. 8/10

I saw Silver Linings Playbook and it was pretty good but very uneven... "tonally" (if that's a word). Jennifer Lawrence deserves the Oscar though, she was the bright spot. Bradley Cooper showed that he's a darn good actor as well and not just "the Hangover guy". Robert De Niro was better than he's been lately but I don't think he deserved to be nominated for an Oscar, to be honest. 7/10

Brave was disappointing. I would've wanted to see the original movie before they re-wrote it halfway through the animation process... Where basically it was supposed to be much darker in its tone, the "bad bear" would play a much bigger part and just basically not as many half-assed jokes that barely worked. Nice animation, however. And the story, though basically just bits and pieces from 10 other films, kept me watching throughout the whole thing. So it wasn't bad. 6/10

Wreck-It Ralph on the other hand was really funny, clever and just so entertaining to watch. Disney Animation studios have actually been delivering good movies more steadily than Pixar lately, with Princess and the Frog, Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph. For the stunning animation, the great characters and all-round hilarity it gets 8/10.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was fun. Much more fun than that other Lincoln movie seems... Honestly, Daniel Day-Lewis is the only thing that draws me to that one. I guess Americans will enjoy it more, but it's just a guess. Anyway, I had no expectations for this one and maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much. It feels sort of poorly paced and it's not anything spectacular when it comes to the script, but the style and the over-the-topness of it made it a fun watch for me. Just don't take it seriously, whatever you do. 7/10

Men In Black 3 was a lot better than I thought, and an actual worthy sequel to the first one, unlike MIIB... This one was funny, pretty clever, had some great characters and Josh Brolin is spot-on as a young Agent K. Still, even though it was entertaining I wouldn't say it's a must-watch. Watch it if you liked the first one! 7/10

Taken 2 was a major disappointment. That's all I have to say. 4/10 (for reference, the original is a solid 8/10 imo)

I don't have time to talk about The Hobbit now, since I have a lot to say about it. But I'd give it an 8/10.

The ones I plan to see still are Skyfall, Looper, Les Miserables, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Amour, Flight, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Frankenweenie, Cloud Atlas and possibly some other ones I'm forgetting. Argo, maybe. Lincoln, maybe.

Please tell me if there are any real must-see movies I've missed this year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top