Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
how is it that everybody's praising it so much?

okay so I wasn't so much of the FnF fan. I watched the first two movies and that's it. I mean, I didn't hate it, but, I was wondering if I could still watch FF6 and enjoy it given my viewing history?
To be honest the F&F movies are a lot about fanservice, and for once I don't care. Kind of like The Expendables. You just laugh at the ridiculous stuff that makes it "cool" and deem it awesome. Plus The Rock instantly makes the movie cool.

Let's just say I can't say anything about the ending. But the whole crowd at the theater where I was at erupted, lol.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It is essentially The Expandables but with cars. I thouroughly enjoyed watching the film, I didn't go to see it hoping for the plot to captivate me, but more for the ridiculous actions sequences and comedy; which you get plenty of.
The guys behind the franchise really tried to bring as much of the previously unexplained plot together and tie all the film series. I was gutted one of the character's stories didn't end like I'd hoped it would.

Really can't wait for the next one, it's just gonna be so good. Nuno, that ending had a few guys squealing in my cinema; but I had spoiled myself months ago over it, so I knew about it but was not expecting it to unfold like that.

:blai
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Lol I can't believe I managed to keep away from that spoiler. I was massively surprised :XD

Everyone just went "OH HELL YEAH!!!!"
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Just went on a mission impossible marathon on netflix. 2 is still by far the crapest and 4 the greatest. I actually didnt know it was from a 60's tv show. Which I ended up watching a bit of as well.
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Just went on a mission impossible marathon on netflix. 2 is still by far the crapest and 4 the greatest. I actually didnt know it was from a 60's tv show. Which I ended up watching a bit of as well.
Totally agreed.
The MI music theme version of the 2th is really good though. In the 4th, among many other things like the team, I loved how all the hight tech tools failed one after another. :D

I've never watched any Fast&Furious, totally not appealed by it, but if it's a funny fanservice like the expendables maybe...
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
First image for the live action of Kiki's Delivery Service:


source: comingsoon.net

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Guillermo Del Toro is insane, I didn't realise that he'd built the whole interior helmet of the Jaegers for this movie. Anyways, watch this clip and look forward to the movie:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood & The Master) is adapting his next movie, "Inherent Vice" with Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro and Reese Witherspoon. Can't wait for his next masterpiece.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
13-min featurette for Man of Steel :blai

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell


Iron Man 3 now at the 5th spot.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
wut, Avatar actually surpassed Titanic?? hot damn.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I watched 21 and over... one of the worst fimls that I ever remember watching
on the bright side, I watched Lopper and I found it really interesting. The perks of being a wallflower was kite good too.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I saw Star Trek : Into Darkness the other day and I really liked it. I don't know if it was really a good movie or anything to the critics since I didn't read any reviews.. But it was personally very good in my eyes. I just love the whole Star Trek atmosphere. The effects were great, it was a nice follow up to the first film, and BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH :arf. I hope they make another, I really loved the first two.

Star Trek > Star Wars

I know I'm gonna get some flame for that. :derp
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I saw Star Trek : Into Darkness the other day and I really liked it. I don't know if it was really a good movie or anything to the critics since I didn't read any reviews.. But it was personally very good in my eyes. I just love the whole Star Trek atmosphere. The effects were great, it was a nice follow up to the first film, and BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH :arf. I hope they make another, I really loved the first two.

Star Trek > Star Wars

I know I'm gonna get some flame for that. :derp
you watch the tv series?
you watch the old star trek movies?
or only the recent movies?
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Does anyone plan on watching the Internship? :XD lol.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Another Earth, I didn't see it & I probable won't. Will smith need to stop involving his son in all his projects. It's really great to see a superstar that close to his child and I understand him wanting to involve his son ... But there is a problem: Jaden Smith is unbearable as a "star". And that's why will smith needs to stop before his son become as hated as Justin Bieber.

For example, there was the "Graham Norton Show" recently & there was a fantastic show by Will, Jazz, Carlton ... & Jaden. Jaden didn't belong to that scene with the three former "Fresh Prince of BelAir" heroes.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
you watch the tv series?
you watch the old star trek movies?
or only the recent movies?
I haven't seen any of the television series all the way through, but I've definitely seen a good sum.
I have not seen the older movies though.
Definitely the recent movies! :nod

Does anyone plan on watching the Internship? :XD lol.
No. It looks like complete shit. xP
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I saw Star Trek : Into Darkness the other day and I really liked it. I don't know if it was really a good movie or anything to the critics since I didn't read any reviews.. But it was personally very good in my eyes. I just love the whole Star Trek atmosphere. The effects were great, it was a nice follow up to the first film, and BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH :arf. I hope they make another, I really loved the first two.
I've just seen it tonight and I have to say Benedict Cumberbatch is just fantastic. It's a really good film and quite a number of emotional scenes and lots of actions. I had spoiled myself regarding the "twist" and as I was watchign the film I expected it get it quite far into the film but we get fast and credit to Abrams, he explains all the mystery quite well.

I wasn't particularly overjoyed to see Leonard Nemoy again, I feel like he's being used to keep the old Trekkies interested in the films, but he played a key role and it was brief, so I can live with it.

Kirk's outcome was soooooo obvious to me :bored.
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
SW: Ep VII will apparently be about the Solo twins.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

New Trailer!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top