Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I just saw Riddick. Awful from beginning to end. Easily the worst movie I've seen this year (and I have seen gallowwalkers for example ...). It's stupid, it's taking itself seriously & acting is worst than everything. It will already be hard for most people to go through the first 30 minutes of "riddick vs wild" ... and it's still the "best" part of the movie.

An absolute horror.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like I've not been cinema in aaaaages. What's everyone looking forward to or seen lately? Besides zellogan's review of Riddick (:teehee).
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I feel like I've not been cinema in aaaaages. What's everyone looking forward to or seen lately? Besides zellogan's review of Riddick (:teehee).
This is the end - Great comedy, some scenes were a bit awkward like in all Seth Rogen comedies but all in all, it was very good
Now you see me- very interesting, somewhat predictable but still very entertaining
World War Z - somewhat extraordinary zombie movie but in the end, it´s still a zombie movie, not that good to be honest
The World´s End - not as good as Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, still my favorite comedy of the year together with this is the end
Mud - very good
Stoker - also very good, still inferior to Park´s previous movies, probably because Park is not used to the role of a director in the US
Pain & Gain - pure shit
We´re the millers - surprisingly funny
Trance - very good idea behind the movie, did not entirely accomplish what it wanted to do but still a very good watch
Much ado about nothing - great movie

If you plan to go to the cinema the next few days, i recommend either Much ado about nothing(assuming they are screening it in the near vicinity) or Filth, the movie i am most looking forward to.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I heard Park had a translator the entire time he was filming Stoker. Imagine that language barrier, and he was still able to pull it off.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Have seen Behind the Calendebra, 90% of the movie had golden/yellow shading and both main characters had their fabulousness shining too, I suppose it was good in what it was supposed to be. Makes me wish they would still sell those nice bulbs.


Nooooooooooooooo, and I had high hopes for Riddick, maybe I will still be able to enjoy it. Where does it rank with Elysium being a ten, which it clearly is not.

Much Ado About Nothing, so easily recognizable as a Whedon movie with so all those actors from his past shows/movies. :D
 
Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I heard Park had a translator the entire time he was filming Stoker. Imagine that language barrier, and he was still able to pull it off.
The language barrier is one issue of course, the different system is probably the other and most significant one. In Korea, the directors have way more rights and freedom. Here is an interesting article regarding that topic.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Don't know what to think about another Transformers movie featuring Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor. Can't be worse than the tragedy of the first three, Pelz looks damn good grown up [Phew! she's 18 already] and with Shia out of the picture, it might have some convincing lead. :P
 

Xerous

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
977
Reaction score
371
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I actually enjoyed Riddick although I will say some scenes were unnecessary.

World War Z-Surprisingly entertaining I can't wait for the next one.

I finally saw Scarface it was okay for me but it didn't live up to the hype.

I also just watched The Godfather trilogy and I enjoyed them I would rank 1,3,2 but that's just my opinion.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Good for you on watching The Godfather!

I always loved 1 and 2 best... somehow I felt that the third one lost its original charm.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
There's no way Part 3 should be rated ahead of either Part 1 or 2. In fact, the first two movies should really be considered two parts of the same movie.......and the third should have never been made :blush
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Godfather I and II are arguably two of the most brilliant films in any cinema. I think II is even superior to I with how the flashback was done well and mixed well with the current story. The music, the action, the acting, the dialogues were amazing. I think Sholay belongs on the top 5 list of best musical score/background music.

Al Pacino's Scarface is overrated and horrible, IMO. I liked the old Scarface, but probably because I'm a sucker for older films and nostalgia. I know I can be horribly biased as I hate the Harry Potter movies for deviating from the books but loved the LotR trilogy and Godfather despite both deviating from the books as well.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Read the book as well, guys! I think it is even better than the film and the film is a masterpiece! That is one book you'll never regret reading.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words "All Men Are Created Equal"
So yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words
words he clearly didn't believe in since, he allowed his own children to live in slavery.
He's a rich, white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits.
While he sat back and drank his wine and f**ked his slave girl.
This guy wants to tell me where living in a community?. Don't make me laugh.
I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own.
America is not a country, it's a business.
Now f**king pay me.


-Brad Pitt as "Jackie Cogan" in Killing Them Softly / 2012
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Gravity was good, and even I felt affected by the height the astronauts were at when the camera showed the Earth behind them.

Yet somehow, I feel it'd have been much better had I not spoiled myself by looking at the movie's Wikipedia a day prior. -_-
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Elysium - waste of money... for the production studio. $115 million for those ugly suits/exoskelletons, space and explosions scenes, ew. Couldn't understand Sharlto Copley too often, but that's the joke anyway. :P Much else felt like a desaster, well Alice Braga was a good sight.

And didn't Foster announce her retirement at the ... Golden Globes or something.

edit:
Well okay... what was all that drama for? :-_-

Backstage, Jodie says she's NOT retiring. "Oh, no, I could never stop acting. You'd have to drag me behind a team of horses." #GoldenGlobes

— Amy Kaufman (@AmyKinLA) January 14, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/13/jodie-foster-speech-retirement-_n_2469530.html
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think her speech was about her coming out of the closet...
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The reporter wouldn't have felt the need to ask if that was so clear, works both ways and I don't really care. She was still horrible in that movie. :Ü
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You do know reporters/interviewers can be pretty vapid morons right? ESPECIALLY Entertainment reporters. :XD

That being said, I didn't hear the speech myself, only that she had done so.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I've seen it live and it would have worked very fine as a retirement speech, especially since they've gone throught four whole decades of her as a movie star. Meh, Carnage would have been quiet good as her last one though.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I really enjoyed machete kills. Brainless, violent, massively over the top, ... just what i was looking for. What you expect is what you get
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top