Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Just saw Gravity on IMAX. I think it was good. I really liked the visuals and the writing itself (though not that exceptional). It really got me engaged and made me gasp a couple of times. IMO it lived up to its hype.

Expecting a couple of Oscar nominations for this.

P.S. space is freaking scary.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Gravity was a good film. Might have been better if I didn't spoil myself a day prior, but it was still good.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Finally I saw Amour. It's just.. depressing and beautiful, now I have trouble how should I make opinions for that movie.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
New trailer for Anchorman 2:


New poster for Captain America 2: Winter Soldier:


And 2 photos from the movie:



 
Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I can not stand Tom Hanks, but Captain Phillips looks interesting.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Who could possibly dislike Tom Hanks?
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not really a fan of his Dan Brown movies and since his german dub started to lisp or whatever that is, I can't stand his voice either.
 

White Rabbit

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
546
Reaction score
112
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Not really a fan of his Dan Brown movies and since his german dub started to lisp or whatever that is, I can't stand his voice either.
Arne Elsholtz (the german dub-voice of Tom Hanks, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum and Kevin Kline) got ill in 2008 and it affected his voice for a pretty long time.
But it's all back to normal by now.

btt:
I saw Kickass 2 yesterday... my gosh, what a waste of time.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Not really a fan of his Dan Brown movies and since his german dub started to lisp or whatever that is, I can't stand his voice either.
So you dislike Tom Hanks due to whoever dubbed his voice. That's kind of irrational, but I guess it can't be avoided unless you stop watching dubs. :XD
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I rarely do, but his voice could be annying if one has heard the "original" one for two decades already.

Arne Elsholtz (the german dub-voice of Tom Hanks, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum and Kevin Kline) got ill in 2008 and it affected his voice for a pretty long time.
But it's all back to normal by now.

btt:
I saw Kickass 2 yesterday... my gosh, what a waste of time.
Yeah I knew, but it didn't change the change. :P

That one was pretty aweful.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
when I watched Millennium Actress I kind of got bored along the way. It was the same way with Paprika, and even with Paranoia Agent. haha..

I did love Tokyo Godfathers though.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
when I watched Millennium Actress I kind of got bored along the way. It was the same way with Paprika, and even with Paranoia Agent. haha..

I did love Tokyo Godfathers though.
Satoshi Kon's works are serious and doesn't have enough comedy so yeah they're kinda boring, but still they are very nice movies. The animation's very nice.

You didn't watch Perfect Blue?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Anchorman wasn't that funny. One or two good humor here or there but that's about it.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters was an interesting experience. According to Wiki, it has bad reviews, but I'm not shocked. I still liked hte movie and the blood.

Though, I will say most reviewers are idiots.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I saw Gravity in IMAX 3D. So gorgeous. :uguu
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell

Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge

As disappointing as Kick-Ass 2!

I hope the Last Mission movie will be better.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge

As disappointing as Kick-Ass 2!

I hope the Last Mission movie will be better.
The premise of the movie is based off a manuscript of the Yorknew City arc written by Togashi Yoshihiro that he eventually ended up scrapping.
So he better had let it stay in the trash bin? Those promo pics with young Netero arefrom Last Mission right?
 
Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
So he better had let it stay in the trash bin?
Yes. You haven't seen the Phantom Rouge Movie?

Those promo pics with young Netero arefrom Last Mission right?


Here's the synopsis from myanimelist.net:

The strongest Hunters that once existed in the Hunters Association were split into "light" and "dark", and each walked down their respective paths. The "dark" side begins moving in order to massacre all Hunters! What actions will Gon take when the many crimes of Netero and the Hunters Association are unveiled...?!
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Watched Captain Phillips, its was good. Disappointed it was a 12a though, there is more potential there than that rating could allow.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I forgot to mention that I saw a trailer for Ender's Game in IMAX 3D as well.

*_________*

And The Desolation of Smaug.

alkjsdfg.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top