Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
X-Files: I Want to Believe: Entertaining, but pales in comparison to the old X-Files movie... and to most of the other films that came out this year... 6/10
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Saw

American Beauty oho,I remeber seein this movie when I was a kid,a little kid and at that age I didnt understand a thing that was going on in that movie,back then I didnt understand what was Kevin Spacey doing under those covers,now I do.Anyway I liked this movie,realy interesting,loved the way Kevin changed himself in it,from some looser to a...I dont have a word for it and still in the end,when that girl said that she was a virgin I was like "Whaaaat?" :D Anyway nice movie,the way imdb rewievs say "Beutiful" I say the same 8/10.



this looks so freaking ridiculous:

http://www.joblo.com/new-dball-pics



:D it does,I dont realy exept much from this movie,but Im gonna watch it,I mean Goku doesnt even look like Goku + theres no Vegeta,I like Goku and everything,but I doubt Chatwin will do Goku as he suposed to be.Better hurry up with this movie,Roshi doesnt even look like Roshi.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Right. so like, after you all were talking about McLovin, which I hadn't heard of before, I did my research and stumbled upon the movie Superbad.

5.5/10 for me. 6/10 at its best. I mean, it has good and all, but it just dragged too much. And this guy Seth, got too noisy at some points.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I pity the fool! :laser DIE! :laser

The two words that make the movie an instant classic:
Dick Demon
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Yeah I mean, I saw that clip first, before deciding to watch the film full-on. But I'm not taking my ratings back, Big Bro. 2 hours was too much. If it was like, 30 minutes shorter, it would have been epic.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:laser DIE! :laser
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
:oh
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
what the hell are you talking about bb?? superbad is an awesome film, i'd give it an 8.5/10, the story and characters are cool
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
What can I say shit happens,she didnt like Superbad someone doesnt like Shia,I didnt like Superbad at first,but I do now,Baboysai is to old,thats the reason :music:rolleyes:



I pity the fool! :laser DIE! :laser

The two words that make the movie an instant classic:
Dick Demon

:D


I still like "Whats up gangsters" or "Break yourself foooool!"
 

The Adamant Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
404
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Street Kings- Entertaining and quite fun to watch... I just wish there was more killing. 8.5/10
You're Kidding right? There was someone getting killed in almost each scenes... Sarcasm I guess <.<


I Just watched the Movie and it was far above what I expected. It's been a long time since I enjoyed watching a Cop movie. The plot was perfect... it Kept me wanting for more. But Even though Keanu Reeves was the Main caracter, I didn't quite enjoy his performance.

The top 3 actor's performance that had me Hooked:

- Common ( Singer/Actor) : Even though his appearence was short, ( that's what happens when you play the bad Guy...) his play was incredible.

- Forest Whitaker : Don't even Have to explain this one... Perfect.

- Chris Evans : For me, He made Keenu's play more interesting somewhat... If it weren't for him backing-up Keenu's kinda dull play, I would've lost interst in the Movie.
 
Last edited:

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@adamant
yeah, it is awesome that common has gotten into acting. i really hope the rumors about him being the green lantern are true. he would be perfect for that role.

@hk
i think that serves as evidence of how capricious your tastes are, not as how out of touch bb may or may not be. XD
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Is my taste really that bad? -_-;

Anyway, I just watched Kill Bill, like for the first time evahr. The most awaited scene was of course the slaughtering of 88++ warriors with a katana. And then it was black and white! I was like... bbbut... the blood!! :scry

well, pulp fiction still wins. Pulp fiction gets a perfect 10 for me. While Kill Bill gets an 8.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is my taste really that bad? -_-;

Anyway, I just watched Kill Bill, like for the first time evahr. The most awaited scene was of course the slaughtering of 88++ warriors with a katana. And then it was black and white! I was like... bbbut... the blood!! :scry

well, pulp fiction still wins. Pulp fiction gets a perfect 10 for me. While Kill Bill gets an 8.
Pulp Fiction is good, but I enjoyed Kill Bill more. The action was awesome, but Pulp Fiction had a better story. That being said, though, my all time favorite Tarentino film would have to Reservoir Dogs. It's f amazing.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Pulp Fiction is good, but I enjoyed Kill Bill more. The action was awesome, but Pulp Fiction had a better story. That being said, though, my all time favorite Tarentino film would have to Reservoir Dogs. It's f amazing.
agreed. reservoir dogs is his most awesome work evar
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You're Kidding right? There was someone getting killed in almost each scenes... Sarcasm I guess <.<


I Just watched the Movie and it was far above what I expected. It's been a long time since I enjoyed watching a Cop movie. The plot was perfect... it Kept me wanting for more. But Even though Keanu Reeves was the Main caracter, I didn't quite enjoy his performance.

The top 3 actor's performance that had me Hooked:

- Common ( Singer/Actor) : Even though his appearence was short, ( that's what happens when you play the bad Guy...) his play was incredible.

- Forest Whitaker : Don't even Have to explain this one... Perfect.

- Chris Evans : For me, He made Keenu's play more interesting somewhat... If it weren't for him backing-up Keenu's kinda dull play, I would've lost interst in the Movie.
Touche, sarcasm it is! :rofl I've got no complaints, it's just that I don't like Keanu, and the acting of the three other cops (Jay Mohr, John Corbett, and Amaury Nolasco) were painfully mediocre. Kudos for having Hugh Laurie (I'm a big House fan! :XD), Forest Whitaker and Terry Crews (Go Latrell! :XD) though!

@Tarentino flicks- Any Quentin Tarentino flick is a good one! Nuff' said!
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I had to hold my laughter everytime I saw Hugh Laurie on Street Kings. I kept wishing for him to say, "it's not lupus..." until the movie ends. :XD
Street Kings is an awesome movie. I didnt get how critics thought that Street Kings was so-so. But I'm not much of a movie critics, maybe they got other opinions about that movie. It's like when i almost didnt watch Speed Racer because critics said that it's "too colorful". good thing i trusted my judgment and went to see it anyway. :D

Now, i finally saw Atonement on DVD, but i can't seem to finish that movie. I always fell asleep about an hour in to the movie. But it's a good thing I got There Will Be Blood to watch after that, Daniel Day Lewis is awesome in that movie. :D
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yeah! I was waiting for him to say some lines from House :rofl He used exactly the same voice, and in the scene where he talks to Keanu in the balcony, he limps a bit :rofl
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
That's right. And he got the same curious look like when he's examining a patient. :XD
It reminds me of something, House owned a pet mouse one time and Hugh Laurie was the father of a mouse in Stuart Little. :XD
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Ichi- The one in House was named Stuart as well! :rofl

The difference is that House-Stuart was a HOOOGE rat, where as Stuart was a white mouse.

@HK- ALL the lines are classic! :rofl
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Really? Haha! I didn't notice that. But it was a HUGE rat. :XD

The lines from Superbad are all epic. After seeing that movie, who wouldn't wanna change their name to McLovin. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top