Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gold Knight said:
During the last week when I didn't have access to MH, I did rent and watch V for Vendetta and I'd give it a thumbs up. Very well made movie. Did the comic a lot of justice, I think, and I really like how V was portrayed. Phantom of the Opera meets Batman, I guess - not your typical superhero at all.
Great description. I'm glad you liked it GK. Can you believe the same guy who plays angent smith in the Matrix movies plays V. I couldn't. :blink

:offtopic Oh, and congrats on being modded LadyHatake. :amuse
 

goldfishofhate

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
now that they are on a comic-movie rampage, i wonder if they will try and do a "watchmen" movie next... i hope so
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
A Watchmen movie was actually in the making, but unfortunately it's a dropped project. Studios are intimidated by both the magnitude of the challenge AND the lack of a "happy ending," it seems. There's a producer who's constantly promoting it to studios tho, so we'll just have to wait and see.

But whether Watchmen is made into a movie or not, I have to throw in my ten cents there - it'd work vastly better as a TV series than a movie. That's a REALLY involved storyline, and I don't think 2 hours is enough to really capture the essence of the masterpiece.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
glasskatana said:
Great description. I'm glad you liked it GK. Can you believe the same guy who plays angent smith in the Matrix movies plays V. I couldn't. :blink

:offtopic Oh, and congrats on being modded LadyHatake. :amuse
Are you serious? The guy who played Smith is V? Wow, definently didn't realize that.

Thanks ^^

Anyone seen 'The Night Listener' yet? It's that new one with Robin Williams and some creepy kid who listens to his night time radio talk show. I want to see it, but I don't want to waste money if the movie isn't any good.

There's also another movie coming out and the preview looked interesting...it was called Wickerman, or something....hm.
 

Fetch Fox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
LadyHatake said:
Anyone seen 'The Night Listener' yet? It's that new one with Robin Williams and some creepy kid who listens to his night time radio talk show. I want to see it, but I don't want to waste money if the movie isn't any good.
Well the preview looked quite ok, and some of the feedback was pretty good but the people on imdb only gave it 5.7 out of 10. But don't be frightend by that. The rating on imdb is rarely really fare to the movie... anyho, read some on the forums and read some feedback there. Then you'll get a pretty good idea about it I guess ^^
The Night Listener on IMDB

LadyHatake said:
There's also another movie coming out and the preview looked interesting...it was called Wickerman, or something....hm.
"The Wicker Man" to be exact. It's a remake of quite a good movie from 1973 with the same name, so fans of the old one is allready bashing the new one. But the rumours are that the new script is quite good and that the choice of actors was more or less fitting grate... But I don't really now, just rumours. Read some about it, see the original and think about seeing the new one. I don't think I will, but I love the original :pleased
The Wicker Man (1973) on IMDB
The Wicker Man (2006) on IMDB

LadyHatake said:
Are you serious? The guy who played Smith is V? Wow, definently didn't realize that.
He is actually a really grate actor on stage and in front of the camera. So I really saw him fitting the role of V before I saw the movie. The V for Vendetta comic is grate and the movie was a good adaption, though I still considder the comic to be much better then the movie.
 

Uchiro

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Has anyone heared of the movie pulse yet http://www.pulsethemovie.net/ ? Here is a link and I am somehow really interested in that one ... damn too long to wait for a german release =(
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
des said:
Has anyone heared of the movie pulse yet http://www.pulsethemovie.net/ ? Here is a link and I am somehow really interested in that one ... damn too long to wait for a german release =(
I saw the trailer for it on TV. I don't know if it'll be very good. I'm not expecting much out of it. Most american horror movies end up being pretty stupid. :/ (Saw, Dawn of the Dead, etc)
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You dont like saw? At least the first was reallly great!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's probably because I'm not into horror movies...And I didn't like the Jigsaw's mask. :/
XD
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why not ? toooo hard for you =)? then what movies do you like, okay a bit offtopic but I'll find something that fits to the topic and your reply the next time :)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
des said:
Why not ? toooo hard for you =)? then what movies do you like, okay a bit offtopic but I'll find something that fits to the topic and your reply the next time :)
Well, we are talking about movies, so it's on topic ;)

I prefer comedies, romances and action movies. Comedies because I love to laugh (duh), romances because I am a romantic at heart XD I love a good movie where girl meets boy (or vice versa) they have angst and problems, fall in love, happy ending. I especially like the ones where the hero saves the heroine (like he's a cop and she's being hunted down by the bad guys for some reason) and they fight off the bad guys and end up gettting married and having kids XD
Action movies are good because they get the adreneline going, and keep you interested.

What about you?
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hehe nice...well the best stories still happen in your own life...like the romantic stuff you talked about. I could tell ya a nice still running story... xD well I like almost every kind of movie. I like touching stories with a lot of heart or real tragic lives of people and outstanding visuell stuff ( What Dreams May Come for example if you know it)...lost in translation was nice too =) and for sure romantic movies, did you like the newer version of romeo+juliet? most action movies are just entertainment for nice 2 hours and not more ^^ nothing that remains too much in brain :) same for comedies...i somehow liked hitch the date doctor xD well but mostly i dont go the cinema because i only watch the best of the best =)
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I just watch Lucky Number Slevin. It's a good movie. IMO, anything with bruce willis is good movie.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
I just watch Lucky Number Slevin. It's a good movie. IMO, anything with bruce willis is good movie.
Why does that movie sound familiar??? What was it about?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
LadyHatake said:
Why does that movie sound familiar??? What was it about?
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Well, it's about this guy, Slevin Kelevra (Josh Hartnett)
being mistaken for another guy by two opposing mob boss, The Rabbi (Ben Kingsley) and The Boss (Morgan Freeman). The Boss wants him to kill The Rabbi's son cos his son got killed. The Rabbi wants him to pay $33.000 that his friend owes. What makes it worse, if he managed to kill The Rabbi's son, he's gonna be killed by Goodkat (The Bruce Willis), an assassin.
and Lucy Liu is hot!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hey, thjat sounds like a good movie. I love the mob ^^
I guess I'll have to rent it. :D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Did anyone watch Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift? I personally think it's an Initial D rip off.
 

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Rofl, ok, I just watched Talladega Nights the other day, you know, the new Will Ferrel movie. I was extremely doubtful at first, but I must say it is actually quite hysterical. Go check it out if you were doubting another Will Ferrel movie. It's actually pretty great.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Did anyone watch Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift? I personally think it's an Initial D rip off.
Nope because I think its just a movie that constantly shows tuned cars without any real story xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top