Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
LadyHatake said:
XD yeah, I got all confused about it ,oO I thik that's the first Denzel movie I've ever seen though XD
Really?! Then you should watch some more. He's good, it's just that sometimes his acting in a movie makes you think of another movie that he did. My recommendation is John Q.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Really?! Then you should watch some more. He's good, it's just that sometimes his acting in a movie makes you think of another movie that he did. My recommendation is John Q.
John Q? what is that? (or who? >.>)
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
I just saw Princess Mononoke for the umpteenth time
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
deathshadow25 said:
I just saw Princess Mononoke for the umpteenth time
I love those movies! My favorite is "My Neighbor Totoro" :3 Sooooo cute!
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
LadyHatake said:
I love those movies! My favorite is "My Neighbor Totoro" :3 Sooooo cute!
My Favorite is a tie between

Nausica of the Valley in the Wind and Spirited Away

Miyazaki's Honorable Mentions

Howls Moving castle
Castle in the Sky
Kiki's Delivery Service
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
What about Grave of the Fireflies? That's a good one. Or "Spirited Away", which succeded in taking the oscar from "Spirit" :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
What about Grave of the Fireflies? That's a good one. Or "Spirited Away", which succeded in taking the oscar from "Spirit" :D
Wasn't Spirit about a horse or something? ,oO And Spirted Away was great ^^ I loved it (nad Kiki's delivery service =D The kitty was cute :3)

I haven't watched Miyazaki's stuff in awhile. I should probably rewatch everything, since my brain's getting fuzzy on all the different plotlines >.>
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
LadyHatake said:
Wasn't Spirit about a horse or something? ,oO And Spirted Away was great ^^ I loved it (nad Kiki's delivery service =D The kitty was cute :3)
That's right, LH! the full title is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. Both Spirited Away and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron was nominated for best animated feature in 2002. Spirit lost, Spirited Away wins. kinda ironic, isn't it?
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
That's right, LH! the full title is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. Both Spirited Away and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron was nominated for best animated feature in 2002. Spirit lost, Spirited Away wins. kinda ironic, isn't it?
XD yeah. I never saw Spirit, but there is a song by Bryan Adams in it that I like, called "Can't Take Me." It's pretty schweet :3

I want to see Borat. Everyone says it was really good, but it left theatres before I had a chance to see it :/ I also want to see Night at the Museum >.>
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
LadyHatake said:
XD yeah. I never saw Spirit, but there is a song by Bryan Adams in it that I like, called "Can't Take Me." It's pretty schweet :3

I want to see Borat. Everyone says it was really good, but it left theatres before I had a chance to see it :/ I also want to see Night at the Museum >.>
Several songs from the soundtrack is good.
I dont think Borat will be shown here. But I'm definitely gonna watch Night at the Museum because i wanna see Robin Willams. It's been awhile since i last saw his movie. Did you get to see Happy Feet, LH?
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
LadyHatake said:
XD yeah, I got all confused about it ,oO I thik that's the first Denzel movie I've ever seen though XD
do you want me to explain what they were doing?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Anybody looking forward to transfomers? I do, and the latest trailer seems awesome... Hope this movie won't dissapoint me
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
BoffenJL said:
do you want me to explain what they were doing?
I think I get it, but the whole "folding the space and time continuum" thing still makes my head hurt XD
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
koenosaki said:
Anybody looking forward to transfomers? I do, and the latest trailer seems awesome... Hope this movie won't dissapoint me
I'm only looking forward to see the trailers to see exactly how the director planned on doing this
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
Theater: The Pursuit of Happyness

Starring Will Smith and his son. It was a great movie. It makes me curious about what happened to Chris Gardner's wife and how she feels about the whole thing. Haha!

DVD: Cannonball Run

Hilarious slap-stick comedy classic.
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fugitive said:
Theater: The Pursuit of Happyness

Starring Will Smith and his son. It was a great movie. It makes me curious about what happened to Chris Gardner's wife and how she feels about the whole thing. Haha!

DVD: Cannonball Run

Hilarious slap-stick comedy classic.
I found it good, but awefully repetetive. I could have done with a couple less stolen machine scenes. Once or twice was enough.
 

blasta

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
214
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Description for Night at the Museum :

"Good-hearted dreamer Larry Daley, despite being perpetually down on his luck, thinks he's destined for something big. But even he could never have imagined how big, when he accepts what appears to be a menial job as a graveyard-shift security guard at a museum of natural history. During Larry's watch, extraordinary things begin to occur: Mayans, Roman Gladiators, and cowboys emerge from their diorama to wage epic battles; in his quest for fire, a Neanderthal burns down his own display; Attila the Hun pillages his neighboring exhibits, and a T-Rex reminds everyone why he's history's fiercest predator. Amidst the chaos, the only person Larry can turn to for advice is a wax figure of President Teddy Roosevelt , who helps our hero harness the bedlam, stop a nefarious plot, and save the museum."

I went to see "Night at the Museum" earlier this week and I liked it a lot. It is also number one right now in US box office. I like Ben Stiller movies a lot so I had to see this and it was great comedy. It is rated PG and doesn't have as much crude/sexual humour like in some other Stiller movies.

I am also looking forward to seeing "The Good Shepherd" with Matt Damon being the lead and a very nice supporting cast. Directed by Robert De Niro one of my all time favorite actors. Angelina Jolie and De Niro also act in this movie too. :smile-big
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
I'm watching a retro anime movie

you guessed it AKira It rocks so much I love the movie and it popped my anime cherry
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Congrats, deathshadow! Akira is one of my favourite anime movie. I hope you dont have any headache after watching it and go screaming: Kaneeedaaaaaaaa!!!! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top