Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Nice, and no I tend to enjoy some good classics from time to time :P
Everything with ol' Clint Eastwood i can watch for hours :P

As for movies, 'The Godfather' gotta be #1..
The 'old' "Im the boss you do as I say" Is just priceless..
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
My favorite classics are usually epics - Ben-Hur, Lawrence of Arabia, The Ten Commandments.

I'm an epic kind of guy, which explains why the Lord of the Rings are my favorite movies. ;)
 

Martin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
hahaha ben-hur :P there you got urself a 4-hour classic movie. its a great movie.
Allso 'Spartacus', wich follows the story when Spartacus led the rebellion armies of the slaves against Rome.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Spartacus' another good movie, but I still like Ben-Hur and Ten Commandments better. ;)

My favorite comedy movie of all time is Young Frankenstein, incidentally. If you haven't seen this hilarious movie do yourself a favor and rent it as soon as possible.
 

Martin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I will. heard alot about it, but never had the 'time' to do it..
havent seen ten commandments either... sounds like i need to get a hold of that one too?
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
It's very well done - captures the whole story pretty well. For an old movie, the special effects were amazing. So yeah, I recommend it if only to experience it at least once. Even if you're an atheist, you'll still probably appreciate all the work the producers, director, actors, and SFX people put into it.

It's long, though.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I have just watched another older film. It is called 'Rope'. It is another film by the genius of Albert Hitchock. The staory is about 2 young and smart college students who murdered a good friend of them using a rope to strangle him. Then, they put the body inside a chest and organized a party. Table cloth and food were put on the chest so that people wont try to open that chest. Of course, one of the person who attended the party knew something and finally, he managed to discover the truth of the chest and the rope. The police came and................THE END.

I also happened to watch G.I. Jane too just a few hours ago. When I watched until 1.43.00, the whole DVD jammed and even until now, I still cant continue the story. If anyone can give me a link to download the movie online using any channel (direct, torrent, p2p..etc...) please tell me. I like to know the ending of this movie.
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
*Feels bad for not having watched any of these classics, not even Godfather...*

Umm, I wouldn't know about Narnia, there was little to no character development I give you that, but I'll know better when i read the books.

As for old movies, I watched one black and white and with no sound (that old) called "Das Kabinett des Doktor Caligari"/"The Cabinet of Doctor Calligari". In my opinion it's a very nice movie with very interesting plot twists and an ending you'll either love or hate :tem

EDIT/ As far as Alfred Hitchcock goes, I've only watched "The Birds" which was a marvellous thriller :tem
 

bebong

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
430
Reaction score
2
I watched the house of wax and...can't sleep.....
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I was actually mighty impressed with the latest Harry Potter film. I'm not a fan of the books or the films, but this one was quality. Well worth seeing.

Speaking of The Godfather, I've just finished watching the trilogy again and it's still as good as ever. I just love Coppola's attention to deail and how he mangaes to capture the actor's being very natural. If you haven't seen it, make it your job to see this weekend! It's definitely something that has to be seen.

Also, the latest adaption of Oliver Twist (Roman Polenski) is amazingly good. Gritty, dirty, violent. Fantastic stuff.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Movies I can't wait to see!! :nuts

X Men 3
Yeah, I'm looking forward to see Logan and Ororo work together. XD And Jean. Heck, I saw the trailer and the Brotherhoods have multiplied and all...

Spiderman 3
I heard Venom was in it!!! :nuts

Pirates of the Carribean 2
Johhny Depp's in it!! :love


Oh, and I've jsut recently watched Howl's moving Castle. Amazing, I say.

It's so magical and natural at the same time. Miyazaki was able to put in little elements that people usually do. Like that scene where they were eating breakfast.

You notice how Sophie went for the yolk first. XD Alot of people love the yolk and tend to eat that up first. I myself, leave that for the last, since I leave the best for the last. >_> The movie felt real to me in a magical way, and that's why I loved it.

I also love Disney films. Old ones, of course. And I tend to watch movies whcih stars Johnny Depp, or is directed by Tim Burton too ^_^
 

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
1,248
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Dragonzair said:
Oh, and I've jsut recently watched Howl's moving Castle. Amazing, I say.
I agree with you :D I recently watched Howl's Moving Castle as well when I went on a field trip with the local anime club. We were able to get a local theatre to specially screen it just for us. One of my most favourite Studio Ghibli films now. My Neighbour Totoro will always stay on top though... ^_^; It's just so cute.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I need to watch that movie sometimes.

Also can't wait for Pirates of the Caribbean 2 here either.
 

KaiserRyuujin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dragonzair said:
Spiderman 3
I heard Venom was in it!!! :nuts
As far as I know Venom wont be making any kind of an appearance and the enemies one for sure is "Sandman" as I already saw the picture of the actor all in the garbs. I was hearing its gonna be also Hobbgoblin, and as reported of the whole thing with Harry Osbourne that from interviews that its something we all wont expect, I guess. *shrugs* Eh, internet rumors, who knows, Raimi could have something insane up his sleeve just have to wait and see it.

I am too looking forward to Spidey 3 been enjoying the hell out the first two and the third Im sure will be quite the shine to the series.

And thats about it, eh. Some those other movies just havent really tweaked my interest maybe a bit of X-Men 3, but eh not fully sure.
 

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
1,176
Reaction score
86
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Let's make a crazy statement: I would like to watch ALL anime ever made! Series, movies, everything! Even ******! No, worse, even f i l l e r s !
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Are you sure it's Sandman? I hate him. >_____<


I WANT VENOMMM. RAWR :yelling
 

KaiserRyuujin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dragonzair said:
Are you sure it's Sandman? I hate him. >_____<


I WANT VENOMMM. RAWR :yelling
I am pretty sure thats the plans for it, I havent even seen Eddie Brock listed in the cast of characters as of yet leaving him out severely. Trust me, I want Venom too along with Carnage would be wicked cool, buuut Im not sure if we'll get them. Who knows what Raimi has planned for the third instalment as a whole. We may get a glimpse at something. But I just dont want Spider-Man turning into another Batman where you start getting all these different people to play Bruce Wayne/Batman and mess up the whole set of movies. :/ But again we shall see where this goes.
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Err.... Venom is confirmed, along with Sandman.
Kirsten Dense blurted it out at a press conference some time ago, Thomas Hayden Church will play Sandman (pic), and Topher Grace (Erik from That 70's Show) is going to play Venom.
 

KaiserRyuujin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hermie said:
Err.... Venom is confirmed, along with Sandman.
Kirsten Dense blurted it out at a press conference some time ago, Thomas Hayden Church will play Sandman (pic), and Topher Grace (Erik from That 70's Show) is going to play Venom.
Seriously? Huh, but then that could just been publicity press type stuff too. But it'll be sweet if it is so that Venom will be jumpin into things.

*ponders* Hmm actually as I think more on it yeah. Because I remember how there was talk of being absolutely nothing of Doc Oc ever being in the movies and yet bam there he was.

That pic you have is the same I saw too.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
WHAAAAAAAAATT??!!?

NANI! Topher Grace is too hot to play Venom. >_> *cough*

*is in total denial*

[edit]

But wouldn't it be cooler if Mysterio is there?! Damn. That guy is way cooler than Venom.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top