Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I know it's going to be showing in 2007 but I just cannot wait for Chronicles of Narina: Prince Caspian.

I've heard that they might merge the two books, Prince Caspian and Down Treader, in the movie, jsut like the old classics.

Down Treader was my favourite book, and I'd hope it to be really really...true to the book?! XD


Any guesses on who Prince Caspian would be? *considering you've read most/all of the books?
 

Kickmeister

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well I guess I could recommend a few movies..
Since we're all Japan-freaks (I assume that) If you haven't seen Akira Kurosawa's movies, go rent/buy them now.
The first Kurosawa movie I have to recommend is Yojimbo, read about it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055630/
The second is Seven Samurai or if I'm not mistaken Shichi-nin no samurai. Read about it here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047478/

Another really good movie is Hotel Rwanda, you can read about it here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395169/

I'll try to recommend some other great movies later..

Peace! :smile-big
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, i haven't seen any japanese movies myself [that i know of], with the exception of... Duon? Forgot the name, it's the original version of the 'The Grudge' movie... seen movie 1 partly, and the second movie entirely...

But hotel rwanda is great [as a movie, that is], i'm not a sensitive type, but that movie got me like... silent for a few hours... it's really tense and depressing at the same time... The one thing CKV ( something like Culture+Art ) -classes did that i am actually glad for, is get me to see that one on the big screen...
 

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I have just seen a most brilliant documentary. It's called Dogtown and Z-Boys. It's about skateboarding.

Now, I am by no means into skateboarding. Never been interested in the thing. But I saw, by chance, this documentary about the birth of modern skateboarding, as told by one of the originals and by God, is it something everyone ought to watch.

It has (pretty much by accident) several layers of meaning. It can be viewed as a simple tribute to skateboarding, or as a darn accurate commentary of the human condition. It's like a microcosm of society - and that is both celebratory and cautionary. People rise to the challenge, make something of themelselves. As well, people are losers and live really lame, loser lives.

I highly recommend this dvd. Even if you're not into skateboading, you'll appreciate the historical relevance and the vibrant characters. It's like Kishimoto on speed.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Dogtown, wh? I've been recommended to watch that for a long time now. XD Being a skateboaerding fan, alot of people has literally begged me to watch it.

I think I will. ^^

OHMYGODZORSZ. *excuse my spazines*

I just saw the full trailer of X Men: The Last Stand.

Ken chan. I am telling you right now, to watch it. It's just....you won't be dissapointed with Brett Ratner. Heck. I don't hate Angel anymore!! @_@

*would love to be more spazzier but would leave that to when Firu is online on msn*

I'm on MSN - spaz away
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Oh yes, the trailer pwns through and through. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Okay. I made a transript of the X Men trailer. This is for Ken chan and Hermy. ^^


X MEN: THE LAST STAND TRAILER​




Scene: White House is shown, and camera moves inside the hallways, and in the background, the President speaks.

President: On account with principle, I can’t negotiate with these people.

Scene: You see the President talking to someone. Probably an official of the White House.

Official guy: Well then, you know what needs to be done.

Scene fades to the 20th Century Fox Logo then to a scene on the countryside? An armoured truck follows two black cars. Seems to be the President’s.

Then the scene shows Mystique, both hands shackled and tied to the ceiling above her. She just looks straight ahead. *Dude, she looks freaky*

Scene then changes to Magneto talking to the Brotherhood. Pyro is standing next to him.

Magneto: Make no mistake, my brothers. (he says this while the scene changes)

Scene moves to Angel looking out the window, someone behind him. O.o

Magneto (background): The humans will draw first blood (scene changes to Angel looking at someone with an injection).

Scene then moves on to a cliff where Scott is standing. Looking for someone. Jean, most preferably.

Scene moves to Bobby icing up a pond.

Magneto (still background): And the air is still, and the night has fallen. (scene: Bobby and Kitty, while Rogue looks from the windows.) Does anyone question this answer?

Scene changes to Logan smoking while fire explodes in the back. *soo frikkin cool* Then back to Magneto.

Magneto: Who do you stand with?

Marvel logo pops out of nowhere. *scared the crap out of me* Scene then changes to city buildings.

Beast (background): Major Pharmacial *sp?* Companies have developed (scene changes again, to soldiers * Huh o.O* with guns, then to Wolverine jumping from a tree with his claws out) a way to suppress Mutant X genes permanently.

Scene moves to a an indoor area *some kind of lab thingy, or something* where there are huge screen monitors of genes or something. The scene then changes to Beast talking.

Beast: They’re calling it a ‘Cure’.

Scene moves to the X Mansion/Institute, and Ororo’s talking.

Ororo (background, Prof. X is shown *listening to her*): There’s nothing to cure. (Scene: Ororo talking, looking really mad, Rogue is next to her) Nothing is wrong with any of us, for that matter.

Scene changes to outside. Prof. X is there, looking ahead at Storm, who’s looking towards the stormy skies.

Prof. X: You, of all people, know how fast the weather can change. (in the scene where he is talking to her)

Scene changes to Magneto, using his power to…make the cars jump around…*o_O I suck at explaining things* then changes again to Mystique (who seems to have escaped).

Magneto (background): Did you find what you were looking for?

Mystique: The source of the cure is a mutant. *she’s hot O_O*

Scene changes to a bald mutant, lying on a metal table, whatever.

Callisto *to Magnetooorz*: more powerful than you.

Scene: Magneto looking either scared or displeased about that fact. Or even both. The scene then moves to…the water exploding. O.O Cyclops falls, to the ground, then scene moves to Cyclops taking his glasses of to let out a strong beam.

Scene changes to Ororo and Logan. Storm looks like she’s using her powere to move...something. Air? Or maybe the sea?! *thinks of Moses* XD LOL.

Scene changes to Logan looking at Cyclop’s glasses, which is in mid-air. Scene then moves to Ororo.

Storm (screaming): Logan!!

Scene moves to Ororo over a body. Then to Logan.

Logan (looking at the body): Jean…

Scene changes to Jean lying down. Her head connected to wires…or something. Prof. X has his hands over the sides of her head. Probaly reading her mind.

Prof. X (background): Something woke her.

Scene moves to Logan looking at Jean’s body, then to Prof. X talking.

Prof. X: But she has to be controlled.

Scene changes to Angel strapped down. Nurses around him. Holding an injection, which I believe is the ‘cure’. Logan talks in the background.

Logan (background): You know, sometimes when you cage the beast…

Scene is with Angel struggling.

Angel: I can’t do this.

Scene shifts back to Logan talking.

Logan (continuing from what he was saying earlier): …the beast gets angry.

Scene moves swiftly to Jean catching hold of Logan’s arms. *scared me again. I hate these fast stuff* Logan is holding her face, then another scene where Logan hits the wall, real hard.

Scene goes to Angel. He uses his wings to snap the stuff binding him down.

Back to Jean. She uses her powers to break down the doors.

Angel crashes through the windows. *OMIFUCKINGGOSH. FRIKKIN AWESOME* and flies!!!!! XD


Scene shifts to Prof. X, Ororo and Logan.

Prof. X (whispering): You have no idea…

Scene changes to President, with the official guy looking at him.

Prof. X (background): You have no idea of what is upon us now.

Scene changes to Kitty and Bobby. Then to the woods. Jean’s back is shown.

Magneto (talking in the background): Fury that this world has never witnessed!

Scene: Brotherhoods cheers. Scene moves to...a lake. Brotherhood walking straight ahead. Magneto using his powers to make cars move away. *remembers Bruce Almighty*

*fucking awesome. Look at that~~!! Faints* Scene: Bridge is destroyed. Cars in chaos. *is that possible? XD*

Scene changes to the Blackbird flying is the sky.

Logan (background): Magneto’s got an army out there. (Scene changes to Logan, Ororo and Beast inside the Blackbird)

Scene changes to one weird looking mutant…doing something with his hands. He’s from the Brotherhood. *buahahha xD He looks like Prince XD BUAHAHHA*

Scene is cars exploding.

Logan (background): You’re at a war. You might not come home. (scene: Logan being saved by Ororo from an explosion)

Scene changes to Logan, talking to the teens. Scene then changes to various clips of explosion, Kitty, and stuff.

Logan: She might not come home. *talking about Jean* Are you ready for that??

Scene: Some kind of memorial. Who’s? I don’t know. But there’s a lot of speculations which I’d rather not mention. Scene shifts back to Bobby.

Bobby: We’re not kids anymore.

Scene: Memorial. Various X Men sitting. The scene goes to Logan and Rogue.

Logan: Hey, I’m not your father. (scene changes to the Blackbird flying, then to Bobby inside the Blackbird) If you want to go, be sure it’s what you want.

Scene changes to Brotherhood, then to Logan’s claws, then to Jean. *@_@ DUDE, JEAN!*

Ororo (background): It’s time we make our choice. (scene: X men, all lined up in the streets. Preparing for the fight. Then back to Ororo talking)

Ororo: If you’re with us, then be with us.

Scene: Action filled. XD WOOOOOHOO!! People jumping around. Storm using her powers. OMIGOD> They’re fighting with humans. AESOME! Logan slashes through this human guy.

Beast jumps out of nowhere. Magneto using his powers. Bridge collapses. The President is shown. He stands up in worry. Probably watching the news of what was going on.

Magneto (background): They wish to cure us. (scene: exploding stuff. Juggernaut chasing Kitty, who is going through walls. Juggernaut is only bashing through them. @_@)

Scene moves back to Magneto.

Magneto: But I say we are the cure!

Scene: One Brotherhood, known as Quill, shows his power to Pyro. Mystique attacks someone. Ororo using her poweres. Then Prof. X sitting in his chair, worried, and everything around him is flying. We see someone’s legs. I think they’re Jean’s and those flying stuff is her doing.

Bridge is totally destroyed, Logan talks in the background.

Logan (background): Look at me Jean! (scene: Jean crying, Logan, hlding her head up) We can help you!

Scene: The bald mutant. She’s looking at Beast…whose hands are turning back into human. She is the cure. @_@

Logan (background): We can fix it. (scene: Logan kneeling on the ground, Ororo hugging him from the top. She’s crying, and Logan’s looking at the empty wheelchair next to them. *Nuuuu! I wish not*

Someone speaking in the background *dunno who >_>*: We can make it like a *something he says, which I cant understand…vass? Wars? Something.* ….

Scene: Someone lying on the ground. It’s Mystique~ HUMAN FORMMMMMMMMZZ~

Logan (to Jean, shouting): Stay with me!!

Jean: Please…(crying)

Scene: Wolverine flying *jumping* straight ahead, with his claws out*, then to Magneto screaming, Prof. X Closing his eyes, Bridge falling, then scene back to Jean.

Jean: …Kill me.

Scene changes to the X Men 3: The Last Stand.


WHEEEEE! FUKCING AWESOME!!

Does anyone notice that the Bridge appeared more than often?! Watcha think?! Maybe it’s a mutant?! XD lol. j/k. It seems to play a significant role in the film. And other stuff.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
"Logan (background): You know, sometimes when you cage the beast…

…the beast gets angry."

Thats a cool line XD Appropriate for him too...

Thanks, DZ :glomp

Your comments were pretty amusing too, I got a kick out of them. Heh.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
LMAO.

But heck.

I can't wait for the movie.
 

mercycubed

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
77
Reaction score
6
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I just saw a great movie called "NightWatch." It was released in the US this week but was originally released in Russia in 2004. I don't know anything about its release in any other countires. It is a great movie. You have to go see it.

Has anyone on the forum seen the sequel, "DayWatch" (dnevnoy dozor) yet?
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
What's NightWatch about?
 

mercycubed

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
77
Reaction score
6
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
This is for you GK!! ;)
From Fox Searchlight Pictures website, http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/nwnd/
For as long as humanity has existed, there have been "Others" among us; Witches, Vampires and Shape-Shifters who are soldiers in the eternal war between Light and Dark.

Light Others protect mankind from Dark Others, who plague and torture humans.

Over 1000-years ago a truce was struck between Gesser, Lord of the Light, and Zavulon, General of Darkness. They agreed that no one could be forced to good or evil, people must choose freely for themselves. To uphold this truce, each side established underground forces; the soldiers of the Light would be called Night Watch, making sure Dark Others obeyed the truce. And the soldiers of Darkness would be called Day Watch, to do the same.

Ancient prophecy foretells that one day the Great One will arrive who can end the threat of an apocalyptic battle between Light and Dark Others. That day has come, and the Great One, once he or she is identified, must choose whether to destroy the light within or battle the surrounding darkness. This choice will reveal mankind's destiny.

1992:
Anton Gordesky, a broken-hearted man, desperate to win back his fiancée, seeks out the black magic services of a witch. This Dark Other, about to use her magic for evil, is arrested by the Night Watch moments before for completing her spell. The cataclysmic event awakens Anton to discover that he is an Other. Now he must choose whether to become a protector of light or warrior of darkness.

Today:
Somewhere on the streets of Moscow the "Great One" wanders, oblivious to his or her powers. Anton, along with his Night Watch team, race to find and protect the Great One from Zavulon and his Day Watch vampires who seek to plunge the world into darkness. Whoever reaches the Great One first will hold the balance of power in their hands and control the fate of humanity.

NIGHT WATCH (NOCHNOI DOZOR) is the first installment of a trilogy based on the best-selling Russian sci-fi novels of Sergei Lukyanenko (which also includes Day Watch and Dusk Watch). This visionary horror fantasy film features a dazzling mix of mind-blowing effects, adrenaline-fuelled action and suspenseful terror.

NIGHT WATCH (NOCHNOI DOZOR) was an instant smash hit in its native Russia when it was released in July 2004 shattering all previous box office records. Made for a mere $4 million, the film surpassed both LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING and SPIDER-MAN 2 at the Russian box office. Internationally acclaimed, it was also Russia's contender for the 2004 foreign language Oscar® award.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That does sound intriguing. Thanks, mercycubed :)
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
*continues spazzing*

Damnit.

Is it May yet?! :bored
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
HOW DARE YOU LINK TO THAT TRAILER, HERMIE!!

Now i got to wait until may too :crying

And i have to get the xmen1 dvd too, to see it again... only got the 2 one and saw 1 on tv...
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
YOU SASW IT!?!?!!?

BUAHHAHA!!

I KNEW IT! YOU WOULD FALALL UNDER THEE SPELL OF THE X MEN TRAILER TOOOOOO!! XD


*cough*

So what did you think of it?

Damn! The storyline ownz!!!! Who dyou think died!?!??! O_O
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
XMEN pwnz! :pwned

Man, I just love the movies! I have both DVDs - I'm so happy about that! :)
Can't wait to see the third part in the movie. That's the film I'm waiting for this year!
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I think that's the memorial for Jean in the beginning of the movie ( to remind the viewer of what happened in part 2 ) and they just put it at that part of the trailer to look interesting
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
My hopes for X-Men did increase with that trailer, but I'm still scared about the director change.

Still, it'll be good to see the ol' Canucklehead in action again. Wonder if Hugh Jackman will use Wolverine's famous line, ""I'm the best there is at what I do and what I do best isn't very nice" at some point in this one.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I was quite happy with his "bub" bits. >_>

But that line will just kill me to pieces! In a good way! XD

I don't know. I'm not at all bothered with the change anymore...I'll just keep my hopes low for a moment unitl the movie comes out. Which is hard since I'm too excited about it. XD

I'm just happy there are mroe Storm scenes in this one. I want to see developments in her character since there wasn't much in the last two movies. Heck, the last two had only Wolvy-history-scenes. *which is not bad, really :love*

All in all, I know I'm definitely watching it in the big screen. >_> I rarely do that. I wish I saw Howl's Moving Castle and Corpse Bride at the cinemas. I jsut got them off the net. >_<
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top