Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hey i just watched Seven Samurai. every single praise this movie has received is absolutely true. a milestone for movies :amuse
I completely agree. It's an amazing film, and so influential, as are just about all Kurosawa films ^^ If you haven't seen Rashomon, you should watch that one too. Not as much action as Seven Samurai, but very philosophical and profound, and equally influential on modern film :amuse
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
also RAN! that was my first kurosawa movie. damn ran makes LOTR so artificial. kurosawa makes the best tragedies
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ran...that was just japanese King Lear right? I dunno, I read the play and didn't love it.
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
LOL Ran.. i've heard of that but never watched it.
I've seen the Samurai 7 anime and that was beautiful, really a great anime to watch.. although i haven't seen the movie, which makes me sad ;__;
I think we had the dvd borrowed from my uncle at one point but i never got the chance to watch it. But YES! Kurosawa is indeed a legend =]
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The Seven Samurai: One of Eiichiro Oda-sensei's favorite movies.
 

CoyoteJack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

It's difficult to narrow it down to 5 movies but I'll try!

1) Seven Samurai - My favorite movie of all time, nothing will ever come close for me.

2) Ghostbusters - I can even quote this movie in my sleep.

3) Tombstone - If I see this movie is on, I have to stop and watch it.

4) Blazing Saddlers - Probably the best gag comedy ever.

5) Monty Python and the Holy Grail - There's something wrong with a person that doesn't like this movie. heh heh
 

CoyoteJack

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Bring It On - Not one redeemable thing in this movie. Got in to see it for free...and wanted to ask for my money back. :tem
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
you should watch ran impel. based on king lear but japanese. one of the great kurosawa dramas. the whole film's atmosphere lingers in your brain
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I've seen part of it for my lit. class already, and...I dunno, after reading the play, I couldn't get into it.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

Really? I liked Bring It On just fine. XD

But then, I always had a thing for cheerleaders :sweatdrop
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

okay my top five
1) the Godfather
2) Porridge (film)
3) Carry on Cleo
4)Monty python the life of Brian (i never laughed harder :XD)
5)Carry on cabby

most of them are comedy films, lol
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

1. scarface
2. samurai x
3. friday
4. paid in full
5. menace to society
 

AishaClanClan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

1. Seven Samurai
2. Princess Mononoke
3. Hot Fuzz
4. The Producers (old one with Gene Wilder... Well, I like both of them I guess.)
5. Stranger Than Fiction
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

There's no real order, i just know i'v seen them lots and lots.

Interview with a vampire.
KillBill
Lord of the Rings (fellowship)
Matrix
Sleeping Beauty.
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

There's no real order, i just know i'v seen them lots and lots.

Interview with a vampire.
KillBill
Lord of the Rings (fellowship)
Matrix
Sleeping Beauty.
OOOOO i forgot about that one, you reminded me Demon, i loveeeed the Kill Bill series, both no.1 and no.2 were awesome, Tarantino however.. is a bit of a weirdo xD.
I always heard there aws meant to be a three but they never made it.. =[
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ive been wanting to watch 7 samurai movie since ive watched the anime. Is there anything real different besides the setting between the plots?
 

M3HD!

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Naruto's New Movie is Out and they really did a fake Montage to attracte people's attention !
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
ah the naruto shippuden one? haha really? Might you have a link to show us ^__^
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just saw Mr. Woodcock, against my will. Wasn't great, but it had some funny parts, I guess. And the ending...well, let's just say you'd think I'd like it, but it's really my bane.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top