Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avner

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

  • The Hackers - There is something very alluring about the dilettantish composition of this movie. Oh, and young Angelina.
  • Ichi the Killer - B Movie in its best.
  • Yojimbo - It's a classic. What else is there to add?
  • Donnie Darko - "Every living creature on earth dies alone."
  • Pulp Fiction - "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

ack....i think i have more than 5....i'll just start listing...

office space
lotr trilogy
anchorman
the usual suspects
the breakfast club
napoleon dynamite
the shawshank redemption
pulp fiction
old school
the wizard of oz - when i was little, i had every line memorized -_-;
 

bunshindattebayo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
694
Reaction score
112
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I'll off to see Iron Man the day after tomorrow.Damn I can't wait.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
if i want then i can go watch it now. i just have to splice the reels first. but im gonna wait till tomorrow and watch it with friends.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

[1] Gladiator
[2] Saving Private Ryan
[3] Groundhog Day
[4] Goodwill Hunting
[5] D.A.R.Y.L.
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ugh, just finished watching Three Kingdoms: Res of the Dragon. If you've read the history or the novel (hell maybe even just played Koei's games), avoid at all costs. The movie completely ignores and misrepresents important data. That's to be expected with all movies, but not when the data available is already incredibly compelling, well laid out, and can be well adapted visually. Hopefully, Woo's adaptation will be more impressive and Lee definitely should have taken a page from his book. With something as massive as the Three Kingdoms period, you should only concentrate on specific battles. Any attempts to comprehensively portray an entire life from that period in a short movie will fail. Leave the comprehensive attempts for lengthy television shows. At least they have the time to give every aspect the attention it deserves. It's a real shame because Andy Lau probably would have made a magnificent Zhao Yun under someone else's direction.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Was gonna see Iron Man on Sat, but one of my friends couldn't make it, so I'm seeing it next Sat.

I hear that the whole film's great and that the actor who is the guy who is Iron Man does a really good job of capturing his attitude, but the final battle is a little lame because Steel Monger (that's his name, right?) isn't much of a match for mighty Iron Man. Luckily, I hear they're going to make a trilogy of Iron Man, with War Machine and everything, so that's boss.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
saw iron man today, it was well worth the time. cause it friggin rocked ass.
even if the movie was 60% of stark just building stuff it was still a good movie.


and people! this is important:
if youre going to see it, then sit still during the credits. cause there's a very important scene after them.
one that builds up to the future...
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Damn cinema still don't put IronMan on their showing list. I'm really eager to watch it now. Anyway, thanks for the info, Boff.
 

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
I stayed over at my friend and we watched 4 movies, "Brothers Grimm" (as a tribute to Heath Ledger^^), "Monty Python and the holy grail" (rofl), "Gladiator" and finally (but I almost fell asleep while watching it. Not because of the movie, it was about 4 in the morning X.x) "Stardust".

I liked Monty Python and the holy grail, was a lot of fun, but I'm still curious about the end, doesn't make any sense. But, the english humor is great.. which leads me to "Stardust". A nice one, a lot of fantasy in it. Even though it was predictable, we all were quite exited about it.
Then, Gladiator, I'm sure everyone loves it and sheds tears while watching, but I just can't cry on that movie, maybe it's because I don't like Russel Crowe that much.. and well, Brothers Grimm was a sweet movie. Liked the brotherhood-thing ^^
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10, IRON MAN IS EPIC WIN!

oh yeah dont miss the scene after the credits guys, really cool :D
 
Last edited:

bunshindattebayo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
694
Reaction score
112
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I officially announce that Iron Man=The Best Superhero Movie ever made.Go watch it.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I missed the ending scene and then read about it online, I hate my friends. I never leave movies early but those guys.... anyways I'm glad people enjoyed the movies but Iron Man is infinitely better if you are intimate with the comics. Like how they gave so many hints for the next movie that average fans will ignore or just be confused by. I imagine for most the fictional Taliban was very confusing but for a comic buff it was totally awesome. 10 rings = Mandarin =] or how the Mark II looks a lot like War Machine. You could tell the movie had elements of a story that would add up together with future movies, something that is very risky in hollywood.
 

Sasuke_Kai_92

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
403
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
England
Ironman truly is the best solo marvel movie...even though some people might find it boring because most of the movie is about him building the armour, but its still good to watch. XD
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i just saw forgetting sarah marshall today and it was hilarious! don't bring the kiddies, though. no seriously, don't.....and it's not just because there's full frontal male nudity and a lot of cursing, someone actually brought their screaming kid to the showing i was at :laser
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I still don't get why people said Iron Man is good. Okay, it's enjoyable and entertaining, but that's all it has. The battle sucks hard (the only one with worst action is superman, simply because it has no fight), the characters' feeling aren't delivered (Heck, I still don't see Obadiah as all that villainy). I think the best part is the one earlier in the film, the one where they build iron man in the cave.

So? I think people are saying this movie is good because it has a cool, flashy effect and because of Robert Downey...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
if you read the comics then you'll love it more. this film captures what tony stark really is, his rockstar life and the battle scenes equal those of transformers. anyway it IS good, i can tell you that. if you're not convinced you can read the 150 reviews at rottentomatoes bout why it has a 94% rating!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I just saw Iron Man, and i've only got three words to desctribe how i feel about it: I WANT MOAR!!!!!
 

rtyd1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2007
Messages
997
Reaction score
61
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I just saw Iron Man, and i've only got three words to desctribe how i feel about it: I WANT MOAR!!!!!
Well if you wait a year and a few months Iron Man 2 will probably come out
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
if you read the comics then you'll love it more. this film captures what tony stark really is, his rockstar life and the battle scenes equal those of transformers. anyway it IS good, i can tell you that. if you're not convinced you can read the 150 reviews at rottentomatoes bout why it has a 94% rating!
yes, I know about it. But, must a movie be good when they truly capture the comic? No, I don't think so. Spidey 2, a movie which doesn't follow the comic, is still good nonetheless

(Beside, the reason I asked why people said that it's good in the first place, is because many review said that it's good)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top