Movies - The Movie Thread! | Page 138 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash4

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
could that movie be My Best Friends Wedding.
The song Title: Aretha Franklin - "I Say a Little Prayer" (also known as I Say A Little Pray For You)
Great. That is the answer I was thinking of.
When "I Say a Little Prayer" is combined with Whitney Houston & Natalie Cole we receive one of the greatest music performances ever.
Here is a link to the video clip I watched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uE1Dho_3UA

Ok.Next is this,

Who is the lead character in 'Pirates of The Carribbean'?
Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp?

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Orlando Bloom.

After_Image

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow! :D

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Urgh, none? Isn't it the girl that has the lead role? Or am I just being stupid now? >.>

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Or maybe there are 3 lead roles ; > I just looked at FW, and it says either way, lulz xD

Dash4

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Orlando Bloom.
A difficult question to answer indeed.
Orlando Bloom's elven-like face keeps the women out there jumping around excitedly shouting "I love you Orlando Bloom".
Then, Johnny Depp's 'just came out off a mental hospital' behavior keeps the politicians pondering about what he's going to do next.
While Keira Christina Knigtley's silky smooth skin is totally irresistible for the manly men watching.

In the end, I would say all 3 of the are the leading performers.
Although officially, my opinion might be incorrect.

Anyways,

There was a godly man who enlarged one of the beautiful ladies' breasts in 'FRIENDS'. Who was he again?

CBlitz

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
bah Bloom and Knightly should have left after the first movie, they were needlessly dragged in

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
LOL Saw 6 is coming out this october. How many Saw movies are there gonna be? When Saw 2 came out, I said to my mates "I'd laugh if Saw 5 comes out" And now the 6th! Also the 7th one is in production!

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Saw is doomed. Saw 1 was pretty neat, bending on what could and couldn't be showed on a cinema. But now it's ridiculous. It's no plot, just gore, I don't see the appeal tbh.

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
I don't think Saw is doomed because the video game of it is coming out(what horror movies get turned into games? :p). The Saw series has made a lot of money for a horror movie series...hence why they keep going. Typical business sense :lmao Saw 1,2 and 3 were good, especailly Saw 1 was epic. Saw 3 bested Saw 2. Saw 4 and 5 became laughable.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I've only seen the first three Saw movies. The only good one is the first one. Saw II was decent, and the third one I didn't like at all. I just can't be bothered to watch the rest. That'd be like watching all the Epic-/Scary-/Superhero- etc. movies. Just gets more and more ridiculous.

CBlitz

Reaction score
Country
United States
the Saw series pretty much owns the Halloween weekend so it makes tons of money

After_Image

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Most movie sequals are like that, they are crap but make lots of money.

Kusachu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can I just give a huge gigantic prop to Rambo?? I just saw it recently on cable and I was blow away by how exceptionally cool Rambo still is after all these years. You got to give it to Stallone. He's got it even more than he did in the First Blood movies. Also, the cinematographer deserves free sexual favors for the shots in that movie. EPIC DEATH!! :XD

P.S. Eff Saw. I like the first one, watched the next two and wasn't really impressed, then quit them. They need to stop.

Trivia: Before he was a gay cowboy, Jake Gyllanhaal stared in what 2001 scifi thriller featuring a scary bunny?

Last edited:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States
Answer: Donnie Darko <333 That bunny is scarier than anything in Saw! xD

So, about Saw, I saw the first 2 and that was plenty. I can't believe there is a 6th and 7th coming out. I mean...
the villain *has* to be dead by now, right? He was introduced in the first one as having an inoperable brain tumor, so how long can he really last? Unless, of course, he's become one of those supernatural horror villains that keep coming back to life (like Jason, Freddy, etc.). Feel free to spoil me (in spoiler tags ;)) if you want. I probably won't be seeing any more of these movies, and I can't imagine it would really matter anyway. This isn't exactly serious stuff we're talking about here. xD

But I suppose horror franchises are often continued what seems like indefinitely (for god's sake, there are 12 Friday the 13th movies -_-;), so it's not so unusual. And who can blame the studios for putting them out? As long as they're still making money, why the heck would they stop?

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
Answer: Donnie Darko <333 That bunny is scarier than anything in Saw! xD

So, about Saw, I saw the first 2 and that was plenty. I can't believe there is a 6th and 7th coming out. I mean...
the villain *has* to be dead by now, right? He was introduced in the first one as having an inoperable brain tumor, so how long can he really last? Unless, of course, he's become one of those supernatural horror villains that keep coming back to life (like Jason, Freddy, etc.). Feel free to spoil me (in spoiler tags ;)) if you want. I probably won't be seeing any more of these movies, and I can't imagine it would really matter anyway. This isn't exactly serious stuff we're talking about here. xD

But I suppose horror franchises are often continued what seems like indefinitely (for god's sake, there are 12 Friday the 13th movies -_-;), so it's not so unusual. And who can blame the studios for putting them out? As long as they're still making money, why the heck would they stop?
The villain died at the end of the 3rd movie...you need to see the third one, it was badass. He fooled everyone and he was just lying in a hospital bed...the 4,5, you gotta see it for yourself ;)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I have seen Saw I, II en III... Saw I was very good. I liked it a lot and it had a great element of surprise. II was meh, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

And III was just utterly bad -> I didn't even decide to watch the third one, it was presented during some halloween program at the cinema (together with the grudge 2, texas chainsaw massacre 2 - with the hot jordana brewster, whichnumber it may have - and the covenant?)

Moral of the story: I don't watch saw anymore ^^

Dash4

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
No way.Is Saw movie that good?

kimross

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

My top 5 movies that i have seen many times :-
Iron Man
Evil Dead: Army of Darkness
Blood: the last vampire
Transformers 2
Lord of the Rings

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Dark Knight is one of the greatest movies ever!

Saw movies are good, not great!

Status
Not open for further replies.