Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchiro

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Matt Vaughn dropped off a long time ago. Brett Ratner is the new director. The movie is gonna be amazing. Danger Room. Sentinals. Juggernaut!

I dont think we'll see Venom in Spidey 3, but most likely Eddie Brock being foiled by Black Costume Spider-Man then Spidey losaing the Black Costume at the end of the movie followed by a cliffhanger where venom makes an appearance before the end credits role. Hopefully Topher Grace is play Kletus Cassidy (Carnage) instead of Eddie Brock. That would be cooler!
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
I hope Venom appear at least one time... It will be very cool. Venom is one of the most important villans in he series, so an appereance of he will be eally big stuff. For my opinion, if he doesn't appear in the Third, he'll be definately in the Fourth.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I don't think Venom's appearing. Not sure though.

But Sandman is. ^_^ If you go back a few pages, Hermie's posted pictures of Sandman. His shirt's pretty accurate. :dance

Oh! I remmber now! Venom was going to be played by Topher Grace![br]Posted at: March 29, 2006, 05:40:36 PM_________________________________________________
Hermie said:
If you have heard nothing about it, then you haven't been looking good enough. :P
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, Venom is apparently going to make it, though I'm not sure whether it's a preview of Spider-Man 4 or not.

I remember how I used to be so excited by all the superhero movies, but they're almost getting to be old news now. Still, definitely looking forward to X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3 the most.
 

TheBolivianGuy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
from what i understand is, that if Venom does appear. it'll be towards the end of the movie. like they did with the green goblin sort of thing. but yeah i can't wait for the movie.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That's what I thought, thanks TheBolivianGuy. Seemed like it would be out of the norm for them to have two major villians be in the spotlight in the same movie since they haven't done that before.

I guess Sam Raimi's planning to be on board for a fourth Spider-Man film then?
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Problem is, all the actors and all the staff just has a contract for three movies. Kirsten Dunst even tried to get out of making the next two until 1 turned out to be a giant success...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hermie said:
Problem is, all the actors and all the staff just has a contract for three movies. Kirsten Dunst even tried to get out of making the next two until 1 turned out to be a giant success...
I wouldn't mind a cast change that much, actually. I knew it was inevitable. Anyway, look at all the different Supermen and Batmans there's been, didn't hurt the story itself. It might take some using but who knows, the next Spider-Man cast might be even better.
 

Orochimaru-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
I wouldnt mind if they recast the role of MJ, but hang on Topher Grace as Venom? Isnt Venom I mean Eddie Brock supposed to be, buff?
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hmmm...just saw V for Vendetta...was good! XD not what i was expecting. I liked it.

The worst movie EVER made is a movie called "Reign in Darkness" If you ever come across it, you must see to believe it. It is just so bad i don't even have the words...it was worse than the live Dragonball movie (which slides in at number 2) IMO...XP
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Kusachu said:
hmmm...just saw V for Vendetta...was good! XD not what i was expecting. I liked it.
O RLY? That's good because I also wanted to see it. The trailers looked nice and the critics are also good.
But nevertheless I also like personal comments.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
V for Vendetta's gotten pretty good reviews. I'll be looking forward to watching that one on DVD.

Orochimaru-chan said:
I wouldnt mind if they recast the role of MJ, but hang on Topher Grace as Venom? Isnt Venom I mean Eddie Brock supposed to be, buff?
Yeah, Eddie Brock's a workout freak. But it might be that they wanted to make it seem even more dramatic when he makes the transformation.

But if you want to see a Eddie Brock lookalike, google Howie Long sometimes. He would have been perfect XD

* * *

I'm planning to watch Chronicles of Narnia when it comes out on DVD this week. I haven't had the chance to watch it in the theater.
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Miso said:
O RLY? That's good because I also wanted to see it. The trailers looked nice and the critics are also good.
But nevertheless I also like personal comments.
I didn't like it. It's the typical pseudo-philosophical trash-talk like in the matrix-movies and I always had the impression that there's always a raised index-finger trying to tell you what is right and wrong. Very much in your face, that is.
Blowing up the parliament is pretty stupid idea to fight a dictatorship.
I can understand why Alan Moore (the author of the comic) doesn't want to have anything to do with that movie.

The special effects are of course top-notch and there are quite a few scenes that look awesome. They should have left out the last matrix-like martial-arts fight though. Looks totally stupid in that film.

The only really good thing about that movie is Natalie Portman. I think she looks awesome with short hair. :D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Alan Moore never wants anything to do with movies based on his work, though. It's like he's saying "you guys will suck, I wash my hands of it." No support whatsoever right from the set-go.

He's kind of anti-social to begin with ( though he definitely is one of the best comic book writers of all time )
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Have you watched the new movie of Quentin Tarantino...? I don't remember its name (is a weird one) but...
Is the most violent movie I've ever seen. Very, very graphic.
If your stomach isn't strong, don't watch it!!! In some scenes, I almost puke...
But, if you like violence, you will have the ultimate movie...
My rating:
of 5
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
FHT Fansubber said:
Have you watched the new movie of Quentin Tarantino...? I don't remember its name (is a weird one) but...
Is the most violent movie I've ever seen. Very, very graphic.
If your stomach isn't strong, don't watch it!!! In some scenes, I almost puke...
But, if you like violence, you will have the ultimate movie...
My rating:
of 5
Are you sure it's a Tarantino movie? Both his new movies are being shot right now and it will take some time until those are out (Grind House, Inglorious Bastards).
Maybe it's an old movie like Reservoir Dogs? :D
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
No... The name of the movie is HOSTEL...
I really don't know if it was directed by Tarantino or produced, but in the credits appers 'A Quentin Tarantino Film'.

You really haven't heard of it? :blink Well, in Latin America is making problems with the censors because of the high content of violece (in Mexico, it got a D rating, that means 21+)
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

imagine a really big spaceship. imagine that it takes a lot of passengers. it is in fact a cruiseship on
the way to neptune for some reason. now think of titanic. you all understand what happens to the
big spaceship. then people try to survive by going into the lifepods. and they do. there are a total
of eight people in that lifepod. and then one of them gets murdered. and then another. and then you get to know
that the exploding ship was sabotaged. and then another one dies. and then you get to know that the blind guy isnt blind and he is the murderer........................... worst movie ever? yeah im pretty sure it is.
Lifepod 1993 Directed by Ron Silver
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

My vote goes to the following movies: -

1. The Brady Bunch movie - I was cringing thru the whole thing. The video was picked by a fren. Needless to say, that was the last time we let her pick the movie.

2. Titanic - I'm sure a lot of ppl would disagree but if u've had to bear with a Titanic fan for a fren (thankfully a different fren fron No.1 above) and after having to hear the sound track and the phrase "You jump I jump" over and over and over again for far too many times, u'll understand why I've voted for this movie. :p
 

MeanderingSoul

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

asmo said:
About Memoirs of a Geisha:
There are a number of reasons why I dislike that movie.
Most of the actors have a terrible accent, it's a real pain listening to that. The movie is full of cliches: sometimes you get the impression that at every corner in Japan there's a folk-dance group (which was certainly not the case). The Westerners (Americans in this case) are portrayed as primitive idiots drinking and f***ing all the time. The whole Geisha trade is portrayed incorrectly to a certain extent. First they tell us that Geishas are not prostitutes (correct) and the next moment the main character's virginity is sold to the highest bidder. The movie is full of cheesy dialogues and stupid-onliners. No wonder the Japanese complained that their whole culture is portrayed incorrectly. Ironically the Chinese actors playing the lead roles in the movie were attacked by their own people for acting as Japanese *g*
In the end it's just another "poor but beautiful girl turns into a hooker" story. :D

Sorry for the rant. Please feel free to disagree with me :)
i thought the movie sucked not for the reasons you gave, but because it totally ruined and misrepresented the actual story i.e. the book. It is true that the book was written by an american male, but he did have a japanese woman who was once a geisha read it and help him with the areas that he got wrong. If you didn't hate it all that much i suggest reading the book. soooo much better, and it lacked the "American movie makers banking off Japanese culture which they don't get" thing. I'm no expert on Japanese culture either, but had no problem at all with the book. I actually thought it was very good to read. The movie pissed me off though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top