Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
And is DeathProof the same thing as Grindhouse?
Grindhouse is the name that b-movies had when they were shown at small cinemas. and then you almost always bought one ticket for two movies.
Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are both huge b-movie fans. so they went together and made one movie each, DeathProof and Planet Terror. and they released them under a fake corporation name: Grindhouse

so DeathProof is a Grindhouse production but there is no movie called Grindhouse.

did that make sense to everyone? cause i suck at explaining stuff in english :smile-big
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ah! I didn't know that, thank you. I do understand, yeah. You explain well in english, don't sell yourself short.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
yes but i also heard that in America it was released together as "Grindhouse" but after it kinda failed in the box-office, they were released under their separate names(planet terror and Death proof) in the rest of the world.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I just heard about it on the Internet, and I always saw the name Grindhouse.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I haven't see the Grindhouse yet (maybe later), but I watched The Bourne Ultimatum last night. I know it's late, but I blame the theater for that. They have even just show Die Hard 4.0 this week! Anyhow, it's a good movie. Maybe even better than Die Hard 4.0.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Omg Rush Hour 3 is not that good dont watch it!!

You will be so disappointed..
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I've been telling my Asian friend who wants to see it badly that it'll be awful, but he's just obsessed with seeing Jackie Chan. He also likes to make fun of Chris Tucker. *sigh* I don't know how I'll get him to stop.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
there's no more good movies coming up is there?


oh yeah stardust, as a neil gaiman fan it's compulsory to watch it :D
 
Last edited:

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

LMAO! i didnt consider that a movie....more like another long kenan and kel episode...lol
Heh yea true but still it was dry as the sahara desert.
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

What's your list of movies that you watch/seen multiple times.

Mine(no order):

Billy Madison(including other Adam saddler films)
Friday
Lion King(as kid, still a fav)
Matrix
Home Alone
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:laser how dare you forget! FOR SHAME YONIE!!!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Re: Worst Movie Ever Thread !!

can't deny that...lol
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
lol just for a moment dude :amuse

saw the trailer, and it's brilliant!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
brilliant??? i friggin
came
when i saw it!!!!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I guess yonie did the same when typing that. :XD

I'm waiting for Stardust to be released here, but i wouldnt really count on it since Gaiman's work is not that popular here (unless for those who reads his works, especially his most awesome comics!). :D
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

For me, they are (in no particular order):
- Home Alone
- Die Hard series...
- The Bourne Supremacy
- South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut
- Taxi (France ver.)
:)

@Ichimaru:
You're a fan of Al Pacino, aren't you?
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I have mixed feelings for Stardust. I kinda want to see it, but at the same time, it seems kinda "generic-fantasy-world"-esque. Should I see it?
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Movies You Seen Many Times

alrighty...choosing just 5 is tough but here we go....

Star Wars, of course (the trilogy)
Romeo and Juliet (Luhrmann's version)
Die Hard
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (I know, I know...)
Jurassic Park

....and I'm sorry, I can't leave this one out even though it'll be 6: The Mighty Ducks. I freaking love that movie :smile-big
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top